Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Beer Geeks Pub -Highland

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sparks

PostSubject: Beer Geeks Pub -Highland   12/22/2010, 7:05 am

I went to Beer Geeks pub last night for the first time. Beer Geeks has 20 different micro beers on tap including selections from Three Floyds and Figure Eight brewing. Since they specialize in craft beers, it is a non-smoking establishment. They also play a nice selection of music, kept to a level that makes good conversation easy. The crowd that was there was very laid back. No loud mouthed jerks shouting their opinions because they equate loudness with being right. It's also fun to see women who are confident enough to date men because of their brains and personality. I think the deal clincher was to see Beer Geeks has a link to the Thom Hartmann show on their webpage. Changing the world one beer at a time, hope to see you there.
http://www.beergeekspub.com/
Back to top Go down
Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Beer Geeks Pub -Highland   12/22/2010, 9:23 am

I've heard good things but haven't made it yet. My friends that have gone love it. They send a txt out on their Facebook page everytime they change a keg. I can see what I've been missing, and it's been some pretty good stuff. Sister in law turns 21 Thursday; we might be taking her there after dinner. We'll see.
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Beer Geeks Pub -Highland   2/6/2011, 9:06 am

Yesterday afternoon, we heading over to Three Floyd's for some good beer,food and company. The lparking lot was filled and they had a dozen cars out on the street. It's great to see them doing so well, but we weren't in the mood to deal with crowds so we headed to BeerGeeks. Beergeeks is thriving too. I love the fact that they have over twenty craft brews on tap, plus an extensive bottled collection. They are adding bands on Saturday night along with open mike Wednesday. I'm getting ready to brew my first batch for brown ale. I'm fairly good at making wine from kits, but not sure if I want to brew beer or continue with hard cider.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beer Geeks Pub -Highland   12/24/2011, 1:14 am

Terrapin Beer Co. from Athens, GA, will be on tap in Indiana one day only, Friday October 28th at Beer Geeks Pub in collaboration with the Shmaltz Brewing Company. Reunion Ale '11 is a Dark Ale brewed with cocoa nibs from Olive and Sinclair in Nashville, vanilla, and chili peppers. This beer has been brewed to benefit the Institute for Myeloma & Bone Cancer Research. Besides the Reunion, Beer Geeks will have a bunch of great craft and import beer flowing from their other 19 handles. Maybe even a surprise or two. Not into beer? Ciders, Mead and Gourmet Sodas are on their menu as well.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Beer Geeks Pub -Highland   12/24/2011, 10:20 am

What day?
Back to top Go down
paul87920

PostSubject: Re: Beer Geeks Pub -Highland   12/24/2011, 5:01 pm

Sounds fantastic. I love Three Floyds. They used to have one in Hobart that I really enjoyed too, but they're gone now. I do very much enjoy going to the bar in Old Chicago.
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Beer Geeks Pub -Highland   12/25/2011, 9:59 am

Here is a link for Beer Geeks pub. They have a menu listing the current beers on tap. It's a nice place to enjoy great beers in a smoke free environment. There's nothing else like it in NW Indiana.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

PostSubject: Re: Beer Geeks Pub -Highland   12/26/2011, 3:15 am

sparks wrote:
smoke free environment.

When I go to suggest this place to the old man I'm going to pretend I never saw you write that. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beer Geeks Pub -Highland   

Back to top Go down

Beer Geeks Pub -Highland
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Nation/Other :: Travel, Cooking, Restaurants-
Jump to: