Gun Control

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   7/23/2012, 5:11 pm

happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:

Claiming that "it is nothing more than a tricked out deer rifle" is laughable and ridiculous....and just plain stupid.

AR-15 - one trigger pull, one shot.
Deer rifle - one trigger pull, one shot.
Why is that so difficult for you to grasp?

Please answer the following questions....
1)What is the maximum amount of rounds each gun can hold before you have to reload?
2)How many shots can you get off without reloading using a "bolt action" which the Winchester deer rifle uses vs how many shots can you get off without reloading using a semi-automatic AR-15?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   7/23/2012, 5:35 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:

Claiming that "it is nothing more than a tricked out deer rifle" is laughable and ridiculous....and just plain stupid.

1)What is the maximum amount of rounds each gun can hold before you have to reload?
2)How many shots can you get off without reloading using a "bolt action" which the Winchester deer rifle uses vs how many shots can you get off without reloading using a semi-automatic AR-15?

It varies, depending on the gun and the magazine capacity. But I myself can dump an empty magazine, slap in a new one, and be shooting again in under 5 seconds, and I have to confess that I am not all that adept at it. Someone who practices could probably do the same thing in 2 seconds. So, capacity is not as important as it's made out to be.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   7/23/2012, 5:52 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

[b]It varies, depending on the gun and the magazine capacity. But I myself can dump an empty magazine, slap in a new one, and be shooting again in under 5 seconds, and I have to confess that I am not all that adept at it. Someone who practices could probably do the same thing in 2 seconds. So, capacity is not as important as it's made out to be.
Try answering the questions. They're really not that difficult.
Can you shoot between 400 to 800 rounds before reloading on a deer rifle like you can on an AR-15?
Back to top Go down
chuckmo48

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   7/23/2012, 6:08 pm

KarenT wrote:
My neighbor's son is sure that if he and his pistol were there, he would have stopped the shooter. That would be the first successful thing he's done in his 30 years.
Wouldn't that be great 10 or 20 people shooting at a dark object in a dark theater amid mass hysteria...you would of had at least 10 more dead...It amazes me that people have to pass a driver's test to drive a car, but not one bit of training to own any kind of gun...
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   7/23/2012, 6:31 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

[b]It varies, depending on the gun and the magazine capacity. But I myself can dump an empty magazine, slap in a new one, and be shooting again in under 5 seconds, and I have to confess that I am not all that adept at it. Someone who practices could probably do the same thing in 2 seconds. So, capacity is not as important as it's made out to be.
Try answering the questions. They're really not that difficult.
Can you shoot between 400 to 800 rounds before reloading on a deer rifle like you can on an AR-15?

You cannot shoot 400 to 800 rounds with an AR-15 before reloading.
WTF are you even talking about?
You know, it's not a real good idea to blatantly lie about something in front of people who are actually familiar with the topic about which you are blatantly lying. You will be caught each and every time, and you will be exposed as the lying sack of shit that you are.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   7/23/2012, 8:10 pm

chuckmo48 wrote:
KarenT wrote:
My neighbor's son is sure that if he and his pistol were there, he would have stopped the shooter. That would be the first successful thing he's done in his 30 years.
Wouldn't that be great 10 or 20 people shooting at a dark object in a dark theater amid mass hysteria...you would of had at least 10 more dead...It amazes me that people have to pass a driver's test to drive a car, but not one bit of training to own any kind of gun...

This is a yes or no question for chuckmo, Artie, edge, Heretic, and anyone else who cares to answer:

If, like those unfortunate theater-goers, you were to find yourself in a confined space along with a psycho who is intent on killing everyone in the room, would you prefer that the psycho be the only one in that room who is armed?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   7/23/2012, 8:48 pm

happy jack wrote:

Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   7/23/2012, 9:16 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

Thank you for sharing the youtube video of a hillbilly shooting with a 100 round magazine.
Now will you stop lying?
Back to top Go down
edge540

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   7/24/2012, 8:08 am

Quote :

It's not difficult to grasp at all.
Did my respone sail over your head yet again?
"Really?...no kidding? That's amazing."

Red Ryder BB Gun-one trigger pull, one shot.

Back to top Go down
edge540

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   7/24/2012, 8:18 am

happy jack wrote:

This is a yes or no question for chuckmo, Artie, edge, Heretic, and anyone else who cares to answer:

If, like those unfortunate theater-goers, you were to find yourself in a confined space along with a psycho who is intent on killing everyone in the room, would you prefer that the psycho be the only one in that room who is armed?

Yes, I'd prefer to have one irrational idiot in the room and not two, unless of course it's an armed off duty police officer.

BTW, I don't go to movie theaters any more. I watch movies at home on my 55" LED using pay per view.
Back to top Go down
edge540

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   7/24/2012, 8:34 am

happy jack wrote:
It varies, depending on the gun and the magazine capacity. But I myself can dump an empty magazine, slap in a new one, and be shooting again in under 5 seconds, and I have to confess that I am not all that adept at it. Someone who practices could probably do the same thing in 2 seconds. So, capacity is not as important as it's made out to be.

Getting off 3, 4 or 5 rounds with a bolt action rifle and reloading in 2 seconds?
Wow. That's utter nonsense. Why does jack make up crap and lie?

Last edited by edge540 on 7/24/2012, 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   7/24/2012, 8:35 am

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

[b]Thank you for sharing the youtube video of a hillbilly shooting with a 100 round magazine.
Now will you stop lying?
Did you pay close attention,dumbass? It only took 9 seconds to empty that 100 round magazine. So much for your One trigger pull, one shot nonsense.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   7/24/2012, 9:30 am

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

[b]Thank you for sharing the youtube video of a hillbilly shooting with a 100 round magazine.
Now will you stop lying?
Did you pay close attention,dumbass? It only took 9 seconds to empty that 100 round magazine. So much for your One trigger pull, one shot nonsense.

Yes, I paid very close attention.
I paid close attention when you said that 400-800 rounds can be fired through an AR-15 without reloading, which is utter bullshit.
An AR-15 can only fire one bullet per trigger pull. An AR-15, along with some other semi-automatic weapons, can be converted to a fully automatic weapon by someone who knows what he is doing. The weapon shown in your video is not an out-of-the-box AR-15. It has been altered, and unless the owner of that weapon holds a Federal Firearms License, that weapon is already highly illegal.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   7/24/2012, 9:38 am

edge540 wrote:
Yes, I'd prefer to have one irrational idiot in the room and not two, unless of course it's an armed off duty police officer.

So you prefer the bleeding heart method of dying - urine-stained, in the fetal position, begging for your life - rather than at least having an option of fighting back.
Your choice, I guess.

edge540 wrote:

BTW, I don't go to movie theaters any more. I watch movies at home on my 55" LED using pay per view.

I no doubt speak for everyone on this forum when I say that I'm really, really impressed.
Back to top Go down
edge540

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   7/24/2012, 9:54 am

happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:

So you prefer the bleeding heart method of dying - urine-stained, in the fetal position, begging for your life - rather than at least having an option of fighting back.
Your choice, I guess.
Quite the obsession with urine lately, eh?
Nah, I'm just not a paranoid, irrational, chest thumping wanabe Rambo conservative gun worshiper who fantasizes about bullshit.
My chances of dying urine-stained, in the fetal position, begging for my life in some "confined space" are about as great as you getting off five rounds and reloading in two seconds with a bolt action deer rifle.
Zero to nil.

edge540 wrote:

Quote :
I no doubt speak for everyone on this forum when I say that I'm really, really impressed.
Really now.
Doesn't take much to impress you, does it.

Last edited by edge540 on 7/24/2012, 10:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   7/24/2012, 10:23 am

edge540 wrote:
My chances of dying urine-stained, in the fetal position, begging for my life in some "confined space" are about as great as you getting off five rounds and reloading in two seconds with a bolt action deer rifle.
Zero to nil.

Probably the same thing those 12 people were thinking when they woke up that morning.
Back to top Go down
edge540

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   7/24/2012, 10:38 am

No, I very much doubt it. Normal sane people do not wake up thinking about dying urine-stained, in the fetal position, begging for their life.

I know I don't.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   7/24/2012, 1:32 pm

happy jack wrote:
The weapon shown in your video is not an out-of-the-box AR-15. It has been altered, and unless the owner of that weapon holds a Federal Firearms License, that weapon is already highly illegal.

Yeah. Well I have a question.... do you think that automatic weapons should be illegal? If so, why?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   7/24/2012, 1:48 pm

happy jack wrote:

I paid close attention when you said that 400-800 rounds can be fired through an AR-15 without reloading, which is utter bullshit.
My mistake Embarassed However,that video clearly shows that someone could probably fire off 300 rounds in a minute by switching magazines.
happy jack wrote:

An AR-15 can only fire one bullet per trigger pull. An AR-15, along with some other semi-automatic weapons, can be converted to a fully automatic weapon by someone who knows what he is doing.
Yeah,Unfortunately though,Instructions on how to do it are easily available,so your point is moot.
happy jack wrote:

The weapon shown in your video is not an out-of-the-box AR-15. It has been altered, and unless the owner of that weapon holds a Federal Firearms License, that weapon is already highly illegal.
Yeah,like that law is gonna scare someone bent on committing mass murder Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   7/24/2012, 4:44 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

My mistake Embarassed However,that video clearly shows that someone could probably fire off 300 rounds in a minute by switching magazines.
happy jack wrote:

An AR-15 can only fire one bullet per trigger pull. An AR-15, along with some other semi-automatic weapons, can be converted to a fully automatic weapon by someone who knows what he is doing.
Yeah,Unfortunately though,Instructions on how to do it are easily available,so your point is moot.
happy jack wrote:

Yeah,like that law is gonna scare someone bent on committing mass murder Rolling Eyes

I have heard argument after argument after argument from the gun grabbers that allowing citizens to become legally licensed to carry weapons will increase gun violence. I have always maintained that a person who is willing to obey the law by becoming legally licensed is likely to be a person who obeys laws in general, and is likely not a person who would use the gun for criminal purposes. Conversely, I have also maintained that anyone willing to break the laws against murder would not be the type of person who would be overly concerned with disobeying comparatively minor statutes such as those concerning the legalities of carrying a weapon. So, based upon your statement – “Yeah,like that law is gonna scare someone bent on committing mass murder.” – I take it that you agree with me that laws preventing private citizens from carrying weapons do absolutely nothing to prevent anyone with criminal intent from committing murder.
Correct?
Congratulations, and welcome to the Friends of the 2nd Amendment Club.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   7/24/2012, 4:54 pm

happy jack wrote:

If you're truly a "Friend of the 2nd Amendment," then you should have no problem answering my question...

Scorpion wrote:
happy jack wrote:

Yeah. Well I have a question.... do you think that automatic weapons should be illegal? If so, why?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   7/24/2012, 5:20 pm

happy jack wrote:
So, based upon your statement – “Yeah,like that law is gonna scare someone bent on committing mass murder.” – I take it that you agree with me that laws preventing private citizens from carrying weapons do absolutely nothing to prevent anyone with criminal intent from committing murder.
Correct?
Nope,not even close. If you had been paying attention it might have dawned on you that my position has always been that guns like an AR-15 have no place in a civilized society,with the exception of Military or Police. They would be illegal to manufacture and sell to private citizens.

Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   7/24/2012, 6:20 pm

Scorpion wrote:
happy jack wrote:

If you're truly a "Friend of the 2nd Amendment," then you should have no problem answering my question...

Scorpion wrote:
happy jack wrote:

Terribly sorry, Scorpion. I didn’t realize that I was obliged to reply to your posts on your timetable rather than mine. I’m very, very, very sorry, and will try my best to not let it happen again.
Now, to answer your question: From a strictly constitutional standpoint, no. But I’ll let others fight the battle to make them legal, and I won’t stand in their way. I’m content to protect myself and my loved ones with the currently legal weaponry. If that sounds inconsistent, so be it.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   7/24/2012, 6:22 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
So, based upon your statement – “Yeah,like that law is gonna scare someone bent on committing mass murder.” – I take it that you agree with me that laws preventing private citizens from carrying weapons do absolutely nothing to prevent anyone with criminal intent from committing murder.
Correct?
Nope,not even close. If you had been paying attention it might have dawned on you that my position has always been that guns like an AR-15 have no place in a civilized society,with the exception of Military or Police. They would be illegal to manufacture and sell to private citizens.

So it is your contention that a rifle that shoots one bullet per pull of the trigger, such as an ordinary hunting rifle, should be illegal.
Correct?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   7/24/2012, 7:07 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Correct?

[b]So it is your contention that a rifle that shoots one bullet per pull of the trigger, such as an ordinary hunting rifle, should be illegal.
Correct?
Ignorant freakin troll. Sleep
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   

Back to top Go down

Gun Control
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 39Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Nation/Other :: Nation/World-
Jump to: