Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Need a good recipe for Aritichoke Dip with Spinach, Served Warm

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
UrRight

PostSubject: Need a good recipe for Aritichoke Dip with Spinach, Served Warm   4/19/2010, 12:18 pm

I tasted it somewhere...does anyone have a good recipe, where it is served warm as a dip?

I keep checking recipes on line, but I'd like to add spinach to it...Karen?????
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Need a good recipe for Aritichoke Dip with Spinach, Served Warm   4/19/2010, 12:42 pm

Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Recipe courtesy Alton Brown

Prep Time:
10 min
Inactive Prep Time:
--
Cook Time:
5 min
Level:
Easy
Serves:
1 batch
Ingredients

1 cup thawed, chopped frozen spinach
11/2 cups thawed, chopped frozen artichoke hearts
6 ounces cream cheese
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup grated Parmesan
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions

Boil spinach and artichokes in 1 cup of water until tender and drain. Discard liquid. Heat cream cheese in microwave for 1 minute or until hot and soft. Stir in rest of ingredients and serve hot.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Need a good recipe for Aritichoke Dip with Spinach, Served Warm   4/19/2010, 3:21 pm

That is the best one I ran across...but what if you buy the "jar" of artichokes at Aldies...two bottles, you don't need to boil them, right? Just the spinich, right? Micro the arichokes, I would presume...then squeeze the liquid out of frozen spinach, then combine, right? I did not know they had frozen arichokes. Only that Aldie's offers them in jars.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Need a good recipe for Aritichoke Dip with Spinach, Served Warm   4/20/2010, 10:11 am

UrRight wrote:
That is the best one I ran across...but what if you buy the "jar" of artichokes at Aldies...two bottles, you don't need to boil them, right? Just the spinich, right? Micro the arichokes, I would presume...then squeeze the liquid out of frozen spinach, then combine, right? I did not know they had frozen arichokes. Only that Aldie's offers them in jars.

I have no idea. Maybe if you read thru the comments section of the recipe those questions will be addressed.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Need a good recipe for Aritichoke Dip with Spinach, Served Warm   4/20/2010, 11:27 am

What is the link?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Need a good recipe for Aritichoke Dip with Spinach, Served Warm   4/20/2010, 11:58 am

UrRight wrote:
What is the link?
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/hot-spinach-and-artichoke-dip-recipe/reviews/index.html
Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: Need a good recipe for Aritichoke Dip with Spinach, Served Warm   4/20/2010, 7:16 pm

Taste of Home had a recipe for that in a 5-10-20 cookbook. Don't know if you could find it on their website or not.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Need a good recipe for Aritichoke Dip with Spinach, Served Warm   4/21/2010, 9:25 am

Thanks, common sense says use it out of the jar...the artichokes, because they called for thawed out artichokes.

Missed that. Artie's recipe sounds right up my alley. Thanks to both of you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need a good recipe for Aritichoke Dip with Spinach, Served Warm   

Back to top Go down

Need a good recipe for Aritichoke Dip with Spinach, Served Warm
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Nation/Other :: Travel, Cooking, Restaurants-
Jump to: