Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

On Religious Knockers...Karen's Advice Worked!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
UrRight

On Religious Knockers...Karen's Advice Worked! Empty
PostSubject: On Religious Knockers...Karen's Advice Worked!   On Religious Knockers...Karen's Advice Worked! Empty7/7/2010, 4:05 pm

It just dawned on me...I don't think I thanked you enough, Karen. Can't figure out where I posted it, but it was in regards to religious solicitors knocking on the door, wanting me to join their religion.

I swiftly recalled your comment, "Ask them to join your church".

It turned out so funny, I guess I kinda went over the line...but it worked!

Two males, one black, one white, dressed in suits a couple of weeks ago, (probably 3 weeks ago), knocked on my door. I was sitting on the couch by the window on a couch, no need to answer. I could converse through the screen.

From what I can remember, the first thing came to my mind: "Do what Karen says she does...ask them to join YOUR religion first!"

Well, I asked them what religion they were selling, cuz I knew they were selling religion just by the fact it was a Sunday and they had on SUITS on a 100 (well, by my standards), 100 degree weather with flyers in their hands, brief cases, and a bible in obvious site.

They seemed kind of taken back that early Sunday morning before noon when I said, "Hey, what religion you selling?" Are you the Baptists from Hammond?"

They said, (taken aback), no we are Jehovah's Witnesses. I said, "Oh, I'm Catholic...before you try to sell me your cult, with wrought irons gating your every church, why not visit my church where no one fears even the "LORD"?

They looked at me and kept trying to talk...and I kept interrupupting...I said, "HEY, try my religion and then we'll talk!" It's only a few blocks away, and they don't have a cult with wrought iron gates that tells me they fear the outside world...."

The black man then proceeded to ask me if I would like to hear him recite a verse from his bible. I said, "Sure, hang on, I have my bible by my bed...I'll read you mine, then you can read me yours".

At that point, the well-groomed 40ish white man nugged him cuz the black guy started reading...and I said, "Hold on, you're a "CULT," let me convert you first then you can convert me....

Them after getting nudged by the white guy, they proceeded next door. I said, "Hey, save your time...Jack doesn't come home unless it's to get mail or mow his lawn..."

Watched them go to the next house...(I was on the porch laughing so loud), they proceeded to cross the street. I yelled out, "Those guys are Muslims, you're wasting your time!"

Went to the next house, "Hey that one isn't home on Sundays...she's working the soup kitchen."

Went to the next house, yelled, "Hey, it's vacant, and the one next to it is up for sale...."

Went to the next one...I yelled, "hey, she is a devoted Baptist, leave her alone!"

Went down to the block where they could no longer hear me...and fresh as the morning air, they disappeared.

Now I am having a sign made...."Stick to your religion, and leave me alone. Selling something? Stick it."
Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: On Religious Knockers...Karen's Advice Worked!   On Religious Knockers...Karen's Advice Worked! Empty7/7/2010, 6:40 pm

Decades ago, our assistant pastor (Lutheran) was home alone when a couple Jehovah Witnesses knocked on his door. He wasn't wearing his collar, he was young with a handle-bar mustache, just finished mowing the lawn. They wanted to read him a Bible verse, so he invited them in. Every point they made, backed up with a verse, he could make the opposite, backed up by a verse from memory. After a half hour or so, they decided they weren't getting anywhere and left. Before going, one of them said, "Wow, Mister, you sure know your Bible!" He never told them he was an ordained minister!
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: On Religious Knockers...Karen's Advice Worked!   On Religious Knockers...Karen's Advice Worked! Empty7/9/2010, 11:42 am

That's so funny. I thank you for telling me what to do after I mentioned the first episode and was shocked it happened again after you gave me advice.

I respect everyone's religion, but please, respect mine.

It took a lot of guts, (no, not with my mouth, sorry), but a lot more boldness to take your advice and swish them away.

Actually, while walking away, and me pointing out houses not to bother with, made me lol, cuz they would zig-zag across the street, and since I wasn't lying, I made them dizzy. I don't think they'll hit this area anytime soon.

Just wondering, though...why is it the Jehova Witnesses' have wrought iron gates around their premises? Are they afraid of something?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On Religious Knockers...Karen's Advice Worked!   On Religious Knockers...Karen's Advice Worked! Empty

Back to top Go down

On Religious Knockers...Karen's Advice Worked!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Nation/Other :: The Lounge-
Jump to: