Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Remonstration petitions to close McTavern's

Go down 
+5
Penguin
Artie60438
FFScott
the oracle
sparks
9 posters
AuthorMessage
sparks

Remonstration petitions to close McTavern's Empty
PostSubject: Remonstration petitions to close McTavern's   Remonstration petitions to close McTavern's Empty9/27/2009, 6:40 am

There is going to be a hearing of the Lake county alcohol commission on Thursday October 1 at nine am at the Lake county courthouse. There are three businesses that are causing problems in their neighborhoods. McTavern's,DoDo's and A-One Liquors. McTavern's has had two shooting on their property in the last eighteen months and markets itself to gang members. DoDo's ownership has lost control of their bar and drug dealers are using it as a place to sell drugs. A-One Liquors has had a murder outside it's building and has been cited for underage liquor sales. If any Hammond residents want to sign any or all of this petitions, send me a PM. If enough residents decide we're not going to allow this kind of thing in our community, we can make a difference. We need the signatures by Wednesday afternoon so they can be given to the Hammond city attorney, Chris Kantar. What would really be great is if several people can attend the hearing Thursday morning and testify to the commission. Individual testimony is given great weight by the commission.
thanks for your help,
Dave Hein
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: Remonstration petitions to close McTavern's   Remonstration petitions to close McTavern's Empty9/27/2009, 9:56 am

good job sparks. please make sure to call my show...every show...to remind about the upcoming meeting in crown point regarding these liscesnses
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Remonstration petitions to close McTavern's   Remonstration petitions to close McTavern's Empty10/2/2009, 5:38 am

McTavern's asked for another continuance yesterday, so we can collect even more signatures on the petition to shut them down. I'm fairly confident that the Lake county Liquor control board is going to deny the petition based on overwhelming community support. My wife and I have really enjoyed meeting and talking to our neighbors. We'll start collecting more signatures on Magoun in a week or so. According to the Mailman, there was an fight behind McTavern's last weekend. The owner's son was beaten by the DJ for McTavern's. Since he is the punk who started marketing the bar to the gangbangers, I don't have much sympathy. What comes around, goes around.
Back to top Go down
FFScott

PostSubject: Re: Remonstration petitions to close McTavern's   Remonstration petitions to close McTavern's Empty10/2/2009, 9:03 am

I dont think I've signed that petition yet. I will gladly. Ive gone on ambulance and fire alarm calls at 2am there and its not a pleasant atmosphere.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Remonstration petitions to close McTavern's   Remonstration petitions to close McTavern's Empty10/2/2009, 6:30 pm

On the Creature's show today The owner of McTavern's called in and revealed that his liquor license expires on Wed the 7th and he has not gotten an extension as of yet. Unless he does,he won't be able to serve alcohol after Wednesday.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: Remonstration petitions to close McTavern's   Remonstration petitions to close McTavern's Empty10/2/2009, 10:44 pm

wonderful news
Back to top Go down
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Remonstration petitions to close McTavern's   Remonstration petitions to close McTavern's Empty10/5/2009, 11:55 pm

BW3's coming to the new McTaverns site. New owners say - No Preachers allowed. Time to start drifting around the country again dumb *ss. :titanic:
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Remonstration petitions to close McTavern's   Remonstration petitions to close McTavern's Empty10/6/2009, 5:36 am

Penguin wrote:
BW3's coming to the new McTaverns site. New owners say - No Preachers allowed. Time to start drifting around the country again dumb *ss. :titanic:
I think we're stuck with him. The Preacher lacks the skills to be able to afford to live on his own. The best we can hope for is his sponsors won't buy ads on his trainwreck of a show.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Remonstration petitions to close McTavern's   Remonstration petitions to close McTavern's Empty10/6/2009, 8:32 am

sparks wrote:

I think we're stuck with him. The Preacher lacks the skills to be able to afford to live on his own. The best we can hope for is his sponsors won't buy ads on his trainwreck of a show.

I don't think he has any advertisers anymore other than maybe the car repair shop,who starting Saturday,gets their own show. Shortly after Fowler & the Mailman went on the air,he made a big announcement about how he was going to go out and get more sponsors than anyone. So far all he's rolled is a big gutter ball,which is kinda like the story of his life.
Back to top Go down
Mailman

Mailman

PostSubject: Re: Remonstration petitions to close McTavern's   Remonstration petitions to close McTavern's Empty10/6/2009, 9:51 am

Well didn't he say he was going to "support McTaverns" ? In the radio world isn't it supposed to be the other way around ? Shouldn't the business support the show ? I don't know but I'm guessing this has to be a first in radio.
Back to top Go down
Big Unit

PostSubject: Re: Remonstration petitions to close McTavern's   Remonstration petitions to close McTavern's Empty10/6/2009, 2:10 pm

October 22 is the woodmar community watch meeting and the owner of McTaverns has been known to show up, lets bring the petitions there again and run him out of the meeting this time.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Remonstration petitions to close McTavern's   Remonstration petitions to close McTavern's Empty10/6/2009, 3:55 pm

Big Unit wrote:
October 22 is the woodmar community watch meeting and the owner of McTaverns has been known to show up, lets bring the petitions there again and run him out of the meeting this time.

I don't know if I mentioned it or not,but when he was on with the creature he claimed he was going to have his own petitions, Not from neighborhood citizens mind you,but from his "patrons".
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: Remonstration petitions to close McTavern's   Remonstration petitions to close McTavern's Empty10/7/2009, 5:11 am

oh great. so tommy two toes and and frankie no nose are in favor of keeping the place than as well?
Back to top Go down
voter3

PostSubject: Re: Remonstration petitions to close McTavern's   Remonstration petitions to close McTavern's Empty10/7/2009, 7:07 am

No but I am sure KASH and lil Dboy as well as Dr. do little and DJ homey will sign!!
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Remonstration petitions to close McTavern's   Remonstration petitions to close McTavern's Empty10/10/2009, 5:37 am

I am looking to set up a webpage that people can go to for more information about shutting down McTavern's,A-One Liquors and DoDo's. I think if we can shut down all three businesses, it will send a strong message to the rest of the liquor license holders in Hammond the residents are no longer going to put up with this kind of crap in Hammond. I plan on running an ad in the Post-Tribune to draw attention to the website. Any suggestions on the quickest way to get this website up and running?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remonstration petitions to close McTavern's   Remonstration petitions to close McTavern's Empty10/10/2009, 7:24 am

sparks wrote:
I am looking to set up a webpage that people can go to for more information about shutting down McTavern's,A-One Liquors and DoDo's. I think if we can shut down all three businesses, it will send a strong message to the rest of the liquor license holders in Hammond the residents are no longer going to put up with this kind of crap in Hammond. I plan on running an ad in the Post-Tribune to draw attention to the website. Any suggestions on the quickest way to get this website up and running?
You have a lot of money for legal fees? You'll need it...
Back to top Go down
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Remonstration petitions to close McTavern's   Remonstration petitions to close McTavern's Empty10/10/2009, 8:40 am

It will be great once McTaverns is gone for good. Was the Preacher present when they had the last problem over there? Is that part of the reason he missed his radio show?
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Remonstration petitions to close McTavern's   Remonstration petitions to close McTavern's Empty10/11/2009, 5:43 am

LoisLane wrote:
sparks wrote:
You have a lot of money for legal fees? You'll need it...
I don't recall asking for legal advice from a bigoted troll. The citizens of Hammond have a legal right to circulate petitions to close a petition to close McGangbangers forever. It's looks like it's having an effect. Last night there were only four cars in the lot when I went past there at 10:30 pm.
Back to top Go down
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Remonstration petitions to close McTavern's   Remonstration petitions to close McTavern's Empty10/11/2009, 7:11 am

Does anybody know if the preachers car was towed? Is he going to dodge questions or is he going to prove where he was overnight on Thursday into Friday? Is preacher married any longer? If so, what did his wife say?
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Remonstration petitions to close McTavern's   Remonstration petitions to close McTavern's Empty10/30/2009, 2:10 pm

We're starting the final push to obtain more signatures to shut down McTavern's. The hearing in front of the Lake County Alcohol board is Thursday November 5 at 9:00 am. I think after the vicious murders of the McClendon's, all three licenses before the Liquor Control board will be denied. Any Hammond residents wishing to sign the petitions to close McTavern's,Dodo's and A-One liquors can send me a PM and we will be glad to bring the petitions by. It's time Hammond residents stood up and said that we're aren't going to allow these businesses to negatively impact our city any longer.
thanks,friends,
sincerely,
David and Diane Hein
Back to top Go down
John

PostSubject: Re: Remonstration petitions to close McTavern's   Remonstration petitions to close McTavern's Empty12/18/2009, 10:29 am

Is it true that this tavern has lost the license needed to sell booze? It was noted on another thread.
Back to top Go down
Mailman

Mailman

PostSubject: Re: Remonstration petitions to close McTavern's   Remonstration petitions to close McTavern's Empty12/18/2009, 10:47 am

I was informed via email from Kris Kantar this morning that the statae yanked their license on the 15th. Yes indeed "what comes around goes around"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Remonstration petitions to close McTavern's   Remonstration petitions to close McTavern's Empty

Back to top Go down

Remonstration petitions to close McTavern's
Page 1 of 1