HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Republicans War on Women

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   3/3/2012, 7:11 pm

There is NO PILL OUT THERE that prevents cervical, bladder, pancreatic cancer. NO birtcontrol pill should be dispensed as anything other than preventing pregnancy. It does NOT prevent cysts, doesn't prevent cancer, does NOT regulate a period on the regular "due date".

You need to go to "Ask.com" and do your homework. Or, www.webm.d.com. Facts and statistics are there. Not at the site you offered. Estrogen pills cause cancer. Midol takes care of the little wussie that can't tolerate cramps. Rubbers prevent diseases of the reproductive system, and the rest of your body, not birth control pills. You sound as ridiculous as that underachiever who complained she can't afford to coppulate unless the taxpayers give her free birth control. Why didn't she ask for rain coats, if that's her argument. It prevents pregnancy and the spread of vd, HIV, etc.

Can't believe how stupid these college kids are today. Going before lawmakers, asking them to help protect her little hole below.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   3/3/2012, 7:13 pm

Judge Judy would tell her to go pick up pop or beer cans, and cash them in, to pay for her "lifestyle" in college. Duh!
Back to top Go down
WhitingLib

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   3/3/2012, 7:46 pm

UrRight wrote:
Can't believe how stupid these college kids are today. Going before lawmakers, asking them to help protect her little hole below.

You're disgusting.
I will not respond to you again.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   3/4/2012, 12:27 am

WhitingLib wrote:
WOW! Thank you for that frightening glimpse inside the mind of a Rush Limbaugh fan Shocked

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   3/4/2012, 8:27 am

Here is a link to add your name to "Boycott Rush". I think this latest attack on women will permanently damage Rush's ability to attract sponsors.
Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   3/4/2012, 9:03 am

Hopefully. When he was having hearing problems a few years ago, I told hubby it didn't matter because Rush never listened to anyone else anyway.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   3/4/2012, 11:32 am

KarenT wrote:
Hopefully. When he was having hearing problems a few years ago, I told hubby it didn't matter because Rush never listened to anyone else anyway.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   3/4/2012, 4:15 pm

Looks like Obama made a back-room deal, but the FDA recalled it.

http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/SafetyInformation/SafetyAlertsforHumanMedicalProducts/ucm293385.htm

In July 2011, FDA began a pilot program to notify people of drug recalls before they are classified. These unclassified recalls will be published in the Enforcement Report3 every Wednesday, and will be listed under the heading, “Recalls Pending Classification: DRUGS.” They will be reposted with their classification once that determination has been made. Send comments or suggestions to CDERRecallPilot@fda.hhs.gov.

If you have a medicine that has been recalled, talk to your health care professional about the best course of action. Stores generally have a return and refund policy when a company has announced a recall of its products.

NOTE: The recalls on the list are generally Class I., which means there is a reasonable probability that the use of or exposure to a violative product will cause serious adverse health consequences or death.

Consumer:
1-(888)721-7115

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - February 24, 2012 - Glenmark Generics Inc. USA today issued a voluntary, nationwide, consumer-level recall of seven (7) lots of Norgestimate and Ethinyl Estradiol Tablets USP, 0.18 mg/0.035 mg, 0.215 mg/0.035 mg, 0.25 mg/0.035 mg. The recall is being implemented because of a packaging error, where select blisters were rotated 180 degrees within the card, reversing the weekly tablet orientation and making the lot number and expiry date visible only on the outer pouch. Any blister for which the lot number and expiry date is not visible is subject to recall. This packaging error is limited to the seven (7) lots listed in the table below of Norgestimate and Ethinyl Estradiol Tablets USP, 0.18 mg/0.035 mg, 0.215 mg/0.035 mg, 0.25 mg/0.035 mg. This product is used as an oral contraceptive indicated for the prevention of pregnancy in women who elect to use oral contraceptives as a method of contraception. As a result of this packaging error, the daily regimen for these oral contraceptives may be incorrect and could leave women without adequate contraception, and at risk for unintended pregnancy. These packaging defects do not pose any immediate health risks. However, consumers exposed to affected packaging should begin using a non-hormonal form of contraception immediately. Patients who have the affected product (lot numbers are provided below) should notify their physician and return the product to the pharmacy.

These tablets were manufactured and packaged by Glenmark Generics Ltd. India. and are distributed by Glenmark Generics Inc. USA. This product is distributed to wholesalers and retail pharmacies nationwide between September 21, 2011 and December 30, 2011. This product is distributed by Glenmark Generics Inc. only in the USA.

Lot numbers of affected packs of Norgestimate and Ethinyl Estradiol Tablets USP, 0.18 mg/0.035 mg, 0.215 mg/0.035 mg, 0.25 mg/0.035 mg (Generic), are as follows:
NDC Lot Nos Expiration
68462-565-29 04110101 07/31/2013
04110106 07/31/2013
04110107 07/31/2013
04110114 08/31/2013
04110124 08/31/2013
04110129 08/31/2013
04110134 09/30/2013

This packaging related issue was discovered when Glenmark received a complaint from a consumer stating that she received one blister pack in which the tablets were packaged in reverse order. The correct packaging configuration of this product has 3 pouch packs packaged in a carton and each pouch pack has one blister which contains 28 tablets (seven tablets each of a different strength and inactive tablets) in which the sequence is white to off-white tablets on top row and inactive light green tablets in bottom row (correctly packaged blister packs are pictured here):

Each white to off white tablet contains 0.18 mg of the progestational compound, norgestimate USP, together with 0.035 mg of the estrogenic compound, ethinyl estradiol USP.
Each light blue tablet contains 0.215 mg of the progestational compound, norgestimate USP, together with 0.035 mg of the estrogenic compound, ethinyl estradiol USP.
Each blue tablet contains 0.25 mg of the progestational compound, norgestimate USP, together with 0.035 mg of the estrogenic compound, ethinyl estradiol USP.
Each light green tablet contains inert ingredients only.
Any adverse events that may be related to the use of these products should be reported to Glenmark Generics Inc., USA at 1-(888)721-7115 (8 AM to 5 PM Mon-Fri EST) or to FDA's MedWatch Program either online, by regular mail or by fax.

Online: www.fda.gov/medwatch/report.htm1 2
Regular Mail: Use postage-paid, pre-addressed Form FDA 3500
available at: www.fda.gov/MedWatch/getforms.htm3. Mail
to the address on the pre-addressed form.
Fax: 1-800-FDA-0178

Glenmark has responded rapidly to ensure that its products continue to meet the company’s high quality standards. The safety of patients who take our medicines is our first priority. The cause was identified and corrected immediately. At this time, there remains sufficient supply of unaffected lots of material in the marketplace to support demand.

This recall is being conducted with the knowledge of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.

_ In case you are taking that brand of B.C. pills, Lib. I'm not out to fight about stuff, except, the birth control pill may prevent pregnancy, but without a raincoat, those gals getting the free B.C. pills will risk diseases. That's my point, and Obama thinks offering this free B.C. to females is going to win him a few more percentage points in being re-nominated for POTUS. It's NOT free, and no one in their right mind would allow a rain-coat missing sticker upper to travel in her body, and though she won't get pregnant, she risks diseases.

And here are reasons why women should be leery in using those free handouts:

LONG-ACTING METHODS

None of the long-acting methods protect against RTIs or HIV transmission. IUDs, implants, and injections are 99 percent effective. Oral contraceptive pills are theoretically 99 percent effective, but pregnancies do occur if pills are missed or not taken on time.
Oral Contraceptive Pill. "The Pill" was introduced in the United States in the 1960s. It contains one or two hormones (either estrogen and progesterone together, or progesterone alone) that prevent ovulation and create a hostile environment for sperm. Although there was originally controversy over the health risks of the pill, it is now considered to be relatively safe for nonsmokers. In fact, it may protect against cancer of the ovaries and uterus. Side effects include nausea, breast tenderness, spotting, weight gain, mood changes, and headaches. Women who smoke should not take the pill as it may cause fatal blood clots. The pill's effectiveness is 99.5 percent if used perfectly, but 95 percent in real use.

NOTE the risks for smokers. NOTE the pill doesn't protect against RTIs or HIV transmission.

Can you imagine those ignorant of smoking, taking the pill, lining up for lawsuits against the gov't for allowing HIV and etc., to be experienced, while they have to file a suit against the gov't since the gov't is giving them away.

Either burn your tubes and use the raincoat, or get the guy to get his sperm cut off and wear a raincoat. That is, if you are out sporting for a new partner until you find the right one.

On Rush, for every sponsor leaving, there will be ten for every one of them, waiting in line. I used to hate him and Trump. For Obama to ask the Repukes to decry on Rush, just makes him look stupid. Rush isn't a politician anymore. He's a radio entertainer and calls the shots as he sees them.

I have yet to find anything Rush predicted would happen, to not happen. He could lose all the sponsors and stay in business. It's not that I agree all the time with him, but he does tell it like it is. Trump I hated him, also. But I took time out to read his latest interview with Rush, and what he said in Dec. of 2011 turned out to be so true. He is a smart guy. His personal knowledge in dealing with overseas, China, for example, his global empire, and the fact that the economy does affect his portfolio, he has a better relationship with oversea dictators, etc. He knows economics. He knows the crap the OPEC is pulling off, in regards to gas prices. He knows what would jump start the economy. And I am pizzed off, that while he is telling the truth and tooting his own horn, I wish he would run for POTUS.

He'd get this economy moving and sock Obama in the face with words/the truth/ without touching him. I hated Trump and Rush until this past DEC. when the Ruch with the big mouth just kept it shut, listening to Trump. I saved that magazine...about gas prices, importing, loss of manufacturing that could be resurrected again, but with technology and patience, employees can do more, working less strenuously if only employers were upgrading, and being patient in teaching and training, while manufacturing.

Rush shouldn't apologize for what he said, though he could have said it differently. I agree with that part. But like Rush, I am who I am, and I'm not going to apologize for being who I am, whether you like what you hear from me, or not. I am not fighting mentally with you, Lib. It may have appeared that way. I respect your opinions, whether I agree or not. I did NOT intend to make it a personal issue directed to you. I just don't believe the gov't would tell women they will provide free b.control, when they should be wise enough to choose the better option that don't present worse problems down the road...women who are promiscuous and don't realize they can get transmitted diseases. Even ORALLY. So what good is that $3,000.00 savings compared to obtaining and encouraging a woman that she doesn't have to worry about getting pregnant, but hiding the fact it encourages misconceptions about the disadvantages that - the type of birth control they want to offer as "FREE" will actually cost more in the long run, blaming the gov't for getting veneral diseases, even when they disgustingly think they are protected by sleeping with one person who previously had an old girlfriend that probably messed around with Tom, Dick and Harry that those three guys might have messed around each with another former partner that those other three messed around with three others that had fifteen encounters before.

If B.C. is included in the health insurance, you'll be paying more. If Obama wants to give away something he says is free, it doesn't come without other things you didn't ask for, for "free"

Married couples only should be allowed that B.C. The rest that are wandering between partners, don't deserve any more than a few raincoats a month. Well, based on their needs. At least raincoats prevent pregnancy at a reasonable rate, but also prevents vd, HIV, etc.

Rush is Rush. He won't have a problem staying on the radio without sponsors. He has a lot of rich friends that worked for their money, too. Despite the fact he is Republican, Obama has no right nor, do the Democrats asking for the apology. Rush isn't running for office, he's entitled to free speech.

More sickening is the fact that Obama apologizes to the Muslims about the American soldiers burning the Quran. But his apology should never had happened. The Muslims desecrated those Qurans by writing notes to each other via the Qurans. Now we have dead soldiers over there, even after the apology. That's how stupid Obama is, but then again, he's a Muslim himself, and is NOT an American. He is not a natural born American. His birth certificate was researched so well, by top researchers, that they are to announce their findings I would believe it said, next week, which starts today. I'm sorry to have offended you. I just think what Rush said is the truth, although I believe he could have expressed it better. But that's Rush, and it is the truth, no matter how he expressed it.

###

RSS Feed for FDA Recalls Information4 [what's this?5]

Photo: Product Labels6

Recalled Product Photos Are Also Available on FDA's Flickr Photostream.7

-
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   3/4/2012, 4:27 pm

WhitingLib wrote:

ProFlowers is really taking a lot of heat, with Mothers Day right around the corner, it's going to hurt them.
Carbonite and LifeLock are being targeted as well.
Quote :
PROFLOWERS STATEMENT
At ProFlowers, our mission is to delight our customers with fresh and long lasting flowers, and that is our singular focus each and every day. We do not base our advertising decisions to align with any particular political view or opinion as our employees and customers are as diverse as the USA. Mr. Limbaugh’s recent comments went beyond political discourse to a personal attack and do not reflect our values as a company. As such, ProFlowers has suspended advertising on The Rush Limbaugh radio program.
http://www.facebook.com/ProFlowers?sk=wall
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   3/4/2012, 4:27 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
WhitingLib wrote:

ProFlowers is really taking a lot of heat, with Mothers Day right around the corner, it's going to hurt them.
Quote :
PROFLOWERS STATEMENT
At ProFlowers, our mission is to delight our customers with fresh and long lasting flowers, and that is our singular focus each and every day. We do not base our advertising decisions to align with any particular political view or opinion as our employees and customers are as diverse as the USA. Mr. Limbaugh’s recent comments went beyond political discourse to a personal attack and do not reflect our values as a company. As such, ProFlowers has suspended advertising on The Rush Limbaugh radio program.
cheers
Back to top Go down
WhitingLib

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   3/4/2012, 6:26 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
WhitingLib wrote:

Quote :
PROFLOWERS STATEMENT
cheers

Another one bites the dust Very Happy
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   3/4/2012, 6:41 pm

What's so devasting about ProFlowers pulling away just for the holiday? They are sinking anyway, with Obama's magic wand...everyone is pulling out of everywhere.

When's the first or last time you ever used ProFlowers? People send bouquets of fresh fruit, now'days.

There will be 10 sponsors willing to take ProFlower's place. Never heard of the place, anyway. Did you, until now? Oh, wow!!!

Artie, you fartie, I bet you never knew of them....love you or not, nothing accomplished but more people listening to Rush.

The ball is still in his court. For everyone who thinks he's nuts, there's 50 CEO's and thousands of U.S. citizens that will light up his board.

He doesn't need sponsors at this point. Rush is Rush. Obama needs the fake sponsors. Buying Birth Control for women...how low can a POTUS stoop to garner women's votes? Taking advantage of dumb broads.

Not too low, since they get something free, his votes will come from the gutters, if they bother to vote after learning their bodies are infected by the gutters... LOL

And I don't like any of the Repukes. Ron Paul who probably doesn't stand a chance, will get my vote beause people fall for those who get the most media coverage. And the media ignored Ron Paul. I'll stick to the gut: vote for Ron Paul. The rest are self-made, selfish and greedy a-holes. Ron sounds like a corker to me. Just kicks in a one liner like my dad, when he injected during the debate, "I think some politicians should be sent to the moon".

Anyway, sick of who can beat Obama. Sick of Obama with no record of accomplishments, well, those he speaks of, he didn't have to make a HUGE decision about the Navy Seals killing Osama O'Biddy, but took credit for it, after he was golfing....

His green car worked so well, they gave them away. Here we sit on an abundance of natural gas, oil, etc. This POTUS does nothing..nothing of value. If you think he did, he didn't do it alone. The military which he never served in, (notice he still doesn't know how to properly salute the officer after exiting a plane?) made the decision on how to take down Osama Bin Liddity, they only had to explain to the half brain and tell him to say, "yes" to them. Imagine asking someone with NO military experience, with a half of a brain focused on golf, eating and playing, permission to take down a damn killer? Imagine asking someone who never experieced or fought in a war, yet he took the credit. Gosh, if he went and did what they did, he would have been on his knees kissing Osama's golf stick and balls begging to live. This guy is a crock of crap. And Rush, you just made your show stick out where everyone is going to tune in to find out how you handled this toooooo late apology. In fact, I found a phone on this computer. If you take my call, I'll tell you what a pansy you are for apologizing for telling and calling it out as it is. I'll be bitchin' at him for being a pansy.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   3/4/2012, 6:58 pm

It's funny you guys never listened to Rush but until now, you're clapping your hands on how many sponsors left his show??

Oh my, that's a real problem in your political corner. Some guy comes along and calls the shots as he sees it, and it just turns you off when cuss words come out?

Go to Missouri and they'll politely ask if you are retarded. That's how they talk down south.

If you tell them people don't use that word, they'll tell you to bite their azz. They tell it like it is. I can only imagine what happens further south, especially with the fake bible thumpers. I have a cousin that was the worst kid on earth growing up, slinging a fist at my aunt on his second day of Kindergarten, saying, "Someday I'll get even with you!"

He turned into a minister. I'm not suppose to swear, drink or smoke. Know what I told him?

Fluck off. I am who I am...I don't and won't pretend who I am not, And listen MONKEY FACE, if you're so great now, let me tell ya about...etc.

He called my dad shortly before my dad died saying..."You remember when I put HER on the horse and told her to kick his legs to stop, but he was heading for the highway the more she kicked, and uh, I guess what goes around..comes around."

He's a son of my favorite UNCLE who said also, "I ain't going to church just to give them a dollar!".

Point is, southerners don't mince words, or kiss azzes. I bet not even half of MO will vote for a new or used POTUS..cuz once you fool them, you're on their shitz list.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   3/4/2012, 7:13 pm

WhitingLib wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
WhitingLib wrote:

Quote :
PROFLOWERS STATEMENT
cheers

Another one bites the dust Very Happy

When did you even patronize the sponsors, any of them? Rush will survive without any sponsors. Aint like it's WJOB and Preacher's on the air.... affraid
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   3/4/2012, 7:22 pm

Any sponsor that pulls their ad after decades, is a sign of no business without a sign.

They cave into the opposition, which will hurt them financially at the end.

I can grant you, if they garnered any business sponsored on Rush Limbaugh's they would stay. "They" are HARD UP.

If they benefited monetarily, they wouldn't give a crap...those in the economy today, will pull back sponsorship, because their advertising didn't garner the results they hoped for. Again, Rush will and CAN survive without sponsorship. He's been more right than wrong on thousands of issus.

I'm laughing while he walks to the bank without sponsors. It isn't the Hoosier state.

Those who pulled ads, are not worthy, never was, and made no money, so they use the excuse it's Rushe's fault.

If I advertised as a sponsor and something like this happened while I paid for the sponsorship, and made MONEY providing the sponsors and making a nightmare of money..I don't give a crap what the guy does or says on his own radio station. If my business didn't garner the windfall of customers, I would retreat and tell Rush, "I can't affford this exposure. It isn't enhancing my sales." But being a business man, he probably had a contract and if they broke it, they pay for it.

Now, let's compare wJOB to Rushe's radio station. Do you really think pulling away sponsorships is going to affect Rush? At WJOB, it would be the end of its era. Wink
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   3/4/2012, 10:07 pm

UrRight wrote:
Rush will survive without any sponsors.

Do you really think pulling away sponsorships is going to affect Rush?
You should ask another one of your disgusting heroes,Glenn Beck,how well losing sponsors worked out for him.
Back to top Go down
edge540

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   3/5/2012, 8:24 am

UrRight, you should try decaf.
Back to top Go down
WhitingLib

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   3/5/2012, 10:45 am

AOL just suspended advertising Very Happy
I think that is the 7th or 8th....I'm losing count.
Back to top Go down
WhitingLib

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   3/5/2012, 11:38 am

Are Rush's high ratings a myth?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/cenk-uygur/rush-limbaugh-ratings_b_1320144.html
Back to top Go down
Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   3/5/2012, 11:39 am

Well, Rush wanted pictures. Looks like someone agreed to his terms:

Quote :
I was given a prescription for the pill after my surgery. This surgery diagnosed and attempted to treat my endometriosis — a disease that many women have, for reasons that have yet to be discovered. The pill was recommended to me as something that might help my continuing symptoms.

Ironically, women who have endo are actually statistically less likely to be having sex than women without it, because one of the more common symptoms of endo is pain during intercourse. Sorry if that messes with your worldview.

Anyway: yes, my prescription to the pill was fully covered by my insurance plan.

Here’s what you said regarding Sandra Fluke’s testimony:

“If we’re going to have to pay for this [birth control pills] then we want something in return, Ms. Fluke. And that would be the videos of all this sex posted online so we can see what we’re getting for our money.”

I hadn’t realized that conservatives are avid consumers of online porn. At the very least, apparently they want to be avid consumers. Provided it’s government-funded online porn.

At any rate: you wanted pictures.

Fair enough.

Here are some images of why I needed the pill. You aren’t paying for my medication, of course. But these pictures, or images very like them, apply to people like Sandra Fluke’s friend.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   3/5/2012, 12:31 pm

WhitingLib wrote:
AOL just suspended advertising Very Happy
I think that is the 7th or 8th....I'm losing count.
Make that 9. Tax Resolution Services announced on Twitter that it too is dropping advertising on Limbaugh.
http://thinkprogress.org/media/2012/03/05/437777/aol-drops-limbaugh/?tw_p=twt&mobile=nc
Back to top Go down
Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   3/5/2012, 4:23 pm

Via David Frum:

Quote :
Are we being fair to Rush Limbaugh?

Point 1: Even by the rough standards of cable/talk radio/digital talk, Limbaugh's verbal abuse of Sandra Fluke set a new kind of low. I can't recall anything as brutal, ugly and deliberate ever being said by such a prominent person and so emphatically repeated. This was not a case of a bad "word choice." It was a brutally sexualized accusation, against a specific person, prolonged over three days.

Point 2: The cases that conservatives cite as somehow equivalent to Limbaugh's tirade against Fluke by and large did bring consequences for their authors.

After David Letterman for example made an ugly joke about Sarah Palin's daughter, he delivered an abject seven-minute apology on air. (To which Palin responded by refusing the apology and insinuating that David Letterman was a child molester.)

When liberal talker Ed Schultz nastily called my dear friend Laura Ingraham a "slut" on his radio show, MSNBC responded by suspending Schultz for a week without pay from his TV show. Schultz likewise apologized in person on air. (Ingraham accepted the apology with grace and humor.) The exception to the general rule is Bill Maher, who never apologized for calling Palin by a demeaning sexual epithet. But now see point 3:

Point 3: Limbaugh's place in American public life is in no way comparable to that of David Letterman, Bill Maher or Ed Schultz.

Letterman is not a political figure at all; and while Maher and Schultz strongly identify as liberals, neither qualifies as anything like a powerbroker in the Democratic Party. I'm sure the Barack Obama re-election effort is happy to have Maher's million-dollar gift, but I sincerely doubt there is a Democratic congressman who worries much whether Maher criticizes him. A word of criticism from Limbaugh, by contrast, will reduce almost any member of the Republican caucus to abject groveling. See, for example: GINGREY, PHIL.

Among TV and radio talkers and entertainers, there is none who commands anything like the deference that Limbaugh commands from Republicans: not Rachel Maddow, not Jon Stewart, not Michael Moore, not Keith Olbermann at his zenith. Democratic politicians may wish for favorable comment from their talkers, but they are not terrified of negative comment from them in the way that Republican politicians live in fear of a negative word from Limbaugh.

The ultimate test came in 2002, the vote to authorize force against Iraq. Almost every liberal talker opposed that vote. Hillary Clinton, with her eye on a presidential run in 2008, voted in favor.

That is why no one asks Democratic politicians to repudiate the latest strident statement from an Olbermann or a Moore. There's no sport in it. It's too easy for them to say, "Sure." For Republicans, it's tough.

But maybe, after this latest outburst, a little less tough?

Point 4: Most fundamentally, why the impulse to counter one outrageous stunt by rummaging through the archives in search of some supposedly offsetting outrageous stunt? Why not respond to an indecent act on its own terms, and then -- if there's another indecency later -- react to that too, and on its own terms?

Instead, public life is reduced to a revenge drama. Each offense is condoned by reference to some previous offense by some undefined "them" who supposedly once did something even worse, or anyway nearly as bad, at some point in the past.

But this latest Limbaugh outburst is so "piggish," to borrow a word from Peggy Noonan, as to overwhelm the revenge drama. (On Saturday, Limbaugh apologized "for the insulting word choices.")
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   3/5/2012, 4:33 pm

Quote :
HAWAII RADIO STATION DROPS LIMBAUGH
In a press release from New West Broadcasting, KPUA AM 670 in Hilo, Hawaii announced that it is immediately discontinuing the Rush Limbaugh program. Chris Leonard, President and General Manager of New West, said, Limbaugh’s recent attacks on Sandra Fluke “crossed a line of decency.” “Regardless of one’s political views on the issue being discussed,” Leonard explained, “we feel the delivery was degrading and the continued comments over several days to be egregious. As a result, we are discontinuing the Rush Limbaugh program on KPUA effective immediately.” The Hawaii affiliate is believed to be the first station to drop Limbaugh since the controversy began.
http://thinkprogress.org/media/2012/03/05/438209/hawaii-radio-affiliate-drops-limbaugh/

Dropped sponsors now number 12,with Allstate Insurance being the latest casualty. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
WhitingLib

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   3/5/2012, 5:38 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Quote :
HAWAII RADIO STATION DROPS LIMBAUGH
In a press release from New West Broadcasting, KPUA AM 670 in Hilo, Hawaii announced that it is immediately discontinuing the Rush Limbaugh program. Chris Leonard, President and General Manager of New West, said, Limbaugh’s recent attacks on Sandra Fluke “crossed a line of decency.” “Regardless of one’s political views on the issue being discussed,” Leonard explained, “we feel the delivery was degrading and the continued comments over several days to be egregious. As a result, we are discontinuing the Rush Limbaugh program on KPUA effective immediately.” The Hawaii affiliate is believed to be the first station to drop Limbaugh since the controversy began.
http://thinkprogress.org/media/2012/03/05/438209/hawaii-radio-affiliate-drops-limbaugh/

Dropped sponsors now number 12,with Allstate Insurance being the latest casualty. Very Happy

That's great!
Rush is learning a hard lesson...don't mess with women Shocked
I'm waiting for someone to organize the Million Slut March Very Happy
Back to top Go down
chuckmo48

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   3/5/2012, 9:49 pm

UrRight wrote:

When's the first or last time you ever used ProFlowers? People send bouquets of fresh fruit, now'days.

There will be 10 sponsors willing to take ProFlower's place. Never heard of the place, anyway. Did you, until now? Oh, wow!!!
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I use them all the time...actually I would like to post some correspondence I have had with them...
Quote :
Sent: Mar 5, 2012 3:45:13 PM
Subject: rush limbaugh
I was happy to read to that your company no longer advertises on that show. I appreciate that...I have a list of sponsors of that show and will make a concerted effort NOT TO purchase anything from those that continue to support that show!
Quote :
Thank you for contacting ProFlowers. We appreciate your email and thank you for openly expressing your opinions. Your feedback has been noted and will be shared with our team.
Best Regards
SUPPORT -
Customer Care
ProFlowers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   

Back to top Go down

Republicans War on Women
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum