View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: The Immigration Law in AZ....   7/12/2010, 5:05 pm

BigWhiteGuy wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
BigWhiteGuy wrote:

Got a link to the source of this "information?" Because it sounds suspiciously like it's taken directly from an opinion piece to me.

In any case, you said that there are enough recipients committing fraud in the system to replace the illegals in American agriculture. This doesn't really support your contention, does it?

http://www.hhs.gov/recovery/programs/tanf/index.html

...AND from ME...personalized, gov't association, and eye-ball obsevance that doesn't require a link. Just obseving alone and witnessing it while it's taking its course.

CLOSE the borders. CLOSE the loops in the "hand outs". Explain to me while I have a hundred bucks back in the early '90s to feed a family of four, and witnessed a "B-tch" with three cart loads of groceries loading it into her brand new gold-wheeled vehicle in DOLTON at Fairway...jewelry up the butt, nice, shiney clothes...I was so mad, I encountered her...I asked her how the hell she got three hundred dollars of food, drives a big damn car, wears gold jewelry while I was toting two babies in a damn station wagon full of rust, with no floor board on the passenger side.

Her answer: "Oh, honey, just go to Public Aid and tell them you need help."

So that's the answer..go to public aid and lie. Not.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: The Immigration Law in AZ....   7/12/2010, 5:13 pm

BigWhiteGuy wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
BigWhiteGuy wrote:

Got a link to the source of this "information?" Because it sounds suspiciously like it's taken directly from an opinion piece to me.

In any case, you said that there are enough recipients committing fraud in the system to replace the illegals in American agriculture. This doesn't really support your contention, does it?

Back to top Go down
Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: The Immigration Law in AZ....   7/12/2010, 5:32 pm

UrRight wrote:
...AND from ME...personalized, gov't association, and eye-ball obsevance that doesn't require a link. Just obseving alone and witnessing it while it's taking its course.

Yeah, well this is why I specifically asked for "non-anecdotal" evidence. Anecdotal "evidence" proves absolutely nothing. Generalizing about entire populations based upon individuals is nothing more than blatant stereotyping. It has no place in a rational discussion at all.

Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Immigration Law in AZ....   7/12/2010, 8:08 pm

BigWhiteGuy wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
BigWhiteGuy wrote:

Quote :
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) announced the availability of up to an additional $5 billion in emergency funding for the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program. This new Emergency Fund, established by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, will help states serve more families seeking employment opportunities and other forms of assistance during the economic downturn.
So you're against helping people in a down economy that Bush caused?
Back to top Go down
BigWhiteGuy

PostSubject: Re: The Immigration Law in AZ....   7/13/2010, 7:09 am

Artie60438 wrote:
Excuses, excuses, excuses...where's the Hope and Change?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Immigration Law in AZ....   7/13/2010, 8:21 am

BigWhiteGuy wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
Check Mate!
Back to top Go down
Heretic

PostSubject: Re: The Immigration Law in AZ....   7/13/2010, 8:45 am

BigWhiteGuy wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Bah... We all know it was caused by Clinton.

Now you can actually answer the question. Wink
Back to top Go down
BigWhiteGuy

PostSubject: Re: The Immigration Law in AZ....   7/14/2010, 6:58 am

Heretic wrote:
BigWhiteGuy wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

My answer, as you missed the obvious implication, is to shut off welfare and hand these people a shovel.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Immigration Law in AZ....   7/14/2010, 11:14 am

BigWhiteGuy wrote:
Heretic wrote:
BigWhiteGuy wrote:

My answer, as you missed the obvious implication, is to shut off welfare and hand these people a shovel.

To do what? Dig their own graves and you'll help push them in? Another words your answer is to tell people that are suffering due to the economy that Bush wrecked...Go F yourself. That's what I figured.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: The Immigration Law in AZ....   8/8/2010, 9:16 am

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10217/1077792-473.stm

Going, going..going after Anchor Babies in AZ!!!!
Pearce goes after Arizona 'anchor babies'
Thursday, August 05, 2010
By Scott Wong, Politico

Russell Pearce isn't done yet.

With newfound prominence as the author of a law that ignited a national firestorm over immigration, the Arizona state senator hopes to keep fanning the flames of the issue long after the courts uphold or strike down SB 1070.

That legislation focused attention on how far Arizona police can go in determining the immigration status of anyone they suspect of being in the country illegally. Now Pearce, a deputy sheriff before entering politics, has a new target: the children of illegal immigrants.

The way he sees it, he's simply protecting taxpayers from those who are abusing public benefits like schools and hospitals.

"Blame the parents," Pearce, 63, said in an interview with POLITICO. "They're breaking the law, and you can't reward them."

Pearce said he plans to introduce a bill next year requiring that illegal immigrants pay for their kids to attend public schools. And last month, he signaled he would author legislation to deny birth certificates to so-called anchor babies, the U.S.-born children of illegal immigrants.

But Pearce said he's now collaborating with Reps. Brian Bilbray of California andSteve King of Iowa, Arizona Senate hopeful J.D. Hayworth and other Republicans on an alternative approach: a legal reinterpretation of the 14th Amendment to deny citizenship rights to offspring of illegal immigrants.

The idea is already gaining traction among top Senate Republicans. South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham said last week he may introduce a constitutional amendment to retool birthright citizenship. And Minority Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky -- along with Arizona's two senators, John McCain and Jon Kyl -- said this week they'd like to see congressional hearings on the subject.

From Pearce's perspective, "it doesn't take a constitutional amendment. It just takes a clarification."

By now, opponents in Arizona know they can't underestimate Pearce's ability to mobilize anger over the immigration issue.

"Democrats have to understand, if we don't start dealing with a solid reform package pretty soon out of this Congress, then we give the wing nuts like Russell Pearce the opportunity to not only introduce legislation but mobilize people and keep this issue constantly on the front burner," said Rep. Raul Grijalva (D-Ariz.), whose sprawling district sits on the U.S.-Mexico border.

"It's a political tactic he's used since 2000, and now it's got legs."

Indeed, Pearce has been waging an unforgiving war against illegal immigrants -- "invaders" he calls them -- for the better part of a decade.

In 2004, he led the successful campaign for Proposition 200, a voter initiative barring illegal immigrants from receiving state and local public benefits. Two years later, voters approved another Pearce initiative denying bail for illegal immigrants who commit serious crimes.

In 2007, he wrote the state law that penalizes employers who knowingly hire undocumented workers, though the Supreme Court is weighing a legal challenge to it.

And though it stalled in 2008, Pearce introduced a bill banning students at Arizona's public universities and colleges from forming groups based on race.

This year's passage of SB 1070 -- requiring police to check the immigration status of individuals suspected of being in the country illegally -- triggered a legal showdown between Arizona and the Obama administration, which argues that the state law encroaches on federal authority.

Last week, a federal judge sided with the Justice Department, temporarily halting the most controversial aspects of the law.

Pearce seems to relish Arizona's role in what has become a national battle over immigration, something he said he never anticipated. "We have led the national debate," he said.

Opponents see him as a master of wedge politics, who uses controversy to drive his conservative base to the polls in election after election.

"This was strategic. He brought [SB 1070] this year because it obviously impacted the election," said state Rep. Kyrsten Sinema, the Arizona House's No. 2 Democrat. "He knows that when you have an immigration debate, it's helpful to him."

Pearce rejected that portrayal, saying he's introduced variations of SB 1070 in previous years but that they were always blocked by state legislators or vetoed by former Gov. Janet Napolitano, a Democrat.

Still, Pearce's allies note the profound effect the law has had on this year's midterm elections, both in Arizona and across the country.

"This is an issue that will continue to percolate and obviously will have an impact on presidential elections in 2012," said Ira Mehlman of the Federation for American Immigration Reform, or FAIR, which backs the Arizona law. "This issue is not going away."

A fifth-generation Arizonan, Pearce grew up poor, one of 13 children. He rode bulls in his youth and worked for 23 years in the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office.

While on patrol in 1977, the story goes, Pearce got into a scuffle with three Hispanic gang members. One grabbed his .357 Magnum, aimed and fired. The bullet tore off Pearce's ring finger and lodged in his chest. Pearce survived, managing to wrestle one assailant into his squad car and chase after the other two.

Nearly three decades later, an illegal immigrant shot and severely wounded his son, also a sheriff's deputy, as Pearce was giving a speech in Washington about the nation's failed immigration system.

Pearce insists those life-changing events did not affect his outlook on illegal immigration. But his personal story and politics have won him supporters well beyond Arizona.

"I know he is a man who loves his country. It's about love of country, love of the Constitution and the rule of law," said King, who spent a day with Pearce in Phoenix earlier this year. "Those who would suggest it is politically motivated don't understand Russell Pearce."

Bolstered by the popularity of SB 1070, Pearce has a good shot this year at winning the Senate presidency, a perch from which he could control which bills were moved to the floor.

Down the road, he hopes to succeed his mentor and close political ally, Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio, the media-hungry reality-TV star dubbed "America's toughest sheriff."

"I'm sure he has a pretty good future," Arpaio said.post-gazette.com is a member of the
Politico Network
First published on August 5, 2010 at 12:00 am

Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: The Immigration Law in AZ....   8/15/2010, 11:18 am

Two comments, very interesting - under a TRIB editorial on "Anchor babies".MayaYing at 11:51 PM August 14, 2010
What caused me to change my mind about ILLEGALS is watching them on TV march in our streets protesting with Mexican flags and screaming "racist" at anyone who does not agree with them. Their punk kids run Mexican flags up flagpoles on American soil. We DO NOT need people like that in our country! I have friends that have come here the legal way...my God what these people have went through to come legally is amazing. High fees, medicals screenings, several interviews and waiting years for the process to happen. Those are the people I want in MY country! The racist ILLEGAL alien crybabies from south of the border can go to hell!
19seventies at 11:30 PM August 14, 2010
A friend who is a second generation Mexican-American of legalized parents is very upset and disgusted with her aunt and uncle who are encouraging her 14 year old cousin to get pregnant and have an "anchor baby" here. She said it is very common in their culture to do this. Obviously, the incentive is there. All the monetary welfare benefits for "the sake of the children". Remove the incentive and the problem will go away. It's an abuse of the constitutional amendment.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: The Immigration Law in AZ....   8/19/2010, 9:32 am

WOW, 22 STATES NOW JOINING AZ IMMIGRATION LAW!

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/71294

In Rhode Island, through enacting the same type of law as AZ, you'll read in this article how it lead to the MV issuing license(s) to illegal immigrants! They got busted!
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: The Immigration Law in AZ....   9/3/2010, 1:50 am

Thought that this was interesting....

Number of illegal immigrants in US now declining

Quote :
The number of illegal immigrants living in the U.S. has dropped for the first time in two decades — decreasing by 8 percent since 2007, a new study finds. The reasons range from the sour economy to Mexican violence and increased U.S. enforcement that has made it harder to sneak across the border.

Quote :
The study released Wednesday estimates that 11.1 million illegal immigrants lived in the U.S. in 2009. That represents a decrease of roughly 1 million, or 8 percent, from a peak of 12 million in 2007.
The study puts the number of illegal immigrants down to about where it was in 2005. They still make up roughly 4 percent of the U.S. population.

So, in reality, the number of illegal immigrants in this country has been steadily declning rather than increasing, and the number of deportations has actually increased since Obama took office

Deportation of illegal immigrants increases under Obama administration

Quote :
The Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency expects to deport about 400,000 people this fiscal year, nearly 10 percent above the Bush administration's 2008 total and 25 percent more than were deported in 2007. The pace of company audits has roughly quadrupled since President George W. Bush's final year in office

It appears that the whole "illegal immigration" issue has been blown totally out of proportion, and that the Obama Administration is doing all that it can be reasonably expected to do regarding this problem, especially in the absence of comprehensive immigration reform, which was and still is the only real solution to the problem.

Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: The Immigration Law in AZ....   9/5/2010, 12:34 pm

Well, those four guys found dead in a garage, bound and gagged, killed execution-style was reportedly (in today's Sun-Times) a part of the Mexican DRUG Cartel, entered the USA illegally and now you know why more and more states are joining AZ's law.

Also, on the news, they are now having drones across the border to protect us.

I said a few years back a G-16 or G something gang was infiltering from South America, to Mexico to enter the U.S. and will kill with no conscious..innocent people to be initiated after completing a big 18 beatings to first prove they can handle being in that gang. After the beatings, they are required to kill just anyone and a certain amount of just any innocent person to further be approved for initiation.

You now know they are in the USA and and especially by the border - where they found hundreds of bodies.

Close the borders, drone shoot them crossing...and then, then, maybe they'll get the hint we mean business.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: The Immigration Law in AZ....   9/5/2010, 3:07 pm

UrRight wrote:
Close the borders, drone shoot them crossing...and then, then, maybe they'll get the hint we mean business.

Yeah, well these drones are being used for surveillance, not murder. I'm fairly certain that the vast majority of people who cross the border illegally are either looking for a better life, or are fleeing the drug gangs.

It sounds like you're advocating shooting these folks down in cold blood. IMHO, that's pretty damned heinous. It may be a crime to enter the country illegally, but it's certainly not a crime that should be punishable by death.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: The Immigration Law in AZ....   9/17/2010, 3:55 pm

Scorpion wrote:
UrRight wrote:

Yeah, well these drones are being used for surveillance, not murder. I'm fairly certain that the vast majority of people who cross the border illegally are either looking for a better life, or are fleeing the drug gangs.

It sounds like you're advocating shooting these folks down in cold blood. IMHO, that's pretty damned heinous. It may be a crime to enter the country illegally, but it's certainly not a crime that should be punishable by death.

Just curious, it's been almost 2 weeks since you suggested using armed drones to murder border crossers Is that still your position?
Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: The Immigration Law in AZ....   9/17/2010, 5:25 pm

She also suggested becoming like the North Korean border - doesn't that mean land mines?
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: The Immigration Law in AZ....   9/17/2010, 10:03 pm

Here's what is common sense if I were the POTUS:

My first priority would be to secure all borders and declare we cannot at this point accept people on visas or without visas until we get our own country in order.

I would then order all illegals to deport. Don't buy the bullshit we can't afford it; if every politician donated fifty bucks a piece, problem solved. If you keep them here, if makes it take a toll where you REALLY are up shit's creek without a paddle.

There is the federal law that AZ is following with no backing from the POTUS. He has had six vacations, ate ice cream, patronizes the "Five Brother Cheeseburgers", drinks one six pack a night, and smokes one pack of cigs a day, while first lady goes on before the restaurant enterprise and asks them to substitute carrot sticks for fries...

What is the first lady's goal? Her rump is getting bigger; sleeveless dresses are long overdue to fashion-wise, and she DID tell the French First Lady that being a POTUS' First Lady is hell.

Whether she denies it or not, she's already proved it. Compare her behavior to Mrs. Bush. Mrs. Bush came with ethics, no fashion statement, never imposed on political crap for attention, Never made any political or public announcements about her family, i.e., POTUS' little daughter is getting fat, so we have to change the nation....the school menu has to change...She went to planting a garden last year, and this year, who tended the garden during six vacations.

Typical blink-blinks...cuz it ain't gonna last. So many are willing to leave his side...Emanuel...the others whose names I can't recalll. Lastly, I was sincerely waiting for Hillary to announce at anytime she was going to resign...look at her haggard face and baggy eyes.

She a few months ago in the Drudge Report said she does not and will not handle foreign relations which Obama has no idea about, and will instead, "Handle it her way". Not surprising she is withdrawing before her term is is up cuz like Humpty-Dumpty, that fell off the wall, I've notices sooo many people leaving starting with the invasion of privacy of the woman in charge that was Obama's family friend, allowing those idiots in a grand-scheme party honoring some Hindu or something.

This week three parties were planned with the last being a black tie even on Saturday.

It's been reported three parties after six vacations...and Michelle is well known to keep the liqour flowing, picking out before, during and after booze.

POTUS SMOKEs, but FLOTUS says restaurants should serve carrot sticks...instead of fries, and eliminate the butter. Has she noticed her arms and rump lately?

Lobsters in Maine..soaked in butter....ice cream on every trip....and she worries about her little girls getting fat?

Five Brothers Cheeseburgers next to the Capitol is known for Obama's favorite place for hamburgers...and he eats ice cream wherever he goes. True for the children also.

What exactly is she promoting compared to past "First Ladies?" Domineering, knowing her husband wedding ring is in India for a LONG REPAIR...how in the hell does a wedding rind go in for repair in India;....????? I MEAN, THE GUY JUST WAVES HIS FINGERS AROUND....NOT LIKE HE DIGS HOLES...

Lastly = he has a place across Capital Hill where the campaign worker he got too close to ordered out by FLOTUS...they are covering up that this is where she moved. Then they changed the story to the Carrbeans...who the hell cares, cuz they all get to be gigolos...and those cigs really take over the fact ice cream and french fries are really bad for you. He promised before his election he wouldn't smoke at the white house...he smokes a pack a day and six pack each night.

It's just one helluva party there. Hillary finally came to her senses...these are not the type of people to work for...the haggard look on her face, lack of sleep, jet lagg, for the jagg-off who finds time to party, golf, three times a week?

I finally respect her if she does not surpport or give a shit anymore. He hasn't a clue about foreign relations, the economy, nothing. If he did, he wouldn't find the time he has to golf, drink, smoke and party and VACATION.

He has no experience and should not hold office. He puts our country at risk. He was told he had no experience, no rapport, no sense of economics...and little by little you see all his staff leaving him.

A LOT OF STAFF leaving or quitting. Matter of time and not too long ahead, he will be impeached for incompentency and not protecting the USA. My father fought for this shitz, and he parties over it?
Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: The Immigration Law in AZ....   9/18/2010, 8:05 am

You can't be impeached for incompetency.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: The Immigration Law in AZ....   9/18/2010, 1:04 pm

KarenT wrote:
You can't be impeached for incompetency.

Ok, say God-forbid his mind went...his mental health deteriorated...got alhziemes...well, I guess they would kindly tell the Mrs. he can't serve.

But in Obaba's case, I am quite curious as to why little, by little, his staff is leaving.

Why he has a czar for every little thing that HE is to be in charge of and handle?

Getting back to drones, I apoloigize. I forgot it was for surveillance, but I happened to see a special report that within a certain U.S. State not gonna feed the terrorist the location, tho they flucked that one exposing it on tv...to strike down enemies in Afghanistan. I was under the impression and saw with my own eyes the pilot-less drones shot the enemies down.

In Mexico's situation, the drug-cartel if you claim the drones are for surveillance only, why did it overlook the last massacre? Bodies found in a pit?

Something needs to be done, and that is a direct announcement to no longer allow anyone in the country on TEMPORARY VISAS unless they are here for professional reasons. Put a moratorim on it. A time line, until they can resolve this situation.

We can't afford to take care of ourselves. We send aid over while the gov't expects us to shop and donate to feed the hungry. Katrina isn't resolved yet...

What about US???????????

I have so many friends with Masters, Bachelor degrees, working for the minimum wage...why?

I'm not saying killing the innocent crossing the border. I'm saying, follow the rules.

Jesus, if it's that bad, why did my son's roomate marry a woman who was on visa, when it expired she returned back to Mexico, she hated Chicago. He married her, comes here to work, and flies there every couple of months. What he makes down there all day is $8.00 an hour. Here, it's $24.00 an hour...and the Walmarts, etc., carry the same prices as Mexico. Go figure.

That's why they turn to gangs and drugs. Mexico needs to handle their own problems and not make it ours.

Legalizing marijuana only would put a big dent in those migrating here undocumented.

It's unreal how many police reports are out there, driving without a license, wrong way on a one way, disregarding rules of the road and being intoxicated, illegal...from here, to Bolingbrook to Naperville.

Then you have the Islamics wanted Texas to teach in text books and disregard the Christianity issue...what happened to separaton of state and church?

Looks like the Mex's and the Islamic are taking over our nation unless we start immediately addressing the problem.

To me, the first and the following should prevail:

Temporarily forbid temporary visas unless for funerals, or work.

No more immigrants allowed without following the process and paying the dues; learn English, take the Constitutional test. By not following these steps, they insult the ones who do and it's a costly process and requires dedication. Which will and does make you a true American.

Deport all illegals, regardless, even if a parking ticket and finding out no id. No license, no insurance, can't speak English,...home you go. No red tape.

No more anchor babies, and no more free food stamps, and medical. People I know that worked all their lives still can't get medical in the state of Indiana....yet the illegals are swarmed at 535 and they have a medical clinic right below their azzes.

Start our own PREEZE factories. How hard is it to dream up the little crap Chinese make, except make it without lead, or whatever. Reinstate manufacturing and USA MADE.

Miss Elaine clothing (nightgowns) was long ago shipped from St. Gen., MO, to Mexico and put hundreds out of business..the wives' only livelihood...cuz they grew up knowing how to sew...and that was back in the '80s. My AUNT, GRANDMAW, many friends/relatives all worked at that sweatshop for shit-money, but they up and left back in the '80s and sell their crap at Macy's and formerly Marshall Fields...

Quit buying junk from the junk stores. Make your own dog food...there are recipes out there. Make a lot of stuff, grow gardens, compost, separate your recycables...make food from scratch, including noodles...

Quit patronizing gas stations...drive only when ya have to...otherwise walk or ride a bike...

React and it'll kill them overseas...and then maybe the gov't might realize they can't live off of millions from the taxpayers...ya know...the three parties this week probably cost the taxpayers millions from FLOTUS, who's life as a FLOTUS is "HELL".

Bunch of ding dongs like Stroger; once in power, they spend like no tomorrow.

BP pipe leaks. Due to aging pipes. Instead of using their own money to upgrade...they patch and repair, then jack up gas prices..

Romeoville and Joliet.....oil leaks from BP. Sorry gang, it's a crooked, downright lying political scene out there.

There is no more representing the public. It's about, "How much can I make or how much power I have".

American people no longer believe in either parties. Vote Independent...what do you have to loose but a bunch of loosers....what could be worse?
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: The Immigration Law in AZ....   9/18/2010, 1:19 pm

May I add a footnote:

Farming was in our family for generations. Until my gram died, everyone farmed...

My uncle farmed on her farm; my cousin farmed on her land, and etc.

They get paid for over 20 plus years by the FEDS not to FARM. So I'm speculating because they like to free-trade, buying veggies, corn, whatever from Mexico. Great, except, what were my cousin to do? Got paid not to farm, while working for the certain place that is the livilhood of the small town.

My uncle, ashamed, uses his money to open a nursery on his land and does landscaping on the side, has his own garden...while getting and collecting from the FEDS to not grow corn, soybeans, whatever the market calls for. That's why WE are broke!

That's why the politicians look good; they are more concerned about Mexico for fruit and veggies, and concerned about free trade, where WE get stuck with the short straw.

That isn't America to me. We are not being taken over by illegals only demanding we infringe upon their rights...we are being taken over by greedy politicians that don't mind staying in office until they are 90 years old...earning pensions that they should take out of their checks, and not ours. That's why America is in a hell-hole.

It's not the "America" I grew up in. Other places - tropical places...hurricanes or not...are looking more and more appealing to me. I'm totally disgusted if I have to vote. Because I have no good choices when it comes to voting...yet I know, my father fought for this right...and other rights...and what's left when both parties are idiots?
Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: The Immigration Law in AZ....   9/18/2010, 2:09 pm

I just don't care enough to make my own dog food, garden, walk everywhere. I work so I can afford to buy that stuff, pay others (or my son) to change my oil, hem my skirts, whatever.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: The Immigration Law in AZ....   9/19/2010, 2:44 am

UrRight wrote:

Getting back to drones, I apoloigize. I forgot it was for surveillance, but I happened to see a special report that within a certain U.S. State not gonna feed the terrorist the location, tho they flucked that one exposing it on tv...to strike down enemies in Afghanistan. I was under the impression and saw with my own eyes the pilot-less drones shot the enemies down.

In Mexico's situation, the drug-cartel if you claim the drones are for surveillance only...

First of all, it's not a frickin' "claim," it's a frickin' fact. I don't make unsubstantiated claims, as a rule.

U.S. Adds Drones to Fight Smuggling

Quote :
The department, through its Customs and Border Protection division, already operates five of the aircraft, known as the Predator B, along the Southwest border from a base in Arizona and the Canadian border from an installation in North Dakota.

Like the drones used by the military, these drones can fly long ranges at high altitudes and are difficult to detect. But the drones that have been used at the border since 2005 are for surveillance and tracking and do not carry weapons.

I never said or implied that we weren't using armed drones in Afghanistan and Pakistan. Our drones over there are fully armed and used frequently to attack the Taliban and Al Qaeda. President Obama has dramatically increased the use of armed drones in an effort to wipe out as much of the Taliban and Al Qaeda leadership as possible.

UrRight wrote:

...why did it overlook the last massacre? Bodies found in a pit?

I'd try to answer your question, but I don't know what the hell you're talking about. (and I seriously doubt if anyone else who posts here does either)

You can elaborate if you like, but don't even bother if you're not going to take the time to construct a coherent post.

Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Immigration Law in AZ....   6/25/2012, 10:24 am

Supreme Court invalidates most of Arizona's 'papers please' law, leaves 'papers please' intact
Quote :
The Supreme Court has struck down three out of four key provisions of Arizona's SB1070, the "papers please" anti-immigration law (decision written by Justice Kennedy [pdf]). What they were deciding:

The court could strike down the challenged provisions as an intrusion on federal sovereignty, uphold them as a legitimate public-security effort by the state, or take a piece-by-piece approach that could leave both sides claiming victory. Some justices at arguments in April suggested they weren't troubled by a section of the Arizona law directing police officers to check the immigration status of people they stop.

That section was one of four at issue before the high court. The others make it a crime for immigrants without work permits to seek employment, make it a crime for immigrants to fail to carry registration documents, and authorize the police to arrest any immigrant they believe has committed a deportable offense.

So the ruling does let police check the immigration status of someone stopped for another reason. For now, Arizona can apply the "check your papers" provision. But the remainder of the law is struck. The decision was 5-3, because Justice Kagan was recused because she had been involved in the case in her prior post as the Solicitor General of the United States.
Looks like a pretty reasonable decision to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Immigration Law in AZ....   

Back to top Go down

The Immigration Law in AZ....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Nation/Other :: Nation/World-
Jump to: