Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gas Prices to hit $4.00 a Gallon by Spring!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
UrRight

Gas Prices to hit $4.00 a Gallon by Spring! Empty
PostSubject: Gas Prices to hit $4.00 a Gallon by Spring!   Gas Prices to hit $4.00 a Gallon by Spring! Empty12/31/2010, 8:55 am

Yep, even though the USA is using less gas, China and a few other countries are gouging it up.

What I don't understand is...something my brother said.

He said we can run our cars on natural gas without the oil, but the politicians are just ignoring it, because they are making out with the oil industry.

My brother said natural gas is plentiful in the USA. What's he talking about? I dunno.

Anyway...when the seniors/disabled/retired are denied a cost of living because they claimed that there was no inflation...

How can they deny them the money they put away in soc. security? It's their money.

Meanwhile food prices have gone up. Gas and electric went up...how is this fair when we spend billions a week on these wars?

Why doesn't the POTUS show by example, instead of taking all those vacations, etc. I realize past POTUS' did, but we're in dire straights right now.

Why can't politicians just pay into social security and forget pensions. Why does the public have to suffer? Old people that can hardly pay for medicine and food, yet worked all their lives and paid into the soc. sec., and how is it legal for the gov't to tell them they are not getting a cost of living raise on their money they paid in, that is rightfully owned by them...not the gov't.

I just have bad feelings about the new year. There will be one battle after another with the Republicans vs Democrats. I see nothing but trouble ahead.

Guess I am going to ride a bike this year as much as I hate to think (no matter where you live) you could get shot or run over.

I can't afford $4.00 a gallon, that is for sure.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Gas Prices to hit $4.00 a Gallon by Spring!   Gas Prices to hit $4.00 a Gallon by Spring! Empty12/31/2010, 9:15 am

UrRight wrote:

Anyway...when the seniors/disabled/retired are denied a cost of living because they claimed that there was no inflation...

Why doesn't the POTUS show by example, instead of taking all those vacations, etc. I realize past POTUS' did, but we're in dire straights right now.
Obama tried to give seniors a COLA increase. Guess who obstructed it?

GOP blocks legislation to award seniors $250
Wed Dec 8, 9:30 pm ET

Quote :
WASHINGTON – House and Senate Republicans on Wednesday thwarted Democratic efforts to award $250 checks to Social Security recipients facing a second consecutive year without a cost-of-living increase.

President Barack Obama and Democrats have urged approval of the one-time payment, saying seniors barely getting by on their Social Security checks face undue hardships without the COLA increase.

Democrats and advocacy groups say the formula does not accurately reflect the living costs of seniors, who pay more for such commodities as health care and drugs.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Gas Prices to hit $4.00 a Gallon by Spring!   Gas Prices to hit $4.00 a Gallon by Spring! Empty12/31/2010, 10:04 am

Well, thanks for informing me. It's ridiculous...

I just found this in the "Speak-Out" column today in the SouthtownStar.com:

A former Shell executive pegs gasoline prices to be $5 by 2012. It’s time for Congress to think about the American public and start allowing oil drilling in Alaska. The small footprint it would make is miniscule in the scheme of things. We need a break from escalatinion, even if Congress says there is no inflation. They live in a fantasy land where they think they are royalty.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Gas Prices to hit $4.00 a Gallon by Spring!   Gas Prices to hit $4.00 a Gallon by Spring! Empty12/31/2010, 10:08 am

Here's another "Speak-out," but, on healthcare...

My health insurance has sent me a letter that says that due to the requirements of the Affordable Care Act that my coverage will cost about $3,000 more a year. Thanks, Sen. Dick Durbin and President Obama for the new health care law that you passed. When the costs double next year and I can’t pay it, do I go to jail?

JM from Justice
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Gas Prices to hit $4.00 a Gallon by Spring!   Gas Prices to hit $4.00 a Gallon by Spring! Empty12/31/2010, 10:52 am

UrRight wrote:
What I don't understand is...something my brother said.

He said we can run our cars on natural gas without the oil, but the politicians are just ignoring it, because they are making out with the oil industry.

My brother said natural gas is plentiful in the USA.

The Potential Gas Committee estimates we have 100 years of "technically" recoverable gas. Two things - First, "technically" recoverable does not mean "commercially" recoverable, so the amount of gas we can use is actually lower (as low as 25%). Second, that estimate is at current rates only. Replacing our gasoline use with natural gas will ramp up consumption by orders of magnitude, dropping that number considerably.

Bottom line - we're still boned.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Gas Prices to hit $4.00 a Gallon by Spring!   Gas Prices to hit $4.00 a Gallon by Spring! Empty12/31/2010, 11:24 am

Still don't umderstand...why are our oil fields still shut down, thus increase in importing? Why are we no longer manufacturing our own goods?

I am so sick of buying girls jeans when a Junior size 2 is too small, yet I got to buy kids jeans made in Japan?

Why can't we tell the CEO's to live where their sweat shops are, and bring back our mfg. jobs. We at least know what size, and how to manufacture our own American flag.

Whether you go to Macy's, K-Mart, Walmart, or Kohls, same ole name tag brands with flunctuating prices with the same old "try on twenty jeans until you find the right size. I'm not talking 22W, I'm talking about a small body frame that the Japs can't even figure out for over the "forty" crowd.

I want Americans back to work...fluck this overseas shitz. Throw the CEO's out, and do the right thing. If they are true American CEOs and the politicians don't get pay backs, giving them tax breaks...we wouldn't be so broke.

Everyone says to buy USA...where?
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Gas Prices to hit $4.00 a Gallon by Spring!   Gas Prices to hit $4.00 a Gallon by Spring! Empty12/31/2010, 12:28 pm

UrRight wrote:
Still don't umderstand...why are our oil fields still shut down

They're not shut down. They simply peaked 40 years ago.

UrRight wrote:
Why are we no longer manufacturing our own goods?

We stopped taxing those cheap imports, taxes that were keeping American made goods cost competitive with their cheap overseas counterparts. The decision to move a manufacturing plant to a country where they could pay the workers 2 cents a day rather than $7.00 an hour was an easy economic decision to make.

Why we are doing isn't very complicated; solutions are the hard part.

UrRight wrote:
Everyone says to buy USA.

Can we afford it anymore? I wonder.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Gas Prices to hit $4.00 a Gallon by Spring!   Gas Prices to hit $4.00 a Gallon by Spring! Empty12/31/2010, 12:56 pm

Still don't get it. We are used to manufacturing..then it slipped to other countries.
What are we headed for - what's the purpose of being the USA when we outsource, and yet we have the sources...

From education to manufacturing...we should be ahead, not behind. What the heck has happened?

I don't understand because to me, economics is involved. If the politicians had a half of a brain, non of this would have happened.

We were the leaders..now headed for the third world..helping the third worlds. B/S if you ask me. I just don't understand the logic.

Building up infrastracture in Afghanistan, among other countries, yet South Dakota, Atlanta can't afford snow plows.

Whatever happened to Haiti? All the pros in Hollywood disappear. Self-exposure...and things got worse.

In South Korea, they slaughtered a million pigs, ducks and chickens today. Is that where our food comes from?

Food and mouth disease, and the birds...bird flue. Can't we ever just keep our own business in the U.S.? Why are we so concerned about building up other countries while our own deterioates?

Notice the POTHOLES already? Because as my best friend's father said in the '70s, shortly before he died, he said they were purposely using inferior products to keep the roads broken so they can keep the jobs going.

By now, we should be ahead of the rest of the world like California. They use a rubber reflex base that changes with the weather.

But of course, because of the inflation of illegals...they don't want you to know who is doing the work, and the technology involved. I hit three pot holes this week. Big ones.

The USA is crooked.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Gas Prices to hit $4.00 a Gallon by Spring!   Gas Prices to hit $4.00 a Gallon by Spring! Empty12/31/2010, 1:18 pm

UrRight wrote:
Still don't get it. We are used to manufacturing..then it slipped to other countries.

Overseas labor is cheaper. Very simple.

UrRight wrote:
What are we headed for - what's the purpose of being the USA when we outsource, and yet we have the sources...

Sources for what?

UrRight wrote:
We were the leaders..now headed for the third world..helping the third worlds.

That's pretty much how it works. There's nothing that could be done to eliminate the Third World; all we can do is switch places with it. And we're on our way.

This planet is just too small for everyone on it to live like Americans. Someone will have to draw the short stick.

UrRight wrote:
By now, we should be ahead of the rest of the world like California.

We should be. But global warming isn't real and Jesus will rain down resources from the sky like manna from heaven. Or so Republican's think...

UrRight wrote:
But of course, because of the inflation of illegals...

Wow. You were so close to a semi coherent post...
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Gas Prices to hit $4.00 a Gallon by Spring!   Gas Prices to hit $4.00 a Gallon by Spring! Empty12/31/2010, 2:20 pm

Meant too many illegals...I can't remember what the hell inflation meant until the Politicians used it in "reverse".

Too many damn illegals...we have got to depend on ourselves and just pay back China and tell them to go to hell.

Heck, we know how to make shitz, we don't need them, nor the CEOs that pay 2 cents an hour.

Kick the CEOs out, tell them to live on WHAT THEY PAY OUT and WHERE THEY FARM OUT..and become citizens of THAT country. Take back ours.

How worse can it get? We don't need their shit we can produce ourselves. Toys without lead, food, etc...fluck 'em.

Those CEOs, once you diss them, they should not live here. Go where you work. Go where you need to pay taxes. Not here. We can do without. We don't need the greedy bast-ards, and you all know it's about kick backs to the politicians.

Take away the boogers, the nose clears up.

It's all corruption. We know it, you know it, they know it. It isn't about what we can do for our country anymore, it's about what the hell "the politicians can do for our country!"

I bet ole' Teddy Kennedy didn't have this vision for Obama taking vacations with all the stuff that needs to be done, but not rushed through. Sometimes I wish he was alive to tell Obambie he's "crossing the line...put away the bling-bling lifestyle". "Get to work...!!!!
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Gas Prices to hit $4.00 a Gallon by Spring!   Gas Prices to hit $4.00 a Gallon by Spring! Empty1/1/2011, 12:31 pm

Heretic wrote:

UrRight wrote:
We were the leaders..now headed for the third world..helping the third worlds.

That's pretty much how it works. There's nothing that could be done to eliminate the Third World; all we can do is switch places with it. And we're on our way.

This planet is just too small for everyone on it to live like Americans. Someone will have to draw the short stick.

UrRight wrote:
By now, we should be ahead of the rest of the world like California.

We should be. But global warming isn't real and Jesus will rain down resources from the sky like manna from heaven. Or so Republican's think...

UrRight wrote:
But of course, because of the inflation of illegals...

Wow. You were so close to a semi coherent post...
The article in Salon fails to address what I think should be the main question,will America's decline as a super power be a good thing or a bad thing for humanity as a whole? As long as we remain a nation that elects people like James Inhofe and Michele Bachmann to represent us,it is in the best interest of humanity for the power and influence of the US to diminish as quickly as possible.Every person on the planet will be impacted by the effects of AGW, so IMO it is in the best interest of all of us for policy to be created by governments that recognize the threat that AGW poses and are willing to take action to lessen it's impact. Unless we can start electing leaders who care more about the planet than the profits of fossil fuel companies, the best hope to solve to AGW crisis is for other countries like China and India to take the role as leaders.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Gas Prices to hit $4.00 a Gallon by Spring!   Gas Prices to hit $4.00 a Gallon by Spring! Empty1/1/2011, 1:10 pm

Not getting my point, Sparks.

We were a nation at war - WWII. It was about freedom.

We've come to the point where my father who still has sharpel in him, never asking for a Purple Heart, what'eva, saying this is not a real war. Not the kind you fight for freedom.

It's a religious war and we have enough to secure our own nation and allow them to kill each other. They chose their path...let them die. Who cares? Just don't kill our kids and the upper hands in the military. We have no business telling other countries what to do, yet we suffer doing so.

As far as making the American Flag, producing toys without lead, and the list goes on...screw them. I wish parents would go back to the days of just reading books and making toys out of wood.

The one society that has no worries is the Amish. We should use their principles...to regain our country,

Screw the politicians - we support their payrolls, and we do have control over our land. We need to quit thinking any politician we elect is going to change things.

No one can change us...we need to all become one as Americans and demand that we will not buy anymore.

Go and recycle, recycle, recycle, pass down clothes in the family and forget the gov't cuz they don't give a shit about anyone but themselves in Washington. Almost all of who are in Congress are millionaires.

Can you imagine being sick with age, and having to work until you are seventy years old while those retardos collect multiple pensions and take thousands of vacations, don't pay taxes and secure their money overseas?

That's the death panel...telling my dad after working all his life, he had 20 years of taking a break only to suffer the unsufferable cancer...that if they changed the rules today...he would be dead. A long time ago.

If they ever pass that 70 age retirement crap, I'm out of the country. When are you suppose to enjoy life? Dead after working through college til 70? So these idiot politicians can enjoy life, like the idiot in IL the former gov wanting out early to see his wife die?

But never had a penny in his bank acct? Therefore, no taxes paid, yet six kids are dead?

I hate these guys.

You know what is gonna happen? No one is gonna file taxes...everyone is gonna pay cash and stash it.
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Gas Prices to hit $4.00 a Gallon by Spring!   Gas Prices to hit $4.00 a Gallon by Spring! Empty1/2/2011, 8:01 am

UrRight wrote:
Not getting my point, Sparks.

That's because most of the time, it's hard to ascertain what your point is. Heretic had posted an article from Salon about the decline of the economic power of the US. I made some comments about whether the decline will prove to be a bad thing for the rest of humanity. Have you ever considered writing shorter, more thoughtful posts that actually relate to what other posters have written?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gas Prices to hit $4.00 a Gallon by Spring!   Gas Prices to hit $4.00 a Gallon by Spring! Empty

Back to top Go down

Gas Prices to hit $4.00 a Gallon by Spring!
Page 1 of 1