Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Most Voters Think House GOP Likely To Disappoint By 2012

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Artie60438

Most Voters Think House GOP Likely To Disappoint By 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Most Voters Think House GOP Likely To Disappoint By 2012   Most Voters Think House GOP Likely To Disappoint By 2012 Empty11/3/2010, 10:38 am

From the Department of WTF were these voters thinking when they were casting their ballots....
Quote :
Hold the celebration. Most voters expected Republicans to win control of the House of Representatives on Election Day, but nearly as many expect to be disappointed with how they perform by the time the 2012 elections roll around.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds, in fact, that 59% of Likely U.S. Voters think it is at least somewhat likely that most voters will be disappointed with Republicans in Congress before the next national elections. That includes 38% who say it is Very Likely.

Overall,I'm looking forward to the wingnuts and teabaggers reminding voters of just how crazy and inept they are.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Most Voters Think House GOP Likely To Disappoint By 2012   Most Voters Think House GOP Likely To Disappoint By 2012 Empty11/3/2010, 6:19 pm

I'm not terribly surprised by last nights results. I wasn't the teabagger landslide they were hoping, thankfully.

Quote :
Overselling the Election Results

But what is it that determines which way they will swing at any given time? Some of it is personality. Obama attracted a fair number of them by sheer charisma in 2010, I believe. But for most of those swing voters, their vote is determined not by personalities or by any deep thinking about the policy differences between the two parties or the two candidates. It's determined by a vague feeling of well-being.

If they feel like things are going well, they vote for the party in power; if they are anxious about how things are going, they vote for the other party. It's really that simple. This is true even if, as current polls are showing, they don't really believe the other party has good policies or that they will do any better. For those voters the thinking is as simple as, "Well, things suck so we might as well give the other guys a shot."

If the economy had gotten appreciably better in the last two years, the result would have been entirely different. If the economy does get better in the next two years, Obama will almost certainly be reelected -- never mind the fact that presidents really have very little influence over the economy, that their success is entirely dependent on something they have fleeting control over.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Most Voters Think House GOP Likely To Disappoint By 2012   Most Voters Think House GOP Likely To Disappoint By 2012 Empty11/3/2010, 7:16 pm

Heretic wrote:
I'm not terribly surprised by last nights results. I wasn't the teabagger landslide they were hoping, thankfully.
The teabaggers cost them at least 2 Senate seats,Sharon Angle in NV and the Witch in Delaware.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Most Voters Think House GOP Likely To Disappoint By 2012   Most Voters Think House GOP Likely To Disappoint By 2012 Empty11/4/2010, 11:04 am

IMHO, you can add Ken Buck of Colorado to the list as well.

I can't tell you how relieved I am that Angle failed to become the next Senator from Nevada. Reid may not be exciting, but at least he is mentally competent.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Most Voters Think House GOP Likely To Disappoint By 2012   Most Voters Think House GOP Likely To Disappoint By 2012 Empty11/4/2010, 4:55 pm

Scorpion wrote:
IMHO, you can add Ken Buck of Colorado to the list as well.

I can't tell you how relieved I am that Angle failed to become the next Senator from Nevada. Reid may not be exciting, but at least he is mentally competent.
Unfortunately there's Rand Paul. Good to see you back. You were missed.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Most Voters Think House GOP Likely To Disappoint By 2012   Most Voters Think House GOP Likely To Disappoint By 2012 Empty11/23/2010, 6:36 pm

I see the GOP isn't wasting any time getting down to the business of disappointing their voters...
PROMISES, PROMISES: GOP leader reaps $200 million
By ANDREW TAYLOR, Associated Press Andrew Taylor, Associated Press – 1 hr 42 mins ago

WASHINGTON – Senate Republicans' ban on earmarks — money included in a bill by a lawmaker to benefit a home-state project or interest — was short-lived.

Only three days after GOP senators and senators-elect renounced earmarks, Arizona Sen. Jon Kyl, the No. 2 Senate Republican, got himself a whopping $200 million to settle an Arizona Indian tribe's water rights claim against the government.

Kyl slipped the measure into a larger bill sought by President Barack Obama and passed by the Senate on Friday to settle claims by black farmers and American Indians against the federal government. Kyl's office insists the measure is not an earmark, and the House didn't deem it one when it considered a version earlier this year.

But it meets the know-it-when-you-see-it test, critics say. Under Senate rules, an earmark is a spending item inserted "primarily at the request of a senator" that goes "to an entity, or (is) targeted to a specific state."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most Voters Think House GOP Likely To Disappoint By 2012   Most Voters Think House GOP Likely To Disappoint By 2012 Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1