Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wingnuts Cheer Over Olympic Loss

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Artie60438

Wingnuts Cheer Over Olympic Loss Empty
PostSubject: Wingnuts Cheer Over Olympic Loss   Wingnuts Cheer Over Olympic Loss Empty10/2/2009, 2:26 pm

Another episode of "How Not To Attract Voters.....The GOP strategy to alienate as many moderates and independents marches on.....

Chicago loses Olympics bid; conservatives rejoice

It's not often that conservatives celebrate the U.S. losing out to countries like Brazil and Spain, especially not when the loss involves a prominent event like the Summer Olympics. But when the International Olympic Committee eliminated Chicago as a potential host for the 2016 games in the first round of voting on Friday, the right broke out the champagne.

So when news of Chicago's loss came in, the response was swift, and joyful. Drudge's banner headline (screenshot above) read, "World rejects Obama: Chicago out in first round. The ego has landed." On the Weekly Standard's blog, John McCormack wrote of the news, "Cheers erupt at WEEKLY STANDARD world headquarters. "
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Wingnuts Cheer Over Olympic Loss   Wingnuts Cheer Over Olympic Loss Empty10/3/2009, 1:55 pm

The GOP's media darlings...
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Wingnuts Cheer Over Olympic Loss   Wingnuts Cheer Over Olympic Loss Empty10/3/2009, 4:02 pm

Seen this?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/02/conservatives-revel-in-ob_n_307794.html

Quote :
Upon being informed of the news, a gathering of conservatives at the Americans For Prosperity -- one of the main organizing groups behind the tea party protests -- erupted in applause. They cheered once more after they were told that Chicago had been eliminated during the first round of voting. The moment was captured on video (below)

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1460906593?bctid=43158474001

It's always puzzled me why the conservatives liked to say that liberals "wanted America to lose," presumably because of disdain for President Bush. I never understood why anyone would ever make such a ridiculous statement. I guess now I know. Because it appears that's how their brains are wired... in other words, that's what they would do under the same circumstances. It's pretty damned clear that they care more about President Obama "losing" than what is best for our country.

This unbridled joy over "losing" the Olympic bid makes conservatives look really petty and small.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wingnuts Cheer Over Olympic Loss   Wingnuts Cheer Over Olympic Loss Empty10/3/2009, 6:05 pm

Why celebrate Chicago's loss?
1.) The taxpayers are no longer on the hook for the guranteed cost overruns or fundraising shortages.
2.) The machine will have to come up with a new plan for what was sure to be millions in graft.
3.) We won't be subjected to countless news stories about the plight of blighted Gary, just minutes from the glory of the olympics.
4.) There won't be six years of total gridlock while they rebuild every road in Cook County.

If we lived outside the Chicago media umbrella, we would have realized a long time ago that Chicago was a long shot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wingnuts Cheer Over Olympic Loss   Wingnuts Cheer Over Olympic Loss Empty10/4/2009, 8:32 am

I still waiting for you clowns to blame George W. Bush...after all, Jesse Jackson does. afro
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Wingnuts Cheer Over Olympic Loss   Wingnuts Cheer Over Olympic Loss Empty10/4/2009, 1:46 pm

Bill B wrote:
1.) The taxpayers are no longer on the hook for the guranteed cost overruns or fundraising shortages.
2.) The machine will have to come up with a new plan for what was sure to be millions in graft.
3.) We won't be subjected to countless news stories about the plight of blighted Gary, just minutes from the glory of the olympics.
4.) There won't be six years of total gridlock while they rebuild every road in Cook County.

If we lived outside the Chicago media umbrella, we would have realized a long time ago that Chicago was a long shot.

Bill,Being a property owner in Chicago,I had mixed feelings about the Olympics,and every one of your points are valid . I can understand where local residents who were not in favor would cheer or celebrate over the decision. That still doesn't excuse the reaction from the Republicans.

As Scorpion said:
Quote :
It's pretty damned clear that they care more about President Obama "losing" than what is best for our country.
Back to top Go down
Passion

Passion

PostSubject: Re: Wingnuts Cheer Over Olympic Loss   Wingnuts Cheer Over Olympic Loss Empty10/5/2009, 5:07 pm

Bill B wrote:

You beat me to it. That is mainly my sentiments about it.

I would have made more of an issue about mayor Daley's flip-flops on who would pay and the probable $20+ bil cost-overrun for the thing. And that it didn't look like anybody outside the Chicago city limits was gonna benefit, besides land developers & investors like Valerie Jarrett. & friends. I wouldn't think any businesses in NWI would see any benefits though despite speculation from some.

All the politics surrounding the Olympics is a bad joke. It's not worth all the expense to even bid and certainly not worth the cost of winning after the cost overruns.

Maybe in the next 20 years we can just hold the Olympics via WII-cast from home and save all that squabbling over who gets to foot the bill for the IOC party. . Razz
Back to top Go down
Passion

Passion

PostSubject: Re: Wingnuts Cheer Over Olympic Loss   Wingnuts Cheer Over Olympic Loss Empty10/5/2009, 5:12 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Bill B wrote:

Bill,Being a property owner in Chicago,I had mixed feelings about the Olympics,and every one of your points are valid . I can understand where local residents who were not in favor would cheer or celebrate over the decision. That still doesn't excuse the reaction from the Republicans.

As Scorpion said:
Quote :
It's pretty damned clear that they care more about President Obama "losing" than what is best for our country.

How is it "best for our country" to have won? How odd that you give Chicagoans a free pass for not wanting to foot the bill, but then rant against Republicans who have the same concern. We know who the real wingnut is now. Wink
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Wingnuts Cheer Over Olympic Loss   Wingnuts Cheer Over Olympic Loss Empty10/5/2009, 6:26 pm

Passion wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
Bill B wrote:

As Scorpion said:
Quote :

How is it "best for our country" to have won?

How is it "best for our country" to have lost?

Quote :
How odd that you give Chicagoans a free pass for not wanting to foot the bill, but then rant against Republicans who have the same concern. We know who the real wingnut is now. Wink

Rush Limbaugh,Glenn Beck,etc don't live in or anywhere near Chicago. Cheering for failure is just plain wrong no matter who the President is.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Wingnuts Cheer Over Olympic Loss   Wingnuts Cheer Over Olympic Loss Empty10/5/2009, 11:51 pm

Passion wrote:
How odd that you give Chicagoans a free pass for not wanting to foot the bill, but then rant against Republicans who have the same concern.

"Republicans who have the same concern?" Give me a frickin' break!

You didn't even bother to watch this video of Beck's and Rush's reaction to the news, did you? Take 2 minutes to watch the damned video, Mirage.

When you're done, let us know if you still think that these clowns have the "same concerns" as Chicagoans who opposed bringing the Olympics to the City.
Back to top Go down
Passion

Passion

PostSubject: Re: Wingnuts Cheer Over Olympic Loss   Wingnuts Cheer Over Olympic Loss Empty10/6/2009, 10:32 am

You wingnuts are a trip.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wingnuts Cheer Over Olympic Loss   Wingnuts Cheer Over Olympic Loss Empty

Back to top Go down

Wingnuts Cheer Over Olympic Loss
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Nation/Other :: Nation/World-
Jump to: