Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hammond police raid two homes in heroin bust

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
hammonite

hammonite

Hammond police raid two homes in heroin bust Empty
PostSubject: Hammond police raid two homes in heroin bust   Hammond police raid two homes in heroin bust Empty1/3/2010, 7:00 am

Since me don't have special access to the Hammond Forum, I will have to continue the rental property discussion here. Is there a need for rental property, absolutely. Me thinks there needs to be a balance between owner occupied homes & rental properties. There are an excessive number of illegal cut ups in this city, which is a major concern.

Me hears that law enforcement finds that crime problems often migrate from apartment buildings and then to single family home rentals & illegal cut ups. This is especially true for organized crime, marijuana growers, methamphetamine labs, and gang activity.

When drug criminals and other destructive tenants operate out of a rental property, neighborhoods suffer and a decline in property values is the norm, particularly when the activity begins affecting the reputation of the neighborhood.

Me hear of the fear and frustration when dealing with dangerous and threatening tenants. What you have is increased resentment and anger between neighbors.

Here are the types of people, many investors choose as tenants.

http://nwitimes.com/news/local/lake/article_5b1c72b6-dcec-5f65-b656-32fe09e42e2c.html
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Hammond police raid two homes in heroin bust   Hammond police raid two homes in heroin bust Empty1/3/2010, 8:27 am

Hey Hammonite, how come you can't go on the Hammond forum?
I clicked on your link. I have nothing but praise for the Hammond Police busting in that place for drug-dealing. But, no where in that article does it say it was a rental or cut-up. Although, you may know. At least we know the police are aware of what's really going on and plan ahead.
I agree rentals by investors don't really care about who they rent to, as long as they get paid...but there are some good landlords out there that do background checks and welcome the proposed annual inspections to ensure tenants are taking care of the place.
There are some renters out there that do take care of their rentals as if they owned them.

How come you can't post in the Hammond forum? That puzzles me. It's nice to see a fresh member like you on the board.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Hammond police raid two homes in heroin bust   Hammond police raid two homes in heroin bust Empty1/3/2010, 9:08 am

Remember when I said, "Crime knows no boundaries">
http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/napervillesun/news/police/index.html

Wow, they not only show their mug-shots on recent arrests, but court dispositions, along with the most in-depth crime report ever in a newspaper.
Lots of DUI's, ID Thefts, and some druggies. See, even Naperville has the same problems, that Hammond has. And, that used to be the best place to live in America!

Lot of hit and runs, lot of stealing, lot of drinking, id theft, etc. At least they report the crimes, mug shots and court dispositions.

TheHeraldNews.com does the same...wow, you should see the crime those cops encounter out there. Mostly DUIs and drugs.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Hammond police raid two homes in heroin bust   Hammond police raid two homes in heroin bust Empty1/3/2010, 10:07 am

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/newssun/news/1958014,5_1_WA25_METH_S1-091225.article
This one owned her own home. Her mug shot shows she's still on it. Bored Blondie.December 25, 2009
ANTIOCH -- Methadone with a street value estimated at $3,000 was confiscated from the home of a 20-year-old Antioch woman Tuesday.
The Antioch Police Special Enforcement Team executed a search warrant on the home of Samantha Becker at 1117 Edgewater Lane, where the search allegedly uncovered the drug..
Hammond police raid two homes in heroin bust Wa25_becker.jpg_20091224_19_07_26_38-116-165

Becker was taken into custody and charged with possession of a controlled substance with the intent to deliver, a Class 1 felony punishable by up to 15 years
(This is just part of the article.)
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Hammond police raid two homes in heroin bust   Hammond police raid two homes in heroin bust Empty1/3/2010, 1:53 pm

Here's a great suggestion to Mayor McDermott and the Hammond Police Department...on the Chicago Sun-times in the upper right hand corner, it leads you to their "sister papers".

It covers several different newspapers they sponsor, especially, the Post-Tribune. Now you can have no excuse to follow the lead that those other weathly neighborhoods do to bring down crime.

For instance, this: http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/photos/1695893,gallery_warrants-aug_jo080109.photogallery
That link shows the true pixs of who they arrested, and why (shame them).

They also included a police blotter:
http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/police/index.html

You can click on any community when you want to see police blotters from neighboring towns, etc.
All you have to do is click on NeighborhoodStar, or "Community" and up comes the latest news on crimes.

Since the Post-Tribune is in partnership with the Chicago Sun-times, I doubt it would cost a penny to add this to their daily news. Mugshots, actual activity, etc.
Visiting Officer Miller's blog, he's been quite busy...hasn't posted in months. Since the elderly couple got scammed. I would love to see someone from Hammond City Hall connect with the Chicago Sun-Times, and ask if they can have that same info posted that is so prevailant in helping residents help the cops bring in the ones wanted on warrants.

Neighbors would be your biggest asset if they saw a mug shot on someone they know, that is wanted on a warrant. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Hammond police raid two homes in heroin bust   Hammond police raid two homes in heroin bust Empty1/3/2010, 2:13 pm

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/1966636,4_1_JO31_PCODE_S1-091231.article

Have a complaint? This sounds so easy, much easier...and more open!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hammond police raid two homes in heroin bust   Hammond police raid two homes in heroin bust Empty

Back to top Go down

Hammond police raid two homes in heroin bust
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Indiana/Illinois :: Hammond-
Jump to: