Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gun Control

Go down 
+4
Heretic
KarenT
Artie60438
sparks
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
happy jack

Gun Control - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 17 Empty1/15/2013, 3:41 pm

Heretic wrote:
Like I said previously, weapons don't end up in a criminal's hand by magic; they come from legal owners and dealers through theft or sale.

Punish those who sell weapons illegally.
Punish those who steal weapons.
But, speaking as a perfectly law-abiding gun owner, leave me the fuck alone.
That's all I ax.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 17 Empty1/15/2013, 5:07 pm

Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 17 Empty1/15/2013, 6:28 pm

Has everyone seen this?

Meet the Sandy Hook truthers

Quote :
Yes, there really are Newtown truthers.

But in the crazy world of Sandy Hook conspiracy theories, this one may be the worst yet. (Maybe you’ve already heard some of the others, like the one about fantasy ties between the gunman’s family and the LIBOR banking scandal and a related theory about the Aurora shooting and the “Dark Knight Rises.”) Most of the theories are really pieces of a larger meta-theory: that the Sandy Hook shooting was a hoax, perhaps by the Obama administration, designed to stir demand for gun control.

In the latest angle, theorists think they have found “absolute proof” of a conspiracy to defraud the American people. “You reported in December that this little girl had been killed,” a reader emailed Salon in response to a story. “She has been found, and photographed with President Obama.”

The girl in question is Emilie Parker, a 6-year-old who was shot multiple times and killed at Sandy Hook. But for conspiracy theorists, the tears her family shed at her funeral, the moving eulogy from Utah’s governor, and the entire shooting spree are fake. Welcome to the world where Sandy Hook didn’t really happen.

You have to follow the links to get the "full effect." Just one example...

Gun Control - Page 17 Fampicture

Gun Control - Page 17 628x471

http://www.henrymakow.com/is-this-deceased-emilie-parker.html

Quote :

The girl with Obama is wearing the same outfit Emilie wore in a family picture seen here.
Note also, she is wearing red, black and silver, the colors of satanism.

The trouble is- the girl with Obama has her hair parted the same way as Emilie, not her sister who has pigtails. Her hair is also longer than her sister's.

Obama and the children seem pretty cheerful considering Emilie was supposedly brutally murdered days before. Look at Robbie Parker's right hand - hisfingers look like talons; it looks unnatural. Also, as others have noted, the baby is sucking two fingers making a sign of Baphomet. Fingers seem skewed. Younger sister seems to be making a handsign too.

I gotta confess, I didn't know who the hell "Baphomet" was, so I looked it up...

http://www.illuminati-news.com/baphomet.htm

The Illuminati! Of course. And these children are all in on it!

If this wasn't so damned sad, it would actually be funny.

Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 17 Empty1/15/2013, 8:10 pm

happy jack wrote:

So no prevention? Just punishment... after it happens.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 17 Empty1/15/2013, 10:28 pm

Heretic wrote:
happy jack wrote:

So no prevention? Just punishment... after it happens.
Look, if you have some sure-fire method of preventing gun crimes before they occur (without stomping on the rights of law-abiding gun owners), then go for it - I'm totally on board.
Good luck with that.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 17 Empty1/16/2013, 8:50 am

Scorpion wrote:
Has everyone seen this?

Meet the Sandy Hook truthers

Yes, sadly, though I can't say I'm surprised. The GOP tapped into the crazy anti-government fringe after Obama's first election. Combine that with a conservative echo chamber that's been futher softened to such nonsense after years of conspiratorial diarrhea spewed from Beck and Limbaugh to the point that the GOP is now a welcome home for hacks like 9/11 Twoofer Alex Jones, and viola! Sandy Hook Twoofers!

It looks like it involves the same people:

Quote :
There are dozens of websites, blog posts and YouTube videos extolling the Emilie Parker hoax theory. If you Google her name, the very first result is a post mocking her father for crying at a press conference after the shooting. One popular video, which already has 134,000 views, was made by the producers of a popular 9/11 Truther film. “Just as the movie ‘Operation Terror’ shows the 9/11 attacks were a made-for-TV event, so too were the mass shootings … There can be no doubt that Sandy Hook was a staged event,” the narrator intones.

Jones himself is pushing this nonsense on his website. And this guy:

Professor won’t back down from Newtown massacre conspiracy theory

Quote :
A media professor at Florida Atlantic University who is questioning the Sandy Hook massacre has caused controversy with his conspiracy claims.
James Tracy, who writes a personal blog about conspiracy theories, believes the events that unfolded at Sandy Hook did not happen as reported.

The professor writes on his blog, Memory Hole, “While it sounds like an outrageous claim, one is left to inquire whether the Sandy Hook shooting ever took place—at least in the way law enforcement authorities and the nation’s news media have described.” He suggests that there were multiple shooters and that the number of dead is incorrect. The blog post was published on the Global Research site, where it caught the attention of the Web.

The academic, who is known for his conspiracy theories on 9/11 and the Oklahoma bombing, believes—as he claims on his blog and recently stated on a radio show—that trained “crisis actors” may have been employed by the Obama administration to shape public opinion on gun control.

It gets even worse:

This man helped save six children, is now getting harassed for it

Quote :
“I don’t know what to do,” sighed Gene Rosen. “I’m getting hang-up calls, I’m getting some calls, I’m getting emails with, not direct threats, but accusations that I’m lying, that I’m a crisis actor, ‘how much am I being paid?’” Someone posted a photo of his house online. There have been phony Google+ and YouTube accounts created in his name, messages on white supremacist message boards ridiculing the “emotional Jewish guy,” and dozens of blog posts and videos “exposing” him as a fraud. One email purporting to be a business inquiry taunted: “How are all those little students doing? You know, the ones that showed up at your house after the ‘shooting’. What is the going rate for getting involved in a gov’t sponsored hoax anyway?”

“The quantity of the material is overwhelming,” he said. So much so that a friend shields him from most of it by doing daily sweeps of the Web so Rosen doesn’t have to. His wife is worried for their safety. He’s logged every email and every call, and consulted with a retired state police officer, who took the complaint seriously but said police probably can’t do anything at the moment; he plans to do the same with the FBI.

What did Rosen do to deserve this? One month ago, he found six little children and a bus driver at the end of the driveway of his home in Newtown, Conn.

He's just a government plant, doncha know? Like all the first responders to the Pentagon and WTC7 on 9/11.

Gun Control - Page 17 Its_a_conspiracy
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 17 Empty1/16/2013, 8:57 am

And speaking of Beck, have you seen his latest?

I'll take Useless Holocaust Comparisons for $500, Alex.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 17 Empty1/16/2013, 9:00 am

Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 17 Empty1/16/2013, 9:20 am

happy jack wrote:
Look, if you have some sure-fire method of preventing gun crimes before they occur (without stomping on the rights of law-abiding gun owners)...

There were a number of ideas contained in my links I've cited over the past 20 pages. Feel free to go back and actually read them. This recent post had some great ideas, since the they don't affect legal/law abiding gun owners at all. Surely even you can support that.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 17 Empty1/16/2013, 11:17 am

happy jack wrote:
Priceless video.

A list of law-abiding gun owners' info is a de facto list of non-owners as well. It's hilarious that the only ones upset about this are the ones with the weapons, given their magic violence stopping power. They're blowing holes in their own "weapons as a deterrent" argument and don't even know it.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 17 Empty1/16/2013, 12:39 pm

Now I know why jack is packing, he's got "magic violence stopping power."

"Why would you ever want to take away this man's guns?"

Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 17 Empty1/16/2013, 5:28 pm

Heretic wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Priceless video.

It's hilarious that the only ones upset about this are the ones with the weapons, given their magic violence stopping power.

It's even more hilarious that the grabbers are thoroughly unwilling to post signs declaring their own residences to be 'gun-free zones'. After all, gun-free zones, in their eyes, are the epitome of that non-violent nirvana to which they aspire.
What could make them safer than to shout out from the rooftops that they are absolutely defenseless?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 17 Empty1/16/2013, 5:30 pm

Heretic wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Look, if you have some sure-fire method of preventing gun crimes before they occur (without stomping on the rights of law-abiding gun owners)...

There were a number of ideas contained in my links I've cited over the past 20 pages. Feel free to go back and actually read them. This recent post had some great ideas, since the they don't affect legal/law abiding gun owners at all. Surely even you can support that.

I've already addressed that post.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 17 Empty1/16/2013, 5:35 pm

Heretic wrote:
.... the GOP is now a welcome home for hacks like 9/11 Twoofer Alex Jones, and viola!

.... and cello, and double bass, and ukulele, and bouzouki ....
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 17 Empty1/16/2013, 5:44 pm

http://www.politico.com/politico44/2013/01/wh-nra-ad-repugnant-cowardly-154358.html

W.H.: NRA ad 'repugnant,' 'cowardly'

By DONOVAN SLACK |
1/16/13 11:38 AM EST

White House press secretary Jay Carney on Wednesday blasted the NRA for its video calling President Obama "an elitist hypocrite" for being skeptical of putting armed guards in schools while his daughters receive armed protection every day.
“Most Americans agree that a president's children should not be used as pawns in a political fight," Carney said. "But to go so far as to make the safety of the president's children the subject of an attack ad is repugnant and cowardly.”

Yes, because we all know that the last thing the White House would want to do is exploit children for political purposes.

http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2013/01/obama-plans-to-surround-himself-with.html

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Obama Plans to Surround Himself with Children During Gun Control Announcement
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 17 Empty1/16/2013, 5:52 pm

happy jack wrote:
Heretic wrote:
happy jack wrote:

Do you have any problem with universal background checks? Currently, at least as I understand it, that doesn't happen when there are "private sales."

And how about this point that Heretic tried to address with a quote from another post...

Quote :
The problem here is several fold. 1) While not every part is marked, they do already have serials. 2) The original “end point” sale does have a record, as does the manufacturer. *BUT*, 3) these are stored in multiple different ways, including old filing cabinets, the ATF has been denied, nearly every congressional session, the right to standardize this information in their own database, and companies, even manufacturers, never mind stores, go out of business. This means that, if you are lucky, the gun is registered, the company it was purchased from is still in business, and the data is accessible, because the point of sale is cooperating with police. The existence of the information becomes completely meaningless when a) the store no longer exists, b) the information was never put into a state DB, so the call has to be fielded up to the federal level, c) the gun was sold/traded without going through a store, and/or d) it wasn’t registered. And.. the same lobby has done everything it can to make sure that the sale of a gun, by a private citizen, to another, isn’t illegal, even if no registration takes place, as long as its done in some manner that bypasses a store. If you tried that with, say, a car… you would have a much more serious problem on your hands, for some stupid reason.

So do you have any problem with "tightening up" the gun registration laws?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 17 Empty1/16/2013, 7:25 pm

Scorpion wrote:

Do you have any problem with universal background checks? Currently, at least as I understand it, that doesn't happen when there are "private sales."

From page 7:

Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:53 pm

happy jack wrote:
I think it's only fair that if a background check is required for some buyers, then it should be required for all.
But what I think doesn't really matter, as it is the right of each state to make and enforce its own laws.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 17 Empty1/16/2013, 7:30 pm

Scorpion wrote:

Tightening up which aspects, specifically?
And to what end?
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 17 Empty1/16/2013, 10:37 pm

happy jack wrote:

Mistakenly so, as my follow up explained the number of ways the ATF does have its hands tied in tracing weapons back to their original sale despite your claims to the contrary.

So... surely that's something worth fixing, yes?
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 17 Empty1/17/2013, 1:05 am

happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:

And to what end?

I guess you didn't bother to read what I posted?

Put simply, I'm saying that anyone who possesses a gun needs to register it, no matter where or how they buy it. All gun registrations should be stored on a national data base that is easily accessed by law enforcement. Is there a rational reason to oppose these kinds of regulations?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 17 Empty1/17/2013, 4:28 am

Scorpion wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:

And to what end?

Put simply, I'm saying that anyone who possesses a gun needs to register it, no matter where or how they buy it. All gun registrations should be stored on a national data base that is easily accessed by law enforcement. Is there a rational reason to oppose these kinds of regulations?

Is there a rational reason to believe that gun registration would have prevented the Newtown shootings?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 17 Empty1/17/2013, 4:32 am

Heretic wrote:
happy jack wrote:

Mistakenly so, as my follow up explained the number of ways the ATF does have its hands tied in tracing weapons back to their original sale despite your claims to the contrary.

Yes, it is. (I was speaking from personal experience only.)
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 17 Empty1/17/2013, 8:34 am

happy jack wrote:
Heretic wrote:

Yes, it is.

sunny There may be hope after all...

The Daily Show happened to cover Tiahrt's stanglehold on the ATF last night:

Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 17 Empty1/17/2013, 12:12 pm

happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:

And to what end?

Is there a rational reason to believe that gun registration would have prevented the Newtown shootings?

Certainly not.

Look, I'm just trying to find out if we share any common ground. I'm simply trying to ascertain what you think, and why. That's why I'm asking questions. Again...

Quote :
...anyone who possesses a gun needs to register it, no matter where or how they buy it. All gun registrations should be stored on a national data base that is easily accessed by law enforcement. Is there a rational reason to oppose these kinds of regulations?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 17 Empty1/17/2013, 4:31 pm

Scorpion wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:

And to what end?

Certainly not.

Look, I'm just trying to find out if we share any common ground. I'm simply trying to ascertain what you think, and why. That's why I'm asking questions. Again...

Quote :
...anyone who possesses a gun needs to register it, no matter where or how they buy it. All gun registrations should be stored on a national data base that is easily accessed by law enforcement. Is there a rational reason to oppose these kinds of regulations?

Gun registration can do nothing to make anyone safer. It is not a tool to prevent violence; it is simply a tool to investigate violent crime after the fact.
Merely knowing who is in possession of guns is in no way predictive of whether or not, or by whom, those guns will be used for illegal purposes.
Do you think that the newspaper that published the names of the gun owners accomplished anything positive by doing so?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gun Control
Page 17 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next