Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The horror.... the horror ....

Go down 
+5
chuckmo48
Heretic
UrRight
paul87920
KarenT
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Artie60438

The horror.... the horror .... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   The horror.... the horror .... - Page 4 Empty5/13/2013, 2:57 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
The ability to understand English is part of the job requirement. If they cannot uphold their end of the bargain, then they are not qualified to work there in the first place, and they have no case.
Then how do you explain how they got the job in the first place. How did she fill out the job application and communicate verbally with whoever hired her?

[b]If they could have done that, they could have understood the signs.
Right?
You didn't answer the question I posed. Until you do Sleep

I don't have the information necessary to answer your question, and I never claimed to have such information.
Typical

Again, I don't have the information necessary to answer the question.
Do you?
If so, please enlighten me.

Artie60438 wrote:
Then how do you explain how they got the job in the first place. How did she fill out the job application and communicate verbally with whoever hired her?

Do you fully comprehend how totally fucking stupid your question is?
I guarantee you that question will be a huge patf of the issue.
Quote :
Do you feel that it is incumbent upon me to hang out in Denver employment offices and peek over the shoulders of non-English-speaking job seekers while they fill out their job applications?
Sorry,I forgot that you lack basic common sense.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   The horror.... the horror .... - Page 4 Empty5/13/2013, 4:01 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
The ability to understand English is part of the job requirement. If they cannot uphold their end of the bargain, then they are not qualified to work there in the first place, and they have no case.

[b]If they could have done that, they could have understood the signs.
Right?
You didn't answer the question I posed. Until you do Sleep

I don't have the information necessary to answer your question, and I never claimed to have such information.
Typical

Again, I don't have the information necessary to answer the question.
Do you?
If so, please enlighten me.

Artie60438 wrote:

Do you fully comprehend how totally fucking stupid your question is?
I guarantee you that question will be a huge patf of the issue.
Quote :
Do you feel that it is incumbent upon me to hang out in Denver employment offices and peek over the shoulders of non-English-speaking job seekers while they fill out their job applications?
Sorry,I forgot that you lack basic common sense.

WTF are you even talking about?
If you would start making some sense, we might be able to discuss this.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   The horror.... the horror .... - Page 4 Empty5/25/2013, 2:46 pm

Fake Outrage of the Day: Obama Fails to Salute Marine!
Quote :
There go the idiots again

So what’s the wingnut parrot’s chorus freaking out about today? A quick look at the right wing echo chamber reveals that they’re all lathered up about this idiotic story from Weekly Standard fake outrage peddler Daniel Halper:

OBAMA FAILS TO SALUTE MARINE! | the Weekly Standard

Under gray skies and intermittent drizzle, President Obama boarded Marine One at 9:30 a.m. EDT in an open press event.

A few White House regulars were atwitter (and on Twitter) when the President walked directly up the steps of Marine One without saluting the Marine on duty. He soon came out of the helicopter, walked down the steps, shook hands with the Marine and engaged in a brief conversation.

They’re all slobbering over this one: Jim Hoft, Dan Riehl, Doug Ross, Breitbart, the entire moron squad, all shrieking in unison about “OBAMA’S DISRESPECT FOR THE MILITARY!”

The fake story apparently originated with CBS’s Mark Knoller:

This right wing fake outrage has come up before, of course, and it doesn’t smell any better this time around. There is no “tradition” of Presidents saluting military members, and in fact it used to be considered against military protocol — until Ronnie Reagan decided to play soldier.

As David Alexander of Reuters noted in 2008:

Quote :
Reagan’s decision raised eyebrows at the time….

John Kline, then Reagan’s military aide and now a Minnesota congressman, advised him that it went against military protocol for presidents to return salutes.

Kline said in a 2004 op-ed piece in The Hill that Reagan ultimately took up the issue with Gen. Robert Barrow, then commandant of the Marine Corps.

Barrow told Reagan that as commander in chief of the armed forces, he was entitled to offer a salute — or any sign of respect he wished — to anyone he wished, Kline wrote.

Another day, another huge outbreak of idiocy in the right wing blogosphere.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   The horror.... the horror .... - Page 4 Empty6/5/2013, 3:01 pm

Obama Appoints Susan Rice as Security Advisor, Breitbart Commenters Spew Vile Racism
Quote :
“Breitbart News” consists of rewriting real news reports to be as biased to the right as possible, and today at the hate site that Andrew built they’re stirring up the rage again, after President Obama announced the appointment of Susan Rice as National Security Advisor:

‘LIAR’ REPLACES ‘LEAKER’: DONILON TO RESIGN, RICE TO TAKE OVER AS NSA ADVISOR!

That’s all the troglodytes who read this garbage need, as they spew hundreds of ugly comments full of outright racism, conspiracy theories, and calls for civil war. These are truly toxic people.

Quote :
The only thing that is going to save the USA is the deportation of all the illegal aliens and the election of a right wing president and Congress, anything else is just a delaying of the eventual destruction of the USA.

[…]

Maybe the president should step down and simply hand over his position to Rice as well. She obviously is a better liar than he is (Since she is being promoted). And she’s black (and a woman) which means she too can’t be criticized. Welcome to the bottom of the slippery slope people.

[…]

Why is anyone surprised by this? 1) She’s a female (I think), 2) She’s black, 3) She’s an American-hating communist, and 4) It’s another affirmative action appointed position that needs no confirmation.

[…]

Is there not ONE person in the Obama Administration or among his friends and advisors who is NOT a Rabid anti-Semite and lover of Muslims? ….. not even the elected Democratic congress? Someone?
It seems even they have a love affair with the One World Order that’s about to go into place.

I AM A FOREIGNER IN MY OWN COUNTRY

[…]

Soon we’ll all be ether a prisoner of dead.

[…]

If I were to die, I’ll take as many of my enemies down with me…. This is my allegiance… this is my oath to my country.

[…]

Bad behavior for this soviet occupied country is loyal behavior in the
reptile like cold eyes of this sinister smug alien enemy Spy.

[…]

Looks like Da Kingfish is operating under some kind of Equal Opportunity quota system. Nothing but spooks and fmails getting government jobs these days.

[…]

I am filling my garage with pitchforks, ax handles, name tags and American flags. Sooner or later we will March on Washington.

[…]

Sigh. I mean really, did anybody assume that the outcome of this charade would be any different? Rotating Leftist/Marxist/Muslim monsters. It would be a hoot if it weren’t so evil. The “fix” is in gang. This is no conspiracy theory, it’s right in out faces ladies and gentlemen. I know that I finally “manned-up” and started buying ammo and food storage products awhile back. And I hate that I have the gift of discernment. Thanks God! Congress is a “circular firing squad.” It took about the span of my 54
years for it to happen, but it has. No term limits, the internet (J. Edgar Hoover would have loved the technology) to spy on each other in Congress, monster lobbying groups and Beltway evil. Everybody is culpable in Congress, so nobody can truly get any legislation done without somebody going all “Chicago Way” on each other and pointing out a few of their past sins in order to get a vote through. Filibuster? You must be joking!!! That left the building with Jimmy Stewart in Mr. Smith Goes to Washington!! Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. I can guarantee that you can only count on one hand (if you are lucky) truly honest and critical thinking people in ANY arm of our government. Souls are easily bought in the dark halls of Congress. History is now repeating itself. America turned from God. We need to get our ducks in a row and be ready with pitchforks and shovels because no election will fix what is coming next. You know it and I know it. God is good, but he is fed up with us. We are now lying in the bed we made. Apathy is country killer and Satan is on the warpath. I will keep beating this dead horse until we actually have another Civil War. And do me a favor, don’t act surprised when it happens. Just be on the right side of God and the Constitution.

[…]

black jeebus delights in crapping on the country that made him gawd.

[…]

this woman is a pig.

[…]

This lying whore should be one of the kitchen help in Vladimir Putin’s kitchen! No sorry! She and Obama should be cleaning tables instead!

[…]

Obamas agenda is to spit in the face of true patriots in the hopes that we’ll rise up. Why do you think he’s acting like the typical n****r? He’s wanting a race war so he can clamp down on freedom. I know it sounds crazy, but why are things playing out the way they are? He acts stupid, but both he and his puppet masters are far from it.

Take a few minutes to look at things in that context and see if it makes sense. Obviously, don’t act on it, but be prepared to recognize sh!t when it starts to hit the fan.
lol!
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   The horror.... the horror .... - Page 4 Empty6/13/2013, 1:14 pm

affraidMike Huckabee Sad He Has To See Gays on TV

Mike Huckabee was joined by Concerned Women for America head Penny Nance yesterday to discuss CWA’s new campaign, Willing 2 Stand, designed to reach out to young people on their opposition to abortion rights and marriage equality. During most of the interview, Nance maintained that conservatives on college campuses were “bullied” and had trouble articulating their views on topics like gay rights.
The former governor and presidential candidate said that “every fear that people had” about the consequences of legalizing same-sex marriage “has in fact come true,” arguing that people have lost “their rights” in states with marriage equality.
Huckabee seemed especially sad that he now has to see “television commercials portraying same-sex couples” while textbooks are “forced” to mention gay marriage.
Quote :
The very thing that many people and I know CWA was a part of this, saying, this is why the legalization of same-sex marriage is going to be a much bigger issue than just saying we let people love whoever they want to love, that’s not the issue. Will it force businesses—of course everyone will say, oh no people still have their rights, but they don’t. And every fear that people had has in fact come true, that this is being forced in textbooks on how marriage is depicted, we’re now even seeing television commercials portraying same-sex couples, that’s something I guess I didn’t expect to see anytime soon.

- See more at: http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/mike-huckabee-sad-he-has-see-gays-tv#sthash.oVaiGCUC.dpuf
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   The horror.... the horror .... - Page 4 Empty10/25/2013, 5:16 pm

My, my.
I will have to watch myself from now on, lest I offend some whiny idiots.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/24/offensive-words-_n_4144472.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

These Words You Use Every Day Have Racist/Prejudiced Pasts, And You Had No Idea

When I was a kid, everyone used the phrase Indian giver. We didn't even think about it. We weren't reprimanded by teachers, either. Admittedly, I went to grade school in Texas.
To me, it seems odd that the phrase even still exists. At this point in history, we should all know that it is ridiculous to say that American Indians reneged on their promise to give European settlers land that they had never agreed to give in the first place.
While Indian giver might seem more obviously racist (you certainly wouldn't hear anyone using such a phrase in the office), there are plenty of other phrases that you might use every day that have racist/prejudice origins.
For example, did you know that Hip hip hooray! used to be a Nazi war cry used to invade the Jewish ghettoes during the Holocaust?
Word meanings and connotations change all the time. Over time, word origins are forgotten, and words and phrases that were previously taboo or offensive no longer carry the same weight. Does that mean that they're no longer offensive? It depends on how you look at language. Certainly, not many people know hip hip hooray's horrifying usage.
However, I still thought you might like to know where these come from.
Gyp:
The word "gyp" now means "to cheat or swindle." It is essentially a condensing of the word "gypsies," who throughout history have been stereotyped as a group that cheats and swindles people. Before the contemporary definition of "gypsy," which is essentially just a "nomadic person," "gypsy" was a slur used to refer to the Eastern European Romanies.
Ghetto:
Using "ghetto" as an adjective to mean "low class" has obvious racist origins. Technically, the current definition of "ghetto" (noun) is "a part of a city in which members of a particular group or race live usually in poor conditions." Whether intended or not, the user is essentially implying that minorities are low class.
Chinese whispers:
This phrase, meaning "inaccurately transmitted gossip" is more often used in the UK than the U.S. It actually originated as "Russian scandal" or "Russian gossip," but was later changed for unclear reasons. It is supposed that the origin of this phrase has something to do with the Chinese language being difficult to understand and/or translate. Regardless, it's probably better the refer to poorly transmitted gossip as "a game of Telephone."
Irish goodbye:
An Irish goodbye is another way of saying "a hasty exit without stopping to formally say 'goodbye' to anyone." It can also be known as a French exit. Or probably just "insert any country that your country has a problem with" exit. In France, it's called "filer à l'anglaise" (to leave the English way). At any rate, you might want to think before you use a phrase that stereotypes an entire nationality of people as being rude.
"Sold down the river:"
This phrase, meaning "betrayed" or "cheated" originated in the Mississippi River region during the American slave trade. "Troublesome" slaves would literally be sold down the river to southern Mississippi where the plantation conditions were much harsher.
Peanut galleries:
"Peanut galleries" (which now means "a source for hecklers," usually used in a joking manner) were the upper balconies that African-American people sat in in segregated theaters. They were also known by several even more derogatory names (which will not be shared here).
Uppity:
The word "uppity," a word beloved by conservative news pundits, originated as a word used by Southerners in reference to African-Americans that they deemed didn't know their place in society.
Hip hip hooray:
This comes from the German "hep hep," which was originally a shepherds' herding cry, so the origin itself was not racially charged. However, during the Holocaust, German citizens began using it as a rallying cry while hunting for Jewish people in the ghettoes. Its anti-Semitic usage even dates back to the 1819 riots (the "Hep-Hep Riots").
"Call a spade a spade:"
This is a particularly interesting example. The phrase, essentially meaning "to explicitly call something by its rightful name," entered the English language in 1542, and initially had absolutely no racial connotation whatsoever. It referred to the gardening tool. It wasn't until the late 1920s that "spade" changed from referring to the gardening tool to being a slur towards African-Americans (its first public appearance as such was in Claude McKay's 1928 book "Home to Harlem"). In the fourth edition of "The American Language," Wolfgang Mieder notes that the word "spade" (among others) "will give deep offense if used by nonblacks."

Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   The horror.... the horror .... - Page 4 Empty3/7/2014, 11:06 am

Yes, we must celebrate diversity.
(But, shhhh….  don’t you dare acknowledge that people are actually different.)

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2014/03/06/mcdaniel-college-probes-cmt-vs-bet-event/

McDaniel College Probes ‘CMT Versus BET’ Event

March 6, 2014 11:59 PM

WESTMINSTER, Md. (WJZ) — Controversy on campus. A fraternity and sorority at McDanielCollege  are under fire after allegations of ethnic stereotyping during a party.
Mike Hellgren explains why the party’s theme is upsetting so many.
It has generated heated debate both on and off campus and could result in anything from a warning for the fraternity and sorority involved to the loss of their charters.
A fraternity and sorority at McDaniel College are under investigation after holding a party in January with the theme “Country Music Television versus Black Entertainment Television.”
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   The horror.... the horror .... - Page 4 Empty5/1/2014, 12:57 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/01/opinion/when-black-hair-is-against-the-rules.html?ref=opinion&_r=0

When Black Hair Is Against the Rules

By AYANA BYRD and LORI L. THARPSAPRIL 30, 2014

AMERICA has always had trouble with black hair. The United States Army is only the latest in a long line of institutions, corporations and schools to restrict it. On March 31, the Army released an updated appearance and grooming policy, known as AR 670-1. It applies to all Army personnel, including students at West Point and those serving in the R.O.T.C. and the National Guard.
No distinctions are made for race or ethnicity, only gender, in that the regulations regarding hair are divided between women and men. But it’s not hard to infer that certain sections pertain specifically to black women, since they refer to hairstyles like cornrows, braids, twists and dreadlocks, severely limiting or banning them outright.

White women are not allowed to wear their hair in these styles, either.

The argument isn’t that the Army does not have the right to enforce a conservative code — this is the Army, after all — but that it must consider the diversity of hair textures.

No, the army is under no obligation to “consider the diversity of hair textures”. That is not the function of the U.S. Army.
WTF is wrong with these people?

………

The current policy is the equivalent of a black majority military telling its thousands of white soldiers that they are required to have dreadlocks or Afros.  

No, it’s not. The current policy is that the army tells its soldiers what to do, and the soldiers shut up and obey orders. Without that policy in place, armies do not function.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   The horror.... the horror .... - Page 4 Empty5/1/2014, 4:22 pm

happy jack wrote:

No, it’s not. The current policy is that the army tells its soldiers what to do, and the soldiers shut up and obey orders. Without that policy in place, armies do not function.
Yeah well, all that's true....but...
 What's the problem with cornrows, braids, twists and dreadlocks?

I don't see the problem.
The horror.... the horror .... - Page 4 O-BO-DEREK-570
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   The horror.... the horror .... - Page 4 Empty5/1/2014, 6:08 pm

edge540 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

Yeah well, all that's true....but...
 What's the problem with cornrows, braids, twists and dreadlocks?

I don't see the problem.
The horror.... the horror .... - Page 4 O-BO-DEREK-570

I don't see the problem, either.
Wonder what their policy is regarding camel toe.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   The horror.... the horror .... - Page 4 Empty5/12/2014, 1:25 pm

http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/17401/

ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT TACO BARS DEEMED OFFENSIVE, FACE CAMPUS EXTINCTION

by JENNIFER KABBANY - ASSOCIATE EDITOR on MAY 12, 2014

Every year across the nation, several Pi Beta Phi sorority chapters hostall-you-can-eat “Pi Phiesta” taco bar fundraisers at their respective campuses to raise money for charity.
But that longstanding tradition, typically held around Cinco de Mayo, is in jeopardy.
In the past few weeks, pressure from a handful of Latino students at two high-profile universities who complained the events are offensive prompted dramatic changes to two “Pi Phiesta” fundraisers.
At Dartmouth College, the fundraiser was cancelled outright, and at Stanford University, the sorority girls scrapped their Mexican themed “Pi Phiesta” for a summery, ocean-themed one, although they still served tacos.
The Dartmouth situation created national headlines, while the quick switcheroo at Stanford took place much more quietly.
Nevertheless, the future of “Pi Phiesta” fundraisers across the nation hang in the balance as the charitable tradition faces increased scrutiny from the politically correct campus police.
C’mon – how long before the directive comes down from the Pi Beta Phi national headquarters with an “ixnay on the iestaphey.” They don’t want or need the bad press or flack on campuses, and will probably figure: Why bother?
(Editor’s note: A Pi Beta Phi spokeswoman contacted The College Fix on Monday morning to clarify the Dartmouth Pi Phiesta was not affiliated with their group, it doesn’t have a chapter there, and also said “while a couple of Pi Beta Phi chapters have held Pi Phiesta fundraisers, that theme is not recommended and only a few of our 136 chapters host one.” So I guess the smackdown on the theme has already taken place.)
The real losers, however, are the nonprofit efforts these events help support; all-you-can-eat taco bars get lots of warm bodies through the doors.
These particular sorority charity events are hardly offensive, and if anything – they celebrate and honor Mexican heritage.
A YouTube video of a “Pi Phiesta” taco night last year shows a bunch of students stuffing their faces with tacos, smiling, and raising a wad of cash for literacy causes.
In the pictures on various Pi Beta Phi websites, one might see an occasional sombrero-donned student or some maracas among the bright yellow-orange decorations and neon-colored T-Shirts; hardly offensive.
The fact that this is for charity and done without malicious intent is apparently of no consequence to the handful of aggrieved militant Latino students on campuses with a machete to grind.
They accuse such events of “cultural appropriation” – defined by the Stanford Daily as “actions that trivialize aspects of a culture by not respecting a custom’s symbolic significance or the history of a style of dress or other artifact.”
If that’s the case, maybe piñatas should be outlawed across America – because who cares about the glee those little twerps experience when they have candy rain down on them like Niagara Falls? They’re appropriating Mexican culture for their own joy, and for shame.
In the same vein, that 21-year-old female student who throws on a sombrero and serves up tacos to raise money to help an inner-city child learn how to read should be told what an insensitive twit she is.
PUT THE TACO DOWN, NOW!
Oh, the plight of the Latino college student. They face so much bigotry.
Give me a break.
This whole white-people-who-celebrate-Cinco-de-Mayo-are-a-bunch-of-ignorant-and-offensive-buffoons movement is absolutely ridiculous and completely out of control.
During this most recent Cinco de Mayo observance, not only did these “Pi Phiestas” get derailed, but:
A sign at UCLA this month offered students a guide to a “racist-free Cinco de Mayo,” advice that included warning students not to speak their shoddy high school Spanish on the day.
At North Carolina State University, its dining services officials had to apologize for handing out “offensive” chocolate mustaches for dessert on Cinco de Mayo.
A similar kerfuffle also occurred at the University of Maryland after two Latino students were offended when the university’s dining services staff voluntarily wore fake mustaches and sombreros during its Cinco de Mayo dinner.
And circling back to Stanford, more sombrero-wearing dining staff raised angst.
It’s just the latest in an established trend on campuses.
The irony of this whole situation is – Latino students should be careful for what they wish for, because they just might get it.
Imagine May 5 on campus with no tacos, no sombreros, no mention of anything Mexican at all. Head into the cafeteria and be greeted with spaghetti and meatballs and Foo Fighters playing on the stereo.
They’re whitewashing their own observance.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   The horror.... the horror .... - Page 4 Empty5/12/2014, 4:25 pm

If there's one thing about jack, he certainly has a knack for posting inane nonsense.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   The horror.... the horror .... - Page 4 Empty5/12/2014, 5:46 pm

edge540 wrote:
If there's one thing about jack, he certainly has a knack for posting inane nonsense.
Yep and it usually involves race or ethnicity. Go figure.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   The horror.... the horror .... - Page 4 Empty5/13/2014, 9:04 am

edge540 wrote:

Yes, outlawing all-you-can-eat taco bars is quite a chunk of inane nonsense, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   The horror.... the horror .... - Page 4 Empty5/13/2014, 9:06 am

Artie60438 wrote:
edge540 wrote:
Yep and it usually involves race or ethnicity. Go figure.

Involves race or ethnicity?
Like this?

Artie60438 wrote:
Former George Zimmerman defender now says he was guilty, racially profiled black men
Quote :
A former friend and neighbor of George Zimmerman, who had previously defended the man accused of stalking and killing 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, has had a change of heart, stating that he believes that Zimmerman got away with murder.

Frank Taafe, who served on the neighborhood watch with Zimmerman, told News13 he believes Martin was racially profiled by Zimmerman and would not have been followed if he “had been a white kid on a cell phone.”

“What I know of George and his tendencies and also my opinion is that he racially profiled Trayvon Martin that night because if that had been a white kid on a cell phone, walking through our neighborhood, he wouldn’t have stayed on him the way he did and that’s a fact and I believe that in my heart,” said Taaffe.

A jury found Zimmerman not guilty of second-degree murder in Trayvon’s death after he followed the teenager despite being instructed not to do so by a police dispatcher, and shot him at close range during a struggle with Zimmerman claiming he feared for his life.

Taafe, a frequent guest on television up to and during the Zimmerman trial defending both his former friend and the Stand You Ground law that figured into the case,  had previously stated that Zimmerman did not profile people.

“George did not surveil just one group of people,” Taaffe said at the time. “You’re asking if George profiled one group of people in my mind. And George looked at the whole landscape when he surveilled our property. It just so happened that the prior eight burglaries were perpetrated by young black males.”

According to Taafe, recent tragedies in his own life made him reconsider his opinion and feel the need to apologize for his earlier stalwart defense of Zimmerman .

“I can only ask for the country to forgive me and today I believe that he racially profiled him based on the color of his skin. Reporter: Some people may wonder what does Frank Taaffe have to gain by doing this?”  Taffe explained.  “Are you working on a book? No book. A TV show? No. I’m just working on me right now and getting right with God.”

Taafe also expressed his condolences to Trayvon Martin’s parents, saying, “I’m sorry that you lost your son, I know what that’s like and I wish things had been different.”
No one paying any attention to you anymore? Shocked

Go figure.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   The horror.... the horror .... - Page 4 Empty5/13/2014, 4:00 pm

happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:

Yes, outlawing all-you-can-eat taco bars is quite a chunk of inane nonsense, isn't it?

Yes indeed it is, sorry that you're losing sleep over it.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   The horror.... the horror .... - Page 4 Empty5/15/2014, 4:19 am

edge540 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:

Yes indeed it is, sorry that you're losing sleep over it.

I sleep just fine.
The people who want to ban taco bars seem to be the ones who are losing sleep.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   The horror.... the horror .... - Page 4 Empty6/4/2014, 9:37 am

How can those with a conscience sleep when things like this are going on in the world?

Baker forced to make gay wedding cakes, undergo sensitivity training, after losing lawsuit

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/06/03/baker-forced-to-make-gay-wedding-cakes-undergo-sensitivity-training-after/
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   The horror.... the horror .... - Page 4 Empty6/4/2014, 3:45 pm

So hard to be a bigot these days.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   The horror.... the horror .... - Page 4 Empty6/4/2014, 5:34 pm

Meanwhile, the bullying tactics of the militant gay rights community have not hampered the bakery’s bottom line. They’ve gotten so much business from the sales of cookies and brownies, they’ve temporarily stopped making wedding cakes.

Let's see what the LGBT community will try to do about this.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   The horror.... the horror .... - Page 4 Empty7/15/2014, 9:15 am

What a Supreme Dick.

http://michellemalkin.com/

Eric Holder’s US Justice Dept. investigates Nebraska farmer’s possible abuse of power

By Doug Powers  •  July 14, 2014 02:47 PM
**Written by Doug Powers

If you’ve been asking for a Justice Department to get involved in the IRS scandal, well, that’s just not going to happen. That is, unless Lois Lerner’s “missing” emails somehow ended up in a mock outhouse on this parade float:

The DOJ was fast and furious in responding to complaints, and a representative was dispatched to Nebraska to investigate this egregious abuse of power:

The U.S. Department of Justice has sent a member of its Community Relations Service team to investigate a Nebraska parade float that criticized President Obama.
A Fourth of July parade float featured at the annual Independence Day parade in Norfolk sparked criticism when it depicted a zombie-like figure resembling Mr. Obama standing outside an outhouse, which was labeled the “Obama Presidential Library.”

Was the First Amendment updated to specify Americans “can’t make fun of the president” the day Obama entered office? Thanks to Lois Lerner, at least we know the Fifth Amendment is still fully intact.

http://www.examiner.com/article/racist-parade-float-under-investigation-by-the-doj-obama-s-america

'Racist' parade float under investigation by the DOJ, Obama's America?

July 11, 2014
Only in Obama’s America would a parade float representing political satire warrant an investigation from the Department of Justice, but that’s exactly what’s happening.
On Independence Day of this year, a local farmer in Nebraskadrove his float, which was an outhouse with a zombie in front of it bearing the words “Obama Presidential Library,” in his town’s parade and drew the ire of the Nebraska Democratic Party. Their response was that the float was among “worst shows of racism and disrespect for the office of the presidency that Nebraska has ever seen.”
When the NDP got involved it drew the attention of the NAACP, who then lodged a complaint with Obama’s Justice Department. The DOJ then contacted the town’s mayor and demanded a meeting with him and city administrators prior to meeting with representative of the NAACP and parade organizers.
The reason for all involved parties to come together for a meeting? So that they could draft a “plan to reevaluate the policies for what is allowed in the parade.”
Oddly enough, those who actually bothered to ask the creator of the float what the meaning behind it was, found that the zombie was intended to represent a victim of the VA scandal. However this doesn’t seem to matter to the DOJ, who’s more concerned with stifling free speech than they are upholding the law.
“The DOJ apparently told the city it had received concerns, including from the NAACP, regarding the float,” KMTVreported.
Those “concerns” haven’t been identified yet, however since there was no criminal wrongdoing or malicious activity we can assume what the real problem is - the fact that anybody dared make fun of our dearest leader in such a public manner, and anybody who does so will be immediately identified as “racist” and publicly shamed.
Where were all of these people when Bush was hanged in effigy, photo shopped to look like Satan, etc.?
Their silence was deafening then.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/382710/free-countries-mock-their-presidents-charles-c-w-cooke

In a typically risible statement, Nebraska’s state Democratic party described the incident as one of the “worst shows of racism and disrespect for the office of the presidency that Nebraska has ever seen.” That this is almost certainly true demonstrates just how much progress the United States has made in the last 50 years — and, in consequence, how extraordinarily difficult the professionally aggrieved are finding it to fill their quotas. If a fairly standard old saw is among the worst things to have happened to the Cornhusker State in recent memory, the country is in rather good shape, n’est-ce pas?
Exactly what it was about the float that rendered it “racist” was, of course, never explained. Instead, the assertion was merely thrown into the ether, ready to be accepted uncritically by the legions of righteously indignant keyboard warriors that lurk around social media as piranhas around a fresh carcass. But, for future reference at least, it would be nice to have the details of the offense unpacked. Are outhouses racist now? Are zombies? Or was it perhaps the overalls in which the zombie was dressed? Moreover, if any of these are now redolent of something sinister, at what point was this association held to be operative? A popular cartoon from 2006 depicted a latrine standing in the middle of the desert, on its outer wall the words “Bush Presidential Library.” Was this “racist,” or is this one of those timeless truths that were only discovered in 2009?
………
The float’s maker has insisted that the zombie represented himself and not the president. “I’ve got my bibs on, my walker, I’m covering my ears and I’m turning a bit green; I intended it to look like a zombie who has had enough,” he explained. Unsurprisingly, the NAACP didn’t buy it. “Looking at the float, that message absolutely did not come through,” the president of the outfit’s Iowa and Nebraska chapters griped. Fair enough. Arguendo, let’s presume that some of the spectators misunderstood the piece and believed that the president of the United States was being compared to a toilet-dwelling zombie. Again: Who cares? Are we now so hopelessly epicene that we expect federally funded conflict-resolution teams to swoop in on the hinterlands if the locals mutter too loudly about the government? I rather hope that we are not.
………
“To learn who rules over you,” Voltaire suggested, “simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.” Is Barack Obama to be a ruler?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   The horror.... the horror .... - Page 4 Empty8/4/2014, 11:10 am

Perhaps only Greeks should be hired to teach Euclidean geometry.

http://www.fresnobee.com/2014/07/28/4044162/southwest-fresno-leaders-criticize.html

Southwest Fresno leaders criticize hiring of white teacher for Gaston school's cultural studies

BY HANNAH FURFARO

The Fresno BeeJuly 28, 2014

With just weeks before the new Rutherford B. Gaston Middle School opens in southwest Fresno, community and church leaders are calling on Fresno Unified School District to reconsider its hiring of a white teacher to instruct African-American, Latino and Southeast Asian studies there.
At an early morning news conference Monday, a small group of concerned citizens led by Rev. Karen Crozier met in front of the school on Church Avenue and Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard.
People at the gathering said the new school, which is the first southwest Fresno middle school in decades, needs teachers who reflect the ethnic and racial background of its students.
Crozier and others were dismayed to learn the person hired to teach the school's three cultural studies classes is white. District officials initially considered hiring a teacher of color, she said, but ultimately hired Peter Beck, a former teacher at Hoover High School.
"We're just saying what the community wants. We didn't fight for a white male or female teacher to educate our babies," Crozier said. "We still are at these racial fault lines, and we want someone who will be able to think critically about those racial fault lines and how do we help heal, to restore the problems that have existed."
District spokeswoman Micheline Golden did not confirm any details about who the district interviewed for the position.
But she said Beck was the best pick for the job and one of only four teachers in Fresno Unified with experience teaching the three cultural studies classes he'll be responsible for at Gaston.
He has a decade of experience teaching Latino Studies courses and two years of experience teaching African-American courses, Golden said. Beck also has led Hoover's Men's Alliance for four years, a leadership class for at-risk teens. Golden did not know how many years Beck has taught Southeast Asian studies classes.
"We are always looking at the best, most experienced, most qualified who can provide the best education for our young people," she said.
Golden didn't directly answer questions about whether the district made any efforts to hire teachers from ethnic or racial minority backgrounds, but said job candidates are evaluated based on their experience, certifications and education.

Idiots.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   The horror.... the horror .... - Page 4 Empty8/4/2014, 2:16 pm

Speaking of idiots...

GOP Congressman Accuses Democrats Of Waging A 'War On Whites'
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/04/mo-brooks-war-on-whites_n_5647967.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   The horror.... the horror .... - Page 4 Empty8/4/2014, 7:13 pm

edge540 wrote:
Speaking of idiots...

GOP Congressman Accuses Democrats Of Waging A 'War On Whites'
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/04/mo-brooks-war-on-whites_n_5647967.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592
You know you're in cuckooville when even Hate radio host Laura Ingraham isn't buying what you're selling and says to you
Congressman, don’t you think . . . that characterization is a little out there.
Move over Louie Gohmert & Michelle Bachman.....there's a new crazy in town! cheers
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   The horror.... the horror .... - Page 4 Empty8/5/2014, 7:55 am

The GOP has an endless supply of morons.
We should be proud.

Indiana Congressman says immigrant kids might have Ebola
http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/indiana-congressman-says-immigrant-kids-might-have-ebola/article_6cd84d69-3909-50d7-aa64-cc211b491795.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   The horror.... the horror .... - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The horror.... the horror ....
Page 4 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Nation/Other :: Nation/World-
Jump to: