Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Intelligence Study Links Low I.Q. To Prejudice, Racism, Conservatism

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Artie60438

PostSubject: Intelligence Study Links Low I.Q. To Prejudice, Racism, Conservatism   2/2/2012, 10:43 pm

Duh!
Quote :
Are racists dumb? Do conservatives tend to be less intelligent than liberals? A provocative new study from Brock University in Ontario suggests the answer to both questions may be a qualified yes.

The study, published in Psychological Science, showed that people who score low on I.Q. tests in childhood are more likely to develop prejudiced beliefs and socially conservative politics in adulthood
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Intelligence Study Links Low I.Q. To Prejudice, Racism, Conservatism   2/4/2012, 6:14 am

I think this is something liberals already know. How about a study that shows liberals have a better sense of humor too?
Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: Intelligence Study Links Low I.Q. To Prejudice, Racism, Conservatism   2/4/2012, 9:22 am

Conservatives have a sense of humor????
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Intelligence Study Links Low I.Q. To Prejudice, Racism, Conservatism   2/4/2012, 10:19 am

KarenT wrote:
A priest, a rabbi, and an imam walk into a bar ....
Back to top Go down
paul87920

PostSubject: Re: Intelligence Study Links Low I.Q. To Prejudice, Racism, Conservatism   2/5/2012, 3:09 am

happy jack wrote:
KarenT wrote:
A priest, a rabbi, and an imam walk into a bar ....

Sounds pretty painful.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Intelligence Study Links Low I.Q. To Prejudice, Racism, Conservatism   2/6/2012, 10:24 pm

sparks wrote:
I think this is something liberals already know. How about a study that shows liberals have a better sense of humor too?

I don't know about better, but they do have a hard time distinguishing satire from reality. There was that study from a while back that showed they didn't realize the Colbert Report was a fake show. And now there's a similar instance with a news story from the Onion:

Quote :
Congressman Falls for The Onion's Planned Parenthood 'Abortionplex' Story

Meet John Fleming, the unfortunate Republican U.S. Representative from Louisiana who made that wonderful and all-too-common mistake of thinking that an Onion article was real and telling his Facebook followers to read it. Fleming's Facebook status was posted by Literally Unbelievable, a Tumblr that collects images of Facebookers who think Onion satires are the real deal and post them on their walls.

Not terribly surprising. So little of their arguments are based on facts, logic, or reason, so it goes without saying that at some point they're going to have a hard time differentiating their own bullshit from others. Add to that Poe's Law, and they're at an even bigger disadvantage.
Back to top Go down
chuckmo48

PostSubject: Re: Intelligence Study Links Low I.Q. To Prejudice, Racism, Conservatism   2/7/2012, 7:37 pm

Heretic wrote:
sparks wrote:

I don't know about better, but they do have a hard time distinguishing satire from reality. There was that study from a while back that showed they didn't realize the Colbert Report was a fake show. And now there's a similar instance with a news story from the Onion

Quote :
Congressman Falls for The Onion's Planned Parenthood 'Abortionplex' Story
Heard about it yesterday...laughed my ass off!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Intelligence Study Links Low I.Q. To Prejudice, Racism, Conservatism   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Nation/Other :: Nation/World-
Jump to: