Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Foaming coming out of the mouth of the babes in LaLa Land re:oil drilling

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
UrRight

PostSubject: Foaming coming out of the mouth of the babes in LaLa Land re:oil drilling   4/3/2010, 6:10 pm

http://opinion.latimes.com/opinionla/2010/04/obama-oil-drilling-poll.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+OpinionLa+%28L.A.+Times+-+Opinion+Blog%29

Opinion L.A.
The best in Southern California opinion journalism,
Monday through Friday
« Previous Post | Opinion L.A. Home | Next Post »

Poll: Yea or nay on Obama's offshore-drilling decision?
April 1, 2010 | 11:23 am
The Times' editorial board will likely weigh in later today or Friday morning on President Obama's decision to open more coastal waters in the Gulf of Mexico and off the Eastern Seaboard to oil and natural-gas exploration (environmental activist David Helvarg already opined against the plan on our Op-Ed pages). In the meantime, I'll invite you to share your views on Obama's action by taking our poll or posting your comments.
Environmentalists, predictably, aren't pleased with Obama's decision, but Republicans aren't exactly mollified either. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell expressed doubts that the president would actually do the legwork needed to expand offshore-oil exploration; McConnell's counterpart in the House, Rep. John Boehner, said the president didn't go far enough. Obama dismissed his detractors in a way he does perhaps more formulaically than any other politician I can think of: He accused his critics on all sides of being intractable partisans, framing his position as the purely pragmatic alternative. From the New York Times:

"Ultimately, we need to move beyond the tired debates of the left and the right, between business leaders and environmentalists, between those who would claim drilling is a cure all and those who would claim it has no place,” he said. “Because this issue is just too important to allow our progress to languish while we fight the same old battles over and over again."
What do you think about the president's offshore-drilling decision? Does his plan toe the middle ground between environmentalists and the "drill, baby, drill" crowd? Weigh in by taking our (unscientific) poll, leaving a comment or doing both.

-- Paul Thornton

Thank you for voting!
Yes. Obama's plan strikes the right balance between energy and environmental concerns. 27% (60 votes)
Yes, and the president should open more areas -- both on and off shore -- to drilling. 29% (65 votes)
No. Oil drilling is bad for our oceans, and we should be weaning ourselves off fossil fuels. 43% (98 votes)
Not sure. 1% (3 votes)
Total Votes: 226
View Comments
Return To PollShare This
PollDaddy.com
Photo: President Obama speaks on energy security on March 31, 2010, at Joint Base Andrews Naval Air Facility Washington in Morningside, Md. Credit: Alex Wong / Getty Images

More in: Barack Obama, Energy, Environment, Politicians Permalink
Comments (1)
ShareThis
Ads by Google
Earn 15-25% Annually

Producing Oil & Gas Properties, IRA 401K Qualified, $25K Min, Dividends

USEnergyAssets.com

Official Obama Website

Barack Obama Needs Your Help to Change Washington. Sign Up Today!

www.BarackObama.com

Related storiesFrom the L.A. Times
•Obama announces new offshore drilling: ’There will be those who strongly...
•New poll finds Obama tied with Anybody in 2012 vote

Comments

We need to drill IF we plan on getting off of oil in the long term. It might not be the best solution, but waiting for a common sense approach to green energy from this Government is like trying to divide ice from snow.

President Obama could create jobs, and industry by issuing an Executive Order telling all Federal Buildings to install solar panels on their roofs. Industries would be create to make them, install them, service them, etc.

How hard would that really be? How many thousands of jobs would that create in every state, every district in the country?

Sometimes the easy answers are the ones that don't provide money to campaigns.

Posted by: Mike March | April 01, 2010 at 11:22 PM

Here is me: Put a band-aid on it; by the time it is passed or not passed, you'll be gone, POTUS. And your legacy is the telepromper, and telling the U.S. crap that won't happen until you are long out of office, and maybe, just maybe, we'll get a Bill Clinton type in that leads our country with a surplus, cigar, cigarette, or not.

I have a hard time dealing with the politicals....all are writing books, as if their pensions are not enough, and damn if I would waste my library card on you liars.

You're all full of shitz, and don't come knocking on my door, you see,"I heard your lies before...."
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Foaming coming out of the mouth of the babes in LaLa Land re:oil drilling   4/3/2010, 6:12 pm

wRONG TOPIC

Last edited by UrRight on 4/3/2010, 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pOSTED IN WRONG TOPIC)
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Foaming coming out of the mouth of the babes in LaLa Land re:oil drilling   4/3/2010, 6:37 pm

Wrong topic to post in....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Foaming coming out of the mouth of the babes in LaLa Land re:oil drilling   

Back to top Go down

Foaming coming out of the mouth of the babes in LaLa Land re:oil drilling
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Nation/Other :: Nation/World-
Jump to: