Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Artie's big hero Jon Stewart...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BigWhiteGuy

BigWhiteGuy

Artie's big hero Jon Stewart... Empty
PostSubject: Artie's big hero Jon Stewart...   Artie's big hero Jon Stewart... Empty12/7/2009, 6:45 pm

Now, if I remember correctly, Artie got a lot of his news and cut & pastes from Jon Stewart at Comedy Central. Looks like Stewart has "seen the light". Can Artie be far behind?
Quote :
Rips Obama's Surge Speech: Sounds Like Bush in 2007
By Noel Sheppard
Created 2009-12-03 11:27

Comedy Central's Jon Stewart on Wednesday absolutely tore apart President Obama's speech on Afghanistan for being a virtual rehashing of former President George W. Bush's 2007 address concerning a troop surge in Iraq.

In the opening segment of "The Daily Show," Stewart asked, "[I]s 30,000 troops the military equivalent of two Advil?"

From there, Stewart used videoclips to show just how much Obama's speech resembled what Bush said more than two years ago concerning Iraq.

"The Daily Show" host also surprisingly demonstrated how people on both sides of the aisle -- politicians and pundits alike -- hated what Obama had to say.
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2009/12/03/jon-stewart-rips-obamas-afghanistan-surge-speech
What do you say, Artie?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Artie's big hero Jon Stewart...   Artie's big hero Jon Stewart... Empty12/8/2009, 8:48 am

Wow! John Stewart didn't like the speech? BFD! It's funny how you're now using John Stewart to make your points.

Getting your marching orders from Superman's imaginary really stupid girlfriend is starting to affect your brain.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Artie's big hero Jon Stewart...   Artie's big hero Jon Stewart... Empty12/8/2009, 2:08 pm

Laughing

The Afghanistan Escalation is Popular

By David Weigel 12/8/09 10:57 AM

Quinnipiac is the latest pollster to find a huge uptick in support for an Afghanistan escalation, making last week’s speech by President Obama — somewhat surprisingly, given the reviews — one of the most politically successful. The percentage of people who say the U.S. is “doing the right” thing in Afghanistan jumped from 48 percent to 57 percent, with doubters falling from 41 percent to 35 percent.

Buried in the numbers is an interesting finding, one that gives the White House some breathing room. A majority of Republicans and a plurality of independents disapprove of Obama’s Afghanistan performance, even though the 36 percent support number from Republicans is Obama’s highest on any issue. But Democrats approve by a two-to-one majority.
http://washingtonindependent.com/69987/the-afghanistan-escalation-is-popular
Back to top Go down
BigWhiteGuy

BigWhiteGuy

PostSubject: Re: Artie's big hero Jon Stewart...   Artie's big hero Jon Stewart... Empty12/9/2009, 7:06 am

Artie60438 wrote:
Wow! John Stewart didn't like the speech? BFD! It's funny how you're now using John Stewart to make your points.

Getting your marching orders from Superman's imaginary really stupid girlfriend is starting to affect your brain.
My God...she can't respond, so you insult her through me? Aren't you the brave one!
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Artie's big hero Jon Stewart...   Artie's big hero Jon Stewart... Empty12/9/2009, 9:19 am

BigWhiteGuy wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

My God...she can't respond, so you insult her through me? Aren't you the brave one!

What's really pathetic is you doing the insignificant troll's bidding while she's standing over you.
Back to top Go down
BigWhiteGuy

BigWhiteGuy

PostSubject: Re: Artie's big hero Jon Stewart...   Artie's big hero Jon Stewart... Empty12/9/2009, 10:21 am

Artie60438 wrote:
BigWhiteGuy wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

What's really pathetic is you doing the insignificant troll's bidding while she's standing over you.
For your information, she is nowhere near me. You really don't want to start any shit with me. Fair warning!
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Artie's big hero Jon Stewart...   Artie's big hero Jon Stewart... Empty12/9/2009, 10:49 am

BigWhiteGuy wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
BigWhiteGuy wrote:

For your information, she is nowhere near me. You really don't want to start any shit with me. Fair warning!

Then maybe you should take it up with her,as she was the one who reported it.
Back to top Go down
BigWhiteGuy

BigWhiteGuy

PostSubject: Re: Artie's big hero Jon Stewart...   Artie's big hero Jon Stewart... Empty12/9/2009, 10:56 am

Artie60438 wrote:
What are you talking about, old man?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Artie's big hero Jon Stewart...   Artie's big hero Jon Stewart... Empty12/9/2009, 11:02 am

BigWhiteGuy wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Maybe you should check that "discussion" topic where all the mopes discuss "discussions" on this board. Start on Sunday about 3:12 PM :bball:
Back to top Go down
BigWhiteGuy

BigWhiteGuy

PostSubject: Re: Artie's big hero Jon Stewart...   Artie's big hero Jon Stewart... Empty12/9/2009, 11:13 am

Artie60438 wrote:
BigWhiteGuy wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Maybe you should check that "discussion" topic where all the mopes discuss "discussions" on this board. Start on Sunday about 3:12 PM :bball:
Old man, you are blathering. Please make a coherent sentence. Think it out, then type it. Turn the lights on, it helps.
Back to top Go down
BigWhiteGuy

BigWhiteGuy

PostSubject: Re: Artie's big hero Jon Stewart...   Artie's big hero Jon Stewart... Empty12/9/2009, 12:14 pm

Hey Artie! Lois is in the other room. Do you want to say anything?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Artie's big hero Jon Stewart...   Artie's big hero Jon Stewart... Empty12/9/2009, 4:37 pm

BigWhiteGuy wrote:

She's your boss,not mine.
Back to top Go down
BigWhiteGuy

BigWhiteGuy

PostSubject: Re: Artie's big hero Jon Stewart...   Artie's big hero Jon Stewart... Empty12/9/2009, 4:42 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
BigWhiteGuy wrote:

Oh, thank God. It's been so long, I thought you'd "fallen and can't get up".
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Artie's big hero Jon Stewart...   Artie's big hero Jon Stewart... Empty12/9/2009, 4:45 pm

BigWhiteGuy wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
BigWhiteGuy wrote:

Oh, thank God. It's been so long, I thought you'd "fallen and can't get up".

Your boss Lois tell you to say that? Sounds just like the troll.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Artie's big hero Jon Stewart...   Artie's big hero Jon Stewart... Empty12/12/2009, 11:06 am

I loved Lois. I think she was smarter than anyone on the board, and you boys just didn't like it. I have to stand up for her. And, BWG, you're my guy!!!!

Yep, I think you're really smart and I think the boys get a bit jealous here. No offense, Artie, but now what Lois said on the other board she doesn't think she'll come back. I don't blame her, because every time she proved herself right, everyone tried to defy her, trying to make her out to be a bubble-head, when in fact, she was and is one smart lady.

I miss her, but I'm glad BWG is back. I know you travel a lot on your job (I got that impression a long time ago, many boards ago), but when you're gone, BWG, I want ya to know I miss your postings.

I just wish Lois would come back over here.

My friend, Mirage, too.

Ok, I'm off topic, but on topic. Sorry! :bball:
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Artie's big hero Jon Stewart...   Artie's big hero Jon Stewart... Empty12/12/2009, 3:11 pm

UrRight wrote:
I loved Lois. I think she was smarter than anyone on the board, and you boys just didn't like it. I have to stand up for her.

Show me one discussion that idiot ever came close to winning?

Quote :
No offense, Artie, but now what Lois said on the other board she doesn't think she'll come back.

LOL! Is that the BS she's peddling now? She doesn't have much of a choice to come back considering she was sent on "vacation" with no end in sight.

Quote :
I don't blame her, because every time she proved herself right, everyone tried to defy her, trying to make her out to be a bubble-head, when in fact, she was and is one smart lady.

She lost just about every argument she entered. Care to show me any she won?

Quote :

Sorry,that's not going to happen and the board is better of for it. She came here with a chip on her shoulder just like that other moron,happy jack. Neither were interested in serious discussion.

Quote :
My friend, Mirage, too.

Mirage disappears for a while and then reappears. He's always welcome because he's sincere.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Artie's big hero Jon Stewart...   Artie's big hero Jon Stewart... Empty12/12/2009, 3:28 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
UrRight wrote:
I loved Lois. I think she was smarter than anyone on the board, and you boys just didn't like it. I have to stand up for her.

Show me one discussion that idiot ever came close to winning?

Quote :
No offense, Artie, but now what Lois said on the other board she doesn't think she'll come back.

LOL! Is that the BS she's peddling now? She doesn't have much of a choice to come back considering she was sent on "vacation" with no end in sight.

Quote :
I don't blame her, because every time she proved herself right, everyone tried to defy her, trying to make her out to be a bubble-head, when in fact, she was and is one smart lady.

She lost just about every argument she entered. Care to show me any she won?

Quote :

Sorry,that's not going to happen and the board is better of for it. She came here with a chip on her shoulder just like that other moron,happy jack. Neither were interested in serious discussion.

Quote :
My friend, Mirage, too.

Mirage disappears for a while and then reappears. He's always welcome because he's sincere.

Unconfidant males have a real problem with intelligent women. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Artie's big hero Jon Stewart...   Artie's big hero Jon Stewart... Empty12/12/2009, 3:41 pm

Tiger1 wrote:

Unconfidant males have a real problem with intelligent women. Twisted Evil

That would certainly leave you out considering you couldn't even post a one sentence reply without misspelling something.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Artie's big hero Jon Stewart...   Artie's big hero Jon Stewart... Empty12/13/2009, 6:30 am

Artie60438 wrote:

Yeah. Well I disagree with that. I had civil exchanges with both of them about substantive issues.

I seldom agreed with either of them. But I certainly don't think that this "board is better off" without them.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Artie's big hero Jon Stewart...   Artie's big hero Jon Stewart... Empty12/13/2009, 1:54 pm

Scorpion wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Yeah. Well I disagree with that. I had civil exchanges with both of them about substantive issues.

I seldom agreed with either of them. But I certainly don't think that this "board is better off" without them.

Scorpion,The chip on their shoulders and grudges weren't directed at you. They were however directed at several people here and they continued to see just how much they could get away with.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Artie's big hero Jon Stewart...   Artie's big hero Jon Stewart... Empty12/15/2009, 8:32 am

Well, I remember her answer or theory regarding the collapse of Cline Avenue's deterioration. She answered that one with some great "technological-wise" answers...and whomever it was that was arguing with her, never responded back, after Lois layed it all out.

Tiger is a smart woman, too.

I just think this board don't like women that are smarter than some men who pretend they know it all..like Splarks.

He usually ends up eating his words.

But then again, to be fair, Splarks would argue with a stop sign.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Artie's big hero Jon Stewart...   Artie's big hero Jon Stewart... Empty12/16/2009, 2:38 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Scorpion,The chip on their shoulders and grudges weren't directed at you. They were however directed at several people here and they continued to see just how much they could get away with.

Yeah. Well why do you think that is? Are you completely without blame? I'll tell you this... as caustic as you may feel that Jack and Lois may have been, it was far better to have them posting here than having a board (especially the National Forum) without posters.

I haven't seen what you're describing on the National Forum. I rarely look at the other forums, except occasionally to see where everybody has gone. Frankly, I don't really give a damn about the petty grudges between you and other posters.

Do you honestly think that the board is "better" now?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Artie's big hero Jon Stewart...   Artie's big hero Jon Stewart... Empty12/16/2009, 6:36 pm

Scorpion wrote:

Yeah. Well why do you think that is? Are you completely without blame? I'll tell you this... as caustic as you may feel that Jack and Lois may have been, it was far better to have them posting here than having a board (especially the National Forum) without posters.

I disagree. Neither were posting in good faith.

Quote :
I haven't seen what you're describing on the National Forum. I rarely look at the other forums, except occasionally to see where everybody has gone. Frankly, I don't really give a damn about the petty grudges between you and other posters.

Here's a perfect example of where HJ posted an article from the Onion as if it were fact. My reply to him was very polite and on topic but look how he reacted. Re: Pro-Obama bias? What pro-Obama bias? Now all his posts are gone but if you'll read thru the thread that he started you'll see exactly what I mean.
I don't expect you to give a damn,but the petty grudges and their failure to leave them at the door is the reason they're both gone.

Quote :
Do you honestly think that the board is "better" now?

Maybe "better" was a bad choice of words. I surely don't feel the board is any worse off with them gone however. The only downside is that I do miss you and Heretic tearing their arguments to shreds. It's a shame neither of them were here for 'climategate".
Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Artie's big hero Jon Stewart...   Artie's big hero Jon Stewart... Empty

Back to top Go down

Artie's big hero Jon Stewart...
Page 1 of 1