Let Freedom Reign!


 
HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Abortion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9360

PostSubject: Abortion   4/17/2012, 3:20 pm

A dedicated thread for anyone wishing to discuss it.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9360

PostSubject: Re: Abortion   4/30/2012, 9:18 am

cheers cheers cheers
Thousands Rally At ‘We Are Women’ Protests Across The Country: ‘Enough Of The War On Women’
Quote :
Women across the country participated in “We Are Women” rallies on Saturday to protest state legislation limiting access to contraception and abortion. Hundreds of advocates gathered in Kansas, Colorado, Virginia, Florida, Arkansas, Idaho, and Oklahoma to demand that lawmakers abandon efforts to undermine women’s health.

“Today’s rally was part of a national movement that has had enough of the war on women,” Kansas rally organizer Kari Ann Rinker said. “Not only do we have a governor who sees fit to sign every piece of anti-choice legislation that crosses his desk, the atrocity is the failure to care for the living, breathing children and families that reside here in Kansas.” Protesters in Virginia carried signs that read “Stop the War on Virginia Women,” “Women’s Rights are Human Rights” and “Va. Gov. McDonnell. The Vaginal Probe Guy.” And demonstrators in Oklahoma — where lawmakers have approved more than 30 anti-abortion measures since the GOP gained control of the House after 2004 — rallied against the state’s personhood measure, noting, “That’s not progress. That’s not even status quo backward.”

The Guttmacher Institute estimates that so far this year, at least 45 state legislatures have introduced 944 measures related to reproductive health. At least 75 abortion restrictions passed at least one legislative chamber, and nine have been enacted into law.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9360

PostSubject: Re: Abortion   4/30/2012, 3:22 pm

Oklahoma Supreme Court: Personhood Is ‘Clearly Unconstitutional’
Quote :
The Oklahoma Supreme Court has just struck down a proposed personhood ballot question — which would have granted embryos the rights of people and outlawed all abortions — calling the measure, “clearly unconstitutional”:

4. The United States Supreme Court has spoken on this issue. The measure is clearly unconstitutional pursuant to Planned Parenthood v. Casey, 505 U.S. 833 (1992). The states are duty bound to follow its interpretation of the law. Twenty years ago, this Court was presented with an initiative which facially conflicted with the Casey decision. This Court held: “The issue of the constitutionality of the initiative petition is governed by the United States Supreme Court’s pronouncement in Casey.”

5. The only course available to this Court is to follow what the United States Supreme Court, the final arbiter of the United States Constitution has decreed. In re Initiative Petition 349, 1992 OK 122, ¶ 8, 838 P.2d 1, 5.

6. The mandate of Casey is as binding on this Court today as it was twenty years ago. Initiative Petition No. 395 conflicts with Casey and is void on its face and it is hereby ordered stricken.

In Casey, the Supreme Court held that states may enact some abortion regulations, but they may not “strike at the right itself” to terminate a pregnancy. A law redefining embryos as people is thus a direct attack on women’s constitutional right to choose.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9360

PostSubject: Re: Abortion   6/26/2012, 4:45 pm

More insanity from the sicko right-to-life crowd....
Updates Kansas Board of Health Revokes License Of Doctor For Not Forcing 10 Year Olds To Give Birth
Quote :
In a continuing effort to both curb access to abortion and reiterate their own opinion that there is never any situation where abortion could be necessary for a patient's well-being, the Kansas State Board of Healing Arts has decided in favor of revoking Dr. Ann Neuhaus's medical license. Neuhaus, a colleague of Dr. George Tiller, assisted him by providing second opinions for mental health exceptions for late abortions.

According to the Associated Press, Neuhaus was hoping to have her full medical license restored after spending years only allowed to provide limited medical care for charity work. Instead, an ongoing investigation into 11 patient cases obtained by Operation Rescue became the center of a movement to have her license stripped all together.

The cases all involved girls who sought abortions due to mental health issues from depression to suicide, with an age range from 17 years old to as young as 10. The board alleged that Neuhaus's exams were not thorough enough based on the available records provided, and that her follow up care was inadequate, as she did not recommend counseling or hospitalization afterwards.

Neuhaus called the accusations ridiculous. She said she refused to put too much identifying information in the records because she knew that they could eventually end up in the hands of outsiders and violate the patients' privacy. As for abortions not being necessary, Neuhaus found that laughable as well.

Quote :
"To even claim that isn't medically necessary qualifies as gross incompetence," said Neuhaus. "Someone's 10 years old, and they were raped by their uncle and they understand that they've got a baby growing in their stomach and they don't want that. You're going to send this girl for a brain scan and some blood work and put her in a hospital?"
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9360

PostSubject: Re: Abortion   7/2/2012, 11:45 am

Guess who profited from Abortions? Laughing
Romney Invested in Medical-Waste Firm That Disposed of Aborted Fetuses, Government Documents Show
Quote :
Romney Invested in Medical-Waste Firm That Disposed of Aborted Fetuses, Government Documents Show
And these documents challenge Romney's claim that he left Bain Capital in early 1999.
The documents—one of which was signed by Romney—also call into question the account of Romney's exit from Bain that the company and the Romney campaign have provided.

But documents filed by Bain and Stericycle with the Securities and Exchange Commission—and obtained by Mother Jones—list Romney as an active participant in the investment. And this deal helped Stericycle, a company with a poor safety record, grow, while yielding tens of millions of dollars in profits for Romney and his partners. The documents—one of which was signed by Romney—also contradict the official account of Romney's exit from Bain.

The document also states that Romney may be deemed to share voting and dispositive power with respect to 2,116,588 shares of common stock in Stericycle in his capacity as sole shareholder of the Bain entities that invested in the company.

Another SEC document http://www.motherjones.com/documents/392936-stericycle-s4-1999 filed November 30, 1999, by Stericycle also names Romney as an individual who holds "voting and dispositive power" with respect to the stock owned by Bain. If Romney had fully retired from the private equity firm he founded, why would he be the only Bain executive named as the person in control of this large amount of Stericycle stock?

Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9360

PostSubject: Re: Abortion   7/2/2012, 1:03 pm

Looks like the Anti-Choice crowd is pretty familiar with Stericycle and none too happy with them.
Stericycle Cleans Up After Planned Parenthood Kills Precious Children
Quote :
Stericycle is a medical waste disposal company operating internationally with a presence in eleven countries. In Colorado, Stericycle leases its trucks from Idealease that is partnered with Mc Candless Truck Center in Aurora CO. Planned Parenthood contracts Stericycle to pick up the remains of the children that are aborted at their abortion facility in Denver. The motto emblazoned on their trucks is “Protecting People, Reducing Risk”. It’s an ironic idiom considering the precious children that they cavalierly cart away to be disposed of as hazardous waste.

Mike Marcavge, of Repent America, heads up the national campaign to expose Stericycle and has made quite a stir within the companies that lease to Stericycle. In the past two years both Ryder and Penske truck rental companies have dissolved their contracts with the abortion mogul due to public pressure from Marcavge’s efforts .
Also http://www.stopstericycle.com/2012/01/17/aim-nationalease-blasted-for-allowing-trucks-to-be-used-to-collect-aborted-babies/

Hey Happy Jack,Mitt still your guy Question
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5952

PostSubject: Re: Abortion   7/2/2012, 6:46 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Looks like the Anti-Choice crowd is pretty familiar with Stericycle and none too happy with them.
Stericycle Cleans Up After Planned Parenthood Kills Precious Children
Quote :
Stericycle is a medical waste disposal company operating internationally with a presence in eleven countries. In Colorado, Stericycle leases its trucks from Idealease that is partnered with Mc Candless Truck Center in Aurora CO. Planned Parenthood contracts Stericycle to pick up the remains of the children that are aborted at their abortion facility in Denver. The motto emblazoned on their trucks is “Protecting People, Reducing Risk”. It’s an ironic idiom considering the precious children that they cavalierly cart away to be disposed of as hazardous waste.

Mike Marcavge, of Repent America, heads up the national campaign to expose Stericycle and has made quite a stir within the companies that lease to Stericycle. In the past two years both Ryder and Penske truck rental companies have dissolved their contracts with the abortion mogul due to public pressure from Marcavge’s efforts .
Also http://www.stopstericycle.com/2012/01/17/aim-nationalease-blasted-for-allowing-trucks-to-be-used-to-collect-aborted-babies/

Hey Happy Jack,Mitt still your guy Question
Yes.
Why wouldn't he be?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9360

PostSubject: Re: Abortion   7/2/2012, 8:00 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Hey Happy Jack,Mitt still your guy Question
[b]Yes.
Why wouldn't he be?
Oh,I don't know....maybe because he profited off abortions?
Back to top Go down
Heretic

avatar

Posts : 3092

PostSubject: Re: Abortion   7/2/2012, 8:03 pm

It's the magic underpants.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5952

PostSubject: Re: Abortion   7/2/2012, 10:31 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Hey Happy Jack,Mitt still your guy Question
[b]Yes.
Why wouldn't he be?
Oh,I don't know....maybe because he profited off abortions?


The way I see it, I can vote for a guy who, through some six degrees of separation, profited from abortion.
Or, I can vote for a guy whose philosophy demands that the victims of botched abortions should die a slow death in a stainless steel bucket.
Kind of an easy choice, really.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5952

PostSubject: Re: Abortion   7/2/2012, 11:18 pm

Heretic wrote:
It's the magic underpants.
Don’t be mocking magic underpants.
A girl I dated in high school had a pair. One minute they were there, but 3 beers and a joint later – poof!
Gone.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9360

PostSubject: Re: Abortion   7/3/2012, 7:01 am

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Hey Happy Jack,Mitt still your guy Question
[b]Yes.
Why wouldn't he be?
Oh,I don't know....maybe because he profited off abortions?


The way I see it, I can vote for a guy who, through some six degrees of separation, profited from abortion.
There's no "six degrees of separation". He invested in a company that disposes of dead fetuses. Even I think that's creepy,and I'm 100% behind Pro-Choice. Watching you righties having to twist your beliefs into a pretzel in order to support Mittens is quite amusing to say the least.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5952

PostSubject: Re: Abortion   7/3/2012, 5:12 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Hey Happy Jack,Mitt still your guy Question
[b]Yes.
Why wouldn't he be?
Oh,I don't know....maybe because he profited off abortions?


The way I see it, I can vote for a guy who, through some six degrees of separation, profited from abortion.
There's no "six degrees of separation". He invested in a company that disposes of dead fetuses. Even I think that's creepy,and I'm 100% behind Pro-Choice. Watching you righties having to twist your beliefs into a pretzel in order to support Mittens is quite amusing to say the least.

As long as there are those who advocate for and encourage abortion, there will be dead babies whose bodies will need to be disposed of; it’s just a practical reality.
What would you prefer? That the babies sit and rot in a bucket?
Oh, wait …. that’s Barry’s preference.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9360

PostSubject: Re: Abortion   7/3/2012, 5:33 pm

happy jack wrote:


As long as there are those who advocate for and encourage abortion, there will be dead babies whose bodies will need to be disposed of; it’s just a practical reality.
What would you prefer? That the babies sit and rot in a bucket?
Rombot talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk. Sorry,but IMO,someone who is a sincere pro-lifer wouldn't be investing in a company that provides dead fetus removal for Planned parenthood.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5952

PostSubject: Re: Abortion   7/4/2012, 2:32 am

Artie60438 wrote:
He invested in a company that disposes of dead fetuses. Even I think that's creepy,and I'm 100% behind Pro-Choice.

Why would you find that to be “creepy”?
If you are, as you claim, "100% behind Pro-Choice", why do you feel that there is something wrong about the resulting product of abortion and its aftermath?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9360

PostSubject: Re: Abortion   7/4/2012, 5:58 am

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
He invested in a company that disposes of dead fetuses. Even I think that's creepy,and I'm 100% behind Pro-Choice.

[b]Why would you find that to be “creepy”?
If you are, as you claim, "100% behind Pro-Choice", why do you feel that there is something wrong about the resulting product of abortion and its aftermath?
Because he's supposedly a pro-lifer. Investing in a company that offers services that go directly against what you're allegedly passionate about is creepy,to say the least.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5952

PostSubject: Re: Abortion   7/4/2012, 2:21 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Investing in a company that offers services that go directly against what you're allegedly passionate about is creepy,to say the least.
When has he ever spoken out passionately against medical waste services?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9360

PostSubject: Re: Abortion   7/4/2012, 4:06 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
Investing in a company that offers services that go directly against what you're allegedly passionate about is creepy,to say the least.
[b]When has he ever spoken out passionately against medical waste services?
Please don't try to get cute and attempt to confuse the issue.
After flip-flopping from being Pro-Choice he has spoken out passionately against abortion many.many times. Stericycle is an ancillary abortion service provider, Case closed!
Think of Mittens as someone who's claims to be against Capital punishment while at the same time invests in a company supplying the chemicals used in lethal injections to prisons. You see where people might think it's the height of hypocrisy and beyond sleazy?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5952

PostSubject: Re: Abortion   7/4/2012, 10:44 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
Investing in a company that offers services that go directly against what you're allegedly passionate about is creepy,to say the least.
[b]When has he ever spoken out passionately against medical waste services?
Please don't try to get cute and attempt to confuse the issue.
After flip-flopping from being Pro-Choice he has spoken out passionately against abortion many.many times. Stericycle is an ancillary abortion service provider, Case closed!
Think of Mittens as someone who's claims to be against Capital punishment while at the same time invests in a company supplying the chemicals used in lethal injections to prisons. You see where people might think it's the height of hypocrisy and beyond sleazy?
Does Stericycle provide or take part in the medical procedure(s) used to perform abortions?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9360

PostSubject: Re: Abortion   7/5/2012, 7:36 am

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Please don't try to get cute and attempt to confuse the issue.
After flip-flopping from being Pro-Choice he has spoken out passionately against abortion many.many times. Stericycle is an ancillary abortion service provider, Case closed!
Think of Mittens as someone who's claims to be against Capital punishment while at the same time invests in a company supplying the chemicals used in lethal injections to prisons. You see where people might think it's the height of hypocrisy and beyond sleazy?
Does Stericycle provide or take part in the medical procedure(s) used to perform abortions?
No,but that's not the issue. Stericycle is an ancillary abortion service provider.
Quote :
Adjective:
Providing necessary support to the primary activities or operation of an organization, institution, industry, or system.
Now give your Etch-A-Sketch a good shake and try again.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5952

PostSubject: Re: Abortion   7/5/2012, 3:35 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Please don't try to get cute and attempt to confuse the issue.
After flip-flopping from being Pro-Choice he has spoken out passionately against abortion many.many times. Stericycle is an ancillary abortion service provider, Case closed!
Think of Mittens as someone who's claims to be against Capital punishment while at the same time invests in a company supplying the chemicals used in lethal injections to prisons. You see where people might think it's the height of hypocrisy and beyond sleazy?
Does Stericycle provide or take part in the medical procedure(s) used to perform abortions?
No,but that's not the issue. Stericycle is an ancillary abortion service provider.
Quote :
Adjective:
Providing necessary support to the primary activities or operation of an organization, institution, industry, or system.
Now give your Etch-A-Sketch a good shake and try again.
Ancillary!
Artie learned a new big word.
Good for Artie.
Stericycle does not provide abortions, nor does it cause abortions to take place.
What is your point?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9360

PostSubject: Re: Abortion   7/5/2012, 6:46 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

Does Stericycle provide or take part in the medical procedure(s) used to perform abortions?
No,but that's not the issue. Stericycle is an ancillary abortion service provider.
Quote :
Adjective:
Providing necessary support to the primary activities or operation of an organization, institution, industry, or system.
Now give your Etch-A-Sketch a good shake and try again.
[b]Ancillary!
Artie learned a new big word.
Good for Artie.
Etch-A-Sketch on the fritz? Razz You lost another argument. get over it.
Quote :
Stericycle does not provide abortions, nor does it cause abortions to take place.
What is your point?
Provides necessary support to the primary activities or operation of an organization, institution, industry, or system,that being facilities that need to dispose of aborted fetuses.
Sleep
Scorpion wrote:
To me. it just seems that Jack is more interested in arguing meaningless semantic points with Artie than actually engaging in a detailed discussion of the issues.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5952

PostSubject: Re: Abortion   7/5/2012, 6:55 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

Does Stericycle provide or take part in the medical procedure(s) used to perform abortions?
No,but that's not the issue. Stericycle is an ancillary abortion service provider.
Quote :
Adjective:
Providing necessary support to the primary activities or operation of an organization, institution, industry, or system.
Now give your Etch-A-Sketch a good shake and try again.
[b]Ancillary!
Artie learned a new big word.
Good for Artie.
Etch-A-Sketch on the fritz? Razz You lost another argument. get over it.
Quote :
Stericycle does not provide abortions, nor does it cause abortions to take place.
What is your point?
Provides necessary support to the primary activities or operation of an organization, institution, industry, or system,that being facilities that need to dispose of aborted fetuses.
Sleep
Scorpion wrote:
To me. it just seems that Jack is more interested in arguing meaningless semantic points with Artie than actually engaging in a detailed discussion of the issues.



You are the one arguing semantics, not I. I am merely stating a fact: Stericycle does not provide abortions, nor does it cause abortions to take place, and though you may proudly repeat your new favorite word - ancillary - over and over again, doing so does not change that fact.


Also, you'd better go back to analogy school, because this one ....


Artie60438 wrote:

Think of Mittens as someone who's claims to be against Capital punishment while at the same time invests in a company supplying the chemicals used in lethal injections to prisons.

.... makes no sense whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9360

PostSubject: Re: Abortion   7/5/2012, 8:45 pm

happy jack wrote:

Scorpion wrote:
To me. it just seems that Jack is more interested in arguing meaningless semantic points with Artie than actually engaging in a detailed discussion of the issues.

You are the one arguing semantics, not I. I am merely stating a fact: Stericycle does not provide abortions, nor does it cause abortions to take place,
I never said they did. This is just the same old tired tactic of yours that never works. You introduce a fact that has nothing to do with the actual argument or accusation. That's why I end up pushing the sleep button on you.
Quote :
and though you may proudly repeat your new favorite word - ancillary - over and over again, doing so does not change that fact.
That word really has you all lathered up,doesn't it? Laughing Perfect fit if i do say so myself. Laughing
Stericycle is an ancillary abortion service provider.
Adjective:
Providing necessary support to the primary activity

Therefore Mitt Romney profits from a company that provides ancillary abortion services.

Quote :
Also, you'd better go back to analogy school, because this one ....

Artie60438 wrote:

Think of Mittens as someone who's claims to be against Capital punishment while at the same time invests in a company supplying the chemicals used in lethal injections to prisons.


.... makes no sense whatsoever.
Really genius? Then why does the pro-life crowd have a site http://www.stopstericycle.com/ ? Please explain to all of us what they're mad at?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5952

PostSubject: Re: Abortion   7/6/2012, 11:14 am

Artie60438 wrote:
Really genius? Then why does the pro-life crowd have a site http://www.stopstericycle.com/ ? Please explain to all of us what they're mad at?

I don't know. I don't speak for them, and they don't speak for me.
And no matter how many times you repost your analogy, it still makes no sense.

One more time:
Stericycle does not provide abortions, nor does it cause abortions to take place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Abortion   

Back to top Go down
 
Abortion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 13Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Nation/Other :: Nation/World-
Jump to: