Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fatal Accident on Indiana 49

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
KarenT

Fatal Accident on Indiana 49 Empty
PostSubject: Fatal Accident on Indiana 49   Fatal Accident on Indiana 49 Empty6/1/2010, 5:36 pm

Comments? 83 of them on the Times website.

Fatal Crash at Vale Park Rd & State Road 49

Valparaiso Police on Friday May 28th (11:21 a.m.) responded to a crash at Vale Park Rd and State Road 49. Officers arrived and located a semi-tractor trailer driven by Jeffery Mokol, 47 yrs old of Hebron had rear-ended a vehicle stopped in the southbound lane of State Road 49. The vehicle stopped waiting for the red light to change was driven by Adele Nielsen 78 yrs old of Grovertown. Nielsen was killed in the crash.

Mokol informed police he was driving southbound on State Road 49 approaching Vale Park Road when he “dozed off” for a second. When he woke up, he struck Nielsen’s vehicle. Numerous witnesses confirmed Nielsen’s vehicle was stopped at the red stop light prior to being struck by Mokol’s vehicle. Mokol was not injured in the crash.

Mokol was issued a citation for disregarding the stop light. The crash remains under investigation and at the conclusion of the investigation the case will be sent to the Porter County Prosecutors Office.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Accident on Indiana 49   Fatal Accident on Indiana 49 Empty6/14/2010, 10:29 pm

KarenT wrote:
Comments? 83 of them on the Times website.

Fatal Crash at Vale Park Rd & State Road 49

Valparaiso Police on Friday May 28th (11:21 a.m.) responded to a crash at Vale Park Rd and State Road 49. Officers arrived and located a semi-tractor trailer driven by Jeffery Mokol, 47 yrs old of Hebron had rear-ended a vehicle stopped in the southbound lane of State Road 49. The vehicle stopped waiting for the red light to change was driven by Adele Nielsen 78 yrs old of Grovertown. Nielsen was killed in the crash.

Mokol informed police he was driving southbound on State Road 49 approaching Vale Park Road when he “dozed off” for a second. When he woke up, he struck Nielsen’s vehicle. Numerous witnesses confirmed Nielsen’s vehicle was stopped at the red stop light prior to being struck by Mokol’s vehicle. Mokol was not injured in the crash.

Mokol was issued a citation for disregarding the stop light. The crash remains under investigation and at the conclusion of the investigation the case will be sent to the Porter County Prosecutors Office.

DRUGS. Every truck driver I met from 1965 through 1989 that worked for my dad at the plant off of Stoney Island were drunks and used drugs. We didn't know it at the time. Hell, they grew weeds in my dad's trailer...called them plants...he didn't know what the crap was, nor did us kids. Reflecting back...no wonder they died and the ones living (two) are straight.

I've known my best friends who's kids were killed in Indiana long ago in 2004 cut off by semis on rural roads. Three of them. All in their early 20s and written about in the Times. Time to ask the county to shuffel their routes. I just exprienced three semis holding up traffic west-bound from Indiana, three in three lanes, holding up traffic. No cops. Wondering if they are legal drivers; rules of the road are they stay in the right lane. No cops around. My cell phone which only texts, but allows 911 for emergencies...ran out of juice. Otherwise I would have called and told them the mile mark. They are the result of so many accidents.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Accident on Indiana 49   Fatal Accident on Indiana 49 Empty8/12/2010, 8:45 am

Why is it...there are sooo many accidents on 65?
Seems every week or quite often there are terrible accidents on U.S. 65.
Saw today's news about a fiery collision between 2 semis.
I get so scared when I have to go through the construction area on the Bhorman...I fear for my life trying to maintain the required 45 mph construction site...semi's run bumper to bumper going as fast as they can, cut you off, because they want to go faster...same with some cars zigging in and out of the available lanes exceeding the required minimum 45 at those sites.
I wish they would have cops hidden in construction trucks to radio ahead for other cops to grab them. It really is a dangerous place to try and drive through. I almost got clipped again last week by a semi who didn't even bother to use his signal.

I pray each time if I can only reach the Valparaiso exit to get downstate...that I will make it alive.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Accident on Indiana 49   Fatal Accident on Indiana 49 Empty9/12/2010, 12:06 pm

I'm convinced now, after reading so very often semi's involved in crashes that they have no real license.

How hard is it to stay in the lanes the signs tell you (semi-drivers) to stay in, not cross a solid white line, not use left lanes and quit threatening to ram my bumper while I am obeying the law. This applies in IL, also.

Why, if the state can make tons of money by hiding out in a contruction vehicle, radio ahead who broke the rules of the road...why don't they do this and fatten their coffers?

I rarely see the county cops on the Borhman...but in Michigan...they are staked out all over under viaducts.

It's just logical...so if the state needs money...there it is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Accident on Indiana 49   Fatal Accident on Indiana 49 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fatal Accident on Indiana 49
Page 1 of 1