Let Freedom Reign!


 
HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 How Obamacare Has Saved Seniors Billions On Prescription Drugs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9380

PostSubject: How Obamacare Has Saved Seniors Billions On Prescription Drugs   5/24/2012, 12:07 pm

Crank up those ads...sit back...and watch the wingnuts howl Very Happy
How Obamacare Has Saved Seniors Billions On Prescription Drugs
Quote :
New Data from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) about the Affordable Care Act shows that the health law already is helping people under Medicare with their prescription drug purchases. And millions of Medicare participants are taking advantage of preventive services available at no cost to them because of Obamacare. Here are three facts from CMS to know about the report:
Quote :

– People with Medicare have saved a total of $3.5 billion on prescription drugs thanks to the health care law
– In the first four months of 2012 alone, more than 416,000 with Medicare people saved an average of $724 on prescription drugs thanks to the health care law
– From January through April, 12.1 million people in traditional Medicare received at least one free preventive service thanks to the health care law
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5996

PostSubject: Re: How Obamacare Has Saved Seniors Billions On Prescription Drugs   5/24/2012, 1:59 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Crank up those ads...sit back...and watch the wingnuts howl Very Happy
How Obamacare Has Saved Seniors Billions On Prescription Drugs
Quote :
New Data from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) about the Affordable Care Act shows that the health law already is helping people under Medicare with their prescription drug purchases. And millions of Medicare participants are taking advantage of preventive services available at no cost to them because of Obamacare. Here are three facts from CMS to know about the report:
Quote :

– People with Medicare have saved a total of $3.5 billion on prescription drugs thanks to the health care law
– In the first four months of 2012 alone, more than 416,000 with Medicare people saved an average of $724 on prescription drugs thanks to the health care law
– From January through April, 12.1 million people in traditional Medicare received at least one free preventive service thanks to the health care law

Here is another piece from the same ridiculous web site from which your article emanates.
I wonder if your article is as ‘honest’ as the headline of this one.


http://thinkprogress.org/health/2012/05/23/489068/woman-kicked-off-flight-for-wearing-a-pro-choice-t-shirt/

Woman Kicked Off Flight For Wearing A Pro-Choice T-Shirt

By Annie-Rose Strasser on May 23, 2012 at 12:30 pm

A woman was not allowed to board her connecting flight Tuesday because she was wearing a pro-choice shirt that was too offensive, according to American Airlines.
The woman emailed Jodi Jacobson, editor-in-chief of RH Reality Check, recounting the experience:
Right before we were set to land the flight attendant from first class approaches me and asks if I had a connecting flight? We were running a bit behind schedule, so I figured I was being asked this to be sure I would make my connecting flight. She then proceeded to tell me that I needed to speak with the captain before disembarking the plane and that the shirt I was wearing was offensive.
The shirt was gray with the wording, “If I wanted the government in my womb, I’d fuck a senator.”
I must also mention that when I boarded the plane, I was one of the first groups to board (did not pass by many folks). I was wearing my shawl just loosely around my neck and upon sitting down in my seat the lady next to me, who was already seated, praised me for wearing the shirt.
The shirt’s words are actually lifted from a sign used by Oklahoma state Sen. Judy McIntyre (D) at a pro-choice rally. McIntyre told critics who found her sign offensive that “I would hope they would have that same passion about how offensive it is for the Republican Party of Oklahoma to ramrod, because they have the votes to do so, bills that are offensive to women and take away the rights of women.”
American Airlines has an exceptionally strict dress policy, according to CNN. It says that “it can refuse to transport you, or may remove you from your flight for reasons including ‘being clothed in a manner that would cause discomfort or offense to other passengers.’”
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

avatar

Posts : 1917

PostSubject: Re: How Obamacare Has Saved Seniors Billions On Prescription Drugs   5/24/2012, 2:40 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
Crank up those ads...sit back...and watch the wingnuts howl Very Happy
How Obamacare Has Saved Seniors Billions On Prescription Drugs
Quote :
New Data from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) about the Affordable Care Act shows that the health law already is helping people under Medicare with their prescription drug purchases. And millions of Medicare participants are taking advantage of preventive services available at no cost to them because of Obamacare. Here are three facts from CMS to know about the report:
Quote :

– People with Medicare have saved a total of $3.5 billion on prescription drugs thanks to the health care law
– In the first four months of 2012 alone, more than 416,000 with Medicare people saved an average of $724 on prescription drugs thanks to the health care law
– From January through April, 12.1 million people in traditional Medicare received at least one free preventive service thanks to the health care law

Here is another piece from the same ridiculous web site from which your article emanates.
I wonder if your article is as ‘honest’ as the headline of this one.

Yeah. Well, I agree with you about the shirt headline, but the data that is cited in the article that was posted comes from a press release from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). I don't see any reason to question it, so I guess that you can stop "wondering."

http://www.cms.gov/apps/media/press/release.asp?Counter=4366&intNumPerPage=10&checkDate=&checkKey=&srchType=1&numDays=3500&srchOpt=0&srchData=&keywordType=All&chkNewsType=1%2C+2%2C+3%2C+4%2C+5&intPage=&showAll=&pYear=&year=&desc=&cboOrder=date
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5996

PostSubject: Re: How Obamacare Has Saved Seniors Billions On Prescription Drugs   5/24/2012, 2:51 pm

Scorpion wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
Crank up those ads...sit back...and watch the wingnuts howl Very Happy
How Obamacare Has Saved Seniors Billions On Prescription Drugs
Quote :
New Data from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) about the Affordable Care Act shows that the health law already is helping people under Medicare with their prescription drug purchases. And millions of Medicare participants are taking advantage of preventive services available at no cost to them because of Obamacare. Here are three facts from CMS to know about the report:
Quote :

– People with Medicare have saved a total of $3.5 billion on prescription drugs thanks to the health care law
– In the first four months of 2012 alone, more than 416,000 with Medicare people saved an average of $724 on prescription drugs thanks to the health care law
– From January through April, 12.1 million people in traditional Medicare received at least one free preventive service thanks to the health care law

Here is another piece from the same ridiculous web site from which your article emanates.
I wonder if your article is as ‘honest’ as the headline of this one.

Yeah. Well, I agree with you about the shirt headline, but the data that is cited in the article that was posted comes from a press release from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). I don't see any reason to question it, so I guess that you can stop "wondering."

http://www.cms.gov/apps/media/press/release.asp?Counter=4366&intNumPerPage=10&checkDate=&checkKey=&srchType=1&numDays=3500&srchOpt=0&srchData=&keywordType=All&chkNewsType=1%2C+2%2C+3%2C+4%2C+5&intPage=&showAll=&pYear=&year=&desc=&cboOrder=date
No, I'm not questioning the article on Medicare, etc. - just pointing out the dishonesty of its source.
Back to top Go down
edge540

avatar

Posts : 1166

PostSubject: Re: How Obamacare Has Saved Seniors Billions On Prescription Drugs   5/24/2012, 3:13 pm

Quote :
...and watch the wingnuts howl

bingo
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9380

PostSubject: Re: How Obamacare Has Saved Seniors Billions On Prescription Drugs   5/24/2012, 5:04 pm

edge540 wrote:
Quote :
...and watch the wingnuts howl

bingo
I think I found my new favorite source Very Happy
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5996

PostSubject: Re: How Obamacare Has Saved Seniors Billions On Prescription Drugs   5/24/2012, 7:51 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
edge540 wrote:
Quote :
...and watch the wingnuts howl

bingo
I think I found my new favorite source Very Happy
A dishonest source for a dishonest person.
Quite apt.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9380

PostSubject: Re: How Obamacare Has Saved Seniors Billions On Prescription Drugs   5/24/2012, 8:43 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
edge540 wrote:
Quote :
...and watch the wingnuts howl

bingo
I think I found my new favorite source Very Happy
[b]A dishonest source for a dishonest person.
Quite apt.
Says the troll who wasn't even bright enough to check the source before ending up with egg on his face and instead attempted to derail the thread with a completely off topic howl. Sleep
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5996

PostSubject: Re: How Obamacare Has Saved Seniors Billions On Prescription Drugs   5/24/2012, 8:49 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
edge540 wrote:
Quote :
...and watch the wingnuts howl

bingo
I think I found my new favorite source Very Happy
[b]A dishonest source for a dishonest person.
Quite apt.
Says the troll who wasn't even bright enough to check the source before ending up with egg on his face and instead attempted to derail the thread with a completely off topic howl. Sleep

WTF are you yapping about now?
This is the link you provided.


http://thinkprogress.org/health/2012/05/24/489871/how-obamacare-has-saved-seniors-billions-on-prescription-drugs/?mobile=nc

How Obamacare Has Saved Seniors Billions On Prescription Drugs


| New data from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) about the Affordable Care Act shows that the health law already is helping people under Medicare with their prescription drug purchases. And millions of Medicare participants are taking advantage of preventive services available at no cost to them because of Obamacare. Here are three facts from CMS to know about the report:
– People with Medicare have saved a total of $3.5 billion on prescription drugs thanks to the health care law
– In the first four months of 2012 alone, more than 416,000 with Medicare people saved an average of $724 on prescription drugs thanks to the health care law
– From January through April, 12.1 million people in traditional Medicare received at least one free preventive service thanks to the health care law
Back to top Go down
Heretic

avatar

Posts : 3109

PostSubject: Re: How Obamacare Has Saved Seniors Billions On Prescription Drugs   5/25/2012, 8:07 am

What's the issue with the t-shirt article?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5996

PostSubject: Re: How Obamacare Has Saved Seniors Billions On Prescription Drugs   5/25/2012, 10:39 am

Heretic wrote:
What's the issue with the t-shirt article?
Nothing wrong with the article - the blatantly misleading headline is what I was referencing.
It should be obvious to anyone in possession of a shred of honesty (it's OK, Artie - you can sit this one out) that the woman was not thrown off the plane due to her pro-choice views, as the headline, in its furtherance of the narrative of the non-existent 'War on Women', would suggest. Rather, she was thrown off the plane for the vulgarity of the message on the shirt - “If I wanted the government in my womb, I’d fuck a senator”.
Anyone making an honest (again, Artie, relax - you'll get your turn) assessment of this would have to admit that.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

avatar

Posts : 3109

PostSubject: Re: How Obamacare Has Saved Seniors Billions On Prescription Drugs   5/25/2012, 12:45 pm

happy jack wrote:
Nothing wrong with the article - the blatantly misleading headline is what I was referencing. . . . she was thrown off the plane for the vulgarity of the message on the shirt - “If I wanted the government in my womb, I’d fuck a senator”.

Shocked Glossed right over that part, which must mean I curse way too much... Razz
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9380

PostSubject: Re: How Obamacare Has Saved Seniors Billions On Prescription Drugs   5/25/2012, 2:49 pm

happy jack wrote:
Heretic wrote:
What's the issue with the t-shirt article?
[b]Nothing wrong with the article
Wrong answer,Troll. It had absolutely nothing to do with the topic "How Obamacare Has Saved Seniors Billions On Prescription Drugs".
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5996

PostSubject: Re: How Obamacare Has Saved Seniors Billions On Prescription Drugs   5/25/2012, 4:21 pm

Heretic wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Nothing wrong with the article - the blatantly misleading headline is what I was referencing. . . . she was thrown off the plane for the vulgarity of the message on the shirt - “If I wanted the government in my womb, I’d fuck a senator”.

Shocked Glossed right over that part, which must mean I curse way too much... Razz
Don't we all?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5996

PostSubject: Re: How Obamacare Has Saved Seniors Billions On Prescription Drugs   5/25/2012, 4:23 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Heretic wrote:
What's the issue with the t-shirt article?
[b]Nothing wrong with the article
Wrong answer,Troll. It had absolutely nothing to do with the topic "How Obamacare Has Saved Seniors Billions On Prescription Drugs".
You're out of your league in this discussion, Artie. Remember, this one involves honesty.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9380

PostSubject: Re: How Obamacare Has Saved Seniors Billions On Prescription Drugs   5/26/2012, 11:03 am

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

[b]Nothing wrong with the article
Wrong answer,Troll. It had absolutely nothing to do with the topic "How Obamacare Has Saved Seniors Billions On Prescription Drugs".
You're out of your league in this discussion, Artie. Remember, this one involves honesty.
You deliberately attempt to derail the thread and you want to lecture me on honesty?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5996

PostSubject: Re: How Obamacare Has Saved Seniors Billions On Prescription Drugs   5/26/2012, 2:59 pm

Artie60438 wrote:

You deliberately attempt to derail the thread and you want to lecture me on honesty?
I'm not quite sure what derailing a thread has to do with honesty.
And, no, I wasn't lecturing you on honesty.
I was merely pointing out that there is no place for you in a discussion that requires honesty.
See the difference?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: How Obamacare Has Saved Seniors Billions On Prescription Drugs   

Back to top Go down
 
How Obamacare Has Saved Seniors Billions On Prescription Drugs
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Nation/Other :: Nation/World-
Jump to: