Let Freedom Reign!


 
HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Move over, Mr. Quayle

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5956

PostSubject: Move over, Mr. Quayle   5/30/2012, 10:27 am

Smooth move, Ex-Lax.



http://news.yahoo.com/obama-nazi-death-camp-gaffe-hurt-poles-pm-110505006.html;_ylt=A2KJ3CZgB8ZP_i0AndzQtDMD

Obama Nazi death camp gaffe 'hurt all Poles': PM

US President Barack Obama's description of a Nazi German Holocaust site as a "Polish death camp" shocked Poland, whose leaders insist the record be set straight 67 years after World War II.
Obama on Tuesday labeled the Nazi facility used to process Jews for extermination as a "Polish death camp." The White House later said the president "misspoke" and expressed "regret".
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9360

PostSubject: Re: Move over, Mr. Quayle   5/30/2012, 11:42 am

Mitt Romney iPhone App, 'With Mitt,' Misspells 'America'
Quote :
There's America, and there's Mitt Romney's "Amercia."

Twitter was ablaze with commentary on Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning after it came to light that the Romney campaign's newly-released app, "With Mitt," misspelled "America" as "Amercia."

The free iPhone app allows supporters to personalize and share photos that are superimposed with one of more than a dozen phrases, like "I stand with Mitt," "Obama isn't working" and "American Greatness."

But one of the slogans plasters "A Better Amercia" across the front of the image.

As of Wednesday morning, the app still had not been updated.

Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5956

PostSubject: Re: Move over, Mr. Quayle   5/30/2012, 11:48 am

Artie60438 wrote:
Mitt Romney iPhone App, 'With Mitt,' Misspells 'America'
Quote :
There's America, and there's Mitt Romney's "Amercia."

Twitter was ablaze with commentary on Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning after it came to light that the Romney campaign's newly-released app, "With Mitt," misspelled "America" as "Amercia."

The free iPhone app allows supporters to personalize and share photos that are superimposed with one of more than a dozen phrases, like "I stand with Mitt," "Obama isn't working" and "American Greatness."

But one of the slogans plasters "A Better Amercia" across the front of the image.

As of Wednesday morning, the app still had not been updated.


Yes, a campaign lackey misspelling the word 'America' is very similar to a sitting U.S. president grossly disparaging the people of an allied nation, many of whom bore the brunt of the very worst the Nazis had to offer.
Very similar.



Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
edge540

avatar

Posts : 1166

PostSubject: Re: Move over, Mr. Quayle   5/30/2012, 12:39 pm

happy jack wrote:

Yes, a campaign lackey misspelling the word 'America' is very similar to a...
...campaign speech writer lackey inadvertently referring to "Polish death camps" instead of "death camps in Poland."
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5956

PostSubject: Re: Move over, Mr. Quayle   5/30/2012, 4:24 pm

edge540 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

Yes, a campaign lackey misspelling the word 'America' is very similar to a...
...campaign speech writer lackey inadvertently referring to "Polish death camps" instead of "death camps in Poland."

That's your excuse?
And our beloved president does not proofread his own speeches?
Seriously?
Back to top Go down
edge540

avatar

Posts : 1166

PostSubject: Re: Move over, Mr. Quayle   5/30/2012, 4:34 pm

jack,
referring to the concentration camps in Poland as "Polish death camps" is pretty common, even Polish people do it. It's really not that big of a deal.
Trust me, I know, I'm Polish.
As you know, most of the death camps WERE in Poland.
If Mittens or even George Bush had said the same thing I would feel the same way.
Everybody knows the death camps were run by the Nazis.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5956

PostSubject: Re: Move over, Mr. Quayle   5/30/2012, 4:51 pm

edge540 wrote:
jack,
referring to the concentration camps in Poland as "Polish death camps" is pretty common, even Polish people do it. It's really not that big of a deal.
Trust me, I know, I'm Polish.
As you know, most of the death camps WERE in Poland.
If Mittens or even George Bush had said the same thing I would feel the same way.
Everybody knows the death camps were run by the Nazis.

The term 'Polish death camps' is not at all common. In fact, the term "German death camps' is not at all common. The camps are almost invariably, and correctly, referred to as Nazi death camps, regardless of their geographical locations.
Even the slowest of community organizers should know that, no matter who wrote his speech.
Back to top Go down
edge540

avatar

Posts : 1166

PostSubject: Re: Move over, Mr. Quayle   5/30/2012, 5:03 pm

happy jack wrote:
The term 'Polish death camps' is not at all common. In fact, the term "German death camps' is not at all common. The camps are almost invariably, and correctly, referred to as Nazi death camps, regardless of their geographical locations.
Even the slowest of community organizers should know that, no matter who wrote his speech.
Really?
You know this how?
Have you actually been to Poland and to the death camps?
I HAVE.
jack, jack, jack you - really - do not know WTF, you're blathering about.

Really.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_were_the_names_and_locations_of_the_Nazi_concentration_camps_and_extermination_camps


Last edited by edge540 on 5/30/2012, 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5956

PostSubject: Re: Move over, Mr. Quayle   5/30/2012, 5:16 pm

edge540 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
The term 'Polish death camps' is not at all common. In fact, the term "German death camps' is not at all common. The camps are almost invariably, and correctly, referred to as Nazi death camps, regardless of their geographical locations.
Even the slowest of community organizers should know that, no matter who wrote his speech.
Really?
You know this how?
Have you actually been to Poland and to the death camps?
I HAVE.
jack, jack, jack you - really - do not know WTF, you're blathering about.

Really.

The ball is in your court.
Please provide examples of the common usage of the term 'Polish death camp'.
Back to top Go down
edge540

avatar

Posts : 1166

PostSubject: Re: Move over, Mr. Quayle   5/30/2012, 5:21 pm

Like I said, you do not know WTF you're blathering about:
"Polish death camp" controversy
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This article is about the controversy over the use of the term. For actual camps, see German camps in occupied Poland during World War II.

Durning WWII the nazi concentration camps were located in many European countries: Poland, Germany, Austria, Bohemia, Slovakia, Belarus, France, Denmark, Belgium, Holland, Italia, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Norway, Hungary, Serbia, Croatia, Slovenia, Bulgaria and Macedonia
Auschwitz, Nazi German death camp built in a part of pre-war Poland that was annexed by Nazi Germany.
"The Mass Extermination of Jews in German Occupied Poland", note of Republic of Poland addressed to United Nations, 1942
Polish death camp and Polish concentration camp are terms that occasionally appear in international media in reference to Nazi German concentration camps built and run by Nazi Germany during the Holocaust in the General Government and other parts of occupied Poland. Usage of the term has been condemned as insulting by the Polish foreign minister Adam Daniel Rotfeld in 2005, who also alleged that it—intentionally or unintentionally—shifted the responsibility for the construction or operation of the camps from the German to the Polish people.

The use of terms explicitly mentioning "Poland" or "Polish" has been monitored and discouraged by the Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Polonia organizations around the world as well as by all Polish governments since 1989.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9360

PostSubject: Re: Move over, Mr. Quayle   5/30/2012, 5:31 pm

happy jack wrote:

[b]The ball is in your court.
Please provide examples of the common usage of the term 'Polish death camp'.
Quote :
The AP story, and other stories about the sign, ran on the New York Times’ website, Time Magazine — in partnership with CNN and the Wall Street Journal — all with the same mistake. They wrote the sign was from a “Polish concentration camp.” The New York Times, on several occasions going back to 1986, has used the phrase.
http://militaryreporter.net/2012/02/15/ap-flubs-leads-to-new-style-on-death-camp

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Holocaust/extcamps.html

Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5956

PostSubject: Re: Move over, Mr. Quayle   5/30/2012, 5:55 pm

edge540 wrote:

Polish death camp and Polish concentration camp are terms that occasionally appear in international media in reference to Nazi German concentration camps built and run by Nazi Germany during the Holocaust in the General Government and other parts of occupied Poland. Usage of the term has been condemned as insulting by the Polish foreign minister Adam Daniel Rotfeld in 2005, who also alleged that it—intentionally or unintentionally—shifted the responsibility for the construction or operation of the camps from the German to the Polish people.

The use of terms explicitly mentioning "Poland" or "Polish" has been monitored and discouraged by the Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Polonia organizations around the world as well as by all Polish governments since 1989.

edge:

Did you read your entire citation before posting it, or did you selectively skip over the highlighted portion?






Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

[b]The ball is in your court.
Please provide examples of the common usage of the term 'Polish death camp'.
Quote :
The AP story, and other stories about the sign, ran on the New York Times’ website, Time Magazine — in partnership with CNN and the Wall Street Journal — all with the same mistake. They wrote the sign was from a “Polish concentration camp.” The New York Times, on several occasions going back to 1986, has used the phrase.

Artie:

Is the term a common usage, or is it a mistake?
Make up your mind.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9360

PostSubject: Re: Move over, Mr. Quayle   5/30/2012, 7:23 pm

happy jack wrote:

Artie:

Is the term a common usage, or is it a mistake?
Make up your mind.
It may depend on the definition of common usage.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5956

PostSubject: Re: Move over, Mr. Quayle   5/30/2012, 7:42 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

Artie:

Is the term a common usage, or is it a mistake?
Make up your mind.
It may depend on the definition of common usage.
As far as definitions for the term 'common usage', my personal favorite is 'used commonly'.
What is yours?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5956

PostSubject: Re: Move over, Mr. Quayle   5/30/2012, 8:26 pm

edge540 wrote:

Have you actually been to Poland and to the death camps?
I HAVE.
Well.
I guess that makes you quite the expert on this topic then, doesn’t it?
Hey, edge, tell me – is it true that you can see Poland from your house?



lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9360

PostSubject: Re: Move over, Mr. Quayle   5/30/2012, 8:39 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

Artie:

Is the term a common usage, or is it a mistake?
Make up your mind.
It may depend on the definition of common usage.
[b]As far as definitions for the term 'common usage', my personal favorite is 'used commonly'.
Your personal favorite isn't a definition.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9360

PostSubject: Re: Move over, Mr. Quayle   5/30/2012, 8:41 pm

happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:

Have you actually been to Poland and to the death camps?
I HAVE.
[b]Well.
I guess that makes you quite the expert on this topic then, doesn’t it?
Yeah,it does,especially since he is of Polish heritage.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5956

PostSubject: Re: Move over, Mr. Quayle   5/30/2012, 10:35 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:

Have you actually been to Poland and to the death camps?
I HAVE.
[b]Well.
I guess that makes you quite the expert on this topic then, doesn’t it?
Yeah,it does,especially since he is of Polish heritage.
I am 100% Polish.
If that is all it takes to be considered an expert on this topic, then hell - I'm an expert!
Artie says so!
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5956

PostSubject: Re: Move over, Mr. Quayle   5/30/2012, 10:44 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

Artie:

Is the term a common usage, or is it a mistake?
Make up your mind.
It may depend on the definition of common usage.
[b]As far as definitions for the term 'common usage', my personal favorite is 'used commonly'.
Your personal favorite isn't a definition.

com•mon (k m n)
2. Widespread; prevalent.
3.
a. Occurring frequently or habitually; usual.
b. Most widely known; ordinary


us•age (y s j, -z j)
1.
a. The act, manner, or amount of using; use: the usage of a technical term; an instrument that measures water usage.
b. The act or manner of treating; treatment: subjected the car to rough usage.
2. A usual, habitual, or accepted practice. See Synonyms at habit.
3. The way in which words or phrases are actually used, spoken, or written in a speech community.
4. A particular expression in speech or writing:






Artie, if this is becoming overly complicated for you, let me know and I’ll explain whatever needs clarification.
(Have no fear- I'll use small words.)
Back to top Go down
edge540

avatar

Posts : 1166

PostSubject: Re: Move over, Mr. Quayle   5/31/2012, 7:45 am

happy jack wrote:

Polish death camp and Polish concentration camp are terms that occasionally appear in international media in reference to Nazi German concentration camps built and run by Nazi Germany during the Holocaust in the General Government and other parts of occupied Poland. Usage of the term has been condemned as insulting by the Polish foreign minister Adam Daniel Rotfeld in 2005, who also alleged that it—intentionally or unintentionally—shifted the responsibility for the construction or operation of the camps from the German to the Polish people.

The use of terms explicitly mentioning "Poland" or "Polish" has been monitored and discouraged by the Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Polonia organizations around the world as well as by all Polish governments since 1989.

Quote :
edge:

Did you read your entire citation before posting it, or did you selectively skip over the highlighted portion?
Yes, I read the entire citation, and it looks like it's going over your head.
That and everything below make your statement below look utterly silly and ridiculous:
Quote :
The term 'Polish death camps' is not at all common. In fact, the term "German death camps' is not at all common. The camps are almost invariably, and correctly, referred to as Nazi death camps, regardless of their geographical locations.

When it's used in school textbooks in addition to major media outlets like the New York Times, Time Magazine, CNN and the Wall Street Journal use the term 'Polish death camps,' I'd say that's pretty common.

Quote :
For many years the new media when referring to the World War II concentration camps that the Nazis built have been calling them “Polish death camps” or “Polish Concentration camps.”
http://www.austinpolishsociety.org/new/polish-death-camp-controversy

Quote :
At first blush, Poland’s hyperventilating response and accusation of the White House’s “bad intentions” seems disproportionate. While Warsaw is still smarting from Obama’s abandonment of the Bush Administration’s plan to install a missile shield in Poland, it is unclear why the administration would intend to shift culpability for the Holocaust from Germany to Germany’s victims. (And it turns out the “Polish camp” mistake is depressingly common. The website of Poland’s embassy in Washington even offers a how-to-guide for avoiding the locution and claims to have “intervened” with American media organizations hundreds of times in recent years: In 2010, there were 103 such interventions compared to 23 this year.)
http://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-news-and-politics/101123/nazi-collaborators-or-victims
more examples:
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/%22Polish_death_camp%22_controversy

jack:
Next time do some some research before you attempt another lame shot at the president.
You also won't look so effing foolish.







Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5956

PostSubject: Re: Move over, Mr. Quayle   5/31/2012, 11:26 am

edge540 wrote:
Usage of the term has been condemned as insulting by the Polish foreign minister Adam Daniel Rotfeld in 2005, who also alleged that it—intentionally or unintentionally—shifted the responsibility for the construction or operation of the camps from the German to the Polish people.

………

The use of terms explicitly mentioning "Poland" or "Polish" has been monitored and discouraged by the Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Polonia organizations around the world as well as by all Polish governments since 1989.
.........

While Warsaw is still smarting from Obama’s abandonment of the Bush Administration’s plan to install a missile shield in Poland, it is unclear why the administration would intend to shift culpability for the Holocaust from Germany to Germany’s victims.

………

And it turns out the “Polish camp” mistake is depressingly common.





You, and your sources, may claim that the term ‘Polish death camp’ is common, although I had neither seen nor heard that term used before until I saw your few meager citations of its alleged “common” use. (Incidentally, the use of that term in a small handful of aberrant and outlying articles does not constitute "common usage", but I won't pick that nit.)
But, in fairness, I’ll accept your sources as legitimate in saying so, if you will accept your own sources as legitimate when they state that what Obama said , “has been condemned as insulting by the Polish foreign minister”, has “shifted the responsibility for the construction or operation of the camps from the German to the Polish people”, has been “discouraged by the Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Polonia organizations around the world as well as by all Polish governments since 1989”, and is an attempt by the Obama administration “to shift culpability for the Holocaust from Germany to Germany’s victims”.
Glad to see we can agree on something.
Aren’t you?
Back to top Go down
edge540

avatar

Posts : 1166

PostSubject: Re: Move over, Mr. Quayle   5/31/2012, 12:47 pm

jack:
I really don't give a shit as to what you accept or do not accept.
No, I do not accept your bullshit EDITED version of what is in my source:
Quote :
"is an attempt by the Obama administration “to shift culpability for the Holocaust from Germany to Germany’s victims”.
I find it dishonset, disgusting and extremely offensive.
In other other words you made up crap and lied. Of course that is par for the course for an ODS Obama hating conservative.
You look even more foolish now than before.

Don't you ever get embarrassed?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5956

PostSubject: Re: Move over, Mr. Quayle   5/31/2012, 1:22 pm

edge540 wrote:
jack:
I really don't give a shit as to what you accept or do not accept.
No, I do not accept your bullshit EDITED version of what is in my source:
Quote :
"is an attempt by the Obama administration “to shift culpability for the Holocaust from Germany to Germany’s victims”.
I find it dishonset, disgusting and extremely offensive.
In other other words you made up crap and lied, par for the course as an ODS Obama hating conservative.

If you find anything "dishonest, disgusting , and offensive" about this, then blame your own sources. Anything that I cited from your own sources was not taken out of context. The only part I will retract is the portion in which I quoted your own source as stating that it was an “‘attempt’ to shift culpability for the Holocaust from Germany to Germany’s victims”. That was the wrong choice of wording. Rather, what your own source actually stated is that it was the Obama administration’s “’intent’ to shift culpability for the Holocaust from Germany to Germany’s victims.”
My mistake.

Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5956

PostSubject: Re: Move over, Mr. Quayle   5/31/2012, 1:24 pm

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/obama-nazi-death-camp-gaffe-hurt-poles-pm-110505006.html

White House shrugs off Polish apology demands

The White House on Wednesday shrugged off Polish demands to express more than mere 'regret' after President Barack Obama mistakenly referred to a Nazi Holocaust site as a "Polish death camp."
………
US officials reiterated Wednesday that Obama had visited the Warsaw Ghetto Memorial during his visit to Poland last year and had repeatedly paid tribute to the bravery of Poles during World War II.





Hey, hey!
Barry has actually been to Poland!
Just like edge!
They, and they alone, are experts, and they, and they alone, are qualified to demand that the Polish people should not be allowed to feel offended over being slandered by the leader of the free world.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Move over, Mr. Quayle   

Back to top Go down
 
Move over, Mr. Quayle
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Nation/Other :: Nation/World-
Jump to: