Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Republicans War on Women

Go down 
+7
edge540
KarenT
UrRight
sparks
WhitingLib
Heretic
Artie60438
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
AuthorMessage
happy jack

Republicans War on Women - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 27 Empty10/12/2018, 9:00 am

Heretic wrote:
.... lower standards, apply here.

Those on the Left have most certainly applied the lowest standards imaginable - to themselves - in this huge joke of a process.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 27 Empty10/12/2018, 9:13 am

Heretic wrote:

Quote :
FBI Director Christopher Wray told the Senate on Wednesday that the White House put limits on the re-opened investigation into Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, but the law enforcement chief insisted that the process used was a typical one.

Actual adults had to step in at some point. If they hadn't, the Lefties would still be running around in circles waving the 'Oh, yeah!?!? But what about boofing!?!?' flag.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 27 Empty10/12/2018, 9:30 am

I wrote:
I wrote:
I'm fine with just one "free reign" investigation Trump promised us.

Just to be clear, is that what you're saying this investigation was?

happy jack wrote:
Actual adults had to step in at some point.

I guess that's a yes, then. Laughing
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 27 Empty10/12/2018, 11:01 am

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/feinstein-releases-cryptic-statement-about-brett-kavanaugh-nomination-amid-intrigue-over-secret-letter

According to a report by The Intercept, the letter was relayed to lawmakers by an individual affiliated with Stanford University and concerns an incident involving the 53-year-old Kavanaugh and a woman while they were in high school. According to two officials who spoke anonymously with the New York Times, the incident involved possible sexual misconduct between Kavanaugh and the woman.
The letter reportedly was given to Feinstein by Rep. Anna Eshoo, D-Calif., but has not been publicly disclosed by senators who have seen the document. Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., said that the letter in question has been referred to the FBI for investigation.
Two sources familiar with the matter tell Fox News that Feinstein has had possession of the letter regarding Kavanaugh since July. Feinstein met privately with Kavanaugh on August 20 and also questioned him repeatedly in open and closed session during the Judiciary Committee hearings on his nomination last week. There is no indication that the matter came up in either the private meeting or the closed committee session.
The FBI conducts background checks on all major government appointees, including Supreme Court nominees.
“Upon receipt of the information on the night of September 12, we included it as part of Judge Kavanaugh’s background file, as per the standard process,” the FBI said in a statement. Fox News has learned that the White House would have to request that the bureau follow up on the letter for the matter to be investigated further. It was not clear whether the White House had done so as of Thursday evening.
The woman referenced in the letter has yet to be identified, but is being represented by Debra Katz, a whistleblower attorney who works with #MeToo survivors, according to The Intercept.

For the sake of clarity, let us get something straight.
As of September 13th, the woman had yet to be identified, but Dick Durbin claimed, 'the letter in question has been referred to the FBI for investigation.'
Pay close attention, because there is a big question here: Why was it acceptable to refer the letter to the FBI on
or around September 13th, while the woman was still unidentified, yet it was wrong to refer the letter to the FBI on July 30th, while the woman was still unidentified?
Timing, anyone?
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 27 Empty10/12/2018, 2:28 pm

Already answered.

Like half a dozen times already. Jesus fuck, you're lazy...
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 27 Empty10/12/2018, 2:51 pm

So, here's a question. You've certainly gone to bat for him like he's the Second Coming, martyr and all. Are you happy this guy was confirmed? Why him over literally anyone else?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 27 Empty10/12/2018, 6:53 pm

Heretic wrote:
Already answered.

Like half a dozen times already. Jesus fuck, you're lazy...

If you can show precisely where in the testimony this question was satisfactorily answered (and no, merely providing a link for the whole goddam transcript does not count), I will have no problem admitting that I am wrong.

happy jack wrote:
As of September 13th, the woman had yet to be identified, but Dick Durbin claimed, 'the letter in question has been referred to the FBI for investigation.'
Pay close attention, because there is a big question here: Why was it acceptable to refer the letter to the FBI on
or around September 13th, while the woman was still unidentified, yet it was wrong to refer the letter to the FBI on July 30th, while the woman was still unidentified?
Timing, anyone?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 27 Empty10/12/2018, 7:02 pm

Heretic wrote:
So, here's a question. You've certainly gone to bat for him like he's the Second Coming, martyr and all. Are you happy this guy was confirmed?  Why him over literally anyone else?

I didn't go to bat specifically for Kavanaugh. In fact, I had never even heard of the guy until he was nominated. But it didn't matter if the nominee was Kavanaugh, or if the nominee was Gandhi Jesus Mother Teresa Buddha. The Left was undoubtedly going to react to and treat any nominee the same way - childishly and atrociously, as has been clearly demonstrated.
Tell me - which of any other of Trump's possible nominees would you have found acceptable?
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 27 Empty10/12/2018, 7:09 pm

happy jack wrote:

via GIPHY

Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 27 Empty10/12/2018, 7:15 pm

Quote :
The Left was undoubtedly going to react to and treat any nominee the same way...

'Cept we didn't with Gorsuch. So you're either too high or too stupid to continue this conversation.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 27 Empty10/12/2018, 7:29 pm

Heretic wrote:
happy jack wrote:

via GIPHY

OK, so you have no answer.
Why not just say so straight out?
It would certainly be much less time-consuming than searching the Web for cartoons.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 27 Empty10/12/2018, 7:37 pm

Heretic wrote:
Quote :
The Left was undoubtedly going to react to and treat any nominee the same way...

'Cept we didn't with Gorsuch.  So you're either too high or too stupid to continue this conversation.

Gorsuch replaced Scalia - there was little appreciable change to the ideological composition of the court, so the overall stakes were negligible. Those on the Left didn't want to tip their hand prematurely - they had to stockpile and conserve all their crazy until the time came for a nominee of consequence.
Hence the lunatic reaction to Kavanaugh.
All cleared up?
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 27 Empty10/12/2018, 7:55 pm

Heretic wrote:
happy jack wrote:

via GIPHY

That is fucking awesome!
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 27 Empty10/12/2018, 7:59 pm

This is worth watching...

Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 27 Empty10/12/2018, 8:06 pm

Scorpion wrote:
Heretic wrote:
happy jack wrote:

via GIPHY

That is fucking awesome!

Man!
That is fucking awesome!
It is almost as fucking awesome as the answer Heretic gave when I axed him this:

happy jack wrote:
If you can show precisely where in the testimony this question was satisfactorily answered (and no, merely providing a link for the whole goddam transcript does not count), I will have no problem admitting that I am wrong.

happy jack wrote:
Timing, anyone?

Oh .... wait .... never mind.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 27 Empty10/13/2018, 11:24 am

happy jack wrote:
Gorsuch replaced Scalia - there was little appreciable change to the ideological composition of the court, so the overall stakes were negligible.

He also wasn't a demonstrable liar and accused of rape.

Small but important differences.

happy jack wrote:
Tell me - which of any other of Trump's possible nominees would you have found acceptable?

Anyone that wasn't a liar or prone to batshit, partisan conspiracy theories like Kavanaugh.  I'd disagree with them along ideological lines, most likely, but I wouldn't be as worried about them as I am Kavanaugh.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 27 Empty10/14/2018, 3:04 pm

Heretic wrote:

happy jack wrote:

Anyone that wasn't a liar or prone to batshit, partisan conspiracy theories like Kavanaugh.  I'd disagree with them along ideological lines, most likely, but I wouldn't be as worried about them as I am Kavanaugh.

OK. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 27 Empty10/20/2018, 4:28 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/news/york-witches-aim-hex-supreme-courts-brett-kavanaugh-010926105.html

New York witches aim hex at Supreme Court's Brett Kavanaugh despite death threats

By Gabriella Borter
Reuters•October 20, 2018

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Melissa Madara was not surprised to receive death threats on Friday as her Brooklyn witchcraft store prepared to host a public hexing of newly confirmed U.S. Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh this weekend.
The planned casting of an anti-Kavanaugh spell, one of the more striking instances of politically disgruntled Americans turning to the supernatural when frustrated by democracy, has drawn backlash from some Christian groups but support from like-minded witch covens.
"It gives the people who are seeking agency a little bit of chance to have that back," Madara said. The ritual was scheduled to be livestreamed on Facebook and Instagram at 8 p.m. EDT on Saturday (1200 GMT Sunday).
Seated at a desk phone among bird skulls and crystal balls at Catland Books, the occult shop she co-owns, Madara said the Kavanaugh hex is expected to be the most popular event the store has hosted since its 2013 opening, including spells aimed at President Donald Trump. Madara declined to provide details of what the latest ritual will entail.

Finally - liberals acting rationally!!!!
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 27 Empty10/20/2018, 6:34 pm

Heretic wrote:

happy jack wrote:

Leftists certainly (and desperately) need control of the Supreme Court, don't they?
Their warped philosophies and policies will never fly through legislation or referenda because, believe it or not, the majority of Americans are not nearly as stupid as the Left and the media make them out to be.
So the Left must seek to rule by fiat, and a stacked court in their favor is the only chance they have.
Looks like it might be a while, however.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 27 Empty10/20/2018, 6:37 pm

They must be responsible for the 30 ft tall demon.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 27 Empty10/20/2018, 6:40 pm

happy jack wrote:
Their warped philosophies and policies will never fly through legislation or referenda because, believe it or not, the majority of Americans are not nearly as stupid as the Left and the media make them out to be.

Most of America supports liberal and progressive policies. Science supports most of them, too. Republicans know this, hence the open voter suppression efforts.

As always, you're grasping at straws with these vapid, useless generalities.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 27 Empty10/20/2018, 6:46 pm

It might be more helpful if you explain what "warped philosophies and policies" you are referring to first.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 27 Empty10/20/2018, 6:55 pm

Heretic wrote:

Most of America supports liberal and progressive policies.

Then may I presume that you would be in favor of allowing individual states to legislatively set their own policies on - well, just as an example - the legality of abortion?
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 27 Empty10/20/2018, 6:57 pm

Why is that? Why do you presume to think that I would support letting the states decide women should have less rights, let alone any group?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 27 Empty10/20/2018, 7:09 pm

Heretic wrote:
Why is that?  Why do you presume to think that I would support letting the states decide women should have less rights, let alone any group?

If, as you claim, that "most of America supports liberal and progressive policies", I would think that you would trust the judgment of the American people to decide whether or not women should not have "less rights" (sic).
Right?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 27 Empty

Back to top Go down

Republicans War on Women
Page 27 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next