Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Well, LOOKS LIKE EVERYONE IS GETTING READY FOR THE EASTER BUNNY!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
UrRight

Well, LOOKS LIKE EVERYONE IS GETTING READY FOR THE EASTER BUNNY! Empty
PostSubject: Well, LOOKS LIKE EVERYONE IS GETTING READY FOR THE EASTER BUNNY!   Well, LOOKS LIKE EVERYONE IS GETTING READY FOR THE EASTER BUNNY! Empty4/23/2011, 4:16 pm

Never fails...a text from "Miss America".

MOM...what's the recipe for this or that?

From someone who spends a life-time on the computer.

Guess family recipes don't quite take the place.

Just want to wish you all a very religious, I mean RELIGIOUS holiday; setting aside the old traditions we had vs. the new ones where kids go to "Parks" to get the goodies.

We anxiously waited until that mysterious bunny laid his eggs, and someone would look out the window and say, "Hey, the bunny laid his eggs". Until I caught my Aunt Velma holding up her apron on the farm...observing from the second story..."HOW DARE THEY LIE TO US!"

Not to mention my cousin coming down the hill one time, fresh out of the woods before Aunt Velma gave away the obvious...

Shot gun in one hand, dead bunny in the other. "I killed the Easter Bunny!"

My cousin and I, (Sandy) were so close, so inseparable, all we did was sat on the the stoop all day..and cried.

Easter meant getting dressed up in a special purchased outfit, with a bonnet.

They killed the Easter Bunny!!!!

Today I look and see how parks throw parties for "Easter Egg Hunts" and would I resort to something like that?

Heck, no. I believed in the Easter Bunny on how we were raised to believe in it...and that included church and a personal, family thing.

Times have changed, but if I had a child today young enough to hunt Easter eggs, but go to church first, that would be it.

Not a "walk in the park".

Happy Easter to you all meaning, shared time with family, no picnics in the park put on by the public, and today....church first, then the chasing of the bunny...no presents..just eggs, and one treat.

Otherwise, the meaning of Easter is lost as Christmas has been lost...if you can help it...keep your traditions.

It doesn't mean gifts, tons of candy, and free eggs at the park.

It is a symbolic gesture of appreciation of whatever religion you belong to and be consistent in those traditions.

Chasing "Easter Bunnies". Getting "dolled up in your finest to attend church, teaching your children the real meaning...that it isn't Christmas, but a celebration of Jesus who died on the cross for us" and a day of honoring him through gathering together..presents excluded...is the real meaning for those who observe it in their particular religion.

Set aside the toys, the park districts...carry on the real meaning.

God bless all of you; and my family.

Just don't turn it into another "Christmas" for kids.

And if your kid calls up long-distance for those traditional food recipes to serve after attending church....count yourself lucky.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

Well, LOOKS LIKE EVERYONE IS GETTING READY FOR THE EASTER BUNNY! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well, LOOKS LIKE EVERYONE IS GETTING READY FOR THE EASTER BUNNY!   Well, LOOKS LIKE EVERYONE IS GETTING READY FOR THE EASTER BUNNY! Empty4/23/2011, 8:48 pm

Easter for tomorrow is done. I'll drop the eggs for next door..at my brother's place.
The children are so young...their mom in the hospital with over 100 "lesions" on her brain. The cops set up shop at her house...while she undergoes 28 days of replacing cells to overcome Multiple Sclerosis.

The whole neighborhood shaved their heads on behalf of her.

Just when you think you endured the worst...you tumble across a 30 yr. old mom of two young children..hosting a "LOVE LOCK" party and it makes you wonder...how bad we think we have it...and then you encounter those that are a "test of time" at such an early age.

It makes you think your problems are so much smaller. Here is a young mother, who prepared not just her children, but the whole world to see.

She is courageous.

Non of us should take life for granted. That's the message.
Back to top Go down

Well, LOOKS LIKE EVERYONE IS GETTING READY FOR THE EASTER BUNNY!
Page 1 of 1