Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What do you guys think about this Blagoitch deal?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
UrRight

What do you guys think about this Blagoitch deal? Empty
PostSubject: What do you guys think about this Blagoitch deal?   What do you guys think about this Blagoitch deal? Empty1/1/2009, 9:21 pm

I think he's playing, but what ace is up his sleeve? I'd be resigning like his other top advisor, so what's the deal?

Do you think he's got something up his sleeve?

Everyday is a suprise, but how long, and why? Does this involve a pension, the way he's playing the game? Or do you think like I do, it's gotten so crazy, he's not only insane, but something is up his sleeve.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think about this Blagoitch deal?   What do you guys think about this Blagoitch deal? Empty1/2/2009, 1:04 pm

Few things to touch on here.

1) I think he's like most other politicians. He was just stupid enough to get caught. There's nothing to lead me to believe that deals like this don't go on all the time.

2) The feds were stupid. If they knew his intent they should have waited for the fool to sell the seat. Then he would have actually committed a crime and we wouldn't be having this discussion.

3) I think Rod is taking the advice of his lawyer. He's innocent until proven guilty so his lawyer probably told him to go on with is regular job as if he's innocent. Resigning your seat or not appointing someone to the senate seat looks like an admission of guilt.

4) It's sad to see Burris turning this into a circus.

That's it. That's all.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think about this Blagoitch deal?   What do you guys think about this Blagoitch deal? Empty1/2/2009, 4:57 pm

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/chi-kass-02-jan02,0,3148099.column

This article appeared today, and I thought it summed it up.

I saw on TV and read that Burris will be barred from Washington.

A new headline has since appeared when I went there this morning, and went to copy the above link:

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009/01/madigan-possible-impeachment-vote-next-week.html

If these links (which don't appear underlined) don't get you there, just type in www.chicagotribune.com.

Looks like Burris is NOT going to be taking the seat, and what goes around will come around to Bago.

I wouldn't care if this affected IL only. It does affect our country. I have faith that Fitzgerald will expedite the case to wart off anyone who has anything to do with the crazy gov.

You have to be insane to carry on as Blago has, but if you're not insane, and just a crook, my question is: what's in it for him to play this circus game.

If I wasn't invited to a birthday party, I wouldn't go. I would be embarrased enough not to go. Logic isn't ringing out here.

Last edited by UrRight on 1/2/2009, 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think about this Blagoitch deal?   What do you guys think about this Blagoitch deal? Empty1/2/2009, 4:58 pm

I see the links got underlined after I sent the message. LOL What a Face
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think about this Blagoitch deal?   What do you guys think about this Blagoitch deal? Empty1/3/2009, 9:09 am

UrRight wrote:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/chi-kass-02-jan02,0,3148099.column

This article appeared today, and I thought it summed it up.

I saw on TV and read that Burris will be barred from Washington.

A new headline has since appeared when I went there this morning, and went to copy the above link:

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009/01/madigan-possible-impeachment-vote-next-week.html

If these links (which don't appear underlined) don't get you there, just type in www.chicagotribune.com.

Looks like Burris is NOT going to be taking the seat, and what goes around will come around to Bago.

I wouldn't care if this affected IL only. It does affect our country. I have faith that Fitzgerald will expedite the case to wart off anyone who has anything to do with the crazy gov.

You have to be insane to carry on as Blago has, but if you're not insane, and just a crook, my question is: what's in it for him to play this circus game.

If I wasn't invited to a birthday party, I wouldn't go. I would be embarrased enough not to go. Logic isn't ringing out here.
It's very simple. The longer he plays, the longer he gets a paycheck. Remember Genova?
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think about this Blagoitch deal?   What do you guys think about this Blagoitch deal? Empty1/3/2009, 1:57 pm

To me, Lois, he's asking for even more time behind bars, as long as he plays this game. He went against his own lawyer's advice and picked someone for the seat.

As far as Genova, he served. But what do you mean, the longer he gets a "paycheck?" What good is that?

Also, bringing up that idiot, Genova, why hasn't Cal City gotten reimbursed for his legal fees? I always wonder about that. Seems suspicious to me.

I can only speculate, that his debt has been "forgiven" for whatever reason.

Free "Tips" for Michelle????? How to do things without getting caught, 101.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think about this Blagoitch deal?   What do you guys think about this Blagoitch deal? Empty1/3/2009, 2:49 pm

UrRight wrote:
To me, Lois, he's asking for even more time behind bars, as long as he plays this game. He went against his own lawyer's advice and picked someone for the seat.

As far as Genova, he served. But what do you mean, the longer he gets a "paycheck?" What good is that?

Also, bringing up that idiot, Genova, why hasn't Cal City gotten reimbursed for his legal fees? I always wonder about that. Seems suspicious to me.

I can only speculate, that his debt has been "forgiven" for whatever reason.

Free "Tips" for Michelle????? How to do things without getting caught, 101.
If he resigns, poof, no mo' money.
If he waits, and it takes a year to impeach him, he still gets paid, as long as he's still Governor.
From what I have read, he and the little Mrs. are in a world of hurt, financially.
(One of the reasons he is shaking down anything that moves)
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think about this Blagoitch deal?   What do you guys think about this Blagoitch deal? Empty1/3/2009, 4:27 pm

OH.. just when you think you understood politics...something like this comes along to broaden your horizon.

Thanks...
Back to top Go down
bigjoe

bigjoe

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think about this Blagoitch deal?   What do you guys think about this Blagoitch deal? Empty1/5/2009, 12:38 pm

I think his plan is to plea bargain a resignation for no jail time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think about this Blagoitch deal?   What do you guys think about this Blagoitch deal? Empty1/5/2009, 12:40 pm

His impeachment will come before this guy resigns. Oh...he'll get jail time!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think about this Blagoitch deal?   What do you guys think about this Blagoitch deal? Empty1/5/2009, 1:01 pm

party42 wrote:
His impeachment will come before this guy resigns. Oh...he'll get jail time!

He'll be sent to club Fed instead of Marion like his predecessor
Back to top Go down
board monkey

board monkey

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think about this Blagoitch deal?   What do you guys think about this Blagoitch deal? Empty1/5/2009, 5:31 pm

Watching the press follow Burris today was just embarrassing. I am glad I am no longer a resident of Illinois.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think about this Blagoitch deal?   What do you guys think about this Blagoitch deal? Empty1/5/2009, 6:33 pm

You think today is bad, wait until tomorrow when he goes to be sworn in
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think about this Blagoitch deal?   What do you guys think about this Blagoitch deal? Empty1/5/2009, 7:07 pm

I heard on TV, Durkin invited him to his office to observe. The news also revealed that by Thursday they will make a decision or rather, will have the proper procedures in place to impeach Blago. With or without recordings.

They seem to have enough evdence if partial tape recordings are allowed or not.

Today, the Arizona guy quit or withdrew because of a lucritive contract involving the infrastracture of millions of bucks - and they had donated to HIS campaign fund.

While I give him credit for resigning, based on not wanting to "hold up" Obama's team (but as usual, claims innocent), it made me mad.

How wide-spread is this problem. No wonder nothing seems to get done. I say: DO AWAY with CAMPAIGN donations, if they want to run an honest election.

No more favors, no more accepting money from the public, corporations, unions, no one. Let them run on merit and pay out of their own pockets. No more favors. That is the only way to make this work again for th "people".

No more lobbyist, cut all the crap out. Money leads to greed. Greed leads to corruption. If I wanted to run...and if the playing field was without corporate, private or public funding, I'd be fair game to anyone that wants to run.

Instead, we end up voting on false promises. Something has to change. Take away the campaign contributions, and we'll be bacl to the good old days. For The People. If these candidates would run on their own money, we'd have a pot at the end of a rainbow.

I sincerely believe at this point, the legislature brach failed the people of IL by not immediately holding a special elecion. Worrying about how much it cost to have one, far-outweighed what it would cost to have one and have it pay for itself in the long run. Dumb Bunnies.

I hate politiians unless I'm working for them. LOL I need the money. I honestly believe if no one was allowed to contribute to campaigns, the coruption would die.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think about this Blagoitch deal?   What do you guys think about this Blagoitch deal? Empty1/5/2009, 7:20 pm

The potential commerce secretary smells fishy to me

It looks like someone is making a mountain out of a mole hill with him, and instead of dragging Obama into it, he is getting out to keep it from affecting Obama like blago is doing
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think about this Blagoitch deal?   What do you guys think about this Blagoitch deal? Empty1/27/2009, 6:19 pm

There are so many links to refer to my response, but I've got to laugh. He disrespects his opportunity to go before the "Kangaroo Court" while he's on his "media blitz".

How dumb is this guy? One of the politicians even said, "if he had a smart lawyer, the lawyer would throw him in a closet, tell him to shut up and close the door." This, after his lead attorney abandoned him.

What is remarkable is that anything he says on TV will be held against him in real-time court. Of course the guy is toast, but I guess the paycheck until the end of this week is more important that knowing he can never enter politics again. Amen. I've had the best laughs this week with Leno, Saturday Night Live, you Conan, and this guy still doesn't get it. I can't believe how stupid he is...and I think I qualify more than he does to run a state. What an idiot.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think about this Blagoitch deal?   What do you guys think about this Blagoitch deal? Empty1/27/2009, 6:40 pm

Mayor of Chicago said it twice. I'll repeat it: Cuckooooo!

http://www.southtownstar.com/news/kadner/1398538,012709Kadner.article :bball:

It just keeps going.....
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think about this Blagoitch deal?   What do you guys think about this Blagoitch deal? Empty1/27/2009, 6:43 pm

mike3775 wrote:
The potential commerce secretary smells fishy to me

It looks like someone is making a mountain out of a mole hill with him, and instead of dragging Obama into it, he is getting out to keep it from affecting Obama like blago is doing

I think if you went to bed with any of them, you'd smell fish. And they aren't even women. Rolling Eyes affraid

You know those fishermen...

Early to bed,
Early to rise,
Fish all day,
And make up lies. pig
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think about this Blagoitch deal?   What do you guys think about this Blagoitch deal? Empty1/29/2009, 6:51 pm

Well, he's GONE! But the dribblin' keeps going for the Federal indictments. This clown needs his own "Comedy Central"

May good things come out of this..I learned a lot today, listening to the whole day of "What's The ACE up the Sleeve"?

Apparently, nothing. He couldn't, as a lawyer himself, come up with anything. He blew it by not even being there on day one.

What to say to his kids: you can do what Genova did, before he left and was quoted in the papers (lying) to his then young children: "Daddy's going away to fight the bad guys, (after being sentenced to Oxford, WI prison.

Makes you wonder what Blago will really say, because Genova lied to his own kids.

"Fight the BAD GUYS," while you're the BAD guy? Whatever happened to telling your kids the truth?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think about this Blagoitch deal?   What do you guys think about this Blagoitch deal? Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you guys think about this Blagoitch deal?
Page 1 of 1