Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Eye On Inspections

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
UrRight

Eye On Inspections Empty
PostSubject: Eye On Inspections   Eye On Inspections Empty12/20/2009, 6:42 pm

This is exactly why we need rental inspections. Anyone who objects would be certain to be furious to have to clean their apt. once a year.

Not caring about safety.

It would take him off the job, and you NOT off your lazy duff, that's all.

Call ahead, and quit disrupting office procedures. Quit demanding answers other citizens have to call ahead and ask what is needed to have the files open and what date. State exactly what files you want to ponder over. Don't you respect people on the clock with jobs to do, other than messing around with as santa instigator? Get off your duff and go look it up, now that you put a name on the file: Tanglewood.

See how simple that was? Go. Call, specify, meet up when the files are available. Man, you just can't be pleased.

Yes, the inspectors are busy and out on the field. To fulfill and pacify you would take up a whole year's salary. You can be very inconsiderate to other taxpayers with your ridiculous demands.

They have clerks there for that reason.

After you tell the clerks you want to see the Tanglewood Apartment files, they will set up a date for you to come and ponder over the files.

You can bring a pad and make notes. Then you go home, late to bed, early to rise and make up some more lies.

After that doesn't work out, dream up another place. Just keep aggravating them, interrupting their jobs, and we may all end up paying $200.00 a year per unit, to make up the cost of satisfying FREETime's FREE TIME.

Merry Christmas and hope the New Year brings you better results in harrasing the housing department.
rendeer

Last edited by Admin on 12/20/2009, 9:18 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Season's Greeting colors added!)
Back to top Go down
UrRight

Eye On Inspections Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye On Inspections   Eye On Inspections Empty12/20/2009, 7:09 pm

Why don't you just utilize the legal clinic. It was set up and retained for lunatics like you, that demand to know everyone else's business, exploit it, but how dare us to even want to ask you a private thing?

How dare us to even offer to help you? Now you surely must know the legal clinic is there and can supeona (spelling is off), the exact records showing you exactly how they are breaking the laws.

Oh, I forgot. Just like the devil, you don't trust them, even when they are at your service.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

Eye On Inspections Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye On Inspections   Eye On Inspections Empty12/21/2009, 9:31 am

UrRight wrote:
Why don't you just utilize the legal clinic. It was set up and retained for lunatics like you, that demand to know everyone else's business, exploit it, but how dare us to even want to ask you a private thing?

How dare us to even offer to help you? Now you surely must know the legal clinic is there and can subpoena the exact records showing you exactly how they are breaking the laws.

Oh, I forgot. Just like the devil, you don't trust them, even when they are at your service.

How much do want to bet that she's probably alienated them too? She's impossible to deal with because nothing will satisfy her.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

Eye On Inspections Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye On Inspections   Eye On Inspections Empty12/21/2009, 11:01 am

She implied in past posts she thinks they are a waste. I'm sure she would go to Gary if she needed free, legal help.

What is this obsession with the Code Dept all about? My goodness, she took Kelly off a truck to come in to appease her. That wasn't enough. Now she says it is Tanglewood.

Why didn't she tell him that while she took him off the job?
Back to top Go down
UrRight

Eye On Inspections Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye On Inspections   Eye On Inspections Empty12/25/2009, 3:47 pm

Do you realize how much nonsense you have on your plate?
There are homeowners out there getting charged $3,500 for a house not worth $90.00.

Yet, McTavern gets charged less than $1,000.00. Man, you have no clue how crooked accessors are. Because you live off of mama.

I wonder where you will go after that. I wonder, if you stay, can you fix the roof if it is leaking?

Oh, forgot. You need to fish. You need that "partner". Good luck.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

Eye On Inspections Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye On Inspections   Eye On Inspections Empty12/29/2009, 1:42 pm

Well, I can't post "over there," to make her feel better. She's not gonna let go of this, so I thought I'd put things to a "rest". SO, I feel compelled to post here, to clarify a little bit of things that are bothering you-know-who
From Free to Karen T:

I don't really care when they do them, although I am curious as to how many inspections they do each day. (What does, "HOW MANY" got to do with WHY they do them? It should concern you more as to WHY and not HOW MANY." Gosh, you are a handfull!

I DO care they absolutely will not keep a list of ALL the inspections that can be reviewed at any time. "A record" as the law calls for is to me is a log or list of all inspections. There is no way in the world currently for a citizen of Hammond to find out what was inspected this week, or this month.

Code Enforcement has been granted the authority to in effect, seize people's property.
How would you like a team of inspectors to go through every inch of YOUR home?

If it is a brand new structure, and you don't mind giving up your privacy, you might be OK with it. If it's a 50 year old house like I live in, as do many in Hammond, I'll guarantee you they'll find some things not up to current codes.

Code Enforcement can order the place demolished if you don't agree to spend whatever it takes to meet all their demands.

It doesn't mean it's a slum, although some certainly are.
The City Council that granted this authority realized that such power could be used against people not in favor with people in the city government for whatever reason.

Maybe someone doesn't care for Mexicans or blacks. Or maybe the owners hold political views contrary to the people in charge. The properties of those people can be unfairly targeted for inspection.

I have yet to receive a good answer as to how they pick the properties to inspect. There is no paper record of anything.

I don't want this power misused against citizens.

Besides all that, Code Enforcement now wants a HUGE increase in the annual fee the good landlords pay to register with the city each year. "A record of ALL inspections" would allow citizens ti see for themselves how their money is currently being spent by Code Enforcement

BTW, that annual registration must contain the names of all tenants of the property. They wanted the Social Security numbers too, but that got shot down.
See how quickly this can become intrusive?

The legal and registered one-bedroom apartment in the basement of my old house was inspected. We had to hire a lawyer to straighten things out. He negotiated some relatively small upgrades. (you had legal aid for low income, and you had an option to talk things out, so there you lie - you didn't HAVE to hire a lawyer, silly!)

Less than two blocks from me is a business apparently in favor with the city that is a ing eyesore. At least they gets lots of demo contracts from the city. .

I think it's ironic they tear down houses that have been condemned by the city, yet their own place has dozens of broken windows, junk in the open all around, etc. That's just the outside. It's been going on for years. I've given up reporting it. Where's the inspection of THAT?

Here's another one. There are over 400 apartments in the Tanglewood complex in the Woodmar area. In 2005, 3 people died in an arson fire there.The Fire Chief told the Times there were no "fire stops" in between units and that's what caused the fatalities.

When we were inspected, the city insisted on fire stops between upstairs and down. There had been a fire down there in the 1990's. No one was hurt. They settled for a special fire retardant paint.

As far as I know, Tanglewood still doesn't have fire stops. I also doubt the doors are as wide as current codes require.

Where's that inspection?

Hope you understand a little better now.

We do; you think someone "turned you in" because you "forgot" you mentioned on-the-other-board that was diminished (Times), that you had tenants in the basement. Maybe it picted their interest, because no one knew you had tenants below you, and you brought that attention to yourself.

You started out wanting to know files, giving no reason, no names, no nothing. Just checking out how they keep records. I imagine the inspector was scratching his/her head wondering what the hell to look for, (recent in the desk? Last year? Any specific location?)

You bombarded back they keep no records; 7 desks, so seven requests, seven trips. Why didn't ya just tell them ya wanted to see Tanlewood's records?
They aren't allowed social security numbers, so quit lying about that. That's a law. You never give out your social security number to anyone not affiliated with social security. Swallow that lie.

I personally think the Code Enforcement needs to know who resides in apartments, how many people, etc., and the Fire/Police Department should also know. In case of a fire, all three units are liable. They would need to know how many ambulances to call for. If you have nothing to hide, what the heck is your problem? You pay for that through your taxes. Safety is the word!

When they settled up for fire-retardant paint, can you see how they "worked with you," instead of "against you"? You could have done that without a lawyer, but I assume because of your personality, I wouldn't doubt you were a "resistent, hell-bent on everyone against you because of your political beliefs" that they were "picking on you". Just like you assume someone turned you in exposing the two little girls living downstairs when you were busy tearing me apart on the non-now-existent board. Doesn't matter though. You forgot YOU exposed that you had tenants downstairs, with a small child, silly. You getting alzhiemers?

All YOU really wanted to know was if and who turned you in. YOU did yourself. You also want to know about Tanglewood. Get off your duff and take a short trip there, do your own investigation. Act like you want to rent there and see the place. Ask management all the questions you wanna know, as if you are gonna rent there. Quit wasting public's dime on your ridiculous claims. You just love that game....playing games.

What did you do last week and the week before? I have a right to know...so does everyone else. You may be disabled, but you surely have sources that can go and snoop over at Tanglewood. Perhaps I should volunteer data entry at Code Enforcement, but I surely wouldn't put in who called who in...because I just might call in the abandoned house next door. And I have a right to. It's lowering my value, as the house for sell with mold up the walls from the basement, probably owned by Woody, cuz a dozen signs with $29,000 for sale were stashed inside the SUV while I was passing by. They obviously had more dilapated homes to put up with "Open House" when there is no OPEN HOUSE, a hole in the roof, and many signs like that all over Hammond. I'll keep anyone from buying that house for $29,000. Cuz it isn't worth a give away. And spores kill ya. Yep, those guys, your buddies are selling houses left and right, but not on my block!
Because I said so. Arrow

Last edited by UrRight on 12/29/2009, 2:12 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Corrections)
Back to top Go down
UrRight

Eye On Inspections Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye On Inspections   Eye On Inspections Empty12/29/2009, 2:22 pm

September, 2006:

I don't know if the Indiana Public Access Counselor can do anything because it is a city law being broken, but I guess I'll try her next.
- FreeTime

So much on your plate; so little time...3 years later....did the Public Access Counselor do anything about YOUR city law being "broken"?

Didn't think so.
Eye On Inspections Icon_cool
Back to top Go down
UrRight

Eye On Inspections Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye On Inspections   Eye On Inspections Empty12/29/2009, 9:14 pm

You know, Free, I've got to add a few more things before I turn in for the night.
You could have gone to at least one of the two agencies you always criticized in the past. Even your mother. Neighborhood and the other agency, Community whateva'. There are two of them. You could have gone on Conkey Street and told them you needed help to upgrade your mom's home. You could have taken mom with you. I doubt she encompasses the threshold where they would not have helped.

There are many avenues you could have taken and still can to upgrade your home. Whether or not it is in mom's name, take mom along. The city is very generous in loaning money to upgrade your home. All but $1,000.00 of up to whatever you need is forgiven in that loan. You are only required to pay $25.00 a month to put new windows in, upgrade the furnace, whatever it takes to upgrade your home. Whatever the amount of the loan is, you are forgiven for, except 1,000.00. You only have to pay $25.00 a month on that $1,000.00 bucks. What a bargain. Yep, don't tell me you didn't know Neighborhood, Inc. or Community whatever it is called doesn't do that. If you didn't know, you don't know your city.
So, quit crying us a river. You also get free heating in the winter...up to $450.00, last I read. Then you can turn to Catholic Charities if your bills exceed your limits (as a renter, not necessarily having to be an owner), and you don't expose that to people, even though you are an investigative reporter and cry us a river.
Anything code enforcement said your mom had to change I am sure she still fell under the federal regulations/guidelines as being in the poverty level. If not before, she does now. Even if she doesn't, I'm sure if you both visited the agencies that help with weatherizing the home(s), fixing it up, there was help out there. I find it hard to believe that you didn't or claim to not know what those agencies are there for. Therefore, I don't believe a damn word you say.
Your mom could do this on her own. As long as her income is below poverty level, even owning your home. The city of Hammond0helps you upgrade your home, forgives everything you borrow, except that lousy $1,000.00 which you pay down at $25.00 a month. No interest. Whatever you want to upgrade...they are there to help you.
So, don't blow the smoke you were forced to hire a lawyer (you qualified for free legal help); I don't and won't ever believe that those inspectors walk in and dictate...they work with you...not against you. I know from experience with them. They are your friends, not enemies. They don't want to take time off to go to court. Who the hell wants to go to court? Those guys are the best inspectors I've ever had inspecting MY house when I got it, and when my son got his. They suggested (not demanded) what they expected to be done. See, it's not what you say, it's HOW you say it. Everything worked out, and in the middle of last winter, guess who came out on a holiday with a jackhammer helping my son fix a broken water line leading to a sink (old tenants) on their day off...helping him...????? The Inspectors called the water dept. We couldn't believe it...a holiday, below zero, and they were out there shaking their balls....for a stranger in a rental. Just to get him water in his kitchen sink...not that he didn't have any in the bathroom sink...he liked to bitch.

Like you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Eye On Inspections Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye On Inspections   Eye On Inspections Empty

Back to top Go down

Eye On Inspections
Page 1 of 1