Let Freedom Reign!


 
HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Blackhawk fever

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
the oracle

avatar

Posts : 1258

PostSubject: Blackhawk fever   12/16/2008, 8:19 pm

man, it has been great to finally be able to see the blackhawk home games on tv this year. i became a fan back in the days of the original ontv/sportsvision experiment and have been mostly dormant ever since.

but its like riding a bicycle. if youve ever liked hockey before and grown weary of the game. its much faster now (no two line pass enforcement) and wide open. and besides that the hawks are actually good again!

im guessing they will get a lot of attention with the wrigley game coming up. but its worth getting into if your sick of regular tv nowadays
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Blackhawk fever   12/16/2008, 9:47 pm

That Wrigley game outta be something!

I was starting to be loyal to the Tampa Bay Lightning because it's new owners seemed like they had the fan in mind. Unfortunately they fired the coach that had brought them the cup but has struggled of late and then hired some guy who just couldn't get the job done, to be kind. Pardon me for mixing sports, though quite appropriate here, but it was like the Cubs all over again to me. Smile
Back to top Go down
BigWhiteGuy

avatar

Posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Blackhawk fever   12/17/2008, 8:17 am

Mirage wrote:
That Wrigley game outta be something!

I was starting to be loyal to the Tampa Bay Lightning because it's new owners seemed like they had the fan in mind. Unfortunately they fired the coach that had brought them the cup but has struggled of late and then hired some guy who just couldn't get the job done, to be kind. Pardon me for mixing sports, though quite appropriate here, but it was like the Cubs all over again to me. Smile
Imagine, a sporting event in Wrigley Field after September!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Blackhawk fever   12/17/2008, 10:47 am

Know why Tribune allowed it to happen? that way when the Cubs choke next year, they can blame the game damaging the field Smile
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Blackhawk fever   12/17/2008, 12:17 pm

Or maybe they were desperate for some more revenue and it was just sitting there doing nothing through the long winter months. LOL
Back to top Go down
the oracle

avatar

Posts : 1258

PostSubject: Re: Blackhawk fever   12/17/2008, 3:30 pm

in the past few years they have had buffet, sting, and now the hawks.

funny but as the place gets older, its starting to get more usage again.
Back to top Go down
BigWhiteGuy

avatar

Posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Blackhawk fever   12/17/2008, 6:50 pm

the oracle wrote:
in the past few years they have had buffet, sting, and now the hawks.

funny but as the place gets older, its starting to get more usage again.
I remember when the Bears played there.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Blackhawk fever   12/17/2008, 7:41 pm

Well when the stadium is only used for the cubs, who have "sellouts" when the fans are dressed as seats lately, you need to bring in extra revenue like Mirage stated
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Blackhawk fever   12/17/2008, 8:18 pm

BigWhiteGuy wrote:
the oracle wrote:
in the past few years they have had buffet, sting, and now the hawks.

funny but as the place gets older, its starting to get more usage again.
I remember when the Bears played there.

I remember when the Bears played at Soldier Field Laughing
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Blackhawk fever   12/17/2008, 8:49 pm

tater wrote:
BigWhiteGuy wrote:
the oracle wrote:
in the past few years they have had buffet, sting, and now the hawks.

funny but as the place gets older, its starting to get more usage again.
I remember when the Bears played there.

I remember when the Bears played at Soldier Field Laughing

I do to

I call it the UFO now
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Blackhawk fever   12/17/2008, 11:41 pm

That was $millions, or actually $billions, ago. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Blackhawk fever   12/18/2008, 12:11 am

Mirage wrote:
That was $millions, or actually $billions, ago. Very Happy

Well if they had not shelled it out, they would be the Gary Bears right now, and we would be paying for the UFO
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Blackhawk fever   12/22/2008, 10:29 pm

Hawks are rockin'
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Blackhawk fever   12/29/2008, 8:43 pm

cold steel on ice
Back to top Go down
the oracle

avatar

Posts : 1258

PostSubject: Re: Blackhawk fever   12/30/2008, 4:15 am

ya know. before the season started i had i hopes that the new administration and young team would lead to a resurgeance of the black hawks. but i have to say i have been happilly surprised at thier success of late.

if all goes well. thursdays wrigley game could see the hawks in first place in thier division for the first time in nearly a decade.

its great to finally see a chicago franchise exceeding my hopes and expectations for a change!
Back to top Go down
the oracle

avatar

Posts : 1258

PostSubject: Re: Blackhawk fever   5/12/2009, 4:54 am

you know. back when i started this thread in december. i thought this team had the capabilities of becoming something special down the road. but i didnt think they'd be in the wcf for at least another year, probably two. for those of you who sports fans havent got on board the hockey train as of yet. why? you are truly missing out on one of the most special and amazing chicago sports stories since the cubs in 84.

unbelievable series with vancouver. the kids kept getting down, and finding ways to fight back and win. they beat the supposed best goalie in the world seven times last night. and for the night at least, the uc was every bit as loud as the old barn ever was. the only thing missing was the cigar smoke.

2009 indeed is the year of the blackhawk in chicago. which is absolutely indescribably incredible if youve watched the recent demise of the franchise and sudden rebirth out of seemingly nowhere.

way to go hawks organization. youve restored faith in the faithless, given hope to the hopeless, created a fitting memorial season as a tribute to memories, and turned a giant boring mall like multitask venue into a real stadium again. the roar restored, the madhouse on madison is back. whatever happens from here on out this is the best chicago sports story of the past few years going back to the sox world series win.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Blackhawk fever   

Back to top Go down
 
Blackhawk fever
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Nation/Other :: Sports-
Jump to: