Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

So as I was saying...

Go down 
+3
Artie60438
Heretic
Passion
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Passion

Passion

So as I was saying... Empty
PostSubject: So as I was saying...   So as I was saying... Empty12/1/2009, 5:39 pm

CNN "allowing" Lou Dobbs to voice a conservative view? Out.

Global Warming not a myth? Let's check them emails! Wink

Obama keeping his promise to bring our troops home? Tonight he is gonna explain why he will send in yet MORE troops - but not enough to do the job, whatever "the job" is these days.

Obama creating more jobs in the private sector? Actually, he is eliminating private sector companies and putting these jobs on the Federal dole - just when we MUST reduce spending or we will die.

A new special tax to pay for debt? Are you frekin' serious! Not only are we already taxed too much but no new tax will eliminate any debt when there is no reduction in spending.

Increasing corporate taxes? Again, that's stupid! We have the 2nd highest corporate tax, with Japan 1st. Even Communist China is half our corporate tax rate. Unless you're a crook, have a government contract, or are a poor businessman who would start a new business under today's circumstances?

I am dead serious. We need to eliminate personal income taxes, severely cut Federal spending and entitlements, and now I will add we need a reduction in corporate taxation. Failure to do not any but all of these and in 5 years the US dollar will be worth less than toilet paper. Watch & see!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So as I was saying...   So as I was saying... Empty12/1/2009, 8:31 pm

I agree. We are a mess, and getting worse.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: So as I was saying...   So as I was saying... Empty12/1/2009, 10:11 pm

Civilizations collapse. This one's ours. Enjoy the ride down.
Back to top Go down
Passion

Passion

PostSubject: Re: So as I was saying...   So as I was saying... Empty12/1/2009, 11:51 pm

Heretic wrote:
Civilizations collapse. This one's ours. Enjoy the ride down.

The irony here is that much of the reason it is headed down is because of the socialization that is purported to be our salvation, or at least that which we should aspire to. Many of us say this thinking is exactly backwards. As backwards as the thought of special taxes to recover debt without actually cutting spending - indeed while increasing spending yet more! This is completely insane, especially when the policies going forward today is drying up private sector business instead of creating revenue by inspiring new business and new jobs.

The best and most honorable thing President Obama and the Congress can do is resign their offices and let them be held by people who know what the hell they are doing for a change. But of course not only will they not do that but they'll run for re-election to perpetuate the policies of madness. I wonder if this is how the year 1925 felt? Or perhaps 1928? Because we are truly headed to a worse than 1929 economy, perhaps as soon as 2010.
Back to top Go down
Passion

Passion

PostSubject: Re: So as I was saying...   So as I was saying... Empty12/2/2009, 12:13 am

Tiger1 wrote:
I agree. We are a mess, and getting worse.

Here is the problem. I have spoken to many younger people of late and it seems their learning of history is sadly lacking many important lessons. So how do we boil down the situation and the solution to a catchy, descriptive sound bite?

The seniors are already well out of the Dem camp thinking as of today with respect to healthcare. They have 1st hand history to fall back on. Same for other issues too, now that their suspicions are raised. But the young people are still unlearned enough to actually buy into some of this Dem rhetoric and think it holds some sort of substance. It's the only way I can see any support for these agendas at all from people who will actually be paying the bills.

Tonight Obama gave a nationally televised speech about Afghanistan. IMO it was a very poor national speech and seemed more like a low level security briefing. The reasoning was weak and the alluded to case for a war tax fell on deaf ears. I love the irony! You see Obama said Bush was right. I heard Obama say we have to stay in Afghanistan or the terrorists will be attacking us here. Or did everyone sleep through that part? LOL

But yes Tiger it's all a mess. From the economy to foreign policy to the structure of government to taxation. It's all a frekin' mess. What sucks is there are solutions that will work. They are just ignored because they are tough choices and everybody wants free stuff. The problem is convincing some folks that sometimes you gotta give up cool stuff in order to pay the bills, which of course is not too popular with those who get the most and pay the least towards it.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: So as I was saying...   So as I was saying... Empty12/2/2009, 8:43 am

Passion wrote:
The irony here is that much of the reason it is headed down is because of the socialization that is purported to be our salvation, or at least that which we should aspire to.

It's headed down because infinite growth simply isn't possible. That's why the proposed socialization isn't our salvation, and why no policy that doesn't at the very least recognize that ever will be. Squabbling over policies without changing that fundamental is like arguing over which AIDS-related illness gets to kill an AIDS patient. We're doomed no matter what happens because ultimately the system is compromised.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: So as I was saying...   So as I was saying... Empty12/2/2009, 9:24 am

Passion wrote:

The best and most honorable thing President Obama and the Congress can do is resign their offices and let them be held by people who know what the hell they are doing for a change.

And who exactly would those people be?
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: So as I was saying...   So as I was saying... Empty12/2/2009, 11:45 am

Passion wrote:

Tonight Obama gave a nationally televised speech about Afghanistan. IMO it was a very poor national speech and seemed more like a low level security briefing. The reasoning was weak and the alluded to case for a war tax fell on deaf ears.

Obama made no reference to a "war tax" in his speech at all.

Here's the text...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091202/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_us_afghanistan_text_1

Passion wrote:

I love the irony! You see Obama said Bush was right. I heard Obama say we have to stay in Afghanistan or the terrorists will be attacking us here. Or did everyone sleep through that part? LOL

Yeah, well I heard that part. I don't think that anyone questions that the Afghanistan/Pakistan region has always been a haven for the terrorists who attacked us on 9/11. Bush's mistake was taking his eye of the ball and wasting American blood and treasure in Iraq. Bush allowed Bin Laden to escape, and launched a half-assed effort in Afghanistan that did next to nothing to eliminate the terrorist threat in that country.

Al Qaeda wasn't even present in Iraq before the invasion. They were in the Afghanistan/Pakistan border region, and they still are, so there was no "irony" in the President's statement... except maybe for people who have been "sleeping" through the past 8 years. .
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: So as I was saying...   So as I was saying... Empty12/2/2009, 12:04 pm

Heretic wrote:
Passion wrote:
The irony here is that much of the reason it is headed down is because of the socialization that is purported to be our salvation, or at least that which we should aspire to.

It's headed down because infinite growth simply isn't possible. That's why the proposed socialization isn't our salvation, and why no policy that doesn't at the very least recognize that ever will be. Squabbling over policies without changing that fundamental is like arguing over which AIDS-related illness gets to kill an AIDS patient. We're doomed no matter what happens because ultimately the system is compromised.

I definitely agree that infinite growth is not possible, and will eventually lead to the collapse of our entire civilization if it isn't addressed. However, I don't in any way think that the collapse is imminent, even though it is inevitable in the long run. Do you?
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: So as I was saying...   So as I was saying... Empty12/2/2009, 8:56 pm

Imminent? Well, the speed of the entire process is determined by the limits imposed. Food, water, or energy could be sudden, but we're not there yet. Economic instability seems far more likely, and that process would be a slow one. I guess I'm just not terribly confident that the economy will recover. We're strained enough as it is, and we have nothing to look forward to but more war and resource shortages.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: So as I was saying...   So as I was saying... Empty12/3/2009, 12:33 pm

Heretic wrote:
Imminent? Well, the speed of the entire process is determined by the limits imposed. Food, water, or energy could be sudden, but we're not there yet. Economic instability seems far more likely, and that process would be a slow one. I guess I'm just not terribly confident that the economy will recover. We're strained enough as it is, and we have nothing to look forward to but more war and resource shortages.

I guess I'm a bit more optimistic, at least over the short run. I do think the the economy will recover if Obama continues the stimulus policies and begins to move us closer to "green energy."

The investment in our electrical grid is just one example. I was really glad to see that included in the stimulus package. I'm convinced that a "smart grid" is the only way that we're going to be able to solve the energy and climate change issues. It's going to cost a lot of money to get it done, but I don't see any alternative.

It will also probably take a decade or more to fully update the electrical grid, and that's an optimistic estimate, based upon a full scale effort. Is that too long? Is it too late? Maybe, but we need to do everything that we can to move away from fossil fuels as quickly as possible. The future of our civilization is at stake, and we simply can't afford to dither any longer.

If we don't act, then I agree. We're destined to replay the "Easter Island" scenario, only this time, it will be on a global scale.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: So as I was saying...   So as I was saying... Empty12/24/2009, 8:32 pm

DEC. 24th, what's your opinion today? Bambie HAD to not allow his vacation plans go, just like his last minute trip to Coppenhagan to get the Olympics to come to Chicago.

Anyone else seeing the feather in his hat? This guy is NOT a President. He's a party player.

The health REFORM bill will be fought toothy and naily.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: So as I was saying...   So as I was saying... Empty12/25/2009, 4:03 pm

$4,000 a night in Hawaii. Parties every Wednesday. Obambie's wife tells the rest of the world to tighten their belts, but has 26 assistants, not including her own mom.

I hope they boot this idiot out before a year is up. I think he ran up more bills taking vacations, partying, in a six month period than any President of the US did in a lifetime.

This guy is NOT a leader. Just a typical Jesse Jackson once they get in office. Ripping off the nation.

He's gotta get the boooooot real quick. The USA is no longer the USA I grew up in. Equal rights. Gave it to him, and turns around to screw everyone. Typical Rudy Clay in disquise.

Give them an inch, they don't take a mile. They take it for thousands of miles. They feel they are entilted.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: So as I was saying...   So as I was saying... Empty12/25/2009, 4:26 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Passion wrote:

The best and most honorable thing President Obama and the Congress can do is resign their offices and let them be held by people who know what the hell they are doing for a change.

Artie, can't you see? We outsourced manufacturing. Look at the labels on your clothing. Made by Iran, Pakistan, etc. Yet we send millions over there.

We screwed up cuz we didn't realize long ago the impact of our gov't sending jobs overseas, being forced to buy their products.

We have NO jobs, no money to really purchase what we sent abroad.

I expected Obambie to change all that. Instead, empty promises and a POTUS and LOTUS that took more vacations in one year...unnecessary trips, instead of staying home and acting like a leader and parents.

NO more money sent overseas. No more religious wars not based on freedom. We have the technology to send drones there without shedding more blood.

Potus needs to start acting like a POTUS and LOTUS needs to reduce her staff to the average of 3 people and start acting like a mom. Gram ain't gonna live forever and the day I need 26 people to help raise my 2 kids...well, even Mrs. Kennedy raised her own with 2 assistants. Stop acting like party people and GROW up.

Quit taking vacations you never otherwise would have taken at taxpayer's expense.

I'd like a little more food in my cupboards and money to visit Navy Pier with my daughter. Instead, tomorrow, the day after Christmas, tightening my belt, I'll do my Christmas shopping and pray my money lasts until she leaves on the 30th.

While the POTUS and LOTUS spend $4,000 a day at their lavish Hawaii retreat, paying for the friends next door, and next door, and next door, to stay with them and enjoy life while us taxpayers suffer.

Merry Christmas Potus and Lotus. At this rate, you'll be on a full blown vacation for years to come after another six months of this exempilary behavior.

Go back to Chicago where that behavior is accepted and the norm. You may be black, but you also act it. You were nothing but false hope to ifluence the young people to vote for you to support your lavish lifestyle.

I feel bad that they won't realize it until your daughters won't need your permission to make such a tough decision on what kind of dog to get.

Of course, Kennedy took care of that decision for you and they had no choice. Just as we, as American's don't have a choice. Believe me, not a day goes by where I don't write to the appropriate people to get you removed.

You are NOT qualified to lead or be a POTUS except a POSH$Tz. You, and, ""MOvin' on up!" (LOTUS.)

You guys want equal rights, but you take it to the extreme. You guys suck, and I didn't vote for you. My child was sent $500.00 to vote against you. She still voted for you. Guess what? You'll cost her millions more because you made her believe in you. You are a moron for a president.

As President and First Lady, YOU RANK ZERO ON MY LIST.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: So as I was saying...   So as I was saying... Empty12/26/2009, 7:15 am

UrRight wrote:
$4,000 a night in Hawaii. Parties every Wednesday. Obambie's wife tells the rest of the world to tighten their belts, but has 26 assistants, not including her own mom.

I hope they boot this idiot out before a year is up. I think he ran up more bills taking vacations, partying, in a six month period than any President of the US did in a lifetime.

The Vacation President
Quote :
President Bush famously, if unjustifiably, casts himself as Ronald Reagan's disciple. But in at least one way, he has surpassed his master.

According to the meticulous records kept by CBS Radio White House correspondent Mark Knoller, Bush on Monday lodged his 879th day spent in whole or in part at Camp David or his sprawling estate in Crawford, Tex.

By comparison, the 40th president only -- only! -- spent all or part of 866 days at Camp David or his ranch in California during his eight years in office, according to the Reagan Library. (By my count, Bush actually beat Reagan's mark on Dec. 30, during his Christmas vacation in Crawford.)

This, of course, is not the noblest of records to break. Reagan was frequently derided for his laid-back, hands-off approach to his job. He even poked fun of himself at the 1987 Gridiron Dinner: "It's true hard work never killed anybody, but I figure, why take the chance?"

And, of course, Bush still has almost a year to go. His will almost certainly be a record for the ages.

Bush's current tally represents a little more than a third of his presidency. And that's not counting the 39 days that Knoller says he spent in whole or in part at the Bush family compound in Kennebunkport, Me. All in all, Knoller says, Bush has made 134 separate visits to Camp David, 70 to Crawford and 10 to Kennebunkport in a little over seven years.
Back to top Go down
BigFan

BigFan

PostSubject: Re: So as I was saying...   So as I was saying... Empty12/27/2009, 5:28 pm

But the world began Jan 20, 2009. Who is this Bush gentleman you speak of?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: So as I was saying...   So as I was saying... Empty12/28/2009, 8:02 am

BigFan wrote:
But the world began Jan 20, 2009. Who is this Bush gentleman you speak of?

He was the village idiot selected by Republicans to fix the nightmare of peace,prosperity,millions of new jobs,and budget surpluses,that the evil Bill Clinton left us. Bush ended up resolving each and every one of those problems.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: So as I was saying...   So as I was saying... Empty12/30/2009, 1:42 pm

UrRight wrote:

Potus needs to start acting like a POTUS and LOTUS needs to reduce her staff to the average of 3 people and start acting like a mom. Gram ain't gonna live forever and the day I need 26 people to help raise my 2 kids...well, even Mrs. Kennedy raised her own with 2 assistants. Stop acting like party people and GROW up.

Quit taking vacations you never otherwise would have taken at taxpayer's expense.

IIRC, the President pays for his own lodging expenses while on vacation. That was the case when the First Family stayed at Martha's Vineyard, and I see no evidence that it's not the case this time.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/08/12/AR2009081203405.html?wprss=rss_print/asection

Quote :
The president who preaches bipartisanship has chosen to stay at the private estate of a prominent Republican. Obama, who has vacationed on the island in the past, is paying for his family's portion of a total rent estimated at $25,000 or more.

The misrepresentations about Michelle's staff came directly from an e-mail circulated earlier this year....

http://factcheck.org/2009/08/michelle-obamas-staff/

Quote :
A blog post from Chicago Sun-Times reporter Lynn Sweet on July 6 put the spotlight on "What Michelle Obama’s Staffers Earn." The staff of TheLastCrusade.org, a Web site that describes itself as a place "where you can engage in the life and death struggle against the forces of Islam, apostasy, moral complacency, cultural relativity, and the New World Order," then took the information and posted a piece claiming that the first lady had hired an "unprecedented number of staffers" to "cater to her every whim and to satisfy her every request in the midst of the Great Recession." That piece was also posted on the conservative Web site CanadaFreePress.com under the byline of Dr. Paul L. Williams, who runs TheLastCrusade.org. That post has become part of a chain e-mail that some of our readers have passed on to us, and the e-mail expands upon Williams’ post, falsely claiming that some recent first ladies have had only one or three staffers.

UrRight wrote:

You may be black, but you also act it.

WTF do you mean by this statement? How exactly do blacks "act?"

UrRight wrote:

You guys want equal rights, but you take it to the extreme. You guys suck, and I didn't vote for you. My child was sent $500.00 to vote against you. She still voted for you.

In many states, it's a felony to pay someone in order to influence their vote. Probably not a good idea to publicly admit that you did this, but suit yourself.

Here is one example:

http://www.sosweb.state.ar.us/ar-constitution/7/7-1-104.htm

Quote :
ยง 7-1-104. Miscellaneous felonies - Penalties.

(4) It shall be unlawful for any person to offer, accept, receive, or pay any person any money, goods, wares, or merchandise or solicit any money, goods, wares, or merchandise for the purpose of influencing his or her vote during the progress of any election in this state;
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: So as I was saying...   So as I was saying... Empty1/13/2010, 12:23 am

-Bump-
Back to top Go down
WhitingLib

WhitingLib

PostSubject: Re: So as I was saying...   So as I was saying... Empty1/13/2010, 12:21 pm

UrRight wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
Passion wrote:

Artie, can't you see? We outsourced manufacturing. Look at the labels on your clothing. Made by Iran, Pakistan, etc. Yet we send millions over there.

We screwed up cuz we didn't realize long ago the impact of our gov't sending jobs overseas, being forced to buy their products.

We have NO jobs, no money to really purchase what we sent abroad.

I expected Obambie to change all that. Instead, empty promises and a POTUS and LOTUS that took more vacations in one year...unnecessary trips, instead of staying home and acting like a leader and parents.

NO more money sent overseas. No more religious wars not based on freedom. We have the technology to send drones there without shedding more blood.

I'd like a little more food in my cupboards and money to visit Navy Pier with my daughter. Instead, tomorrow, the day after Christmas, tightening my belt, I'll do my Christmas shopping and pray my money lasts until she leaves on the 30th.

While the POTUS and LOTUS spend $4,000 a day at their lavish Hawaii retreat, paying for the friends next door, and next door, and next door, to stay with them and enjoy life while us taxpayers suffer.

Merry Christmas Potus and Lotus. At this rate, you'll be on a full blown vacation for years to come after another six months of this exempilary behavior.

Go back to Chicago where that behavior is accepted and the norm. You may be black, but you also act it. You were nothing but false hope to ifluence the young people to vote for you to support your lavish lifestyle.

I feel bad that they won't realize it until your daughters won't need your permission to make such a tough decision on what kind of dog to get.

Of course, Kennedy took care of that decision for you and they had no choice. Just as we, as American's don't have a choice. Believe me, not a day goes by where I don't write to the appropriate people to get you removed.

You are NOT qualified to lead or be a POTUS except a POSH$Tz. You, and, ""MOvin' on up!" (LOTUS.)

You guys want equal rights, but you take it to the extreme. You guys suck, and I didn't vote for you. My child was sent $500.00 to vote against you. She still voted for you. Guess what? You'll cost her millions more because you made her believe in you. You are a moron for a president.

As President and First Lady, YOU RANK ZERO ON MY LIST.

Shocked WOW....That's about all I can say about this.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: So as I was saying...   So as I was saying... Empty1/13/2010, 1:40 pm

...and she still believes in him. Guess what? She's freaking out now....job-wise....hooked up with a millionaire that needed her to run the entertainment business...but the requirement was to leave LA and move to CT. Thought she knew it all..on the unemployment rolel, but, "OH, Obamba is our Saviour!"

"I'm good a what I do!" The Obamaba jokes on her, now. She was complaining how high her insurance was, that she has to put so much away to "pay for poor people"...it didn't strike her until now...jobs don't come easy even though you do well and think you know it all. Sometimes, "Pride comes before the fall." Which is what's gonna happen to Obamba. You won't see another term for him. We won't be able to afford voting machines, which will eliminate ACORN.
Back to top Go down
WhitingLib

WhitingLib

PostSubject: Re: So as I was saying...   So as I was saying... Empty1/13/2010, 1:51 pm

UrRight wrote:
...and she still believes in him. Guess what? She's freaking out now....job-wise....hooked up with a millionaire that needed her to run the entertainment business...but the requirement was to leave LA and move to CT. Thought she knew it all..on the unemployment rolel, but, "OH, Obamba is our Saviour!"

"I'm good a what I do!" The Obamaba jokes on her, now. She was complaining how high her insurance was, that she has to put so much away to "pay for poor people"...it didn't strike her until now...jobs don't come easy even though you do well and think you know it all. Sometimes, "Pride comes before the fall." Which is what's gonna happen to Obamba. You won't see another term for him. We won't be able to afford voting machines, which will eliminate ACORN.

Question
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: So as I was saying...   So as I was saying... Empty1/13/2010, 6:05 pm

[quote="WhitingLib"]
UrRight wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Please stop the lies...

President Obama has spent all or part of 26 days "on vacation" during his first year as president, according to CBS News White House Correspondent Mark Knoller.

During Ronald Reagan's fist year in office, he made seven trips west to his California ranch, spending all or part of 42 days there. He also spent 57 days at Camp David in 1989, having made 19 visits to the presidential retreat in Maryland's Catoctin Mountains, most of them weekend respites. The Reagans also spent three or four days every year in Palm Springs, Calif., as New Year's guests at the estate of friend and philanthropist Walter Annenberg.

President George W. Bush spent even more time away from the presidential mansion in the nation’s capital than Reagan. Of the 77 total "vacation" trips the former president made to his Texas ranch while in office, nine of them — all or part of 69 days — came during his first year as president in 2001, according to Knoller.

Bush’s father, President George H.W. Bush, spent less time "on vacation" during his first year than his son, but spent more days than President Obama. According to travel records provided to FactCheck.org by the George Bush Presidential Library and Museum, the former president took six trips — spanning all or part of 40 days — to the Bush family compound in Kennebunkport, Maine, in 1989. The archivist at Bush’s presidential library told us she didn’t have a list of all vacations but did have the Kennebunkport visits.
http://factcheck.org/2010/01/president-obamas-vacation-days/

Quote :

The Obama's pay for their own lodging.

Quote :
Go back to Chicago where that behavior is accepted and the norm. You may be black, but you also act it.
You guys want equal rights, but you take it to the extreme.

Spoken like a true bigot :shakehead:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So as I was saying...   So as I was saying... Empty

Back to top Go down

So as I was saying...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Nation/Other :: Nation/World-
Jump to: