Let Freedom Reign!


 
HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Quick In a Pinch Make-Dos

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Quick In a Pinch Make-Dos   12/16/2008, 9:42 pm

So the other night in the wee hours the cat jumped up on the counter, knocked the last of my bread in the floor, sliced open the bag and had eaten about half of what was in the bag. It was whole grain soft wheat so I guess that's fine for the cat. Problem was I was desperate for a sandwich. What to do?

Well I had some tortillas from the soon to be proudly located in Hammond tortillas factory Wink and I popped a couple of them puppies in the microwave until they were just underdone. Then I put in Munster & American cheeses, some turkey pastrami and some ham, topped it off with Taco Bell sauce, then folded it like a burrito and cooked for about 30 seconds. You know for what it was it wasn't half bad!

Any suggestions on what else I could have put into the mix?
Back to top Go down
sparks



Posts : 2197

PostSubject: Re: Quick In a Pinch Make-Dos   12/17/2008, 5:34 am

Mirage wrote:
So the other night in the wee hours the cat jumped up on the counter, knocked the last of my bread in the floor, sliced open the bag and had eaten about half of what was in the bag. It was whole grain soft wheat so I guess that's fine for the cat. Problem was I was desperate for a sandwich. What to do?

Well I had some tortillas from the soon to be proudly located in Hammond tortillas factory Wink and I popped a couple of them puppies in the microwave until they were just underdone. Then I put in Munster & American cheeses, some turkey pastrami and some ham, topped it off with Taco Bell sauce, then folded it like a burrito and cooked for about 30 seconds. You know for what it was it wasn't half bad!

Any suggestions on what else I could have put into the mix?
How about the cat? LOL!
Back to top Go down
paul87920

avatar

Posts : 875

PostSubject: Re: Quick In a Pinch Make-Dos   12/17/2008, 7:50 am

sparks wrote:
Mirage wrote:
So the other night in the wee hours the cat jumped up on the counter, knocked the last of my bread in the floor, sliced open the bag and had eaten about half of what was in the bag. It was whole grain soft wheat so I guess that's fine for the cat. Problem was I was desperate for a sandwich. What to do?

Well I had some tortillas from the soon to be proudly located in Hammond tortillas factory Wink and I popped a couple of them puppies in the microwave until they were just underdone. Then I put in Munster & American cheeses, some turkey pastrami and some ham, topped it off with Taco Bell sauce, then folded it like a burrito and cooked for about 30 seconds. You know for what it was it wasn't half bad!

Any suggestions on what else I could have put into the mix?
How about the cat? LOL!

Then Taco Bell would have a legitimate case against Mirage. Razz
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Quick In a Pinch Make-Dos   12/17/2008, 12:25 pm

Gee Sparkie you sure seem to have an issue with cats.

Let me just say that 2 of the 3 cats are excellent mouse catchers and all 3 as loving as you could want. The 3rd is my honey. Someone declawed her and for whatever reason then apparently just abandoned her to the streets. All she ever wants to do is cuddle.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Quick In a Pinch Make-Dos   12/17/2008, 12:28 pm

I would have added a little beef bologne
Back to top Go down
the oracle

avatar

Posts : 1258

PostSubject: Re: Quick In a Pinch Make-Dos   12/17/2008, 3:42 pm

cat lol

i would have preferred the arby's sauce but hey, thats just me.
Back to top Go down
sparks



Posts : 2197

PostSubject: Re: Quick In a Pinch Make-Dos   12/18/2008, 3:07 pm

Mirage wrote:
Gee Sparkie you sure seem to have an issue with cats.

Let me just say that 2 of the 3 cats are excellent mouse catchers and all 3 as loving as you could want. The 3rd is my honey. Someone declawed her and for whatever reason then apparently just abandoned her to the streets. All she ever wants to do is cuddle.
My wife has two cats. They have it made. We put a roof over their heads,feed them and clean up their litter. I agree with you about mousers though. I've never had mice set foot in the house.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

avatar

Posts : 1258

PostSubject: Re: Quick In a Pinch Make-Dos   12/18/2008, 3:34 pm

ive had plenty of cats too. i prefer dogs. but i do like cats as well.

i just thought the line was funny, is all
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Quick In a Pinch Make-Dos   12/18/2008, 3:43 pm

I hate cats, always have and always will
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Quick In a Pinch Make-Dos   12/18/2008, 11:05 pm

the oracle wrote:
ive had plenty of cats too. i prefer dogs. but i do like cats as well.

i just thought the line was funny, is all

See here's the thing. Mom had cats. I was pretty much indifferent. She has one now that's a terror and I worry about that with mom's age and the blood thinners. But I also prefer dogs myself.

Long story short these 3 outdoor cats (nobody knows where they came from) started hanging out at my FL home. A neighbor was feeding them but is gone from sun up to almost sun down almost every day. Because I was home more often they started hanging out over here. But this works out great! Since I'm in and out of town so much it wouldn't be much of a life for a dog really. Cats take care of themselves. And the neighbor will make sure the kitties won't starve.

What gets me is they don't seem to wander too far from home. They're kind of their own family and don't let others in their territory.

But I worry about the declawed kitty with no way to defend herself when I'm gone. The other two can hold their own, even the one with the crippled paw.

Yep! They're spoiled alright. But I love it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KarenT



Posts : 1328

PostSubject: Re: Quick In a Pinch Make-Dos   12/19/2008, 9:23 pm

I always said if a cat found me, I would take it in; but i wouldn't walk across the street to get one. Well, we're on our third cat, and he's king of the house. He's a shelter stray that picked my boys. We were in the kitty room looking at all the choices, and he stretched his paw and tapped each one on the shoulder! We have a dog too, but the cat was here first!

KarenT
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Quick In a Pinch Make-Dos   12/20/2008, 2:09 am

Wonderful!
Back to top Go down
WhitingLib

avatar

Posts : 871

PostSubject: Re: Quick In a Pinch Make-Dos   12/28/2008, 2:45 pm

Mirage wrote:
So the other night in the wee hours the cat jumped up on the counter, knocked the last of my bread in the floor, sliced open the bag and had eaten about half of what was in the bag. It was whole grain soft wheat so I guess that's fine for the cat. Problem was I was desperate for a sandwich. What to do?

Well I had some tortillas from the soon to be proudly located in Hammond tortillas factory Wink and I popped a couple of them puppies in the microwave until they were just underdone. Then I put in Munster & American cheeses, some turkey pastrami and some ham, topped it off with Taco Bell sauce, then folded it like a burrito and cooked for about 30 seconds. You know for what it was it wasn't half bad!

Any suggestions on what else I could have put into the mix?

I make wraps like this all the time.
I usually try to have a couple of baked boneless chicken breasts in the frig ready to go. On the tortilla, I shred some chicken, shredded lettuce, and strips of red bell pepper (I eat red peppers with practically everything), and just drizzle on whatever sauce you like. My favorites are balsamic vinagrette or honey teriyaki. You could also add whatever veggies you like...there are no rules. Delicious and low-calorie.

Oh, and for the record...I'm a dog person. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Quick In a Pinch Make-Dos   1/21/2009, 12:59 pm

WhitingLib wrote:
I make wraps like this all the time.
I usually try to have a couple of baked boneless chicken breasts in the frig ready to go. On the tortilla, I shred some chicken, shredded lettuce, and strips of red bell pepper (I eat red peppers with practically everything), and just drizzle on whatever sauce you like. My favorites are balsamic vinagrette or honey teriyaki. You could also add whatever veggies you like...there are no rules. Delicious and low-calorie.

Oh, and for the record...I'm a dog person. Very Happy

That would be good with some pesto and asiago cheese too.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

avatar

Posts : 875

PostSubject: Re: Quick In a Pinch Make-Dos   1/22/2009, 5:03 pm

I throw Wishbone's Asian Sesame Ginger Dressing on all of my sammiches!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Quick In a Pinch Make-Dos   

Back to top Go down
 
Quick In a Pinch Make-Dos
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Nation/Other :: Travel, Cooking, Restaurants-
Jump to: