Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My, my, the horrible Festival.....

Go down 
AuthorMessage
UrRight

My, my, the horrible Festival..... Empty
PostSubject: My, my, the horrible Festival.....   My, my, the horrible Festival..... Empty7/13/2010, 7:50 pm

Thousands of festivals are held across the nation during the summer. Never have I encountered such negativity generated by a handful of dumwits.

You would think they would be appreciative, despite and aside of politics...not one of these
:

Half the people on that cruise will be kissing ass the other half will be trying to find a way to cover their ass.

No one visits a city such as the tulip festival in Michigan..thinking politics...welcome the extra money and attention the Festival of the Lakes garners.

The things you people say when others have nothing but a fun time in this miserable war-economics-spill, oil, spill, crooked Washington broken, can't we just forget for a few days and have fun?

Take that last line: DO without, but shut UP. I don't give a ratz azz what you guys think about the political crap behind any of your conspiracy theories. Allow those that have no concern, to enjoy the summer. You can sulk all you want in the winter, but allow people to have a good time during warm months. You must be like FREE: If you can't have fun, NO ONE CAN.

Go patronize that poor woman pushing a cart down the block full of popsicles and then cry us a river.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: My, my, the horrible Festival.....   My, my, the horrible Festival..... Empty7/13/2010, 8:10 pm

may1846 Post subject: Re: Bon Voyage, VIPs.Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:20 pm

Posts: 625 During the old Augustfest you would park your ass in the middle of the park and once every five days the park dept. would come by and hose the dust off you, and feed you peanuts. It wasn't until you were caught under the stage with Mr. V. that you began a one fool campaign to hate everything about it.

Don't see her disputing this one. What goes around, comes around.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: My, my, the horrible Festival.....   My, my, the horrible Festival..... Empty7/13/2010, 8:12 pm

Is Mr. V. the cop who left her off on hitting the Nipsco box drunk as hell? Or the guy she went to Turkey Run in a city-owned truck?

Can't have it both ways, foaming out of the mouth. Embarassed

Like I said, if the statutes didn't run out from the Time Boards, and she's still working on "her" case since what, seven years ago...we have a corrupt judge who is willing to take ths imbocile's case...

Free...get a life. Go do something for yourself. Think outside of HAMMOND and the box you live in. Do something for someone less fortunate than you.

Ask your mother if she needs help in her home, like cleaning. Ask her if you can MOW her lawn, and not pay your cousin. The exercise will clear up your stagnant legs and mind. Not to mention the money she has to pay "cousin" to mow all three lawns.

You can't ask to drive her around, cuz soooo many people lined out to Gary turned you in for not passing an eye test, right?

As long as I speak the truth, Ms. McDermott agrees I am doing no harm. Did I say I consulted her? LOL
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: My, my, the horrible Festival.....   My, my, the horrible Festival..... Empty7/15/2010, 1:52 pm

Gotta laugh at this one from theotherboard.com:

mattlap Post subject: Re: Name the lime green Frank Loyd Wright Wolf Lake Bandshell

freetime wrote:
Can anyone confirm for me that the 15,000 seats in the outdoor amphitheater comprise the new VIP area?
If so, I think "My bandshell" is the perfect name for McDermott's Monstrosity.

The occupancy for the band shell is 15,000. There are no permanent seats. They are the equivalent of "lawn seats" just as at any outdoor concert area.

If you think there are 15,000 seats in the VIP area .....then you are definitely off your meds.

Or, abusing them, Matt. While we're at it, LostMarshaBandshell is the name I volunteered.

Looking at the Times....which I vowed I wouldn't do after a Spanish article...I gave in. What's so ugly about it? We're suppose to be going, "Green", right?

As far as the folding chairs...kinda turned me off. But, I do understand it isnt complete yet.

If they do turn the place into an Aquatic (however you spell it) park, it would bring in additional revenue, and give the kids something to look forward to during months off from school.

Better than the old Dolton pool we had to take our kids to...only to pick up fungus from our feet....why be against "REVENUE"?

I recall a co-worker (granny age) telling me how she loved taking her kids to this park in Indiana...it's advertised on TV...what do you want, a stagnant pool of water or water that "works"?

You can fish at Bass Lake if you need to fish. You can fish anywhere else if that's all you want to do. Without paying a FEE. Of course, you may need to buy a license to fish...but it's good for a year. I wouldn't eat anything out of that mud-ridden lake...that's all the fish have to eat, mud. I wouldn't eat anything out of any lake unless I know the quality of the water. Hell, what's the big deal? Oh, sitting for the VIP's. I didn't see that in the pix in the Times this a.m., so where do the VIPs sit? Looked like a lot of empty seats to me.

I guess Free wants front row seats, umbrella, a drink with an umbrella, and servants.

She doesn't even go there, so what is her gripe? It is going to be a place for kids to go in the summer and generate revenue. Where do they get to go NOW?

It's my opinion it is about time they turn that area into a money-makng place where parents can gather with their children during the summer months, and not have to worry about traveling. Look on the bright side. Add cross-country skiing in the winter...contests. I don't know...you guys are so damn negative over ontheotherboard.com.

I still dont understand why everyone thinks it's an ugly bandshell. It wasn't near what I thought they described. It doesn't look complete yet, and I'm guessing it will look better when they are done finishing it off..unless I misinterpreted that...Just add some Hut-type Mexican grass hanging off the sides during the summer.

Make an ice-rink out of the lake in the winter...so many options, so little time.

Last edited by UrRight on 7/15/2010, 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: My, my, the horrible Festival.....   My, my, the horrible Festival..... Empty7/15/2010, 1:56 pm

Just throw some straw on the edges like you are in Mexico...to cover the "green" and shut their mouths up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My, my, the horrible Festival.....   My, my, the horrible Festival..... Empty

Back to top Go down

My, my, the horrible Festival.....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Indiana/Illinois :: Hammond-
Jump to: