Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Ceramic Tile vs Capeting...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
UrRight

PostSubject: Ceramic Tile vs Capeting...   4/3/2010, 6:54 pm

I thought it would be logical to put ceramic flooring in the kitchen/open area of the living room.

With all the in/out traffic, plus a Golden Retriever in the winter, boy was I wrong. I know the dirt exists, can see it, but I wonder if it would have been easier just putting carpeting in, knowing it is less healthier...but damn, you know how many mops I went through? Rags, kneeling to wash by hand, only to have to do it again, over and over?

I came to the conclusion we need hardwood floors with a lot of big-time rugs...started teaching the dog he has to wash his feet before he enters. But that defies the fact that when friends come in, they don't take their shoes off.

I think it's best to put a sign up...take your freaking shoes off....or I'll make you lick the mud up.

I am not as fortunate as my siblings where they have an entrance way where people shed their shoes, or like my mom without a sign, trained us to take off our shoes once we enter the home...I did take it to the extreme, shedding my clothes on the way upstairs to get in my bikini to lay out on the roof...forgot I arrived with a dufus I was using for his car...my mom screaming.. (HIGH SCHOOL).

I guess what I want to say is, how the hell do you keep your floor clean when you feel embarrassed about telling people I can't keep cleaning up after you?

My son is considering bamboo flooring...anyone knowing anything about that despite me bringing up "Sonny"? Or, my mom as a "freak-out cleaner"?

Do you people make people take their shoes off, or is than inappropriate?

Among politics..... this is one thing that bugs me.
Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: Ceramic Tile vs Capeting...   4/3/2010, 8:20 pm

Carpeting doesn't show dirt as much.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Ceramic Tile vs Capeting...   4/4/2010, 2:17 pm

KarenT wrote:
Carpeting doesn't show dirt as much.

Karen, ...but..ya know the dirt is in there...I was just wanting to know, I guess, if it's too nutty to ask people to remove their shoes.

Dit is there whether you have capeting or ceramic floor. I saw HTV where they pass out plastic coverings for their shoes. Am sick of clesning floors!
Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: Ceramic Tile vs Capeting...   4/4/2010, 8:57 pm

If I'm going to be somewhere for a while, like Easter at my counsins, I take my shoes off for comfort.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ceramic Tile vs Capeting...   12/24/2011, 1:06 am

Comparing the cost of tile flooring to carpet means learning the advantages and disadvantages of both floor types. Avoid using material and installation costs as the only deciding factor. Durability, home value and energy considerations should also affect the overall cost of your flooring choice.
With the right type of carpet, homeowners can enjoy an affordable option that adds a warm touch to any home. Because carpeting comes in thousands of different colors, textures, and patterns, shoppers can find soft flooring that fits their sense of style perfectly. It’s the most effective option for anyone who likes to change their home decor every few years due to the ease of installation and lower price compared to other types of flooring. Although new carpet can feel luxurious on bare feet, it takes real care to maintain both the look and feel of this product. Stains can easily set in while food spills and repeated carpet cleanings can leave a sticky residue.
Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: Ceramic Tile vs Capeting...   12/26/2011, 10:13 am

We got laminate that looks like hardwood in our kitchen after years of carpeting. Beautiful, but not as easy to take care of as the carpet.

You can probably find a cute sign to put up asking people to take their shoes off. At our staff Christmas party, they told us in advance no one wears shoes in their house. They even provided socks for guests with cold feet - you could have a pretty basket with footies!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ceramic Tile vs Capeting...   

Back to top Go down

Ceramic Tile vs Capeting...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Nation/Other :: Travel, Cooking, Restaurants-
Jump to: