Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Abortionist could face death penalty

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
KarenT

Abortionist could face death penalty - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abortionist could face death penalty   Abortionist could face death penalty - Page 4 Empty3/10/2011, 9:59 pm

Good.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Abortionist could face death penalty   Abortionist could face death penalty - Page 4 Empty3/10/2011, 11:10 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Planned Parenthood is an abortion provider - indisputable.
Artie60438 wrote:
Yes,a whole 3% of their services. Shocked

3% equals 328,308 dead babies per year.
You keep quoting that figure yet you never provide a source. How about providing one?

If Planned Parenthood provided total services of 10,943,609 and 3% of those services were abortions, then you would know that that would come out to 328,308 abortions (unless, of course, you learned how to perform mathematical calculations from the same teacher who taught you basic logic and common sense).

If you care to know where I got those figures, perhaps you should search through your own posts. You will probably want to start with your own post on the first page of this thread from Saturday, March 5, 2011, at 4:39 p.m.

Abortionist could face death penalty - Page 4 Plantparenthood2008

Any other questions, Einstein?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Abortionist could face death penalty   Abortionist could face death penalty - Page 4 Empty3/10/2011, 11:32 pm

Scorpion wrote:
happy jack wrote:
KarenT wrote:
And their education and contraception prevents how many?

This is from an article I happened to see yesterday, before you even asked the question. I haven't looked into it any further than this, so I can't vouch for these statistics.

For the record, the author of the piece, Kirsten Powers. has issued a total retraction.

From the provided link...

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2011-03-04/planned-parenthoods-birth-control-myth/

Quote :
However, on Tuesday, Powers issued a retraction. She states that she made a “serious error in reporting this column that undermines the conclusion I drew.” She goes on to say that her argument is “not supported by the data” and that it “invalidates my piece.”

That retraction was also mentioned in the same article to which I posted the link, but the author does not appear to think that the retraction is as damning as it is being made out to be.

However, on Tuesday, Powers issued a retraction. She states that she made a “serious error in reporting this column that undermines the conclusion I drew.” She goes on to say that her argument is “not supported by the data” and that it “invalidates my piece.” Now it is true that Powers made an error. In her column she stated that between 2000 and 2011 Planned Parenthood received millions of dollars in taxpayer funding. However, according to the Guttmacher Institute, the percentage of abortion-minded women who were using contraception remained the same during the time. The percentage of women using contraception the month they became pregnant also remained the same. However, the reason that the numbers remained the same was because the 2011 Guttmacher figures came from Guttmacher’s 2000 report. Powers did not notice this when she first wrote her column.

Powers did make a mistake which she was right to both publicly admit and correct. However, this mistake, by itself, does not invalidate her argument. Even though her comments about trends in contraception use were based on erroneous data, she highlighted other research which seriously questions the ability of contraception funding to lower abortion rates. In fact, a look at the existing research on contraception use and abortion rates indicates that Powers’s argument was stronger than she probably realizes.

As I said, though - I have not looked into the accuracy of any of this. I only posted it in response to karent's question - I thought she might find some sort of trail to follow to better answer her question.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Abortionist could face death penalty   Abortionist could face death penalty - Page 4 Empty3/11/2011, 6:07 am

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

3% equals 328,308 dead babies per year.
You keep quoting that figure yet you never provide a source. How about providing one?

If Planned Parenthood provided total services of 10,943,609 and 3% of those services were abortions, then you would know that that would come out to 328,308 abortions (unless, of course, you learned how to perform mathematical calculations from the same teacher who taught you basic logic and common sense).

If you care to know where I got those figures, perhaps you should search through your own posts. You will probably want to start with your own post on the first page of this thread from Saturday, March 5, 2011, at 4:39 p.m.

Yeah,as a matter of fact I do. It looks like your figures don't add up. Shocked PP saw 3,000,000 patients in that year,at the very most only about 90,000 abortions could have been provided.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Abortionist could face death penalty   Abortionist could face death penalty - Page 4 Empty3/11/2011, 12:13 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Yeah,as a matter of fact I do. It looks like your figures don't add up. Shocked PP saw 3,000,000 patients in that year,at the very most only about 90,000 abortions could have been provided.

My figures are based solely upon what you posted.
If what you posted is correct, then my figures are correct.
If you knowingly posted data that are incorrect, then you should probably issue a retraction.

Hey, since you are so up to speed on the comings and goings of Planned Parenthood, I would appreciate it if you would post the data showing how many of its patients fall under the criteria of its glorious founder, upon whose underlying philosophy the organization is based - Margaret Sanger, eugenicist and heroine to radical feminists everywhere.
Thanks!!!

In A Plan for Peace (1932), for example, Sanger proposed a congressional department to:

Keep the doors of immigration closed to the entrance of certain aliens whose condition is known to be detrimental to the stamina of the race, such as feebleminded, idiots, morons, insane, syphilitic, epileptic, criminal, professional prostitutes, and others in this class barred by the immigration laws of 1924.[22]

And, following:

Apply a stern and rigid policy of sterilization and segregation to that grade of population whose progeny is already tainted or whose inheritance is such that objectionable traits may be transmitted to offspring.[22]

Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: Abortionist could face death penalty   Abortionist could face death penalty - Page 4 Empty3/11/2011, 4:09 pm

Jack - you're basing your 3% on the number of total services - which is more than total patients.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Abortionist could face death penalty   Abortionist could face death penalty - Page 4 Empty3/11/2011, 4:19 pm

KarenT wrote:
Jack - you're basing your 3% on the number of total services - which is more than total patients.
Fair enough.
If you trust Artie's new number, then only 90,000 babies per year have taken a ride through Planned Parenthood's very own version of Disney World's Space Mountain - the vacuum cleaner.
What a magical place!!!
Dismemberment has never been more fun!!!
That's much better, right?
I think what would be even better is if the babies would have had the chance to grow old enough to go to the real Disney World, but hey, that's just me.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Abortionist could face death penalty   Abortionist could face death penalty - Page 4 Empty3/11/2011, 4:57 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

My figures are based solely upon what you posted.
If what you posted is correct, then my figures are correct.
My figures were correct. You as usual were dead wrong in your interpretation and thus you posted a figure that was nowhere close to being true. Now be a man and own up to your mistake.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Abortionist could face death penalty   Abortionist could face death penalty - Page 4 Empty3/11/2011, 4:58 pm

KarenT wrote:
Karen,Thanks for explaining it to him.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Abortionist could face death penalty   Abortionist could face death penalty - Page 4 Empty3/11/2011, 5:04 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Now be a man and own up to your mistake.
I did, in the post immediately prior to yours - Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:19 pm.
Are you blind, or just unusually slow?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Abortionist could face death penalty   Abortionist could face death penalty - Page 4 Empty3/11/2011, 5:14 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
I didn't see your admission until after I replied to Karen.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Abortionist could face death penalty   Abortionist could face death penalty - Page 4 Empty3/11/2011, 5:34 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
I didn't see your admission until after I replied to Karen.
OK.
I'll put that one in the 'unusually slow' column.
Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: Abortionist could face death penalty   Abortionist could face death penalty - Page 4 Empty4/1/2011, 1:51 pm

INDIANAPOLIS | Planned Parenthood of Indiana will offer free HIV tests at 19 of its health centers across the state Friday, including Merrillville and Valparaiso.
Appointments are recommended.
The tests are offered as part of the GYT: Get Yourself Tested campaign, a partnership between Planned Parenthood, MTV, the Kaiser Family Foundation, and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention aimed at encouraging young people to get tested for sexually transmitted diseases.
Patients also will be encouraged to be tested for other STDs while at health centers. One in two sexually active adults will have an STD by the age of 25.
To find the nearest health center or to make an appointment for a free HIV test, go to www.ppin.org/locations. To learn more about the GYT campaign, visit www.GYTNOW.org.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Abortionist could face death penalty   Abortionist could face death penalty - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Abortionist could face death penalty
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4