Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

THIS MAKES SENSE...Obama, GET OUT OF THEIR WAY!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
UrRight

PostSubject: THIS MAKES SENSE...Obama, GET OUT OF THEIR WAY!   9/7/2011, 7:37 am

http://www.cnbc.com/id/44409176

John Schiller, chairman and CEO of Energy XXI, said "if the government would get out of the way, from a regulation standpoint, and let us [XXI] do what we do good you'll see us continue to hire and grow this economy."

(CEOs Want OBAMA out of their way to stimulate job growth).

Looks like Obama thinks throwing money at a problem is his way of dealing with it.

Pr4oblem is..he hasn't learned a darn thing from the past.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: THIS MAKES SENSE...Obama, GET OUT OF THEIR WAY!   9/7/2011, 8:04 am

UrRight wrote:

John Schiller, chairman and CEO of Energy XXI, said "if the government would get out of the way, from a regulation standpoint, and let us [XXI] do what we do good you'll see us continue to hire and grow this economy."
More right-wing BS which I'm sure the wingnut clowns will be parroting tonight.......Too bad it's not true...
Drill, Baby, Drill Fails: Obama Presides Over Record Growth in Oil Rigs, Still Gets Blamed by GOP for High Oil Prices

Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: THIS MAKES SENSE...Obama, GET OUT OF THEIR WAY!   9/7/2011, 8:17 am

Artie60438 wrote:
UrRight wrote:

More right-wing BS which I'm sure the wingnut clowns will be parroting tonight.......Too bad it's not true...
Drill, Baby, Drill Fails: Obama Presides Over Record Growth in Oil Rigs, Still Gets Blamed by GOP for High Oil Prices

Yeah, well Art, heard the Feds are investigating fraud in gas prices...under Obama. Been a few days since I read it. Heard the drilling they are doing is a drop in the bucket. why aren't gas prices coming down? Oh, the weather.

As far as right wing, left wing...everyone is nuts out there.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: THIS MAKES SENSE...Obama, GET OUT OF THEIR WAY!   9/7/2011, 9:55 am

Ok, I'm reading a downstate newspaper right now in IN, that it is so far behind the times it isn't online.

I type pretty fast, so I'll give you what I read, which now makes sense.

For years oil has been sold on the U.S. Commodities Markets. A few years ago, the market began to act irratically and the price of oil doubled.

On a 60 Minutes airing in April of 2009 broadcast, it explained the situation.

You still there???

The purpose of crude oil bei9ng traded on the futures market was to give people who needed the product, such as farmers, an idea of what crops would be worth months before a harvest; manufacturers could get the best price for their raw materials; and fuel expenses could be better managed by airlines. But in 2008, the price of crude doubled costing more than $147.00 a barrel.

When this occurred, Dan Gilligan, the president of the Petroleum Marketer's Assoc., became suspicious.

Gilligan, who represented 8,000 wholesale and retail suppliers, told 60 Minutes a new breed of investor had invaded the commodities market and they hold between 60 and 70 percent of oil contracts in the futures market.

These investors are not people who need oil-their sole purpose is to make money on the market for oil.

This practice is what is draining consumers at the pump.

All investors putting money in the futures market were driving the price up. There wasn't a supply and demand that could justify crude going from somewhere in the $60-$70s to $147.00 a barrel. Tey were trading 27 barrels of crude for every one barrel that was consumed, said SCOTT IMUS, Exec. Dir. of the Indiana Petroleum Marketers and Convenience Store Assoc.

According to Imus, the situation hasn't changed much today.

The Energy Information Administration said world-wide supply went up and world-wide demand went down; "and we had the largest increase in h9istory when demand was going down - the only nthing that made sense was investor demand".

So, (article goes on)

If big businesses, like the Koch family who controls Hedge fund prices, are deliberately pushing the price of crude up for personal gain, where does that leave cons8umers?

Well, according to Congressman Joe Donnelly, a LAW is in the works that will prevent big business entities from profiting off crude oil trading.

"Last year I supported The Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, which requires the creation of regulations to limit Wall Street's ability, through excessive market speculation, to manipulate the price of oil for its financial gain". (That's Congressman Joey Donnelly still talking.)

Here, he continues: "While some legislators are currently working to weaken this law, I believe we must enforce these new rules in order to reduce price increases caqused by Wall Street speculators. I am additionally supportive of the U.S. Attorney General's formation of the Oil and Gas Price Fraud Working Group that will monitor oil and gas markets for violations of criminal or civ9il laws", Donnelly said.

Donnelly said the regulations were suppose to be in place this past January. And it was reported last week, Commodity Futures Trading Commission Chairman Gary Gensler now expects the commission to vote on the rules as early as Sept. 22,2011.

Donnelly picks up here at the forum held in Knox Community Center, last Thursday.....

He's frustrated at the bureaucratic rule-making process andthat the rules should,ve been on the books already...and he is going to continue to oppose Republican efforts in the House to further delay or block their implementation. (This guy is a Democrat, I like what he's saying and doing, even if he called himself a Republican!!!!!-Me)

Ok, 2 paragraphs left.

Pointing out the pointers:

Fuel prices would be considerably lower if crude purchases on the commodities market wasn't driving the demand up.

crude oi9l inventories are at a 5 yr. high and oil demand is down. Yet crude has rocketed from $85 a barrel in Feb. to more than $110 in April. If ya look atsupply and demand...he says, crude oil should be $60 plus a barrell, which would make fuel price about $2.50 a gallon.

So, drilling all you want doesn't mean squat until this Congressman Joey, the guy, Gilligan, the agencies involved, get this crap passed.

See, in this case it is the millionair Repos who are in the HOUSE blocking this shitz.

I can be fair, I don't care what party they belong to. This guy, Imus the Exec. is right!

Credit also goes to a state rep. Nancy Dembowski and Senator Ed Charbonneau and WKVI radio..and discredit me.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: THIS MAKES SENSE...Obama, GET OUT OF THEIR WAY!   9/7/2011, 10:09 am

UrRight wrote:

Yeah, well Art, heard the Feds are investigating fraud in gas prices...under Obama. Been a few days since I read it.
I hope you realize that Obama,nor his administration are the ones being investigated.
High gasoline prices prompt Justice Department to eye energy industry
Quote :
Prodded by growing public frustration over sharply rising gasoline prices, the Justice Department on Thursday announced the formation of a team -- the "Oil and Gas Price Fraud Working Group -- tasked with the goal of ensuring consumers are not victims of price gouging.

Gas prices exceeding $4 per gallon or higher are "tough" for most Americans, President Barack Obama told an audience in Reno, Nevada. "We are going to make sure that no one is taking advantage of American consumers for their own short-term gain."

"This gas issue is serious," the president said. "It hurts."

Attorney General Eric Holder made no secret the move is a direct response to public angst, not to current evidence of any illegal conduct.

"Rapidly rising gasoline prices are pinching the pockets of consumers across the country," Holder said in a written statement released at the Justice Department.

"We will be vigilant in monitoring the oil and gas markets for any wrongdoing so that consumers can be confident they are not paying higher prices as a result of illegal activity," he said.

The working group will report to the existing Financial Fraud Task Force, which in turn reports to the attorney general.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: THIS MAKES SENSE...Obama, GET OUT OF THEIR WAY!   9/7/2011, 10:37 am

That's the point I was trying to make, however, with all respect for an answer to a question I never asked before... I now ask...why does Pres. Obama not use HIS power and demand his own investigation and order what is right that is just plain wrong?

I am nursing an infected leg...from an incident in JUNE...and didn't get to keep the Dr. that Obama said would be ok to, instead told to go to an ER by Walgreen's :WE CARE" clinic, a hospital outpt. clinic, and now suffering cuz it doesn't call for an er room until my leg is ready to get cut off, due to it developing a serious infection.

So I finally get to lay down and elevate the leg...and type all day. I can pay to keep my doc, but gee, I hate running up hospital bills and waiting 15 hours in an ER room even when I had insurance and a doc who loves me.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: THIS MAKES SENSE...Obama, GET OUT OF THEIR WAY!   9/7/2011, 10:52 am

Artie60438 wrote:
UrRight wrote:

Yeah, well Art, heard the Feds are investigating fraud in gas prices...under Obama. Been a few days since I read it.
I hope you realize that Obama,nor his administration are the ones being investigated.
Quote :
Prodded by growing public frustration over sharply rising gasoline prices, the Justice Department on Thursday announced the formation of a team -- the "Oil and Gas Price Fraud Working Group -- tasked with the goal of ensuring consumers are not victims of price gouging.

Gas prices exceeding $4 per gallon or higher are "tough" for most Americans, President Barack Obama told an audience in Reno, Nevada. "We are going to make sure that no one is taking advantage of American consumers for their own short-term gain."

Attorney General Eric Holder made no secret the move is a direct response to public angst, not to current evidence of any illegal conduct.

"Rapidly rising gasoline prices are pinching the pockets of consumers across the country," Holder said in a written statement released at the Justice Department.

"We will be vigilant in monitoring the oil and gas markets for any wrongdoing so that consumers can be confident they are not paying higher prices as a result of illegal activity," he said.

The working group will report to the existing Financial Fraud Task Force, which in turn reports to the attorney general.

Wait a horse's minute...what I posted was well known before last January and Obama and Holder are now on a feeding frenzy as if they did all the leg work?
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: THIS MAKES SENSE...Obama, GET OUT OF THEIR WAY!   9/7/2011, 10:58 am

Artie60438 wrote:
UrRight wrote:

Quote :

OF WHICH THEY SHOULD GET NO CREDIT FOR. Someone tapped them on the shoulder..when the ERoom's are backed up..which they already are..before THEY chose a doctor under managed care, which I already was under...they can eat their borrowed words.

Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: THIS MAKES SENSE...Obama, GET OUT OF THEIR WAY!   9/7/2011, 10:58 am

Quote :
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: THIS MAKES SENSE...Obama, GET OUT OF THEIR WAY!   9/7/2011, 11:10 am

I am positive POTUS and FLOTUS knew how hard $4.00 a gallon of gas is on American people while jet-setting to Hawaii with family and friends over the last 3 years. When was the last time he pumped his own gas or heard relatives and friends who can't make it to a funeral' wedding or come help with yard work for a widow cuz they lost their jobs and can't afford gas?

Guess it takes reality to slap them in the face and really feel the pain.

No..they will feel it when no one has money to pay even tollways. You can't have your gas and eat tollway fees, too. LOL.

Just as they can't fly around and count on taxpayers to support them in gov't positions.

Sometimes it takes hitting bottom to come up for air..changing YOUR life to show who is right or wrong...setting examples..knowing you can't just talk. You need proof, etc. This POTUS..all he has is excuses.

THE DOJ is the only saviour for seeking the truth. If you are right, if you have facts, witnesses, documentation..even the POTUS can't hide from them.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: THIS MAKES SENSE...Obama, GET OUT OF THEIR WAY!   9/7/2011, 11:22 am

Artie60438 wrote:
Quote :

I gave you documentation from last JANUARY...THEY knew COMMODITIES were involved..not priced for demand. 9 months later you r saying that, above?????

Potus and Holder now bring it up 9 months later? What is their job titles again? LOL Others brought it up long, long ago...now POTUS and HOLDER want to act like it is so new...just in time for elections.

It had to have taken a LONG 3 years since Obama was elected, since hundreds of ice cream cones and hamburgers were consumed, jet fuel wasted..for someone to tap him three years later to get his attention that crude oil and gas prices were rigged. PUN intended.

Last edited by UrRight on 9/7/2011, 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: THIS MAKES SENSE...Obama, GET OUT OF THEIR WAY!   9/7/2011, 11:27 am

Artie60438 wrote:
Quote :

He made no secret of the move; he made a secret of the timing.

What's that tell you?

..and Artie, I respect your opinion, and love debating with you respectfully. I am not knocking your answers...I love talking..cuz..see my signature line? I think I am the only poster from 2004 that never changed their signature line. This sucks laying around.

Gonna go clean and fluck this leg.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: THIS MAKES SENSE...Obama, GET OUT OF THEIR WAY!   9/7/2011, 11:43 am

Before I take a break... uh, a response not to wrong doing but any other reason? That's enough?

How about addressing wrong-doings? NOT public cries. Public cries are an alert to wrong doings. To ignore them and later say after the fact when the DOJ gets involved, to pretend it just came to your attention nine months after an initial investigation was concluded and documented as wrong-doing..I suggest you take a break today, Art. Quit looking at the "D" or "R" and yell beyond that. Go for the truth.

I see you as an "enabler".
Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: THIS MAKES SENSE...Obama, GET OUT OF THEIR WAY!   9/8/2011, 6:35 am

UR - you can go to any doctor you want to. However, if you choose one out of your network, you have to pay more. That's the way my insurance has always worked. After my cancer surgery, it was worth a larger deductible and higher co-pay to stay with the surgeon who operated instead of changing that first 5 years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THIS MAKES SENSE...Obama, GET OUT OF THEIR WAY!   

Back to top Go down

THIS MAKES SENSE...Obama, GET OUT OF THEIR WAY!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Nation/Other :: Nation/World-
Jump to: