Let Freedom Reign!


 
HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 The horror.... the horror ....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9360

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   10/13/2014, 6:58 pm

happy jack wrote:

[b]So why are you so worked up over it now?
What has changed, other than the fact that a Republican holds that view rather than a Democrat?
It's become a front and center issue. These things take time. Just like the issue that's building that it's time for the Wash Redskins to change their logo. As Edge said,Too bad the loons you vote for are stuck on stupid.
Artie60438 wrote:
As long as he doesn't claim that he talks to fictional characters or supposed deities like "god",We're good.
dumber than a box of rocks wrote:
[b]What do you think he does in church, if not pray, which means that he is quite clearly talking to what you claim to be “fictional characters or supposed deities like "god"”?
Or is he faking it much in the same way he was apparently faking his opposition to gay marriage in order to garner votes?
You think every person that goes to church believes the scientifically impossible nonsense they're fed? You're even dumber than I thought! Do you still believe in Santa Claus too?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5956

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   10/13/2014, 7:19 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
   You think every person that goes to church believes the scientifically impossible nonsense they're fed?



No, I think that some of the people who go to church don’t believe anything at all about what is being preached, and that they go to church merely as a show, for dishonest, phony, self-serving and, in the case of people like Barry and Hillary, political purposes.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9360

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   10/13/2014, 9:44 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
   You think every person that goes to church believes the scientifically impossible nonsense they're fed?
[b]No, I think that some of the people who go to church don’t believe anything at all about what is being preached, and that they go to church merely as a show, for dishonest, phony, self-serving and, in the case of people like Barry and Hillary, political purposes.
That may or may not be true,but at least they don't claim to be getting messages from supernatural deities that don't freakin exist like the your candidates do.
‘God Told Me to Run’: Analyzing the Divine Calling to Run for President
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5956

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   10/15/2014, 10:01 am

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
   You think every person that goes to church believes the scientifically impossible nonsense they're fed?
No, I think that some of the people who go to church don’t believe anything at all about what is being preached, and that they go to church merely as a show, for dishonest, phony, self-serving and, in the case of people like Barry and Hillary, political purposes.

That may or may not be true,but at least they don't claim to be getting messages from supernatural deities that don't freakin exist like the your candidates do.


You're right, they make no such claims.
They simply lie to the public about their motives for attending church.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

avatar

Posts : 1887

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   10/15/2014, 2:50 pm

Yeah, well IIRC, Hillary grew up in a Methodist household, taught Sunday school, and regularly attends a Methodist church.  I see no evidence at all that there is a political motive for her church attendance.  What, exactly are you basing your statement that "she lies about her motives for attending church" on?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5956

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   10/15/2014, 4:16 pm

Scorpion wrote:
Yeah, well IIRC, Hillary grew up in a Methodist household, taught Sunday school, and regularly attends a Methodist church.  I see no evidence at all that there is a political motive for her church attendance.  What, exactly are you basing your statement that "she lies about her motives for attending church" on?



I’m basing my statement on Artie’s outright insistence that Barry and Hillary do not go to church because they
Artie60438 wrote:
…. believe(s) the scientifically impossible nonsense they're fed
and that they don’t harbor
Artie60438 wrote:
…. superstitious beliefs based on an imaginary friend ….    
and that their beliefs are the equivalent of a
Artie60438 wrote:
…. Ouija board ….  
or
Artie60438 wrote:
…. a magic 8 ball ….  


Of course, you may quibble with Artie about whether they do hold the above beliefs, and if they indeed do believe in “scientifically impossible nonsense”, and that they do indeed harbor “superstitious beliefs based on an imaginary friend”, and that their beliefs are indeed the equivalent of believing in a “Ouija board” or a “magic 8 ball”.  If that is the case, then I apologize for calling them liars with ulterior political motives. They are merely, in Artie’s judgment, batshit crazy.
They are either sincere churchgoers, subscribing to all the beliefs that entails, or they are lying phonies. I truly don’t know which it is, but I do know that you can’t have it both ways.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9360

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   10/15/2014, 7:27 pm

happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
Yeah, well IIRC, Hillary grew up in a Methodist household, taught Sunday school, and regularly attends a Methodist church.  I see no evidence at all that there is a political motive for her church attendance.  What, exactly are you basing your statement that "she lies about her motives for attending church" on?
I’m basing my statement on Artie’s outright insistence that Barry and Hillary do not go to church because they
Clinton Derangement Syndrome setting in already? cheers
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5956

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   10/15/2014, 7:33 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
Yeah, well IIRC, Hillary grew up in a Methodist household, taught Sunday school, and regularly attends a Methodist church.  I see no evidence at all that there is a political motive for her church attendance.  What, exactly are you basing your statement that "she lies about her motives for attending church" on?
I’m basing my statement on Artie’s outright insistence that Barry and Hillary do not go to church because they
Clinton Derangement Syndrome setting in already? cheers



Copout.
Back to top Go down
edge540

avatar

Posts : 1166

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   10/16/2014, 9:13 am

happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
Yeah, well IIRC, Hillary grew up in a Methodist household, taught Sunday school, and regularly attends a Methodist church.  I see no evidence at all that there is a political motive for her church attendance.  What, exactly are you basing your statement that "she lies about her motives for attending church" on?



I’m basing my statement on Artie’s outright insistence that Barry and Hillary do not go to church because they...

Uh huh, you're basing your "statement" on somebody else's opinion.
THAT'S your evidence?


Got it. lol!

Good one.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5956

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   10/16/2014, 9:32 am

edge540 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
Yeah, well IIRC, Hillary grew up in a Methodist household, taught Sunday school, and regularly attends a Methodist church.  I see no evidence at all that there is a political motive for her church attendance.  What, exactly are you basing your statement that "she lies about her motives for attending church" on?



I’m basing my statement on Artie’s outright insistence that Barry and Hillary do not go to church because they...

Uh huh, you're basing your "statement" on somebody else's opinion.
THAT'S your evidence?


Got it. lol!

Good one.



You should probably read my entire post before commenting on it.
Pay attention.



happy jack wrote:

Of course, you may quibble with Artie about whether they do hold the above beliefs, and if they indeed do believe in “scientifically impossible nonsense”, and that they do indeed harbor “superstitious beliefs based on an imaginary friend”, and that their beliefs are indeed the equivalent of believing in a “Ouija board” or a “magic 8 ball”.  If that is the case, then I apologize for calling them liars with ulterior political motives. They are merely, in Artie’s judgment, batshit crazy.
They are either sincere churchgoers, subscribing to all the beliefs that entails, or they are lying phonies. I truly don’t know which it is, but I do know that you can’t have it both ways.
Back to top Go down
edge540

avatar

Posts : 1166

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   10/16/2014, 5:16 pm

happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
Yeah, well IIRC, Hillary grew up in a Methodist household, taught Sunday school, and regularly attends a Methodist church.  I see no evidence at all that there is a political motive for her church attendance.  What, exactly are you basing your statement that "she lies about her motives for attending church" on?



I’m basing my statement on Artie’s outright insistence that Barry and Hillary do not go to church because they...

Uh huh, you're basing your "statement" on somebody else's opinion.
THAT'S your evidence?


Got it. lol!

Good one.



You should probably read my entire post before commenting on it.
Pay attention.



happy jack wrote:

Of course, you may quibble with Artie about whether they do hold the above beliefs, and if they indeed do believe in “scientifically impossible nonsense”, and that they do indeed harbor “superstitious beliefs based on an imaginary friend”, and that their beliefs are indeed the equivalent of believing in a “Ouija board” or a “magic 8 ball”.  If that is the case, then I apologize for calling them liars with ulterior political motives. They are merely, in Artie’s judgment, batshit crazy.
They are either sincere churchgoers, subscribing to all the beliefs that entails, or they are lying phonies. I truly don’t know which it is, but I do know that you can’t have it both ways.

Now pay attention.
You left this out:
"They simply lie to the public about their motives for attending church."

And than you backtrack:
"I truly don’t know which it is"

Bottom line, you don't know.

Like I said, good one. lol!
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9360

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   10/16/2014, 9:13 pm

edge540 wrote:



Now pay attention.
You left this out:
"They simply lie to the public about their motives for attending church."

And than you backtrack:
"I truly don’t know which it is"

Bottom line, you don't know.

Like I said, good one. lol!
Look at the bright side from his point of view...
He found new way of not offering an opinion Shocked
He steals mine affraid
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5956

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   10/17/2014, 9:32 am

Amazing.
We have nearly an entire page of posts because neither of you can answer a simple either/or question:

Are Barry and Hillary sincere churchgoers, subscribing to all the beliefs that entails, which include, according to Artie, belief in ….


Artie60438 wrote:
…. the scientifically impossible nonsense they're fed

Artie60438 wrote:
…. superstitious beliefs based on an imaginary friend ….    
and that their beliefs are the equivalent of a
Artie60438 wrote:
…. Ouija board ….  
or
Artie60438 wrote:
…. a magic 8 ball ….  


…. or are they lying phonies?
Can either of you can manage to answer that very, very simple question?
Back to top Go down
edge540

avatar

Posts : 1166

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   10/17/2014, 2:26 pm

happy jack wrote:
Can either of you can manage to answer that very, very simple question?[/b]
Amazing indeed.
It's a very very simple answer that YOU have given us:
"I truly don’t know which it is"
I will also add that I truly don't give a shit because for me it's not an issue. Hey guess what, it's sort of like your view on gay marraige.

This ring a bell?

Quote :
It is something that has no effect on me either way so, again, I did not put a lot of energy into worrying about it one way or the other.

lol!

End of story, see ya, ta ta.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5956

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   10/17/2014, 6:22 pm

edge540 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Can either of you can manage to answer that very, very simple question?[/b]
Amazing indeed.
It's a very very simple answer that YOU have given us:
"I truly don’t know which it is"



I understand.
You and Artie have already voted for someone, and may possibly be voting again for someone, whom you both know to be either:

A. Batshit crazy

or

B: Opportunistically and hypocritically phony


You just haven't decided which it is.
Back to top Go down
edge540

avatar

Posts : 1166

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   10/17/2014, 9:20 pm

happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Can either of you can manage to answer that very, very simple question?[/b]
Amazing indeed.
It's a very very simple answer that YOU have given us:
"I truly don’t know which it is"



I understand.
You and Artie have already voted for someone, and may possibly be voting again for someone, whom you both know to be either:

A. Batshit crazy

or

B: Opportunistically and hypocritically phony


You just haven't decided which it is.

Nope, sorry, you don't have any evidence of either A or B.
You got shit.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5956

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   10/17/2014, 10:57 pm

edge540 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Can either of you can manage to answer that very, very simple question?[/b]
Amazing indeed.
It's a very very simple answer that YOU have given us:
"I truly don’t know which it is"



I understand.
You and Artie have already voted for someone, and may possibly be voting again for someone, whom you both know to be either:

A. Batshit crazy

or

B: Opportunistically and hypocritically phony


You just haven't decided which it is.

Nope, sorry, you don't have any evidence of either A or B.
You got shit.



I don’t believe that there is any dispute on whether or not they attend church – that is a given.
So, they either believe in what Artie might call imaginary friends in the sky, which would make them, in Artie’s estimation, irrational.
Or, they are merely pretending to believe in those imaginary friends in the sky, which would make them, in anybody’s estimation, opportunistic, hypocritical frauds.
If there is some other reasoning behind their church attendance, I'd like to hear it.
Back to top Go down
edge540

avatar

Posts : 1166

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   10/18/2014, 9:35 am

happy jack wrote:

I don’t believe that there is any dispute on whether or not they attend church – that is a given.
So, they either believe in what Artie might call imaginary friends in the sky, which would make them, in Artie’s estimation, irrational.
Or, they are merely pretending to believe in those imaginary friends in the sky, which would make them, in anybody’s estimation, opportunistic, hypocritical frauds.
If there is some other reasoning behind their church attendance, I'd like to hear it.

No problem try this:
Hillary Clinton's Religious Background & Beliefs: What Does Clinton Believe?
http://atheism.about.com/od/hillaryclintonreligion/a/ClintonReligion.htm
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5956

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   10/18/2014, 5:48 pm

edge540 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

I don’t believe that there is any dispute on whether or not they attend church – that is a given.
So, they either believe in what Artie might call imaginary friends in the sky, which would make them, in Artie’s estimation, irrational.
Or, they are merely pretending to believe in those imaginary friends in the sky, which would make them, in anybody’s estimation, opportunistic, hypocritical frauds.
If there is some other reasoning behind their church attendance, I'd like to hear it.

No problem try this:
Hillary Clinton's Religious Background & Beliefs: What Does Clinton Believe?
http://atheism.about.com/od/hillaryclintonreligion/a/ClintonReligion.htm



Thanks, edge - finally, a straight answer.
I guess Artie can now place Hillary in his 'Irrational Batshit Crazy Believer in Sky Wizards' column, rather than in his 'Hypocrite' column.
Glad you cleared that up for him.
Back to top Go down
edge540

avatar

Posts : 1166

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   10/18/2014, 7:16 pm

happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

I don’t believe that there is any dispute on whether or not they attend church – that is a given.
So, they either believe in what Artie might call imaginary friends in the sky, which would make them, in Artie’s estimation, irrational.
Or, they are merely pretending to believe in those imaginary friends in the sky, which would make them, in anybody’s estimation, opportunistic, hypocritical frauds.
If there is some other reasoning behind their church attendance, I'd like to hear it.

No problem try this:
Hillary Clinton's Religious Background & Beliefs: What Does Clinton Believe?
http://atheism.about.com/od/hillaryclintonreligion/a/ClintonReligion.htm



Thanks, edge - finally, a straight answer.
I guess Artie can now place Hillary in his 'Irrational Batshit Crazy Believer in Sky Wizards' column, rather than in his 'Hypocrite' column.
Glad you cleared that up for him.


Quote :
There is no evidence that Hillary Clinton's religiosity is superficial or an affectation; her behavior is consistent with her professed beliefs and she has explained more than once how important faith is for herself personally and her family. She has also said that prayer - trying to communicate with a god - is important in her life. The Christian Right, though, has tried to portray her as being just the opposite

And where do YOU place Hillary?

Do you think:
A- Her faith is important in her life.
B- Hillary is just the opposite.
C- You don't give a shit.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5956

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   10/18/2014, 8:04 pm

edge540 wrote:
 


Quote :
There is no evidence that Hillary Clinton's religiosity is superficial or an affectation; her behavior is consistent with her professed beliefs and she has explained more than once how important faith is for herself personally and her family. She has also said that prayer - trying to communicate with a god - is important in her life. The Christian Right, though, has tried to portray her as being just the opposite

And where do YOU place Hillary?




I have no reason not to take her at her word on this topic. And should Artie also choose to take her at her word, he will need to clear a space for her in that 'Irrational Batshit Crazy Believer in Sky Wizards' column.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9360

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   10/18/2014, 9:34 pm

happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Can either of you can manage to answer that very, very simple question?[/b]
Amazing indeed.
It's a very very simple answer that YOU have given us:
"I truly don’t know which it is"



I understand.
You and Artie have already voted for someone, and may possibly be voting again for someone, whom you both know to be either:

A. Batshit crazy

or

B: Opportunistically and hypocritically phony


[b]You just haven't decided which it is.
Miss this part? Both Edge and I don't really give a shit. Meanwhile you're stupid enough to vote for someone who talks to a fictional characters and announces it to the world. Rolling Eyes

We prefer our leaders to make their decisions based on sound decisions rather than conversations with imaginary supernatural friends.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5956

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   10/18/2014, 10:43 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
   
Miss this part? Both Edge and I don't really give a shit. Meanwhile you're stupid enough to vote for someone who talks to a fictional characters and announces it to the world. Rolling Eyes


Do you mean someone who talks to a fictional character, just as Hillary does?


There is no evidence that Hillary Clinton's religiosity is superficial or an affectation; her behavior is consistent with her professed beliefs and she has explained more than once how important faith is for herself personally and her family. She has also said that prayer - trying to communicate with a god - is important in her life.


Artie60438 wrote:
   

We prefer our leaders to make their decisions based on sound decisions rather than conversations with imaginary supernatural friends.

Do you mean conversations with an imaginary supernatural friend just like Hillary has?


There is no evidence that Hillary Clinton's religiosity is superficial or an affectation; her behavior is consistent with her professed beliefs and she has explained more than once how important faith is for herself personally and her family. She has also said that prayer - trying to communicate with a god - is important in her life.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9360

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   10/19/2014, 11:04 am

happy jack wrote:

Artie60438 wrote:
   

We prefer our leaders to make their decisions based on sound decisions rather than conversations with imaginary supernatural friends.

Do you mean conversations with an imaginary supernatural friend just like Hillary has?


There is no evidence that Hillary Clinton's religiosity is superficial or an affectation; her behavior is consistent with her professed beliefs and she has explained more than once how important faith is for herself personally and her family. She has also said that prayer - trying to communicate with a god - is important in her life.

Show me a direct quote where she has said that she had a conversati0n with "god" that influenced her decisions. Otherwise STFU.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5956

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   10/19/2014, 4:32 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

Artie60438 wrote:
   

We prefer our leaders to make their decisions based on sound decisions rather than conversations with imaginary supernatural friends.

Do you mean conversations with an imaginary supernatural friend just like Hillary has?


There is no evidence that Hillary Clinton's religiosity is superficial or an affectation; her behavior is consistent with her professed beliefs and she has explained more than once how important faith is for herself personally and her family. She has also said that prayer - trying to communicate with a god - is important in her life.

Show me a direct quote where she has said that she had a conversati0n with "god" that influenced her decisions. Otherwise STFU.


What in the hell do you think praying is, if not communicating with God?
Anyway, here's Hillary having conversations with dead people.





http://www.911omissionreport.com/hillary_eleanor/

Mrs. Clinton wrote about her imaginary conversations with Eleanor Roosevelt in her June 10 syndicated column. She said she talked to Roosevelt about the role of a first lady.
"She usually responds by telling me to buck up, or at least to grow skin as thick as a rhinoceros," Mrs. Clinton wrote.


Not only did she talk to a dead person - she claims that the dead person answered her.




http://sweetness-light.com/archive/when-hillary-channeled-eleanor-roosevelt#.VEQo6PldVRo

Jean Houston became a close advisor of Hillary’s, and on numerous occasions she stayed at the Whine House for days at a time. She worked with Hillary through therapy sessions designed to help the First Lady reach her full human potential. Part of the therapy, often called “channeling,” included guiding Hillary in conversations with the dead—Eleanor Roosevelt and Mahatma Gandhi to be precise.
Houston understood firsthand the value of this exercise. In a 1989 conference she told a crowd of 6,000 she had contacted the Hindu goddess Sarasvati while meditating on the Ganges River in India.
In his book The Choice, Bob Woodward writes that one day, after finishing up a discussion with Eleanor, “Houston asked Hillary to carry on a conversation with Mahatma Gandhi, the Hindu leader, a powerful symbol of stoic denial. Talk to him, Houston said. What would you say and what would you ask?” And Hillary did. “It was a strong personal outpouring,” Woodward reported. Gandhi’s response went unreported.



I wonder if she asked the Mahatma about his gas station in St. Louis.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/hillary-regrets-gandhi-joke/

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   

Back to top Go down
 
The horror.... the horror ....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Nation/Other :: Nation/World-
Jump to: