Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hey Sparks...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
UrRight

Hey Sparks... Empty
PostSubject: Hey Sparks...   Hey Sparks... Empty3/24/2012, 9:10 pm

You feel so sorry for me because...

Who cares.

Just want to know how many charities and stuff you contributed to - timewise, money-wise and why you will never tell anyone what charities or places you donated your time to.

You bragged about it...and you are the first to feel sorry for me, but geez, can you just tell me what organizations I should contribute to and donate or volunteer to, so I can be as worthy as you?

I always answer your questions, but noticed this is one question you never answered, but bragged about. Can you be honest with me? I am not picking on you, but if I spoke those words, and someone would ask me what charities, I would gladly tell them so they too, would perhaps donate.

Can you be forward and honest and not dodge it with me?

I have one favorite on in Indiana...and I would love to ask others to help out, but Janet V. already has a swearl of donators for it, and my bit is my own. The woman's shelter but before that, known for something else.

So...clue us in so we can all donate for your worthy cause!
Back to top Go down
UrRight

Hey Sparks... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Sparks...   Hey Sparks... Empty3/24/2012, 9:15 pm

...and don't dodge the question. Just say you lied if you did. If you did not lie, expose the theme of the charity...not the name necessarily, and don't get sarcastic with me.

I can tolerate your attitude, but I am being sincere. I don't care if you gave just a dollar, just tell me what charities that are in need. I have lots of connections through my sister and her professional friends, and I will make sure they donate.

If you care, and are sincere, you'd spread the word. Just don't tell me churches. I despise those places. I want direct addresses or names where they can be sent.
Back to top Go down
sparks

Hey Sparks... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Sparks...   Hey Sparks... Empty3/29/2012, 3:55 am

I'll be glad to answer your question about charities. Here are the charities we donate to on a regular basis.
NWI Food Bank
Haven House
Mercy Home for Boys and Girls,Chicago,Il
St. Joseph's Indian school
Good Samaritan Mission, Gary,IN
Children of Abraham- collects medical supplies for third world countries
St. Labre Indian school
Campagna Academy,Schererville,IN
350.org
Save the Dunes
Sierra club,Indiana chapter
Disabled American Veterans

I feel blessed that I am able to not only support my family but give back to others who are less fortunate.Every year, when we make our budget, we set a goal for charitable giving. Some of the organizations publish lists of donors in the local paper. You'll see our names there.
Back to top Go down
KarenT

Hey Sparks... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Sparks...   Hey Sparks... Empty3/29/2012, 6:22 pm

Good for you, Sparks.
Back to top Go down
sparks

Hey Sparks... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Sparks...   Hey Sparks... Empty4/5/2012, 4:18 am

KarenT wrote:
Good for you, Sparks.
Giving back was taught to me by my parents. I am really pleased both of my daughters are involved with charitable. One of them went to Haiti with the Doctors without Borders program. The other just finished a 5K run for the Hunger for Thirst project that brings clean drinking water to third world countries.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

Hey Sparks... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Sparks...   Hey Sparks... Empty4/5/2012, 6:14 pm

I was very involved with Haven House They helped me so much. I volunteered there. So, out of those others listed, which would be the most that needs the charitable or volunteer services? I'm really not rich, but with Haven House, I volunteer paperwork, and bring in minor stuff, tissue boxes, toilet paper, stuff the gals need.

So, would it be the VETS? I'm hoping...because it makes me think of my dad. And. do the VETS halls need volunteers? Not much money for me to give. Just looking to help volunteer for good causes.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

Hey Sparks... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Sparks...   Hey Sparks... Empty4/5/2012, 6:20 pm

Thanks for donating to so many places. For all the good you do, it will come right back at you. What goes around, will come around.

That's great...you and your wife sound like angels giving to so many different causes.

So, how do I link up with the VETS in honor of my dad?
Back to top Go down
UrRight

Hey Sparks... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Sparks...   Hey Sparks... Empty4/5/2012, 6:27 pm

I have to tell you, the 7th of April will be one year since my dad died. We had a gravesite memorial, then dinner/brunch in the VET'S hall up in Michigan. Do you know they didn't charge my mom? But she gave them several hundred dollars. The food was cooked, homemade, the guys that saluted my dad, they were in the bar telling me so many war jokes, no booze involved, I nearly fell off the stool. It was fun.

My dad got buried (partially his cremated remains) in their cemetary, full military honors, and the other part of him is in an urn on the fireplace, with the Marine's logo...but, I thought, wow, these guys did all this for us! So do they do that at all the VET's Halls? If so, I want to be a part of it. Those guys are a gas for cheering you up when you lost one of their "own", too. I just don't have the money, but want to volunteer in honor of my dad, uncles, etc., from WWII and VietNam. Do they need volunteers? Fundraisers? I'm good at that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hey Sparks... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Sparks...   Hey Sparks... Empty

Back to top Go down

Hey Sparks...
Page 1 of 1