Let Freedom Reign!


 
HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Obamas take a beach lunch on second vacation day

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9392

PostSubject: Re: Obamas take a beach lunch on second vacation day   8/25/2011, 5:09 pm

happy jack wrote:

[b]I will repeat myself, if I must:
[b]How did this contribute to the current state of the economy?
Again, specifics, please - no generalizations, assumptions, or talking points.
For instance, how many jobs would have been created had this bill passed?
In what field or fields would these jobs have appeared?
And who was responsible for creating these jobs?
And who was to be responsible for paying the workers who took these jobs, if indeed this bill would have caused jobs to actually be created?
I have no intention of wasting my valuable time trying to answer your idiotic hypothetical questions. I do know one thing for sure though.......ZERO jobs were created as a result of Republicans blocking the employment incentives put forth in that bill.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 6018

PostSubject: Re: Obamas take a beach lunch on second vacation day   8/25/2011, 9:26 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

I will repeat myself, if I must:
How did this contribute to the current state of the economy?
Again, specifics, please - no generalizations, assumptions, or talking points.
For instance, how many jobs would have been created had this bill passed?
In what field or fields would these jobs have appeared?
And who was responsible for creating these jobs?
And who was to be responsible for paying the workers who took these jobs, if indeed this bill would have caused jobs to actually be created?
I have no intention of wasting my valuable time trying to answer your idiotic hypothetical questions. I do know one thing for sure though.......ZERO jobs were created as a result of Republicans blocking the employment incentives put forth in that bill.
The only reason I'm asking you any questions at all is due to the fact that you posted a specific bill that you claim would have created jobs if only the Republicans had voted for it. I'm just trying to find out how this bill would have accomplished such results.
No reason to get testy just because you can't back up your own posts.
If you claim that my questions are hypothetical, then that just goes to prove that the jobs you claim would have been created are also hypothetical. Or worse - imaginary.

Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9392

PostSubject: Re: Obamas take a beach lunch on second vacation day   8/25/2011, 10:01 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

I have no intention of wasting my valuable time trying to answer your idiotic hypothetical questions. I do know one thing for sure though.......ZERO jobs were created as a result of Republicans blocking the employment incentives put forth in that bill.

No reason to get testy just because you can't back up your own posts.
I can back up my posts. The incentives put forth in that bill speak for themselves. I just refuse to waste time with you and your simpleton hypothetical questions anymore. It's plain that you're not interested in honest discussion.
Sleep
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 6018

PostSubject: Re: Obamas take a beach lunch on second vacation day   8/26/2011, 11:23 am

Artie60438 wrote:
I just refuse to waste time with you and your simpleton hypothetical questions anymore.
As I said earlier, Artie: I'm asking specific questions about jobs you specifically claim would have been created. If those questions are hypothetical, then so are those alleged jobs. If you can't back up your claims, just admit it and be done with it. It'll be easier on you in the long run.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9392

PostSubject: Re: Obamas take a beach lunch on second vacation day   8/26/2011, 1:32 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
I just refuse to waste time with you and your simpleton hypothetical questions anymore.
As I said earlier, Artie: I'm asking specific questions about jobs you specifically claim would have been created. If those questions are hypothetical, then so are those alleged jobs. If you can't back up your claims, just admit it and be done with it. It'll be easier on you in the long run.
I was mistaken. What you do is create idiotic straw man arguments after you paint yourself into a corner.

Quote :
Fact Sheet: Creating American Jobs and Ending Offshoring Act (S. 3816)
September 27, 2010

The Creating American Jobs and Ending Offshoring Act (S. 3816) would provide tax cuts to companies that bring back outsourced jobs to the United States. This bill would provide 24 months of payroll tax relief to employers for each job brought from overseas to the United States. To be eligible, businesses must certify that the U.S. employee is replacing an employee who had been performing similar duties overseas. The legislation will also close loopholes that provide companies with tax breaks for outsourcing manufacturing jobs.

This bill does three things:

Encourages businesses to create jobs in the United States. The legislation exempts businesses from paying the Social Security payroll tax on wages paid to new U.S. employees performing services in the United States. To be eligible, businesses must certify that the U.S. employee is replacing an employee who had been performing similar duties overseas. This payroll tax relief is available for 24 months for employees hired during the three-year period beginning September 22, 2010.
Ends Subsidies for Plant Closing Costs. The legislation eliminates subsidies that U.S. taxpayers provide to firms that move facilities offshore. The bill prohibits a firm from taking any deduction, loss or credit for amounts paid in connection with reducing or ending the operation of a trade or business in the U.S. and starting or expanding a similar trade or business overseas. The bill would not, however, apply to any severance payments or costs associated with outplacement services or employee retraining provided to any employees that lose their jobs as a result of the offshoring.
Ends Tax Break for Runaway Plants. The legislation ends the federal tax subsidy that rewards U.S. firms that move their production overseas. Under current law, U.S. companies can defer paying U.S. tax on income earned by their foreign subsidiaries until that income is brought back to the United States. This is known as "deferral." Deferral has the effect of putting these firms at a competitive advantage over U.S. firms that hire U.S. workers to make products in the United States. The bill repeals deferral for companies that reduce or close a trade or business in the U.S. and start or expand a similar business overseas for the purpose of importing their products for sale in the United States. U.S. companies that locate facilities abroad in order to sell their products overseas are unaffected by this proposal.
http://sanders.senate.gov/newsroom/news/?id=a36b0754-a8c9-4eb1-aef1-25cc430eeb26

Now please explain to all of us how voting against the above proposals helps to create jobs?

I also noticed you ignored this post In 233+ Days The House GOP Has Voted To Kill 1.9 Million Jobs And Created 0 Any thoughts on these examples?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 6018

PostSubject: Re: Obamas take a beach lunch on second vacation day   8/26/2011, 2:49 pm

Artie60438 wrote:


Now please explain to all of us how voting against the above proposals helps to create jobs?

I have nothing to explain, mainly because I made no claims, one way or the other, which I couldn't back up. You, however, did make such claims and have been unable to document them. Any forthcoming explanations need to come from you, not me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Obamas take a beach lunch on second vacation day   

Back to top Go down
 
Obamas take a beach lunch on second vacation day
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Nation/Other :: Nation/World-
Jump to: