Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Looking for Apple Crisp Recipe

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KarenT

PostSubject: Looking for Apple Crisp Recipe   10/20/2009, 10:59 pm

The times had a recipe about 1 1/2 year ago for an apple crisp using apple butter to flavor the apples. I have lost it and was hoping someone here had clipped it. I checked their archives and can't find it. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Apple Crisp Recipe   11/15/2009, 2:13 pm

KarenT wrote:
The times had a recipe about 1 1/2 year ago for an apple crisp using apple butter to flavor the apples. I have lost it and was hoping someone here had clipped it. I checked their archives and can't find it. Thanks.

Hey Karen, my mom is a daily baker from scratch. I am not at home right now, but I do have a "Blueberry Crisp" recipe and since my mom is the international baker neighbors consult, borrow the pans, etc., I'll email her tonight and ask if she has the apple crisp recipe.

My sis in law makes the blueberry crisp recipe always. She's a fruit nut. Loves her fruit. I'll check with my mom...but meanwhile, if you want the blueberry crisp recipe, no problem. Aldies has the frozen blue berries, since they are out of season.

My mom makes homemade apple butter and jelly, and found out how to make them without preservatives. She just showed me that a couple months ago. She would always used to can foods (still does, such as tomatoes), but found it so easy to whip up a batch of jelly with the frozen fruit in the freezer, thus eliminating preservatives.

I was going to suggest typing in recipes, but I myself tried stranger's posted recipes, and was very disappointed, despite rave reviews on them on the internet. I stick with the thousands passed down by family members and added by my siblings/in-law's because we're big on food. Food is what gathers us around the table...and love it when the grandkids provoke arguments between grammaw and gramps, bringing up their now by-gone in-laws. But the beat goes on. All around food.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Apple Crisp Recipe   11/16/2009, 5:01 pm

Karen, did you get your apple crisp recipe? Do you want the blueberry one?
Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Apple Crisp Recipe   11/16/2009, 10:05 pm

I found it, thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Apple Crisp Recipe   12/24/2011, 1:04 am

Ingredients:
• 3 pounds tart apples
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
• 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/3 cup granulated sugar
• 1/3 cup rolled oats
• 4 tablespoons cold butter (1/2 stick)
• 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
Preparation:
Peel, core and chop the apples; toss in a bowl with lemon juice. In a separate bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg; add to the apples and toss to combine.
In another bowl combine flour, sugar and oats. Cut butter into 8 small pieces, and cut butter into flour with a pastry blender or two forks until mixture is crumbly. Stir in the chopped nuts.
Butter a 9-inch square baking dish. Spread apple mixture in bottom of baking dish then sprinkle with flour mixture. Bake at 375° for 30 to 45 minutes, or until apples are tender and topping is lightly browned.
Serve warm or at room temperature, with vanilla ice cream or a little heavy cream, if desired.
Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Apple Crisp Recipe   12/26/2011, 10:07 am

In mine, the apples are mixed with Apple Butter, and I put in raisins instead of nuts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Apple Crisp Recipe   

Back to top Go down

Looking for Apple Crisp Recipe
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Nation/Other :: Travel, Cooking, Restaurants-
Jump to: