Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Can They Shoot Firecrackers all DAY and Night Right Now?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
UrRight

Can They Shoot Firecrackers all DAY and Night Right Now? Empty
PostSubject: Can They Shoot Firecrackers all DAY and Night Right Now?   Can They Shoot Firecrackers all DAY and Night Right Now? Empty6/30/2010, 7:33 pm

This late morning/afternoon, being hard of hearing...I was going nuts thinking something was going "off" in the house. I'm babysitting my son's dog 'till tomorrow because I thought he was dying, hovering in a corner of the living room where I never saw him sit before.

It suddenly dawned on me it was firecrackers and after a few hours of on and off of them, it finally came to a rest.

Now they are shooting them off one after the other as if it is the 4th of July today. Is that legal?

During the day, now early evening? I can't tell where they are coming from, but it is nearby.

I usually skip town around now...and will tomorrow...because of this. I can't take it when you don't know if it is gun shots or fire crackers and an otherwise calm dog is going in circles....

Is it legal to do that in Indiana...before the 4th? Or, even after the 4th, during day time hours and early evening? If so, that stinks...I'm getting out of here tomorrow.

Oh, thugs, the alarm is on...and I have a house sitter. What do parents do with young babies if they are being disrupted during the day with these firecrackers? How do newborns sleep?
Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: Can They Shoot Firecrackers all DAY and Night Right Now?   Can They Shoot Firecrackers all DAY and Night Right Now? Empty7/1/2010, 12:09 pm

Keep the windows closed and some noise (TV, radio, even a fan) on. Valpo has a fireworks ordinance - don't know about Hammond.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Can They Shoot Firecrackers all DAY and Night Right Now?   Can They Shoot Firecrackers all DAY and Night Right Now? Empty7/1/2010, 5:56 pm

KarenT wrote:
Keep the windows closed and some noise (TV, radio, even a fan) on. Valpo has a fireworks ordinance - don't know about Hammond.

My son's friend came here after work while they were shooting them off. I was shocked! It was right across the street in a vacant lot across from the church that people use on Sundays. What shocked me even more was that it was the little used to be, 12 year old, now 15 year old girl with the neighbors very young children (less than third grade)...shooting them off.

I went out and told her to stop it, or I was going to call the police. That she could harm herself and the children.

Today just now, I got back from Bass Lake and saw this innocent 15 year old driving a four wheeler down the street. She is working for some restaurant underage, and when I saw her go by, I thought to myself..."let the cops catch her!"

She is is or was an "A" student raised by an alcoholic father who recently supposedly, quit drinking, now that he is laid off...but where is SHE now headed?

I'll take the hearing aid out if it happens during daylight hours. Thing is, I'm glad I'm now going to Michigan to visit parents, and someone is still here to watch the house.

Now I know how kids go bad....lack of parental supervision. I know if that mother of those young children knew, she would be upset. She is very religious, drives a school bus, and I will let her know before I leave. She lives next door...no kid at fifteen has a right to light firecrackers with kids under 8 years old down to 5 years old.

Had I known sooner, I would have gone down and told the parents. Apparently when I yelled at my little girl down the block, she stopped. No fireworks since I got home....

100 Years old, in Indiana, you get carded for buying a bottle of Port to cook with...but a fifteen year old can work undercover and shoot firecrackers off...with young children next to her...and all hours of the day.

She can also ride her four wheeler down the block...but 55 years old, they demand to see your license to buy booze. What a waste of backward politicians.

Downstate...have nothing more important to do?
Back to top Go down
Robin Banks

Robin Banks

PostSubject: Re: Can They Shoot Firecrackers all DAY and Night Right Now?   Can They Shoot Firecrackers all DAY and Night Right Now? Empty7/2/2010, 12:15 pm

There's nothing wrong with working when you are 15 in Indiana. That's the age when you can get a work permit.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Can They Shoot Firecrackers all DAY and Night Right Now?   Can They Shoot Firecrackers all DAY and Night Right Now? Empty7/2/2010, 4:14 pm

Robin Banks wrote:
There's nothing wrong with working when you are 15 in Indiana. That's the age when you can get a work permit.

You are correct, however, it is a relative-connected job, cash only.

It was a moped. Sorry.

I worked at Boz's in Dolton when I was 15 - 6 months shy of 16, so you are right. But I paid taxes, and I paid what I needed to pay to be a legal worker.

This kid is riding her new moped (two wheeler down the middle of the street), and her dad can't drive for years because of DUIs. Different perspective, here.

She's being paid CASH under the table. So, what is your answer to that? I had a legit check with tax deductions.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Can They Shoot Firecrackers all DAY and Night Right Now?   Can They Shoot Firecrackers all DAY and Night Right Now? Empty7/2/2010, 4:17 pm

Point is...a fifteen year old shooting off fireworks while babysitting a bible-thumpers three kids - under the ages of at least 8 down to 3 years old, all day long while the mother drives a Baptist church truck.

You approve of that? While her dad mows lawns while recovering as an alchoholic, making the neighbor to his left thinking he is recovering. He recovers until he mows lawns. Great dad!
Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: Can They Shoot Firecrackers all DAY and Night Right Now?   Can They Shoot Firecrackers all DAY and Night Right Now? Empty7/2/2010, 5:02 pm

Talk to the parents involved. If they approve, MYOB. I didn't understand about the dad - does he drink after mowing?
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Can They Shoot Firecrackers all DAY and Night Right Now?   Can They Shoot Firecrackers all DAY and Night Right Now? Empty7/5/2010, 6:44 pm

KarenT wrote:
Talk to the parents involved. If they approve, MYOB. I didn't understand about the dad - does he drink after mowing?

Yep. 20 bucks and you see him riding his bike home with a case of beer.

Had a garage sale with some stupid message on it...sitting outside drinking his beer after I got back from Bass Lake. Not a car. Dumb bunny...you need to place signs on Cal Ave., and Cline to get where he was.

Signs are still in his yard. Guess he thinks it's ok, not having a clue as to how to run a garage sale.

I think 15 cars pass down this street during the week. Dump fluck. I offered help last year...all he does is take in strangers from Match.com, throws them out cuz they steal and don't pay. His daughter has more common sense than he does.

Let me back-track though, he is a genius at what he does at work, manages to land jobs...but I think his luck wore out. The kid is working. He isn't.

He can't drive for years; his mom annd sis used to drive him to work. They do drive the 15 yr. old. Talk about enablers. I give them credit for helping her out and him, but when I see a case of beer in below zero weather on a bike with him...I have no sympathy. And I gave them tons of food.I drove her in the winters except last winter. I just do not agree with his thinking...that he can go through llife depending on others to drive his kid to work and school.

How bad is his DUIs or driving record that he thinks she's always gonna be around to take care of dadda?

Who can imagine that lifestyle for a child I've known for 5 years? Oh I will go talk to the bible thumpers next door to him. Maybe I don't have to, since I yelled last week, and it stopped immediately.
Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: Can They Shoot Firecrackers all DAY and Night Right Now?   Can They Shoot Firecrackers all DAY and Night Right Now? Empty7/6/2010, 10:05 am

Several months ago, a distant (around the corner and a couple houses down) neighbor asked for a ride to CVS - it's about a mile from here. I had heard from a close friend that someone from this family occasionally asked for rides to get booze. He happened to stop by when I was on my way to the dentist - very close to the drug store. I told him I would drop him off, then I had an appointment. I was being purposefully naive - how hard is it to walk home with a prescription bottle in your hand? When I stopped in the parking lot, he seemed extremely surprised that I wasn't going to take him back home. I repeated (for the umpteenth time) that I had an appointment and left him there.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Can They Shoot Firecrackers all DAY and Night Right Now?   Can They Shoot Firecrackers all DAY and Night Right Now? Empty7/6/2010, 8:46 pm

You were as naive as I was trying to help out a neighbor.

It's amazing when it first occured I look back as being the enabler.

Now, he won't talk to me.

Which is the way I want it to be.

If for some reason he can own a home, find a way to work and back, but no longer can ask me for that special ride...then I feel I have a cloud lifted from my shoulders.

Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Can They Shoot Firecrackers all DAY and Night Right Now?   Can They Shoot Firecrackers all DAY and Night Right Now? Empty7/6/2010, 8:55 pm

Come to think of it Karen, you were not naive; I was! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can They Shoot Firecrackers all DAY and Night Right Now?   Can They Shoot Firecrackers all DAY and Night Right Now? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can They Shoot Firecrackers all DAY and Night Right Now?
Page 1 of 1