Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Happenings in Wisconsin

Go down 
+6
happy jack
KarenT
UrRight
paul87920
Artie60438
chuckmo48
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Scorpion

Scorpion

Happenings in Wisconsin  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happenings in Wisconsin    Happenings in Wisconsin  - Page 8 Empty8/3/2011, 4:02 pm

happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:

On the other hand, organized voter suppression by the Republican Party is the norm rather than the exception.

The norm?!?!?
What absolute bullshit.

No, I don't think so...

As I pointed out in this thread....

https://nofree.forumotion.com/t1784p60-voter-identification

21 million eligible voters who are mostly Democratic voters don't have photo ID, yet the GOP is solely responsible for the enactment of laws which will prevent them from exercising their constitutional right to vote.

That's voter suppression on a massive scale.

And as Artie pointed out, the GOP has a long history of efforts to deprive voters who tend to vote for Democratic candidates of their right to vote.

It's a national disgrace, and people like you always try to manufacture a bogus rationale for it all, instead of holding your party responsible. Hell, you haven't even expressed a negative opinion of this latest Republican bullshit going on in Wisconsin. Sometimes I really wonder if Republicans have any conscience at all.

Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Happenings in Wisconsin    Happenings in Wisconsin  - Page 8 Empty8/3/2011, 4:41 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:

On the other hand, organized voter suppression by the Republican Party is the norm rather than the exception.

The norm?!?!?
What absolute bullshit.
Really Jack? Really? You really want to go down this road?

Examples of voter suppression in the United States

Other allegations surfaced in several states that the group called Voters Outreach of America had collected and submitted Republican voter registration forms while inappropriately discarding voter registration forms where the new voter had chosen to register with the Democratic Party. Such people would believe they had registered to vote, and would only discover on election day that they were not registered and could not cast a ballot.[23][24][25][26]
Michigan Republican state legislator John Pappageorge was quoted as saying, "If we do not suppress the Detroit vote, we're going to have a tough time in this election.".[27]
In 2006, four employees of the John Kerry campaign were convicted of slashing the tires of 25 vans rented by the Wisconsin state Republican Party which were to be used for driving Republican monitors to the polls. At the campaign workers' sentencing, Judge Michael B. Brennan told the defendants, "Voter suppression has no place in our country. Your crime took away that right to vote for some citizens."[28][29]
[edit]2006 Virginia Senate election
During the United States Senate election in Virginia, 2006, Secretary of the Virginia State Board of Elections Jean Jensen concluded that incidents of voter suppression appeared widespread and deliberate. Documented incidents of voter suppression include:[30]
Democratic voters receiving calls incorrectly informing them voting will lead to arrest.
Widespread calls fraudulently claiming to be "[Democratic Senate candidate Jim] Webb Volunteers," falsely telling voters their voting location had changed.
Fliers paid for by the Republican Party, stating "SKIP THIS ELECTION" that allegedly attempted to suppress African-American turnout.
The FBI has since launched an investigation into the suppression attempts.[31] Despite the allegations, democrat Jim Webb narrowly defeated incumbent George Allen.

Michigan
Prior to the 2008 United States Presidential Election, on September 16, 2008, Obama legal counsel announced that they would be seeking an injunction to stop an alleged caging scheme in Michigan wherein the state Republican party would use home foreclosure lists to challenge voters still using their foreclosed home as a primary address at the polls.[35] Michigan GOP officials called the suit "desperate."[36] A Federal Appeals court ordered the reinstatement of 5,500 voters wrongly purged from the voter rolls by the State:[34]
[edit]Minnesota
The conservative nonprofit Minnesota Majority has been reported as making phone calls claiming that the Minnesota Secretary of State had concerns about the validity of the voters registration. Their actions have been referred to the Ramsey County attorney's office and the U.S. Attorney are looking into Johnson's complaint. [37]
[edit]Montana
On October 5, 2008 the Republican Lt. Governor of Montana, John Bohlinger, accused the Montana Republican Party of vote caging to purge 6,000 voters from three counties which trend Democratic. These purges included decorated war veterans and active duty soldiers.[19]

The Republican Party attempted to have all 60,000 voters in the heavily Democratic city of Milwaukee who had registered since 1/1/2006 deleted from the voter rolls. The requests were rejected by the Milwaukee Election Commission with Republican commissioner Bob Spindell voting in favor of deletion."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voter_suppression
Everyone see the pattern here? With the exception of 4 individuals working for the Kerry campaign that were acting on their own when they slashed some tires,all of these incidents are connected to Republicans and conservatives.[/quote]

Yes, I do see a very clear pattern - a pattern of unfounded and unproven allegations and accusations.
Also, you should probably Google the definition of the word 'norm'.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Happenings in Wisconsin    Happenings in Wisconsin  - Page 8 Empty8/3/2011, 7:39 pm

happy jack wrote:

[b]Yes, I do see a very clear pattern - a pattern of unfounded and unproven allegations and accusations.
Like Scorpion said:
Quote :
It's a national disgrace, and people like you always try to manufacture a bogus rationale for it all, instead of holding your party responsible. Hell, you haven't even expressed a negative opinion of this latest Republican bullshit going on in Wisconsin. Sometimes I really wonder if Republicans have any conscience at all.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Happenings in Wisconsin    Happenings in Wisconsin  - Page 8 Empty8/3/2011, 8:30 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

Yes, I do see a very clear pattern - a pattern of unfounded and unproven allegations and accusations.
Like Scorpion said:
Quote :
I'm not manufacturing a rationale. I'm just asking you to demonstrate that it is the 'norm'.
(By the way, Artie - that was very good. I didn't even see Scorpion's lips move.)
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Happenings in Wisconsin    Happenings in Wisconsin  - Page 8 Empty8/3/2011, 10:44 pm

Yeah well if you actually bothered to check into any of the examples that Artie cited, you'd find out they are far more than just "allegations." If you feel like doing some actual reading, I can post the links for you. But you still haven't even expressed an opinion on the latest shenanigans in Wisconsin, so I don't know if it's worth wasting any of my time trying to educate you. I'm starting to believe that you're not really interested in the truth. If I'm wrong, then let me know.

Even if you ignore all of the instances that Artie cited, like I said, there are still the 21 million Americans that the Republican Party is currently trying to disenfranchise. That's profoundly troubling to me. We should be making it easier for people to vote, not harder.

Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Happenings in Wisconsin    Happenings in Wisconsin  - Page 8 Empty8/11/2011, 3:11 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Poll: 61% oppose limiting union bargaining power
The public strongly opposes laws taking away the collective bargaining power of public employee unions as a way to ease state financial troubles, according to a new USA TODAY/Gallup Poll.

The poll found that 61% would oppose a law in their state similar to one being considered in Wisconsin, compared with 33% who would favor such a law.

The people of Wisconsin have spoken; they said that your reasoning blows.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Happenings in Wisconsin    Happenings in Wisconsin  - Page 8 Empty8/11/2011, 5:38 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
The public strongly opposes laws taking away the collective bargaining power of public employee unions as a way to ease state financial troubles, according to a new USA TODAY/Gallup Poll.

The poll found that 61% would oppose a law in their state similar to one being considered in Wisconsin, compared with 33% who would favor such a law.

How do you figure that? There were 2 Republican Senators thrown out of office this week by the "people of Wisconsin." Not a single Democrat has been successfully recalled.

Wisconsin’s Warning to Union-Busters

There is now no doubt that there will be a recall election to unseat Governor Walker.

Judging by this week's returns, Walker will be lucky if he survives.

Wisc. Results Suggest Recall of Governor Would Be Close

Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Happenings in Wisconsin    Happenings in Wisconsin  - Page 8 Empty8/11/2011, 9:31 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

[b]The people of Wisconsin have spoken; they said that your reasoning blows.
As Scorpion pointed out
Quote :
How do you figure that? There were 2 Republican Senators thrown out of office this week by the "people of Wisconsin." Not a single Democrat has been successfully recalled.
If we get the same results in the 2012 election you'll be welcoming back Nancy Pelosi as Speaker of the House.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Happenings in Wisconsin    Happenings in Wisconsin  - Page 8 Empty8/15/2011, 3:29 pm

[quote="Artie60438"]
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

As Scorpion pointed out
Quote :

The purpose of the recall vote was to acquire Democrat control of the senate; it failed.
It’s kind of cute how you guys have taken chicken shit and tried to turn it into chicken salad.
But that first bite still tasted exactly like chicken shit, didn’t it?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Happenings in Wisconsin    Happenings in Wisconsin  - Page 8 Empty8/15/2011, 6:16 pm

happy jack wrote:

The purpose of the recall vote was to acquire Democrat control of the senate; it failed.
It’s kind of cute how you guys have taken chicken shit and tried to turn it into chicken salad.
But that first bite still tasted exactly like chicken shit, didn’t it?
No,not at all. Since you rarely if ever do any research before spouting off foolishly on a subject,I guess I'll have to explain it to you further......

1) The GOP went from a strong 19-14 advantage to a very weak 17-16 majority.
2) We picked up 2 seats the Democratic party couldn't even win in the Obama landslide of 2008.
3) We pulled off only the 14th & 15th successful recalls of state legislators in American history.
4) In just a few months,11 other Republican Wisconsin state senators and Scott Walker become eligible for recall.
5) As I pointed out before,if we end up having to endure the horror of a similar loss rate in wingnut held US Congressional races we will end up with another huge majority in the House and an even bigger Super majority in the Senate then we did after 2008.

So yeah,the chicken salad tastes pretty darn good. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Happenings in Wisconsin    Happenings in Wisconsin  - Page 8 Empty8/15/2011, 9:04 pm

You failed to achieve your majority.

Artie60438 wrote:

Doesn't surprise me that you'd enjoy that flavor.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Happenings in Wisconsin    Happenings in Wisconsin  - Page 8 Empty8/15/2011, 9:32 pm

happy jack wrote:

Artie60438 wrote:

Beating your silly arguments to a pulp is always a hoot. Thanks for serving up another one. lol!
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Happenings in Wisconsin    Happenings in Wisconsin  - Page 8 Empty8/15/2011, 9:43 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

Artie60438 wrote:

Beating your silly arguments to a pulp is always a hoot. Thanks for serving up another one. lol!
Do you mean my argument about Democrats having no majority?
Entirely pulp-free, as far as I can tell.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Happenings in Wisconsin    Happenings in Wisconsin  - Page 8 Empty8/16/2011, 12:17 am

What a load of rubbish.

Here's what you said when the recalls were first brought up...

happy jack wrote:
I'm willing to bet that the only ones who would vote for a recall are those who wouldn't be supporting the Republicans under any circumstances anyway, so I doubt that a recall would have as much traction as you imagine.

Yeah. Well based on the results, I think it's safe to say that you lost your "bet."

Would the Democrats have preferred to win one more recall election? Of course. But there is no doubt that history was made in the recall elections. Before last week, only 2 recalls had succeeded in the entire history of Wisconsin. The Democrats managed to double that total.

This was never only about "winning back the majority." It was about sending a message to the Republicans that they can't just ram through an agenda that the majority of the state disagreed with and expect to go unchallenged.

The stage is now set for a recall of the Governor. His best bet at this point is to compromise with the Democrats. If he doesn't, he'll be lucky if he stays in office. The Democrats did very well in districts that leaned Republican.

If you had bothered to follow either of the links that I provided you would already know this...

Quote :
Republicans will not admit this, but the numbers showed significant strength for Democrats even in the districts they lost — strength that could grow if lawmakers continue cutting spending and taxes while reducing the negotiating rights of working families. In one rural senatorial district that had not elected a Democrat in a century, the Democratic candidate reached 48 percent of the vote. Another race was also close, and as Nate Silver noted in The Times, the overall results suggest that a contemplated statewide recall of Mr. Walker himself would be too close to call.

Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Happenings in Wisconsin    Happenings in Wisconsin  - Page 8 Empty8/16/2011, 11:00 am

Scorpion wrote:

This was never only about "winning back the majority."
Well, then - mission accomplished.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Happenings in Wisconsin    Happenings in Wisconsin  - Page 8 Empty8/16/2011, 2:46 pm

Scorpion wrote:
But there is no doubt that history was made in the recall elections. Before last week, only 2 recalls had succeeded in the entire history of Wisconsin. The Democrats managed to double that total.

.... no doubt enshrining themselves in the Cheese Hall of Fame.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Happenings in Wisconsin    Happenings in Wisconsin  - Page 8 Empty8/16/2011, 10:25 pm

cheers
Wisconsin Recall Election Results: Democrats Keep State Senate Seats
Quote :
Both of the Democratic Wisconsin state senators up for recall elections have survived.

The Democrats targeted in Tuesday's election were among the 14 senators who fled the state in February in opposition to Republican Gov. Scott Walker's proposal curbing public employee collective bargaining rights.

Both won in recalls against Republican challengers.

Democratic Sen. Bob Wirch of Pleasant Prairie defeated Kenosha attorney Jonathan Steitz. Sen. Jim Holperin of Conover beat tea party Republican Kim Simac of Eagle River.

Republicans still hold majority control of the Senate even with the wins. Democrats knocked off two Republicans in recall elections last month, but not enough to take control.

A third Democrat won a recall election last month.

Wisconsin Democratic party leaders say they are moving ahead with plans to mount an effort to recall Walker next year, even though Republicans retained their majority in the Senate.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Happenings in Wisconsin    Happenings in Wisconsin  - Page 8 Empty8/17/2011, 12:22 am

Artie60438 wrote:

Republicans still hold majority control of the Senate even with the wins.

Enjoy that chicken salad.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Happenings in Wisconsin    Happenings in Wisconsin  - Page 8 Empty8/17/2011, 10:38 pm

Scorpion wrote:

Would the Democrats have preferred to win one more recall election? Of course. But there is no doubt that history was made in the recall elections. Before last week, only 2 recalls had succeeded in the entire history of Wisconsin. The Democrats managed to double that total.

This was never only about "winning back the majority." It was about sending a message to the Republicans that they can't just ram through an agenda that the majority of the state disagreed with and expect to go unchallenged.
Gee,what could have possibly taken place recently that would have caused Kasich to change his tune and now be open to compromise?
Kasich seeking compromise in Senate Bill 5 debate
Quote :
CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) -
Gov. John Kasich and top Republican lawmakers said Wednesday they're offering to weaken a new law limiting collective bargaining in an attempt to keep a repeal effort off the November ballot.

Kasich's administration released a letter asking for a meeting Friday to discuss a compromise with 10 union leaders involved with We Are Ohio, the group pushing for a repeal of the law.

I'll have the "chicken salad" on Rye please Very Happy Yum.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Happenings in Wisconsin    Happenings in Wisconsin  - Page 8 Empty11/8/2011, 8:37 pm

Ohio Voters Emphatically Reject Kasich’s Anti-Union Law
Quote :
Ohio Democrats, who got absolutely creamed in the 2010 elections, have now won a major victory over Republican Gov. John Kasich — massively winning a referendum to repeal Kasich’s anti-public employee union law.

With 19% of precincts reporting — which includes a significant chunk of the total ballots, due to early-votes being counted quickly — the bill known as SB 5 is losing by a margin of 63%-37%, and the “No” position has been projected as the winner by the Associated Press.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Happenings in Wisconsin    Happenings in Wisconsin  - Page 8 Empty5/11/2012, 6:07 pm

Proof positive that Scott Walker's plan all along was to destroy unions.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Happenings in Wisconsin    Happenings in Wisconsin  - Page 8 Empty6/5/2012, 10:32 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Artie60438 wrote:

I'll have the "chicken salad" on Rye please Very Happy Yum.

Enjoy.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/06/05/schultz_reacts_to_walker_win_he_could_be_indicted_in_the_next_few_days.html

Schultz On Walker Win: He Could "Be Indicted In The Next Few Days"

Ed Schultz, an ardent supporter of unions and the recall of Gov. Scott Walker, reacts to the Wisconsin electorate voting to keep Walker as governor.

………

"Certainly it is not the end and it's going to be an opportunity for the progressive movement to regroup nationally and understand exactly what they are up against," a teary-eyed lol! lol! lol! lol! Schultz lamented.
………

Ed Schultz concluded the segment by making a wild assertion. "Scott Walker could very well be indicted in the coming days," the MSNBC host said.

Yeah.
Whatever you say, Special Ed.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Happenings in Wisconsin    Happenings in Wisconsin  - Page 8 Empty6/6/2012, 10:50 am

Final Exit Polls Still Show Obama Ahead in Wisconsin
Quote :
With updated Wisconsin exit poll data in, First Read notes that voters prefer President Obama over Mitt Romney in the presidential election by a 51% to 44% margin.

But there's a big caveat: As much as 12% of the electorate voted absentee, and absentees are not included in the exit poll.

Meanwhile, The Fix explains what happened with the ever changing exit poll numbers last night.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Happenings in Wisconsin    Happenings in Wisconsin  - Page 8 Empty6/6/2012, 10:55 am

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

[b]Enjoy that chicken salad.
Once again I get the last laugh lol!
Democrats gain control of Senate in Wisconsin recall election
Quote :
After a vote tabulation glitch in Racine County, Democrat John Lehman appears to have come out on top in a state senate recall that late Tuesday night looked like it was going the way of incumbent Republican Van Wanggard. The margin is less than 1,000 votes, and Wanggard has yet to concede though Lehman, who held the seat until 2010, declared victory.

It’s only one seat, but that’s enough for now to flip control of the state senate from the GOP to Democrats, a change that could in theory make things harder for Walker to impose his conservative agenda in Madison.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Happenings in Wisconsin    Happenings in Wisconsin  - Page 8 Empty6/6/2012, 6:34 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

[b]Enjoy that chicken salad.
Once again I get the last laugh lol!
Democrats gain control of Senate in Wisconsin recall election
Quote :
After a vote tabulation glitch in Racine County, Democrat John Lehman appears to have come out on top in a state senate recall that late Tuesday night looked like it was going the way of incumbent Republican Van Wanggard. The margin is less than 1,000 votes, and Wanggard has yet to concede though Lehman, who held the seat until 2010, declared victory.

It’s only one seat, but that’s enough for now to flip control of the state senate from the GOP to Democrats, a change that could in theory make things harder for Walker to impose his conservative agenda in Madison.

Enjoy the chicken salad.
But try to avoid the chunks of corn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happenings in Wisconsin    Happenings in Wisconsin  - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Happenings in Wisconsin
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next