Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Well, Somebody Had To Say It!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
UrRight

PostSubject: Well, Somebody Had To Say It!!!   8/13/2011, 4:09 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/philly-mayor-chides-black-parents-over-teen-mobs-174045605.html

...PHILADELPHIA (AP) — The painful images and graphic stories of repeated violent assaults and vandalism by mobs of black teenagers had gotten to be too much for Mayor Michael Nutter.
As an elected official and a "proud black man" in the nation's fifth-largest city, Nutter felt he had to go a step beyond ordering a law enforcement crackdown.
So he channeled the spirit of another straight-talking Philadelphian: Bill Cosby. Nutter took to the pulpit at his church last weekend and gave an impassioned, old-fashioned talking-to directed at the swarms of teens who have been using social networks to arrange violent sprees downtown, injuring victims and damaging property. Moreover, he called out parents for not doing a better job raising their children.
"You've damaged yourself, you've damaged another person, you've damaged your peers and, quite honestly, you've damaged your own race," Nutter said at Mount Carmel Baptist Church.
The 54-year-old mayor, married with a teenage daughter and a grown son, called out absentee fathers and neglectful parents. He did not mince words, saying they need to be more than just a "sperm donor" or a "human ATM."
"That's part of the problem in our community," Nutter told the congregation. "Let me speak plainer: That's part of the problem in the black community. ... We have too many men making too many babies they don't want to take care of and then we end up dealing with your children."
It's a version of the tough-love message Cosby and others have telegraphed for years.
"I am a proud black man in this country," Nutter said in an interview with The Associated Press. "It was a message that needed to be said. It needed to be said at this time. ... People have had enough of this nonsense, black and white."
At a National Association for the Advancement of Colored People gathering in 2004, Cosby chided the black community in a speech commemorating the 50th anniversary of Brown v. Board of Education, the legal case that toppled segregated education.
"These people marched and were hit in the face with rocks to get an education and now we've got these knuckleheads walking around," Cosby said then.
"I can't even talk the way these people talk, 'Why you ain't,' 'Where you is' ... and I blamed the kid until I heard the mother talk," the entertainer said.
Nutter's words also harkened back to a 2008 Father's Day speech by then-presidential candidate Barack Obama.
"If we are honest with ourselves, we'll admit that what too many fathers also are is missing — missing from too many lives and too many homes," Obama told a church in Chicago. "They have abandoned their responsibilities, acting like boys instead of men."
Now, it's Nutter taking up the mantra.

Click on the link above and hear the excuses of those who felt victimized by Nutter and Cosby.

It's scary to think they are actually yanking people out of their cars!
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Well, Somebody Had To Say It!!!   8/13/2011, 4:23 pm

My favorite quote of his
Quote :
“Take those God-darn hoodies down, especially in the summer. Pull your pants up and buy a belt ‘cause no one wants to see your underwear or the crack of your butt.”
Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: Well, Somebody Had To Say It!!!   8/13/2011, 9:39 pm

I doubt the people who needed to listen to this speech will pay much attention to it.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Well, Somebody Had To Say It!!!   8/14/2011, 6:25 am

KarenT wrote:
I doubt the people who needed to listen to this speech will pay much attention to it.

That was the first thing that came to my mind after reading the article.

The second thing was, "What if my mom and sister who are hard of hearing, etc., where viciously pulled from their vehicle when they visit fairs?"

As one person commented at the end of the article, "didn't care what color they are, they go straight to the ground if they ever attack me, or my family".

A bit mistunderstood. The thing is, they are doing this in major cities, and plan it together, via facebook, etc.

Why? This is scary.

I am sure you all have been reading in past weeks the stepped-up patrols in Chicago on certain "L" lines, the stealing of I-Pods. They actually arrested two youths as young as 10 years old. What parent allows a 10 year old out of sight?

Lastly, I thought this was a great article, with two notable people, especially Bill Cosby lecturing, a lot of the people agreed. What was astonishing is the handful who continue to make up excuses that "they are not community leaders". My gosh, what does it take to get these parents (of all colors) to quit making up excuses for not being responsible parents?

Bill Cosby has always been a hero to me. I loved his comical albums (back in the days of the turn-table/vinyl records), and would play them over and over and laugh out loud. If anyone should have a grudge, he should. His son was robbed and murdered years ago in California, yet he and his wife handled it with grace, not blaming the color of the skin (which I think was white, not sure, but doesn't matter), of the murderer. I really felt for him. He is the icon of what everyone could/can look up to.

Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Well, Somebody Had To Say It!!!   8/14/2011, 6:28 am

KarenT wrote:

BUT, then again, the article is reported by the Associate Press and distributed throughout, reaching those that pick up newspapers and read them.

Hopefully, it would spread to different community organizations that are established to help the youth, nation-wide.

I feel government is responsible for treating the youth as a whole. Contributing for each child born out of wedlock, like it's a prize, "the more you have, the more money we will contribute". Especially since I read in the news the other day how Latinos are multiplying like rabbits, legal or not, they get so much money for each child.

I came in contact through someone else a few weeks ago, (didn't know her personally) a Latino, who was telling another person how she and her family go to a certain food pantry, but not a normal food pantry, somewhere else, and have not had to buy a roast, pork-chops, ground chuck, steak, ANY MEAT in the last few years.

This person was divorced with a couple of children, and bragged about how much money she receives from the government, how much she gets for each child, "because the father is a dead-beat," and all the while driving in a vehicle beyond my means. My goodness, I'm driving a 14 year old vehicle, but it had only 52,000 miles on it because it came from an elderly woman and had the work history on it. Where is the conscious?

Our government is controlling this and is very much part of the problem of doling out rewards for bad behavior. Why finish high school and go on to college when it's so much easier to (this goes for all races and nationalities), have a multiple play time making babies, collecting money, vouchers for homes/apts., free food, money to aid every year in utility bills, shack up with different women (for the males), not worrying about long-term goals in life.

Our government is controlling us more and more. Yesterday I read how a hospital in Indiana is forbidding smokers to even drive away during lunch or breaks to smoke. Excuse me, no one has the right to tell you what to do when you're not on the clock during lunch...and away from work during your lunch hour and breaks. I couldn't believe what I read.

You know what I'm waiting for next from the state/fed gov? Since the cell phone is a distraction, even reaching for it...and you are forbidden its use (understandably)..the next thing you know, with gov't intrusion, they will think up a law how driver's can't light up a cig in their own cars. Why? They have to take their eyes off the road for a few seconds. OR, sometimes fumble around looking for a lighter. You watch.
Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: Well, Somebody Had To Say It!!!   8/14/2011, 8:52 am

"reaching those that pick up newspapers and read them."

You're giving some parents too much credit. We have parents too lazy to listen to the radio to see if it's a snow day!
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Well, Somebody Had To Say It!!!   8/14/2011, 6:29 pm

KarenT wrote:

You're giving some parents too much credit. We have parents too lazy to listen to the radio to see if it's a snow day!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have a point there, Karen..so why are they communicating through FACEBOOK to "organize as mobs" to beat people?

How did they obtain the equipment to interact through "Facebook" to plan these mob attacks?

Stealing.

Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Well, Somebody Had To Say It!!!   8/14/2011, 6:38 pm

UrRight wrote:
KarenT wrote:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have a point there, Karen..so why are they communicating through FACEBOOK to "organize as mobs" to beat people?

How did they obtain the equipment to interact through "Facebook" to plan these mob attacks?

Stealing.

Obtain the equipment to "interact" on Facebook,are you kidding me? Most american kids feel it's a violation of their civil rights if their parents don't provide them with a smart phone.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Well, Somebody Had To Say It!!!   8/14/2011, 7:47 pm

sparks wrote:
UrRight wrote:
KarenT wrote:

Stealing.

Obtain the equipment to "interact" on Facebook,are you kidding me? Most american kids feel it's a violation of their civil rights if their parents don't provide them with a smart phone.

My point is, Sparks, if they can go on a computer and organize mobs via facebook, then if they can read a newspaper, books, educate and inform themselves. Not resort to the mob mentality. Guess I am off base, or dillusional.

I still can't understand a 10 year old and if I recall, a 14 year old boarding the "L" trains, and snatching/stealing phones from people. Unreal. Don't responsible parents make sure where their kids are at that age?

They scream about killings and yet...there is a 10 year old...another "KID" a few years older comitting crimes uncomprehensive given the age of these misguided kids.

Can you imagine unless the right mentor comes along, what is headed for these children without the proper supervision, mentor, etc.? Worse than now..and jail.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Well, Somebody Had To Say It!!!   8/14/2011, 7:49 pm

Something is hiding Sparks comment to which I responded.

Think it is on my end...preparing to hook up another computer. Hope it is just on my end as we prepare to hook up another computer, so hope you understand. I'm sure you all can read it, but not me - it shows only a few lines on my computer.

My apology to Sparks and the rest of you.
Signing off..so tired!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well, Somebody Had To Say It!!!   

Back to top Go down

Well, Somebody Had To Say It!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Nation/Other :: Nation/World-
Jump to: