Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Can we relax for a minute?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
WhitingLib

WhitingLib

Can we relax for a minute? Empty
PostSubject: Can we relax for a minute?   Can we relax for a minute? Empty5/12/2010, 10:06 pm

Is anyone interested in anything other than politics and freetime?
Any favorite TV shows you would care to talk about?
Movies?
Sports? Cubs or Sox? (GO SOX!)
How about those Blackhawks? Very Happy
Recipes? I just made potato pancakes for the first time the other day...yummmm...
Are you a dog or a cat person?

My point is we really need to lighten up a little bit.

Anyone.....anyone...?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Can we relax for a minute?   Can we relax for a minute? Empty5/12/2010, 10:19 pm

WhitingLib wrote:
Breaking Bad. Best show I'm currently watching
Quote :

Life long Cub hater here and I'm enjoying the season immensely. Very Happy
Quote :
Know why they lost their opening game to the Predators? They had the whole Cub team at the UC. Razz
Quote :
Dogs
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Can we relax for a minute?   Can we relax for a minute? Empty5/13/2010, 4:15 pm

What's the recipe for potato pancakes? My aunt (bless her soul) used to make them...I would die for a recipe for that. It does call for left over mashed potatoes, correct? Gosh, I would love that recipe.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Can we relax for a minute?   Can we relax for a minute? Empty5/13/2010, 4:20 pm

Where is the best place in Whiting to buy real, homemade perogies? That's something I insist on...homemade.

Whiting is known for the fest, but the only place I knew of was along Cal Avenue where some ole' geezer who was a renter where I lived, used to buy it at a place right by Van'Tils. When I went by there, the place didn't look to impressive to me from the outside, so where do the Whiting people go for real perogies?
I hate making dough. It lands on the wall, before I try getting it into the pot. My mom makes homemade chicken and dumplings. All the grandkids' favorite. I remember my son was 8 when he saw me throwing it against the wall, and since learned how to make it. Without a fuss. I do not like playing with dough.
Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: Can we relax for a minute?   Can we relax for a minute? Empty5/13/2010, 4:35 pm

I'm glad "Friday Night Lights" is back on TV. Private Practice ends tonight. Tried a new recipe for Turkey Wraps - just OK. Have a Shrimp recipe on the fridge to try this weekend - hope the kids like it. Hubby will be home (hopefully) in a couple weeks, then school ends, then I go to San Antonio to visit a terminally ill uncle. A week after I get back, We leave on a cruise with my in-laws. Then home and summer school starts, then the whole shebang starts all over again. This year has flown by!
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Can we relax for a minute?   Can we relax for a minute? Empty5/13/2010, 5:00 pm

UrRight wrote:
What's the recipe for potato pancakes? My aunt (bless her soul) used to make them...I would die for a recipe for that. It does call for left over mashed potatoes, correct? Gosh, I would love that recipe.

No.no,no. Any good recipe would call for grated potatoes.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Can we relax for a minute?   Can we relax for a minute? Empty5/13/2010, 6:41 pm

Didn't know it called for grated potatoes. Never knew, so what's the recipe?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Can we relax for a minute?   Can we relax for a minute? Empty5/13/2010, 6:47 pm

Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: Can we relax for a minute?   Can we relax for a minute? Empty5/13/2010, 9:00 pm

Thanks for starting something interesting.
Back to top Go down
WhitingLib

WhitingLib

PostSubject: Re: Can we relax for a minute?   Can we relax for a minute? Empty5/14/2010, 7:20 am

Artie60438 wrote:

No.no,no. Any good recipe would call for grated potatoes.

I have made them with grated potatoes, this was the first time I made them with mashed.
This way was much quicker and easier and they tasted pretty good. It's great if you're short on time.

As for pierogi....I usually only have them at Pierogifest. There is a place on 119th called Lynethe's Deli....they have pierogi...I have heard they are good but I have never tried them.
Back to top Go down
WhitingLib

WhitingLib

PostSubject: Re: Can we relax for a minute?   Can we relax for a minute? Empty5/14/2010, 8:13 am

KarenT wrote:
I'm glad "Friday Night Lights" is back on TV. Private Practice ends tonight. Tried a new recipe for Turkey Wraps - just OK. Have a Shrimp recipe on the fridge to try this weekend - hope the kids like it. Hubby will be home (hopefully) in a couple weeks, then school ends, then I go to San Antonio to visit a terminally ill uncle. A week after I get back, We leave on a cruise with my in-laws. Then home and summer school starts, then the whole shebang starts all over again. This year has flown by!

If you're looking for quick, simple recipes, I suggest kraftfoods.com.
Lots of recipes, perfect for a busy family...and very "kid friendly."
Usually the ingredients needed are things you already have on hand.
Hope you like it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
WhitingLib

WhitingLib

PostSubject: Re: Can we relax for a minute?   Can we relax for a minute? Empty5/19/2010, 9:45 pm

I'm done with this board.
Artie and UrRight.....it's all yours.

Keep obsessing. :beathorse:
Back to top Go down
WhitingLib

WhitingLib

PostSubject: Re: Can we relax for a minute?   Can we relax for a minute? Empty5/19/2010, 9:53 pm

Bump....

Just to see if Artie will bump up the freetime thread.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: Can we relax for a minute?   Can we relax for a minute? Empty5/21/2010, 2:37 am

WhitingLib wrote:
Movies?
Recipes? I just made potato pancakes for the first time the other day...yummmm...

My point is we really need to lighten up a little bit.

Anyone.....anyone...?

Lib I'll answer. You're one of my longtime favorite posters. I've been caught up in school this last semester, and I just started a new job.

I saw Grey's Anatomy tonight for the first time. Thought it was a great episode. Of course with every season I followed Survivor: Heroes vs. Villians. Was glad to see Russell not get a single vote for the million. I am so in love with True Blood right now. It's my favorite show and I can't wait for the new season to begin this summer.

I haven't been able to follow the Sox this year. I've been disappointed ever since Nick Swisher went to the Yankees. Can't respect a team that buys talent instead of building talent.

Haven't follow the Hawks this year.

No recipes here.

And I am an avid parrot person. We currently have 5 birds. I'd probably post on this forum more often if I weren't busy and more people wanted to engage in happenings beyond what is happening over on the other forum.
Back to top Go down
WhitingLib

WhitingLib

PostSubject: Re: Can we relax for a minute?   Can we relax for a minute? Empty5/23/2010, 11:05 pm

paul87920 wrote:

Lib I'll answer. You're one of my longtime favorite posters. I've been caught up in school this last semester, and I just started a new job.

I saw Grey's Anatomy tonight for the first time. Thought it was a great episode. Of course with every season I followed Survivor: Heroes vs. Villians. Was glad to see Russell not get a single vote for the million. I am so in love with True Blood right now. It's my favorite show and I can't wait for the new season to begin this summer.

I haven't been able to follow the Sox this year. I've been disappointed ever since Nick Swisher went to the Yankees. Can't respect a team that buys talent instead of building talent.

Haven't follow the Hawks this year.

No recipes here.

And I am an avid parrot person. We currently have 5 birds. I'd probably post on this forum more often if I weren't busy and more people wanted to engage in happenings beyond what is happening over on the other forum.

Hey Paulie, good to hear from you Very Happy I miss ya...along with several others.
That being said....I don't ever want to hear negative vibes about my Sox!!!! (I hope you haven't forgotten my dear.....don't anger me unless you want to go back in the basement).

My latest obsessions on TV are Sons of Anarchy and Mad Men. I also was glad to see Russell lose Survivor....a good player (one of the best) but he had no grace or compassion, which eventually lead to his demise.

I'm glad you are a parrot person....we probably need more parrot people...they are fascinating creatures.
We now have 3 dogs, 1 cat and a Russian tortoise Very Happy

Lastly....I too wish people here could find something else to talk about :bangwall:
Isn't this supposed to be the "we're free" board Question
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can we relax for a minute?   Can we relax for a minute? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can we relax for a minute?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Nation/Other :: The Lounge-
Jump to: