Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Abortion

Go down 
+3
Heretic
happy jack
Artie60438
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Heretic

Heretic

Abortion - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abortion   Abortion - Page 7 Empty5/30/2013, 9:54 pm

Heretic wrote:
The GOP's America:

Ireland 'should change abortion law' after woman's death

Here's another horrible one:

Pregnant El Salvador woman denied life-saving abortion

Quote :
El Salvador's Supreme Court ruled Wednesday against allowing a young woman to have an abortion, which her doctors and lawyers argue is necessary to save her life.

. . .

The 22-year-old woman suffers from severe and complicated illnesses. Her doctors have told her that she will likely die giving birth, and the unborn child will most likely live only a few hours, but she is prevented by law from having an abortion.

Nonviable fetus > woman.

The way Jesus and the GOP want it.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

Abortion - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abortion   Abortion - Page 7 Empty6/18/2013, 11:21 am

An abortion walks into a bar and says to the bartender ...

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Quote :
Quote :
“How do you make abortion funny?” That was a key question mulled at a major conservative gathering Friday on how to make social conservatism appealing to young people, after an election where Republicans got trounced in the battle for millennial voters (who are are moving even further and further away from the Christian-right on marriage on other issues).

Abortion has to be made funny, the thinking goes, because funny sells on social media, and that’s where one goes to court young people. “You can engage with sarcasm, it’s hard with the abortion issue, but you have to,” said Students for Life President Kristan Hawkins at a breakout panel at the Faith and Freedom Coalition Conference in Washington today on how to win millennial voters. “Unfortunately we have to, because this is the generation that we’ve been dealt.”

So the way to convince young Americans to join the Republican Party is to make abortion hilarious. Or at least be sarcastic about it. Your abortion-related humor will then get the young folks these days to realize that you are hip and with it and that they really want on board with that whole Gilead-patterened premise of social conservative religious rule, aka Jesus Sharia.

You know something? Screw it. You go for it, folks. I would have paid solid pay-per-view prices to see Mitt Romney standing at the Republican National Convention plastering the audience with some truly top-notch abortion jokes. How many abortions does it take to change a light bulb? A priest, a rabbi and an abortion walk into a bar, and the priest says hey pal, you're an abomination, I can't believe they let you in here. You know, humor.

The premise apparently extends to being anti-gay-marriage as well; nothing attracts the young folks like treating gay people like dirt while also making jokes about it on Twitter. Unfortunately, those "young people" are about 12 years old, so they'll have to figure out a way to keep them occupied until voting age. Maybe some fetus-related puppet shows or something.

In the meantime, I think we all need to start preparing an escape plan. The moon is far too boring, and Mars might take a long, long time to terraform, but we've got to at least start considering our options. We're nearing maximum crackpot. This thing's about to go supernova.
I'm working on one as we speak.... "A certain troll logs in to a message board"....
Abortion - Page 7 Rofl
Punchline suggestions are most welcome
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

Abortion - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abortion   Abortion - Page 7 Empty6/18/2013, 1:26 pm

Artie60438 wrote:

Quote :
“How do you make abortion funny?” That was a key question mulled at a major conservative gathering Friday on how to make social conservatism appealing to young people, after an election where Republicans got trounced in the battle for millennial voters (who are are moving even further and further away from the Christian-right on marriage on other issues).

Abortion has to be made funny, the thinking goes, because funny sells on social media, and that’s where one goes to court young people. “You can engage with sarcasm, it’s hard with the abortion issue, but you have to,” said Students for Life President Kristan Hawkins at a breakout panel at the Faith and Freedom Coalition Conference in Washington today on how to win millennial voters. “Unfortunately we have to, because this is the generation that we’ve been dealt.”
Did you guys hear this one?
Quote :
What has getting your girlfriend pregnant and locking your keys in the car got in common?

Both problems can be easily fixed with a coat hanger.
Abortion - Page 7 Rofl
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

Abortion - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abortion   Abortion - Page 7 Empty6/19/2013, 11:58 am

Abortion - Page 7 Tumblr_mkvfyokRV71qdx34lo1_500
Back to top Go down
happy jack

Abortion - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abortion   Abortion - Page 7 Empty6/19/2013, 1:43 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
I'm working on one as we speak.... "A certain troll logs in to a message board"....
Abortion - Page 7 Rofl
Punchline suggestions are most welcome

You've been conspicuously silent on our exchange on the Trayvon Martin thread.
When your posts and your logic are so wrong-headed, misguided, and nonsensical that even the usual cavalry refuses to ride in to defend you, even half-heartedly, you know that you have, figuratively, screwed the pooch. (Although, for all I know, in your case it might be literally.)
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

Abortion - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abortion   Abortion - Page 7 Empty6/20/2013, 7:37 am

Artie60438 wrote:
An abortion walks into a bar and says to the bartender ...

Quote :
Quote :
What is red and is creeping up your leg?

An abortion with homesickness.
Abortion - Page 7 Rofl
Abortion - Page 7 Pro-Life-Demonstrators
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

Abortion - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abortion   Abortion - Page 7 Empty6/25/2013, 4:15 pm

Abortion - Page 7 JdWbog0
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

Abortion - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abortion   Abortion - Page 7 Empty6/27/2013, 10:34 pm

Albertsons Worker Claims Chain Is Responsible For Death Of Her Baby

Quote :
A grocery store worker in California has filed a lawsuit against the Albertsons supermarket chain, claiming the company refused to accommodate her pregnancy at work, ultimately leading to the death of her baby.

Reyna García, a 30-year-old from Atascadero, Calif., says in her complaint that she presented her superiors with three separate doctor's notes explaining her high-risk pregnancy and asking that her job duties be restricted. The requests were ignored, according to García.

Here's a test for the pro-life crowd, to see how much they truly care about a pregnancy. Pregnancies are fragile, even if they're not high risk. If the "pro-life" crowd truly cares, they should rally behind protecting the fetus from all harm, not just harm for abortion providers.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

Abortion - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abortion   Abortion - Page 7 Empty7/1/2013, 5:40 pm

Bill Maher nails it again....
Bill Maher RIPS into GOP for their anti-science oppositon to Plan B and HPV vaccine
Quote :
Last night, Bill Maher ripped into the Republicans for claiming to be pro-life and anti-abortion, and yet then also opposing Plan B and HPV vaccines.

Quote :
And finally, New Rule: Stop saying Republicans are waging a war on women.  It's not women they hate, it's women having sex that doesn't end with a baby popping out.  Sex in their mind is for procreation, not recreation.  The same way the G-spot is seen as just another liberal hoax that needs more study.  (audience laughter and applause)

All right, I bring this up because, besides the heroic Wendy Davis, there were two stories in the news last week dealing with teenage sex.  And just to be safe, the Vatican issued a denial.  (audience groans)  Yeah, you'll get over it.

One story was about Plan B.  That's the morning after pill that the FDA says is safer than Motrin, and which any American can now buy over the counter, just like milk and ammo.  And because it's a birth control pill, it will prevent abortions.

Now the other story was about the vaccine for HPV, which is the STD that leads to cervical cancer, and how that vaccine, since its introduction in 2006, has reduced teenage infections by 56%.

All good news, right?  Wrong!  No, over in Family Values World, things like Plan B and the HPV vaccine are bad, because they remove God's natural intended punishments for sluts who put out.  (shocked audience laughter)  It's true.

A) being saddled with a baby you don't want, or
   B) stricken with a horrible disease.

You don't think that's how these people think?  Then tell me why conservatives always couch their objections to the HPV vaccine in "parental rights", but never complain about other state-mandated vaccines their kids have to get.  Why not throw a shit fit about the measles vaccine?  Or mumps, rubella, whooping cough, chicken pox?  Because you don't get those diseases from screwing or yodeling in the canyon.  (audience laughter turns into cheering)

They do not want a vaccine for HPV, because that's the good kind of cancer, that makes hussies think twice about going all the way.  Ron Paul — a fucking doctor! — said this vaccine, which prevents thousands of cases of a fatal disease, was "not good medicine".  And Michele Bachmann said it caused mental retardation.  Her source?  The New England Journal of A Lady Who Stopped Me on the Street and Told Me That.  (audience applause)

Yes, Republicans actually think this vaccine encourages girls to have sex, because now there are no consequences.  Just the way when I got my first tetanus shot, I couldn't wait to jab rusty nails into my feet!  (audience laughter)  It was a freebie!

But studies have been done on this, and girls who get the HPV shot become no more sexually active than girls who do not.  It's not like they see the needle getting stuck in and go, "Ooh, that gives me an idea!"  (audience laughter)

They already have the idea.  One in three 16-year-olds in America are having intercourse.  To deny them access to the vaccine or Plan B as a means of preventing them from doing it, is like not giving them an umbrella so it won't rain.  (audience applause)

And Plan B, again, is not an abortion pill.  Quite the opposite.  It's a dose of hormones that prevents ovulation.  You know, ovulation, when a tramp's ovaries release an egg.  (audience laughter)  So there is no egg for the sperm to fertilize.  So "unborn life" doesn't enter into it.  If you have a problem with it, it's because you and your invisible friend just don't like people having sex.

If Republicans were really pro-life, they'd endorse making Plan B free to women everywhere.  Of course, plenty of ministers' daughters are going to be using Plan B too.  And good.  Why should there be shame if on one night, a curious teenager loses herself in a moment of passion and says, "OK, you can stick it in, but just for a minute."  Not knowing that a 16-year-old boy couldn't last a minute if he tried!  (wild audience laughter and applause)
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

Abortion - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abortion   Abortion - Page 7 Empty7/30/2013, 4:35 pm

cheers cheers cheers 
Indiana-Planned Parenthood battle appears over
Quote :
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - Indiana is apparently ending its two-year legal fight to deny Medicaid funds to Planned Parenthood because it performs abortions.

Lawyers for the state and Planned Parenthood of Indiana and Kentucky filed a proposed final judgment in the case Monday in federal court in Indianapolis.

That judgment still needs a judge's approval, but it would permanently enjoin Indiana from enforcing a 2011 state law that denied Medicaid funds to the women's health provider. Planned Parenthood's claim that the law is unconstitutional would also be dismissed.

Indiana Planned Parenthood President Betty Cockrum says she's "been encouraged at every step of the way but two years is a long time."

A message seeking comment was left with a state spokesman.

The U.S. Supreme Court has refused to hear Indiana's appeal in the case.
Once again 10's,if not 100's of thousands of dollars get flushed down the toilet on legal fees by these right-wing lunatics.

Long Live Planned Parenthood!
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

Abortion - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abortion   Abortion - Page 7 Empty11/7/2013, 10:17 pm

Abortion saved my life

Quote :
I almost died in an emergency room because the doctor on call refused to perform a necessary procedure

I’m a mom, and I love my sons more than anything. And it is because I love them that I had an abortion at 20 weeks. It was my fifth pregnancy (I’d had two earlier miscarriages), and, as it turned out, my last. There was trouble from the beginning; I didn’t experience any of the normal indicators of pregnancy, so I was already ten weeks along when I found out. I hadn’t so much as missed a period; in fact, I was seeing an OB/GYN because of the increased heaviness in my cycle. When we found out, I talked it over with my husband and we debated an abortion before deciding we’d try to make it work. My doctor told me that my pregnancy was very high risk and that she wasn’t sure of a good outcome. Per her instructions, I took it very easy because I wanted to give the baby the best possible chance. But I kept having intermittent bleeding and I knew there was a good chance I wouldn’t be able to carry to term.

. . .

My two kids at home almost lost their mother because someone decided that my life was worth less than that of a fetus that was going to die anyway. My husband had told them exactly what my regular doctor said, and the ER doctor had already warned us what would have to happen. Yet none of this mattered when confronted by the idea that no one needs an abortion. You shouldn’t need to know the details of why a woman aborts to trust her to make the best decision for herself. I don’t regret my abortion, but I would also never use my situation to suggest that the only time another woman should have the procedure is when her life is at stake. After my family found out I’d had an abortion, I got a phone call from a cousin who felt the need to tell me I was wrong to have interfered with God’s plan. And in that moment I understood exactly what kind of people judge a woman’s reproductive choices.
How horrible.  They should have let her fucking die. Right?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

Abortion - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abortion   Abortion - Page 7 Empty11/13/2013, 9:56 pm

It's about freakin time!
Democrats Fight Back Against GOP Misogynists: Historic Pro-Choice Bill to Be Introduced in Congress
Here’s some great news: Democrats in the House and Senate are finally starting to fight back against the hideous barrage of anti-choice laws sponsored by fanatical religious right Republicans: Historic Pro-Choice Bill to Be Introduced in Congress.

Quote :
Following an unprecedented three-year wave of state legislative attacks on abortion and family planning services, a group of Democratic lawmakers in the House and Senate plan to go on the offensive Wednesday with a historic bill that would make it illegal for states to chip away at women’s reproductive rights.

Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.) will introduce the Women’s Health Protection Act of 2013, joined by Sens. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) and Tammy Baldwin (D-Wis.) and Reps. Marcia Fudge (D-Ohio), Judy Chu (D-Calif.) and Lois Frankel (D-Fla.). The bill would prohibit states from passing so-called Targeted Regulation of Abortion Providers (TRAP) laws, which impose strict and cost-prohibitive building standards on abortion clinics, require women seeking abortions to have ultrasounds, and create other barriers to abortion access.

[…]

“In states like Texas and Wisconsin, legislatures are passing bills with the false pretext of protecting health when their only objective is to obstruct and curtail access to safe and legal abortions and reproductive services. These laws are largely unconstitutional, and some measure of certainty and clarity is required to preempt these regulations and laws so women are not deterred in their very personal decisions based on their own values on how they want to use their constitutional rights,” Blumenthal said. “The Women’s Health Protection Act will provide a clear and certain response to these regulations and laws that impose unnecessary tests, procedures and restrictions — including requirements for physical layout in clinics — on reproductive services.”
Ok wingnuts....Time to get back to work alienating women Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
happy jack

Abortion - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abortion   Abortion - Page 7 Empty1/15/2014, 6:58 pm

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/368575/america-charles-c-w-cooke

JANUARY 15, 2014 6:00 PM

Is This America?

The Supreme Court considers a Massachusetts law against speech outside abortion clinics.

By Charles C. W. Cooke

This morning, in America’s frigid and fractious capital city, a soft-spoken 77-year-old grandmother named Eleanor McCullen stood up to the machine.
At stake was a Massachusetts law that makes it illegal for any citizen to “enter or remain on a public way or sidewalk” within 35 feet of the entrance or exit to an abortion clinic — unless, that is, that citizen either works in the clinic or is in agreement with what goes on inside. This has severely restricted the ability of McCullen, a regular fixture outside the Planned Parenthoods of Boston, to hand out anti-abortion literature and to offer would-be patients financial support — both of which she has been doing pro bono for decades. The state law, she contends, is flatly illegal, violating her sacred right to free speech, depriving her of equal protection under the law, and effectively establishing speech codes on public land.
Apologists for the measure claim rather anemically that the law is necessary to prevent “harassment,” and they promise that it strikes a reasonable “balance” between respect for free expression and the need to protect visitors from being hassled. McCullen and her lawyers disagree, holding that because the law’s applicability is contingent not on one’s behavior but on one’s speech per se, it is unconstitutional. They are right.

………

Legally problematic, too, is that the law effectively puts citizens into two camps, banishing anyone with pro-life views while welcoming everybody else. Under the rules, anti-abortion activists are strictly prohibited from even entering the buffer zone — which is represented by a crude semicircle painted onto the sidewalk — while employees of the clinic are free to roam as they please. Likewise, while protesters are restricted from so much as referring to abortion beyond the state-imposed line, staff and others are entirely free to discuss the issue as they wish. In other words, the law is “content-based,” and its consequence is to have blocked certain citizens from a public space purely on the basis of their private convictions. Justice Alito, who is no friend to maximalist readings of the First Amendment, wondered aloud how this could possibly be kosher. Per MSNBC, Alito proposed a hypothetical:

A woman entering a clinic is approached by two other women. One says, “Good morning, this is a safe facility,” the other says, “Good morning, this is not a safe facility.” Alito said, “The only difference is that one is committing a crime. How can a statute like that be considered viewpoint neutral?”
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

Abortion - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abortion   Abortion - Page 7 Empty1/22/2014, 10:27 pm

Quote :
Is This America?

The Supreme Court considers a Massachusetts law against speech outside abortion clinics.

Exactly... Fred Phelps should be allowed to personally attend every dead soldiers funeral. Making him stand an extra 40 ft back so as to be out of earshot when yelling his obscenities at the grieving families would instantly end America as we know it.

For Freedom and Jesus.

Attorneys: Brain-dead woman's fetus 'abnormal'

Quote :
The pregnant, brain-dead Texas woman being kept on life support over her family's protests is carrying a fetus that is "distinctly abnormal," attorneys for the woman's husband said Wednesday.

Marlise Munoz remains hooked up to machines in a Fort Worth hospital, while her husband and the hospital are locked in a court battle about whether to retain life support.

The case has raised questions about end-of-life care and whether a pregnant woman who is considered legally and medically dead should be kept on life support for the sake of a fetus. The case has gotten the attention of groups on either side of the abortion debate, as anti-abortion groups argue Munoz's fetus deserves a chance to be born.

Erick Munoz said his wife, a fellow paramedic, was clear with him before he found her unconscious on Nov. 26: If she ever fell into this kind of condition, pull life support. But John Peter Smith Hospital says it's bound by state law that prohibits the withdrawal of treatment from a pregnant patient, although several experts interviewed by The Associated Press have said the hospital is misapplying the law.

Munoz's attorneys, Heather King and Jessica Hall Janicek, issued a statement Wednesday describing the condition of the fetus, now believed to be at about 22 weeks' gestation. King and Janicek based their statement on medical records they received from the hospital.

"According to the medical records we have been provided, the fetus is distinctly abnormal," the attorneys said. "Even at this early stage, the lower extremities are deformed to the extent that the gender cannot be determined."

The attorneys said the fetus also has fluid building up inside the skull and possibly has a heart problem.

Forced by Big Government to front the medical bills for a brain dead woman, against her wishes, all to "protect" a fetus that was deprived of just as much oxygen as the mother.

Yay America!
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

Abortion - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abortion   Abortion - Page 7 Empty1/23/2014, 8:17 am

CNN anti-choice guest Lila Rose: ‘An abortion doesn’t un-rape a woman’

Quote :
“When a woman is raped, that’s a horrible injustice against her,” Live Action president Lila Rose told co-host Sally Kohn. “The rapist should be held to the fullest extent of the law, liable for that, culpable for that. The woman needs healing and the support of her community. But an abortion doesn’t unrape a woman. An abortion just adds more violence on top of that first she endured.”

Again, the GOP disconnect from reality - the assumption that all pregnancies exist without complications and without any serious medical costs. No premies, no death, no health defects or diseases, and certainly nothing that needs expensive lifelong care.

Seriously, they're arguing for forced fucking pregnancy, and doing it with a straight face. Just like in the contraception debate, a woman's life is worth less than a potential life. Fuck the GOP.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

Abortion - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abortion   Abortion - Page 7 Empty1/23/2014, 9:07 am

All I want for Christmas is an abortion

Quote :
And when we talk about abortion, we talk about the hand wringing. The indecisiveness. The longing to keep the baby. The understanding that the woman already knows a part of her will always regret her decision. There’s pacing around the house. There’s sleepless nights trying to make a decision. There’s waffling. And there’s tons of crying. So much crying. When we talk about abortion, we imagine every woman feeling nothing but profound sadness over the decision she is trying to make. Choosing between herself and her child.

But fuck that narrative. It’s bullshit. It robs women of their right to be viewed as fully actualized human beings. We are not people who are a lot like men but with a psychological and biological mandate to become mothers one day, struggling to figure out if that day is today, worried that if we don’t seize this opportunity, right here and right now, we will never become what we were always meant to be: moms. We are people. Just like men are people. And just like men, some of us want to be parents. Some of us do not.

And we need to stop talking about pregnancy like it’s some kind of fucking alternative to ecstasy. Women who are carrying pregnancies they planned don’t always bond with their babies-to-be. To paint the picture of the unwanted, unplanned pregnancy as one that causes grief because of instant maternal instinct that begins around two minutes after pissing on a stick is harmful to women. It’s harmful to families. It teaches us that mothers like me are less than. We don’t love enough. We’re broken. It’s hard enough to try to nurture and support a person who moved into your abdomen and that you don’t necessarily like. It’s harder when you think not loving them makes you a sociopath.

I was fortunate. I didn’t need to have an abortion because the pregnancy terminated itself. But I can’t tell you how ready I was to have one. I have the family that I want. I have the family that I planned. I have the family that I’ve budgeted for. I have as much family as I can emotionally handle, all with special needs. I hate pregnancy. I hate newborn-hood. I do not want another baby.

Being pregnant and being a parent has only solidified my stance as being not pro-choice but pro-abortion. No one should have to take on the immense sacrifice and responsibility of pregnancy if they are not ready. No one should be pressured into it, and no one should be forced into it. And you know what? Taking responsibility for your actions means doing the responsible thing. It doesn’t mean being forced into having a child as some kind of slut punishment. If having a baby right now is an irresponsible decision, then the only responsible move is to not have that baby.

The whole thing is worth reading.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

Abortion - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abortion   Abortion - Page 7 Empty1/23/2014, 12:36 pm

Heretic wrote:

Again, the GOP disconnect from reality - the assumption that all pregnancies exist without complications and without any serious medical costs.  No premies, no death, no health defects or diseases, and certainly nothing that needs expensive lifelong care.  

Seriously, they're arguing for forced fucking pregnancy, and doing it with a straight face.  Just like in the contraception debate, a woman's life is worth less than a potential life.  Fuck the GOP.
You'd think these idiots would learn from their past mistakes. It may be a popular issue in gerrymandered wingnut districts but it never plays well nationally.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

Abortion - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abortion   Abortion - Page 7 Empty1/25/2014, 11:33 am

Update: Judge orders JPS Hospital to withdraw life support for brain-dead pregnant woman

Quote :
District Judge R.H. Wallace listened to an hour of arguments Friday afternoon, and both sides agree that Marlise Muñoz’s fetus is not viable and she is dead.

. . .

Both sides also agree that the fetus is not viable, and the judge noted that the mother could elect to have an abortion if she were able to make such a decision.

“As I understand the ruling of the U.S. Supreme Court that if this fetus were not viable [and] Ms. Muñoz were alive … she could abort the child.”

For now anyway, at least until the GOP gets its way. This is 'merica, and a woman should be forced to give birth to a dead or dying baby.

Quote :
I have had to endure the pain of watching my wife’s dead body be treated as if she were still alive. As a married man, I became very familiar with the way Marlise’s body felt, the way her hair smelled, and the way her eyes appeared when we looked at each other among other things. Over these past two months, nothing about my wife indicates she is alive. When I bend down to kiss her forehead, her usual scent is gone, replaced instead with what I can only describe as the smell of death.

Pro-life.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

Abortion - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abortion   Abortion - Page 7 Empty1/27/2014, 3:59 pm

Senate to analyze ban on surrogate pregnancies

Quote :
Intersection of medicine, politics and religion will be displayed Monday when the Senate health committee begins up to two days of hearings on a bill criminalizing surrogate parenting contracts in Kansas.

Sen. Mary Pilcher-Cook, chairwoman of the Senate Public Health and Welfare Committee, introduced the widely anticipated bill following 2013 hearings on the subject and adoption of a state law hailed by anti-abortion lawmakers declaring "life begins at fertilization."

Under Senate Bill 302, which Pilcher-Cook declined to discuss in an interview, any person or entity involved in the formation of surrogate parenting contracts in Kansas would be guilty of a misdemeanor crime and would be subject to a fine of $10,000 and a sentence of one year in jail. The prohibition is applicable to in-vitro fertilization and artificial insemination procedures.

Criminalizing IVF.  You know, for the children...

I wonder, will employers have to cover health plans of employees born via IVF?  Lest they condone "the lifestyle" against their beliefs...
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

Abortion - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abortion   Abortion - Page 7 Empty1/30/2014, 2:54 pm

Brain-Dead Texas Woman’s Family May Have To Pay For The Cost Of Keeping Her On Life Support

Quote :
in the aftermath of the family’s personal tragedy, there are still some unanswered questions. It’s not guaranteed that Texas will actually change the arcane state law that allows hospitals to override women’s end-of-life wishes if they are pregnant. And it’s unclear who exactly will be responsible for paying the medical bills that resulted from Muñoz’s hospital stay, which stretched on for about nine weeks.

In an interview with CNN’s Anderson Cooper, Erick Muñoz acknowledged that he has been receiving medical bills at his home — although he’s not sure exactly what he will be expected to pay.

“They have not come to me and said how that’s going to work,” he told CNN. “But I believe I’ve heard several media outlets…saying that they’ve asked about that. They have asked that question. They said they would continue normal billing.”

The GOP's version of small government. GOP 2016!
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

Abortion - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abortion   Abortion - Page 7 Empty2/25/2014, 9:55 pm

Virginia state senator explains 'host' status of pregnant women
Quote :
Why do they find these people.

A pregnant woman is just a "host" that should not have the right to end her pregnancy, Virginia State Sen. Steve Martin (R) wrote in a Facebook rant defending his anti-abortion views. [...]

Quote :
"I don't expect to be in the room or will I do anything to prevent you from obtaining a contraceptive," Martin wrote. "However, once a child does exist in your womb, I'm not going to assume a right to kill it just because the child's host (some refer to them as mothers) doesn't want it."

Martin is a personhood advocate, meaning the "host" loses her personhood the minute the sperm and the egg hook up. Sucks to be you, host.

If you're in Virginia, Martin is one of the people in charge of your laws, which is (directly) why Virginia dreams up things like mandatory ultrasound laws and (indirectly) a partial explanation for why Ken Cuccinelli was not seen, among Virginia Republicans, as hopelessly nuts. We got rid of one Cuccinelli, but they've got spares. They practically clone the bastards.
If the woman is just the "host",then the fetus must be the parasite and the "host" should be allowed to kill it at any time.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

Abortion - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abortion   Abortion - Page 7 Empty3/24/2014, 8:18 pm

Why the outrage? It's the hospital's 'choice' to do this, and one 'choice' is no different than another, is it?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/10717566/Aborted-babies-incinerated-to-heat-UK-hospitals.html

Aborted babies incinerated to heat UK hospitals

The remains of more than 15,000 babies were incinerated as 'clinical waste' by hospitals in Britain with some used in 'waste to energy' plants

By Sarah Knapton, Science Correspondent
7:00AM GMT 24 Mar 2014

The bodies of thousands of aborted and miscarried babies were incinerated as clinical waste, with some even used to heat hospitals, an investigation has found.
Ten NHS trusts have admitted burning foetal remains alongside other rubbish while two others used the bodies in ‘waste-to-energy’ plants which generate power for heat.
Last night the Department of Health issued an instant ban on the practice which health minister Dr Dan Poulter branded ‘totally unacceptable.’
At least 15,500 foetal remains were incinerated by 27 NHS trusts over the last two years alone, Channel 4’s Dispatches discovered.
The programme, which will air tonight, found that parents who lose children in early pregnancy were often treated without compassion and were not consulted about what they wanted to happen to the remains.
One of the country’s leading hospitals, Addenbrooke’s in Cambridge, incinerated 797 babies below 13 weeks gestation at their own ‘waste to energy’ plant. The mothers were told the remains had been ‘cremated.’
Another ‘waste to energy’ facility at Ipswich Hospital, operated by a private contractor, incinerated 1,101 foetal remains between 2011 and 2013.
They were brought in from another hospital before being burned, generating energy for the hospital site. Ipswich Hospital itself disposes of remains by cremation.
“This practice is totally unacceptable,” said Dr Poulter.
“While the vast majority of hospitals are acting in the appropriate way, that must be the case for all hospitals and the Human Tissue Authority has now been asked to ensure that it acts on this issue without delay.”
Sir Bruce Keogh, NHS Medical Director, has written to all NHS trusts to tell them the practice must stop.
The Chief Medical Officer, Dame Sally Davies, has also written to the Human Tissue Authority to ask them make sure that guidance is clear.
And the Care Quality Commission said it would investigate the programme's findings.
Prof Sir Mike Richards, Chief Inspector of Hospitals, said: “I am disappointed trusts may not be informing or consulting women and their families.
“This breaches our standard on respecting and involving people who use services and I’m keen for Dispatches to share their evidence with us.
“We scrutinise information of concern and can inspect unannounced, if required.”
A total of one in seven pregnancies ends in a miscarriage, while NHS figures show there are around 4,000 stillbirths each year in the UK, or 11 each day.
Ipswich Hospital Trust said it was concerned to discover that foetal remains from another hospital had been incinerated on its site.
A spokeswoman said: “The Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust does not incinerate foetal remains.”
She added that the trust “takes great care over foetal remains”
A spokesman for the Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust said that trained health professionals discuss the options with parents ‘both verbally and in writing.’
"The parents are given exactly the same choice on the disposal of foetal remains as for a stillborn child and their personal wishes are respected,” they added.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

Abortion - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abortion   Abortion - Page 7 Empty7/9/2014, 2:24 pm

http://www.notalone.us/

Courageous Women wrote:
We are here to let women who have had abortions know that they are part of a community. We are not ashamed of our experiences; we are not anonymous; and we are not alone.

Our nation’s silence around abortion has allowed dangerous myths to dominate the debate. By sharing our own experiences through videos, putting our faces alongside our stories, we can change the conversation around abortion and fight back against increasing attacks on women’s rights.

Not Alone was founded by Sherry Matusoff Merfish and daughters Beth and Brett Matusoff Merfish in the summer of 2013, after the overwhelming response to Beth’s New York Times op-ed about her mother’s abortion. From the moment the essay was posted online, women from all over the country began writing to Beth and her mom Sherry with their own stories. Their previous silence made it clear that an experience shared by millions of American women is still too often surrounded by secrecy and shame.

Emily Letts joined the Not Alone team in the spring of 2014.  Emily was an abortion patient advocate at a clinic in New Jersey when she learned of her own unintended pregnancy.  The short internet video documenting her subsequent abortion experience went viral and became the subject of international headlines.  Emily, too, began to hear from women from all over the world, eager to share their stories.

We have come together because we know that telling the stories of our lives and our choices has a positive impact.  Women we all know and love have exercised their right to choose. By providing a space for us to speak openly about our experiences, the Not Alone community makes it clear that abortion is neither shameful nor uncommon.

We ask you to join us: Not Afraid, Not Ashamed, Not Alone.
 cheers cheers cheers 
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

Abortion - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abortion   Abortion - Page 7 Empty3/8/2015, 12:04 pm

Abortion - Page 7 TMW2012-02-29colorKOS
Back to top Go down
happy jack

Abortion - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abortion   Abortion - Page 7 Empty7/15/2015, 1:27 pm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/undercover-video-shows-planned-parenthood-exec-discussing-organ-harvesting/2015/07/14/ae330e34-2a4d-11e5-bd33-395c05608059_story.html

Undercover video shows Planned Parenthood official discussing fetal organs used for research

By Sandhya Somashekhar and Danielle Paquette July 14 at 9:52 PM

………

“At several of our health centers, we help patients who want to donate tissue for scientific research, and we do this just like every other high-quality health-care provider does — with full, appropriate consent from patients and under the highest ethical and legal standards,” spokesman Eric Ferrero said.

………

“.... with full, appropriate consent from patients ....”?
It seems to me that the “patients” in question are far beyond being able to “consent” to the donation of their tissue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Abortion - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abortion   Abortion - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Abortion
Page 7 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next