Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

wheres the councilwoman

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
the oracle

the oracle

wheres the councilwoman Empty
PostSubject: wheres the councilwoman   wheres the councilwoman Empty9/18/2009, 5:26 pm

there was a really scary crime at riverside park the other night (monday). since then the police chief has gone on the airwaves, and the mayor did most of his show on the crime issue this morning, explaining what they are doing to combat the problem and giving advice on what residents can do about it.

so i was thinking.

where is the fourth district council woman? what is she doing about it?

after all she ran her campaign in part on crime as an issue.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: wheres the councilwoman   wheres the councilwoman Empty9/18/2009, 7:38 pm

Maybe she's been working?
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: wheres the councilwoman   wheres the councilwoman Empty9/21/2009, 4:38 am

ok i posted this thread questioning what the fourth district council woman was doing in the wake of this incident innocently enough. honestly it was just a question.

low and behold someone stole it from here, posted it on the other board...and suddenly that place has exploded with activity.

first. its a sad state of affairs when they have to import thoughts from somewhere else to generate interest in that board. but more interestingly isnt it amazing how all of the sudden the people over there are all in a tizzy?

me thinks they have figured out that i am on to something with my thought and question and are now falling all over themselves to try to distract from it.

but the question remains. its been a week now. and still no sign or comment from the fourth dist councilwoman on this very important issue in her district.

what is going on? is she out of town hosting another steak fry?
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: wheres the councilwoman   wheres the councilwoman Empty9/21/2009, 6:16 am

I'd like to point out that Councilwoman Poland did show up at the last meeting of the Lake County Alcohol commission meeting to speak against the transfer of a liquor store license into an already congested area of South Hammond at 173 rd and Calumet Ave. We were successful in that effort. In addition to Kim Poland, Phil Venecz of the Edison community watch spoke in opposition to that transfer. Dan Repay also attended that meeting, along with myself, city attorney Kris Kantar,one Woodmar resident, George Janiec, Jim Callahan and another city official. At that hearing, there were a total of four liquor licenses up for renewal. Three of them, A-One Liquors, DoDo's and McTavern's were continued until Thursday 10/1/2009 at 9 am. I'd like to know why Anthony Higgs wasn't there, along with councilman at large Bob Markovich, Kathleen Pucalik and JoAnnn Matonovich. They are supposed to represent the entire city of Hammond and as elected officials, we need them to take one morning and oppose these renewals. With the recent crime wave that has been sweeping Hammond, I think this will make a very good topic for tonight's show.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: wheres the councilwoman   wheres the councilwoman Empty9/21/2009, 9:12 am

I believe Kim can only ask the chief to step up the paroles.

There seems definitely an uprising of gang-related crimes of late. I put in a security system.

I don't think you should blame the councilwoman. The police need to step up with patrolling, and quit sitting on the side, waiting for seat-belt, or speeders, as I see them do quite a bit.

Crime reports should be sent to the paper to raise awareness. That sure would help a lot. It's not just Kim's district being affected, the car jackings are happening all over. The gang-bangers have no conscious when it comes to robbing you, and then attempting to kill you. It's happening all over, not just in Hammond.

Read the crime reports from "The Daily Herald" (south-west, Bolingbrook, Naperville, Joliet, Manhattan, edition), and you wouldn't believe the amount of crime that happens in even up-scale neighborhoods.

Police Chief Miller should be in charge of doing what you claim Kim should be doing.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: wheres the councilwoman   wheres the councilwoman Empty9/21/2009, 3:39 pm

based on the fact that dodos had a happy birthday anthony sign up a few months ago for higgs. it doesnt surprise me.

thanks sparks for being the first person to actually answer my question.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wheres the councilwoman   wheres the councilwoman Empty

Back to top Go down

wheres the councilwoman
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Indiana/Illinois :: Hammond-
Jump to: