Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Trayvon Martin Death Investigation

Go down 
+5
chuckmo48
Scorpion
edge540
KarenT
sparks
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 22 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
Heretic

Heretic

Trayvon Martin Death Investigation - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation - Page 7 Empty4/11/2012, 10:28 pm

happy jack wrote:
Of course you're allowed to have an opinion.
But so am I.

Yes, but we don't whine about you being a "know-it-all" when you offer one. We just laugh at you for being wrong.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation - Page 7 Empty4/11/2012, 10:30 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

Great.
Now he can be tried in the actual justice system rather than being tried by the major media, the New Black Panther Party, and the below know-it-alls.[/b]

sparks wrote:
When an unarmed teenager is stalked and shot by a vigilante,it is a murder. Even the Florida legislator who wrote the Florida "Stand your ground" law has said the police have incorrectly interpreted the statue. The protests need to continue until Zimmerman is brought to justice.

edge540 wrote:
It looks more and more like Barney, Gomer and Goober "conducted" the investigation....or perhaps the Sanford police chief and the state attorney tried to cover up the whole thing.

sparks wrote:
Every time a self appointed vigilant guns down a 17 year old coming back from the store with soda pop and Skittles without being arrested and charged with murder, we lose the freedom to live in safe country.

edge540 wrote:
Being chased down by a maniac and then staring down the barrel of a 9mm handgun would make anybody scream.

Heretic wrote:
His only real crime is that he may have been winning a fight Zimmerman started, and a simple ass-kicking doesn't have an NRA-like lobby to support it.
Had there not been a public outcry the alleged murderer George Zimmerman would have walked away scot free. Now he will have to face trial and defend his actions in a court of law. The fact that the prosecutor chose to charge him with 2nd degree murder as opposed to manslaughter tells me that there is going to be some very convincing forensic evidence.
If convicted of Second Degree Murder, a judge is required to impose a minimum prison sentence of 16¾ years in prison.
It's a great day for justice in America.

Now the wheels of justice can turn, rather than the wheels of NBC and the rest of the loudmouth clowns.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation - Page 7 Empty4/11/2012, 10:33 pm

Heretic wrote:
Yes, but we don't whine about you being a "know-it-all" when you offer one.
No whining involved - just the facts, ma'am.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation - Page 7 Empty4/12/2012, 11:49 am

It appears that those of you who have already made your decision on this case are in some mighty fine company.

sparks wrote:
When an unarmed teenager is stalked and shot by a vigilante,it is a murder. Even the Florida legislator who wrote the Florida "Stand your ground" law has said the police have incorrectly interpreted the statue. The protests need to continue until Zimmerman is brought to justice.

edge540 wrote:
It looks more and more like Barney, Gomer and Goober "conducted" the investigation....or perhaps the Sanford police chief and the state attorney tried to cover up the whole thing.

sparks wrote:
Every time a self appointed vigilant guns down a 17 year old coming back from the store with soda pop and Skittles without being arrested and charged with murder, we lose the freedom to live in safe country.

edge540 wrote:
Being chased down by a maniac and then staring down the barrel of a 9mm handgun would make anybody scream.

Heretic wrote:
His only real crime is that he may have been winning a fight Zimmerman started, and a simple ass-kicking doesn't have an NRA-like lobby to support it.

Mike Tyson wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/mike-tyson-trayvon-martin-case-disgrace-george-zimmerman-221115400.html

…. the guy [Zimmerman] stalked him ….
………
It's a disgrace that man hasn't been dragged out of his house and tied to a car and taken away. That's the only kind of retribution that people like that understand. It's a disgrace that man hasn't been shot yet. Forget about him being arrested--the fact that he hasn't been shot yet is a disgrace. That's how I feel personally about it."
In 1992, Tyson was convicted of raping Desiree Washington, a beauty pageant contestant, and served three years in prison.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation - Page 7 Empty4/12/2012, 12:26 pm

happy jack wrote:

[b]Now the wheels of justice can turn, rather than the wheels of NBC and the rest of the loudmouth clowns.
Yeah,like the race baiting breitbart site that you get your talking points from.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation - Page 7 Empty4/12/2012, 12:35 pm

[quote="happy jack"]It appears that those of you who have already made your decision on this case are in some mighty fine company.

Mike Tyson wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/mike-tyson-trayvon-martin-case-disgrace-george-zimmerman-221115400.html
If I set my mind to it,I could probably find 10's of dozens of equally sickening comments aimed at Trayvon Martin,his family or Al Sharpton within 15 minutes just by going to sites like breitbart or Fox Nation but then I'd be stooping to your level of discussion.

Using Mike Tyson to further your argument has to go down as one of your most boneheaded decisions ever. Congrats
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation - Page 7 Empty4/12/2012, 12:45 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

Now the wheels of justice can turn, rather than the wheels of NBC and the rest of the loudmouth clowns.
Yeah,like the race baiting breitbart site that you get your talking points from.

[b]What I posted from the Breitbart site was not a ‘talking point’ – it was a simple point of fact that could have been obtained from any number of sites, any of which might have lived up to your …. ahem …. high journalistic standards.

Artie60438 wrote:

Using Mike Tyson to further your argument has to go down as one of your most boneheaded decisions ever. Congrats

What argument do you believe I am furthering?
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation - Page 7 Empty4/12/2012, 2:32 pm

Thank God I know where Mike Tyson stands on this issue. Just waiting on Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, and Kayne West now, then I can really make an informed decision.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation - Page 7 Empty4/12/2012, 2:36 pm

News item:
Quote :
Zimmerman claimed to police that Trayvon punched him in the face, breaking his nose, then jumped on top of him and bashed his head into the sidewalk, putting a gash in his head.
Yep, sure does look like broken nose alright and maybe even a broken jaw.

Trayvon Martin Death Investigation - Page 7 201200004452_0_0
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation - Page 7 Empty4/12/2012, 3:06 pm

Heretic wrote:
Thank God I know where Mike Tyson stands on this issue. Just waiting on Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, and Kayne West now, then I can really make an informed decision.
It appears that you already have.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation - Page 7 Empty4/12/2012, 3:11 pm

edge540 wrote:
News item:
Quote :
Zimmerman claimed to police that Trayvon punched him in the face, breaking his nose, then jumped on top of him and bashed his head into the sidewalk, putting a gash in his head.
Yep, sure does look like broken nose alright and maybe even a broken jaw.

Trayvon Martin Death Investigation - Page 7 201200004452_0_0

The incident was about a month and a half ago - people do heal, you know.
And 'white Hispanics' heal faster than other racial/ethnic groups - NBC says so, and they are experts on race.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation - Page 7 Empty4/12/2012, 3:27 pm

happy jack wrote:

[b]The incident was about a month and a half ago - people do heal, you know.
And 'white Hispanics' heal faster than other racial/ethnic groups - NBC says so, and they are experts on race.
NBC says so? Post a link where they claimed that or just admit that you're lying.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation - Page 7 Empty4/12/2012, 3:51 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

NBC says so? Post a link where they claimed that or just admit that you're lying.

Jesus, you are slow.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation - Page 7 Empty4/12/2012, 3:55 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

Jesus, you are slow.
Fast enough to point out a flat out lie,liar.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation - Page 7 Empty4/12/2012, 4:23 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

Jesus, you are slow.
Fast enough to point out a flat out lie,liar.
Wow.
Slow, and getting even slower.
Didn't think that was possible.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation - Page 7 Empty4/12/2012, 7:32 pm

happy jack wrote:
Heretic wrote:

You're right. I totally think Zimmerman shot and killed Trayvon Martin.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation - Page 7 Empty4/13/2012, 4:04 pm

Heretic wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Heretic wrote:

You're right. I totally think Zimmerman shot and killed Trayvon Martin.

Me too.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation - Page 7 Empty4/17/2012, 1:00 pm

edge540 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

I don’t want to engage in any name-calling here, so I’ll let you choose for yourself how you wish to be characterized. Which will it be - very, very stupid, or very, very dishonest?
Really now.
That's special coming from someone who:
-insists there is no need for hate crime laws
-thinks Rush Limbaugh is not a race baiting hate monger
-makes the preposterous claim that a blatant racist joke is not racist
-claims that a photo of the president next to a photo of a chimpanzee is "just comedy"

Just out of curiosity, edge - when you used to continually refer to George W. Bush as the "chimp-in-chief", were you engaging in racism.
If not, why not?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation - Page 7 Empty4/17/2012, 2:04 pm

Indeed.
Get her off the stage right now - she is totally screwing up the narrative.
Who the hell does this woman think she is, anyway?
Can't she see that there are racial flames that need to be fanned and a suspect who deserves to be railroaded?
Damn, woman!!!!

http://newsone.com/2002143/note-to-trayvons-mother-its-time-for-you-to-step-to-the-side/

Note to Trayvon’s Mother: It’s Time for You to Step to the Side

Apr 12, 2012
by Dr. Boyce Watkins

I haven’t spoken with Rev. Al Sharpton in a few months. But if we were still speaking and he were to ask me what to do with the mother of Trayvon Martin, my answer would be very simple:
Get her off the stage right now.
Trayvon’s mother, Sybrina Fulton, appeared on “The Today Show” this week and actually said that she thinks that George Zimmerman, 28, shot her son by accident.
"One of the things that I still believe in, a person should apologize when they are actually remorseful for what they’ve done. I believe it was an accident. I believe that it just got out of control and he couldn’t turn the clock back. I would ask him, did he know that that was a minor, that that was a teenager, and that he did not have a weapon?”
When I heard these words, I froze in my tracks. I couldn’t believe that Trayvon’s mother would make a statement that was in such stark contradiction to the charges being brought forth by the prosecutor. In fact, there’s a big part of me that wonders why she was on the show at all.
According to Findlaw.com, second-degree manslaughter is defined as:
1) an intentional killing that is not premeditated or planned, nor committed in a reasonable “heat of passion” or 2) a killing caused by dangerous conduct and the offender’s obvious lack of concern for human life
There is nothing about the word “accident” that implies intent, which is why it’s called an “accident.” Although Sybrina’s attorneys have worked hard to clean up after her mistake, the truth is that she can’t argue that Zimmerman “accidentally” thought that Trayvon looked suspicious or that he “accidentally” chased him down. The only part of this interaction where the word “accident” readily applies is in the actual shooting itself. If I were George Zimmerman’s brother, I would send Syrbrina’s attorney a thank-you card.
God bless Sybrina for being honest (if that is what she meant to say), but there are some things better left unsaid. For the mother of the victim to make a statement in national media that directly contradicts the efforts of the prosecution is nothing short of disastrous.
“George Zimmerman stalked my son and murdered him in cold blood,” Sybrina later said to MSNBC in another interview, retracting her earlier statement.
My question at this point is this: Why was there another interview in the first place? I am not a lawyer myself, but I presume that there’s a reason that attorneys tell their clients to be quiet. All of the cleansing in the world will never take away the fact that Sybrina’s comments have had a remarkably negative impact on the ability of the special prosecutor to do her work.
Sybrina’s words have opened the door for millions of people to understand when George Zimmerman is let off the hook with either an acquittal or a plea bargain for a lesser charge. This remark also undermines her credibility as she seeks to have Zimmerman convicted of second degree murder. Why would I tell someone to punish you for deliberately doing something that I believe to be accidental?
Trayvon’s parents have done their work and they’ve done it well. They’ve achieved the first steps toward justice for their son, and now it’s time for them to try to rebuild their lives in private. Rev. Sharpton has done a wonderful job of highlighting the racial dimensions of this highly unfortunate incident. At this point, the conversation about black men in the justice system must grow beyond Trayvon Martin, and the prosecution should be allowed to do its work. The family, as well all associated racial advocates, need to strategize in private, listen to the evidence and just stop talking.
Dr.

Boyce Watkins is a Professor at Syracuse University and founder of the Your Black World Coalition. To have Dr. Boyce commentary delivered to your email, please click here.

Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation - Page 7 Empty4/17/2012, 2:45 pm

Actually it's Sean Hannity who is suggesting it was an accident.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/23/sean-hannity-trayvon-martin-accident_n_1374917.html
Yep that's the ticket Sean, it was an accident.

Quote :

Trayvon Martin Case: Teen's Mother, Sybrina Fulton, Clarifies 'Accident' Remark On Nancy Grace
Trayvon Martin's mother, Sybrina Fulton, caused a stir after she appeared on the "Today" show and said that she believed it was "an accident" that George Zimmerman shot and killed her son.

During an interview with HLN's Nancy Grace, Fulton clarified her comment, saying she was referring to the teen's encounter with Zimmerman and not the shooting itself.

"In no way, shape, form or fashion did I imply that this was an accident, that the shooting was an accident," she told Grace. "I don't believe that it was an accident. I believe he got out of his vehicle, he had an intent in his mind, and he carried out the intent, and that's why my son is no longer with us."

Fulton expounded on comments she'd made in an interview with the "Today" show's Ann Curry Thursday morning, comments she says were taken out of context.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/12/trayvon-martin-case-sybrina-fulton-clarifies-accident-remark_n_1421145.html
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation - Page 7 Empty4/17/2012, 3:34 pm

edge540 wrote:

"In no way, shape, form or fashion did I imply that this was an accident, that the shooting was an accident," she told Grace.

Uh....OK.

"One of the things that I still believe in, a person should apologize when they are actually remorseful for what they’ve done. I believe it was an accident."
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation - Page 7 Empty4/17/2012, 5:17 pm

happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:

"In no way, shape, form or fashion did I imply that this was an accident, that the shooting was an accident," she told Grace.

[b]Uh....OK.

"One of the things that I still believe in, a person should apologize when they are actually remorseful for what they’ve done. I believe it was an accident."
What she obviously means is that Zimmerman didn't deliberately set out to kill her son. That's why he was only charged with 2nd degree murder.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation - Page 7 Empty4/17/2012, 5:32 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:

Uh....OK.

What she obviously means is that Zimmerman didn't deliberately set out to kill her son. That's why he was only charged with 2nd degree murder.

Personally, I think that charging Zimmerman with 2nd degree murder is a mistake. I don't see how a jury would find him guilty of that... but I'm not sure what all the ins and outs are in the Florida justice system. Does anyone know if a Florida jury can consider manslaughter as well? Or is it "Murder 2" or nothing?

Unless I'm mistaken, 2nd degree murder involves "depravity" or "malicious intent." I don't see how that can be proved, unless there's something that we don't yet know about the incident. Maybe a surprise witness or something?

Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation - Page 7 Empty4/17/2012, 8:50 pm

Scorpion wrote:
Personally, I think that charging Zimmerman with 2nd degree murder is a mistake. I don't see how a jury would find him guilty of that... but I'm not sure what all the ins and outs are in the Florida justice system. Does anyone know if a Florida jury can consider manslaughter as well? Or is it "Murder 2" or nothing?
Yes they can if the judge allows it.
Quote :
At trial, however, the question of self-defense can be brought up again and possibly will, said Robert Weisberg, a criminal law expert at Stanford Law School. That could lead to a fallback position for the jury — if allowed by the judge — of a lesser verdict of manslaughter should the jury decide that Mr. Zimmerman sincerely but unreasonably believed that he was appropriately using lethal force to defend himself, which is known as “imperfect self-defense.”

Either side in the case could request that the judge instruct the jury to consider that middle ground, and if the evidence supports such a finding the judge will in almost all cases comply, Professor Weisberg said. A confident prosecutor may not want to risk missing the toughest conviction, however, and a confident defense lawyer may not want to risk giving the jurors a lesser charge that they can choose instead of acquittal. And so, he said, the question may come down to, “Who’s feeling lucky?”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/12/us/zimmerman-faces-second-degree-murder-charge-in-florida.html

Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation - Page 7 Empty4/17/2012, 8:52 pm

Scorpion wrote:

Personally, I think that charging Zimmerman with 2nd degree murder is a mistake.
I thought so too at first but maybe she could be using it as leverage to get him to plead down to manslaughter? Watching the press conference this woman came across to me as a very sharp prosecutor. I really doubt she would have gone for 2nd degree without something up her sleeve.
Quote :
Does anyone know if a Florida jury can consider manslaughter as well? Or is it "Murder 2" or nothing?
I'm pretty sure they can or the judge can instruct them.
Quote :
Unless I'm mistaken, 2nd degree murder involves "depravity" or "malicious intent." I don't see how that can be proved, unless there's something that we don't yet know about the incident. Maybe a surprise witness or something?
There's a whole lot we don't know,including what's in the autopsy report. Like you say,there could be a surprise witness. Maybe they chose to remain anonymous to everyone but the prosecutor due to the media firestorm. If I was a witness I'd want to keep as quiet as a church mouse,lest the media start camping on my doorstep. Overall there has been very little evidence leaked to the press.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Trayvon Martin Death Investigation
Page 7 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 22 ... 37  Next