Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Finally, a bit of honesty...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Heretic

Heretic

Finally, a bit of honesty... Empty
PostSubject: Finally, a bit of honesty...   Finally, a bit of honesty... Empty11/22/2010, 11:13 am

Warren Buffett: Read My Lips, Raise My Taxes

Quote :
"If anything, taxes for the lower and middle class and maybe even the upper middle class should even probably be cut further," Buffett said. "But I think that people at the high end -- people like myself -- should be paying a lot more in taxes. We have it better than we've ever had it."

. . .

The billionaire brushed aside Republican arguments that letting tax cuts expire for the wealthy would hurt economic growth.

"They say you have to keep those tax cuts, even on the very wealthy, because that is what energizes business and capitalism," anchor Amanpour said.

"The rich are always going to say that, you know, just give us more money and we'll go out and spend more and then it will all trickle down to the rest of you. But that has not worked the last 10 years, and I hope the American public is catching on," Buffett explained.

Sadly, no, I don't think it is.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Finally, a bit of honesty...   Finally, a bit of honesty... Empty11/22/2010, 11:36 am

Heretic wrote:
Warren Buffett: Read My Lips, Raise My Taxes

Quote :
"If anything, taxes for the lower and middle class and maybe even the upper middle class should even probably be cut further," Buffett said. "But I think that people at the high end -- people like myself -- should be paying a lot more in taxes. We have it better than we've ever had it."

. . .

The billionaire brushed aside Republican arguments that letting tax cuts expire for the wealthy would hurt economic growth.

"They say you have to keep those tax cuts, even on the very wealthy, because that is what energizes business and capitalism," anchor Amanpour said.

"The rich are always going to say that, you know, just give us more money and we'll go out and spend more and then it will all trickle down to the rest of you. But that has not worked the last 10 years, and I hope the American public is catching on," Buffett explained.

Sadly, no, I don't think it is.

Yeah. Well IMHO, the Democrats should force a vote on the issue. The GOP will most likely oppose any rollback of the tax cuts for the rich. Personally, I oppose making any of the "Bush tax cuts" permanent.

The best course of action is to let all of the tax cuts expire at the end of this year. Then Obama should propose new tax cuts for the middle class, or some kind of tax rebate check for those making less than 200K or so.

Let the Republicans vote against that, if that's what they choose to do.
Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: Finally, a bit of honesty...   Finally, a bit of honesty... Empty11/22/2010, 4:00 pm

Trickle-down economics didn't work in the 80s. Why think it would work now?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Finally, a bit of honesty...   Finally, a bit of honesty... Empty11/22/2010, 4:06 pm

Scorpion wrote:

Yeah. Well IMHO, the Democrats should force a vote on the issue. The GOP will most likely oppose any rollback of the tax cuts for the rich. Personally, I oppose making any of the "Bush tax cuts" permanent.

The best course of action is to let all of the tax cuts expire at the end of this year. Then Obama should propose new tax cuts for the middle class, or some kind of tax rebate check for those making less than 200K or so.

Let the Republicans vote against that, if that's what they choose to do.
I can't wait to hear how they're going to keep all the Bush tax cuts and reduce the deficit at the same time. For the time being I believe the will continue to obstruct every possible thing they can. After all,it has worked out pretty well for them,hasn't it? Sooner or later though,that behavior is going to wear thin and the electorate will see that the the emperors have no clothes.

Last edited by Artie60438 on 11/22/2010, 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added the comments after the 1st sentence.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally, a bit of honesty...   Finally, a bit of honesty... Empty

Back to top Go down

Finally, a bit of honesty...
Page 1 of 1