Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

GO HAMMOND Needs to be UPDATED!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
UrRight

GO HAMMOND Needs to be UPDATED! Empty
PostSubject: GO HAMMOND Needs to be UPDATED!   GO HAMMOND Needs to be UPDATED! Empty7/8/2010, 10:58 am

Whomever is in charge of updating the website needs to be fired. Or, just drop the thing.

Everything, including links to neighborhood crimes date back as far as 2007 and a few in 2009.

Everyone else (cities) have updates and special interest topics.

One I am interested in is Neighborhood Watch. All they post are when the meetings are held and where. The shut-ins, disabled, those without transportation could be informed.

How about sharing the meetings with us...like what is going on presently, not back in 1902?

People who can't hear in crowds would appreciate that service.

Why pay for a website that hasn't been updated for over a year or two on most "feedback" categories?

A good website...is where my bro lives. Every meeting is alive and posted not in video form, but word for word... and well, for you to observe what was discussed, what the issues are, what crimes happened, etc.

They not only post that, but they post where the mayor has been, what he's up to...and that guy's office is in his own home! Every minute of every meeting is online.

Where the money is going, where it went, etc. Log on anytime and it's always updated weekly.

It's a shame if they are paying that outfit for not following up on things and updating the public.

Chief Miller is about the only one that keeps up, based on his schedule. Just happened to read how to "Get Free Gas!" He explained how the clerks are distracted by a certain person, then the pump gets rigged with special tools, and incidently, all of a sudden at the same time, the clerk is distracted with small transactions, and can't see the thieves filling their gas tanks while being occupied with the distractor. This should be reported to the newspapers!

Well, I just came across that today. I said to myself Monday - and also all week, "Why in the heck is that gas station filled to the till with cars clustered all over when the new owner took over, you hardly saw anyone there.

Now the gas station is so overwhelmed...so I wonder if they (the thives)changed locations and are pulling it off at that gas station.

I alerted him to it. This is the gas station that destroyed several autos a year or two back. Now it has new owners but they never really had a customer base. I would buy gas only when desperate...on "E".

All of a sudden there are cars swarming the place...

I wish the neighborhood watch would post the damn things they discuss at the meetings for people who can't hear in crowds, and for those unable to attend.

Why pay for a site no one posts on? Most posts are from 2007.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: GO HAMMOND Needs to be UPDATED!   GO HAMMOND Needs to be UPDATED! Empty7/8/2010, 3:31 pm

Hammond Crime Watch website

Coming Events
# Jul 8 - WHITING/ROBERTSDALE CRIME WATCH - 6:30 P.M. at Calumet College of St. Joseph - Room 200.
Event Occurs: Today

# Jul 15 - South Hammond Crime Watch - Hammond Housing Authority Offices located at 1402 173rd St. For additional information contact Interim Director Kim Poland at 219-789-0267.
Event Occurs: in 7 days

# Jul 20 - EAST HAMMOND/PULLMAN CRIME WATCH - 6:30 P.M. at the Ophelia Steen Center located at 5927 Columbia Avenue.
Event Occurs: in 12 days

# Jul 22 - HESSVILLE NEIGHBORHOOD CRIME WATCH - 7:30 P.M. at Jean Shepherd Community Center, 3031 J.F. Mahoney Drive.
Event Occurs: in 14 days

# Aug 12 - WHITING/ROBERTSDALE CRIME WATCH - 6:30 P.M. at Calumet College of St. Joseph - Room 200.
Event Occurs: in 35 days

# Aug 17 - EAST HAMMOND/PULLMAN CRIME WATCH - 6:30 P.M. at the Ophelia Steen Center located at 5927 Columbia Avenue.
Event Occurs: in 40 days

# Aug 19 - South Hammond Crime Watch - Hammond Housing Authority Offices located at 1402 173rd St. For additional information contact Interim Director Kim Poland at 219-789-0267.
Event Occurs: in 42 days

# Aug 19 - HESSVILLE NEIGHBORHOOD CRIME WATCH - 7:30 P.M. at Jean Shepherd Community Center, 3031 J.F. Mahoney Drive.
Event Occurs: in 42 days

# Sep 9 - WHITING/ROBERTSDALE CRIME WATCH - 6:30 P.M. at Calumet College of St. Joseph - Room 200.
Event Occurs: in 63 days

# Sep 16 - South Hammond Crime Watch - Hammond Housing Authority Offices located at 1402 173rd St. For additional information contact Interim Director Kim Poland at 219-789-0267.
Event Occurs: in 70 days
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: GO HAMMOND Needs to be UPDATED!   GO HAMMOND Needs to be UPDATED! Empty7/8/2010, 4:07 pm

ARTIE, you missed my point...I don't go to church anymore cuz I can't hear. I can hear the "loudness," but can't distinguish the words.

Post the minutes of the meetings so those that can't hear, those too old to go, those that are physically disabled can read ONLINE what actually is occurring in their neighborhood and others. What crimes were reported.
That was my point.

YOU can hear; I can't. I don't want to nudge someone asking what the heck they are saying.

I already mentioned they post when and where. They don't post what was discussed. That has to change if they want all to participate.

Even advertising it on a personal channel does no good to those of us that depend on tele-caption. If I can't use a phone, how do you expect me to hear what the hell they are saying?

My observation, after visiting GOHammond, was...even comments were out-dated. 2007 mostly, then a few in 2009.

Why bother, if you don't keep up with the times and the info? Whomever is getting paid to promote the site is sitting happily at the occasional glance once a few years.

Even Mayor McDermott has not time. Only the chief of Police, Miller apologizes for "not keeping up" and gives you the reason why.

Heck, Chief Miller opened my eyes today...I was wondering why the gas staton that you rarely saw a car at is now over-burdened with a bunch of cars...all of a sudden. See how it works? I bet the owner doesn't know he may be taken for a ride. It's a suspicion, but heck, take it for what it's worth.

Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: GO HAMMOND Needs to be UPDATED!   GO HAMMOND Needs to be UPDATED! Empty7/8/2010, 9:05 pm

If they posted minutes, people would be complaining at all times. You would have people who check the internet daily and some who check monthly. If they don't have the internet, should copies be mailed to all citizens? Valpo is complaining because the only handicapped-accessible door for council meetings is off a back alley. This probably falls under the "you can't please all the people all the time" line.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: GO HAMMOND Needs to be UPDATED!   GO HAMMOND Needs to be UPDATED! Empty7/9/2010, 10:33 am

Get your point, Karen, but how hard would it be for the "Neighborhood Watch" captains to go online and report whatever new issues they discuss.

I mean, it would help if we were alerted to what type of crimes are occurring on the next block or a few miles away...that's the only thing I really care about.

When Chief Miller wrote about "Free Gas" it was so interesting to learn that that is a new type of crime occuring, so it alerts honest citizens to help watch out while they are filling up...so thieves can be caught.

That's the kind of reporting I really would be interested in on-line, since it would be worthless for me to attend a meeting I can't hear at.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GO HAMMOND Needs to be UPDATED!   GO HAMMOND Needs to be UPDATED! Empty

Back to top Go down

GO HAMMOND Needs to be UPDATED!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Indiana/Illinois :: Hammond-
Jump to: